PDA

View Full Version : DII Region III Final - Athens vs. Coldspring

Green Bling
11-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Who advances out of Region 3? The faceoff between Athens and Coldspring will be 7:30 p.m. Friday, at Bower Stadium on the Sam Houston State campus.

griff
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Coldspring by 14.

hornetsrule
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Athens takes this one

trojandad
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
the way chapel hill took navasota apart, the close loss athens had to ch is looking better and better....this team obviously has had as good of a year as we have under the headlines.....

i liked how they turned it on with royal in the latter part of the game, sort of like we did with kirbyville, means a good 4th qtr team....this is going to be a game....

here's hoping we can do it one more time....

old dragon
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey Trojandad,congrats on the win by your team.Good to see those guys still there.Hope to see them play since my schedule has been cleared(lol).Good luck next week.

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
the way chapel hill took navasota apart, the close loss athens had to ch is looking better and better....this team obviously has had as good of a year as we have under the headlines.....

i liked how they turned it on with royal in the latter part of the game, sort of like we did with kirbyville, means a good 4th qtr team....this is going to be a game....

here's hoping we can do it one more time....

Athens has some great Athletes on both sides of the ball. They are a great second half team. The QB and WR combo is a dangerous combo. QB is a big kid that can move. The best WR is tall and thick. Very good runner after the catch.

They gave us all we wanted.

trojandad
11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by old dragon
Hey Trojandad,congrats on the win by your team.Good to see those guys still there.Hope to see them play since my schedule has been cleared(lol).Good luck next week.

thanks dragon....huntsville would be a heck of a drive for you, but if you make it let me know and i'll buy the first cup of coffee on a chilly night....

scrub c
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I take Athens

SHSBulldog00
11-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
I take Athens

+1

hollywood
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Athens by +14

garciap77
11-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Coldspring by 3TDs!!!!

trojandad
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
i don't show that we have any history playing athens before.....does anyone show differently? (wos87, help!!) lol

trojandad
11-30-2010, 09:55 AM
massey has us winning 35-28, but when their playoff brackets show us having lost in the first round, i don't give it a lot of weight....lol

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Coldspring by 3TDs!!!!

I think the game will be closer..

trojandad
12-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Chillfan
I think the game will be closer..

as close as they played chapel hill, i think you're right.......

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
as close as they played chapel hill, i think you're right.......

yep

trojandad
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
as much as i'm excited these two teams made it to the regional finals, one could have made some SERIOUS coin betting on these two teams back in september......

Old Cardinal
12-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Coldsprings has beaten some good teams to get there.....I too think they win by 3 TDs!

Kickin It
12-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Not sure about how much Coldspring will win by, but seeing them first hand, I feel they will keep rolling. Good luck to both teams. Exciting time of the year!!!

trojandad
12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/7320239.html

so excited.....safe trip to both teams.....:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2010, 04:02 PM
GO TROJANS!

ogg
12-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Congats Coldspring on a great win!

trojandad
12-04-2010, 05:41 PM
big ups to athens......they took the lead early and didnt give it up without a fight.....their qb is tough and fast.....your fans should be proud of you guys.......

KVILLE_GRAD
12-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I was actually eating in Huntsville before it ever hit me that the game was being played there. My National Guard unit just happens to be there and just happens to of had training this weekend. Works out. lol.

Congratulations CS, I def sat on yall's side watching the game. #1 was very impressive yet again but what REALLY impressed me was the play of the linemen and secondary. I watched CS a lot more closer this time. They were big, fast, physical, and def deserved the win. the defense, for most of the night, was on lockdown with the hornets receivers and the linemen were getting AFTER their blocks. Smashing people 15 yards off the ball. Hopefully the tight end will be back in time to play Wimberly. Good luck CS on this next weeks game!

trojandad
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
MAN i wish i would have known you were there, jdog was with me there.....thanks for the props, buddy......it was a more rounded game than against you guys......sure appreciate the east texas support......:clap: :clap: :clap:

and i heard the te is ok and will be back.......im hoping.......

j_dog
12-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
I was actually eating in Huntsville before it ever hit me that the game was being played there. My National Guard unit just happens to be there and just happens to of had training this weekend. Works out. lol.

Congratulations CS, I def sat on yall's side watching the game. #1 was very impressive yet again but what REALLY impressed me was the play of the linemen and secondary. I watched CS a lot more closer this time. They were big, fast, physical, and def deserved the win. the defense, for most of the night, was on lockdown with the hornets receivers and the linemen were getting AFTER their blocks. Smashing people 15 yards off the ball. Hopefully the tight end will be back in time to play Wimberly. Good luck CS on this next weeks game!
Agreed. I knew CS was loaded after hearing how they manhandled Jasper in scrimmage. But what I saw from them Friday was unreal. But I had seen Gilbert's brother play. His brother had the capability to simply take over a game by himself. He is playing at OSU as a true freshman.

trojandad
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD

i agree with you, this is the best i have seen our line play in years....back during those runs from 92-96 we had coach monahans, first as line coach under peveto and then, after his passing, as head coach....when elvin bethea entered the hall of fame, he mentioned coach monahans as the best line coach he ever saw....those lines were the strength of those years and this is the best i've seen them play since then........

there was one play when athens was cheating to the outside to try and stop the sweep and there were 6 hornets spaced out ready to corral and tackle and the trojans sweeping the side were spaced out perfectly, man on man, not just a group of guys leading the back.....was the prettiest play all night if you enjoy line play.....

btw, kvill grad, i appreciate your guard service and sorry i didn't know about it earlier.....i thank you and appreciate what you and your men do.....absolutely.....