PDA

View Full Version : DI - RIII/RIV: Chapel Hill vs Columbia

Pages : [1] 2

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Tyler chapel hill, here we come!

Sloppy play tonight, but the necks will be ready to go next week!

:)

oldtownag
11-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie

:)

Good season Saggy. Well at least the Ags are champs.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 01:08 AM
I like it when people write us off. We've got some players that aren't scared of TCH. We're gonna come out next week and our boys will give it everything theyve got. Might even open a few eyes. ;)

'Necks 2013-14
11-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Who can get to the final?

Necks_WC
11-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Toss up here...CATS all over the field for both teams. Necks pull it out 38-31.

I'm hearing Berry Center Fri 7:30. Should be another HUGE crowd in maroon. Tonight was PACKED!!

Go Roughnecks!

'Necks 2013-14
11-28-2010, 01:34 AM
I heard Saturday @ Huntsville...we shall "C".:cool:

jmar623
11-28-2010, 02:01 AM
My Roughneck, #8 just got in and said they would be playing Friday night back at Berry Center at 7:30.

The final score was Columbia 36 - Somerset 27

Go Necks!

'Necks 2013-14
11-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Thanks jmar. Got to play all 4 qtrs. at a high level next Friday. I know our boys can do it. GATA 'NECKS ! ! ! !

buckeyebob
11-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

This is a 3A football site...no one cares about who the Aggies played or beat...carry your trash talk elsewhere.

Dub-C
11-28-2010, 08:16 AM

Let me guess. Your gonna say WC is too slow for the East Texas Teams. LOL.

oldtownag
11-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Dub-C

I don't know a thing about the WC speed. I was just congratulating a fellow AG on the Big 12 South Championship. TCH is very good this year. I picked them to lose to Henderson in the final. However, I think they are better than Henderson and I should have picked TCH.

oldtownag
11-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
This is a 3A football site...no one cares about who the Aggies played or beat...carry your trash talk elsewhere.

Back off

raider red 2000
11-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Pancho will have to scout ut a good eating area out near the berry center :)

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Let me tell the down low one more time, If you can not run with Chapell Hill, you can not beat them. Chapel Hill repersents East Texas speed this year. They have the fastest D in 3A period with Carthage a close second.

Necks_WC
11-28-2010, 10:10 AM
I think some of you East Texas fans need to read up on WC. You might be mistaking the Necks for some other team out there.

TCH's speed will me matched by the maroon team on the opposing sideline Friday night. Just watch!!

Pudlugger
11-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I have seen some fast teams this season and WC was by far the fastest. Faster than Sealy, Navasota and Giddings. If TCH is faster than WC they must be really fast. I mean super secret fast. Time travel fast? You get the picture.:D

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 11:22 AM
WC has the speed to play with ANY 3A team, including TCH. Believe that!

The WC boys will come out prepared and ready to play. I think its fair to say TCH will be the favorite, but I like the way our boys are playing.

We've jumped on everyone quick, but we keep letting them back in it with mistakes. If we can eliminate the mistakes and keep the quick starts.... WC can beat any 3A team, TCH included.

I think itll be a good one and GO NECKS!

areacode337
11-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Good Luck Necks.....prepare well and win.....

pirate4state
11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by areacode337
Good Luck Necks.....prepare well and win..... +1

I'm gonna have to see about going to this game. I've always wanted to see a game at the Berry Center.

GO NECKS!!!!

OldBison75
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
This game will not be determined by speed. Like I explained to Lulu the other day, with TCH it is not the speed that is surprising, alot of teams have speed. TCH has the quickest team I have seen this year by far. They have receivers and running backs that can change direction and make sharp cuts and then accelerate to full speed again in a few steps. They are not just fast, they accelerate so fast that if they get a half step, they are gone. It is hard to get a solid hit on them because they are usually not where you got a bead on them by the time contact is made.

If WC can jumpout on TCH early and avoid turnovers, they have a chance because they have the athletic ability to play alot of man coverage and stack the box. If TCH gets out fast, WC is in trouble.

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Have to go with TCH, too many mistakes by Columbia gives too many opportunities.....38-27.

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Isnt WC a heavy run team? If so, the CH defense will dominate. I think they held NV to 14 yards rushing. Day was sacked 11 times. NV was forced to throw. Can WC throw if needed?

Can the roughneck defense slow CH enough to keep up? CH was really conservative with the play calling against NV.

Necked
11-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Columbia prefers to play ball control, smash mouth type football. They had trouble establishing the run against Somerset for some reason. QB Lewis had to take matters into his own hands several times to save the game in the second half. He has shown he can throw it when needed. He has had his best passing games this year in the playoffs. It was unfortunate that the wheels came off in the second half, it spoiled an otherwise solid defensive effort by Columbia. Somerset offense was on the field too long in 2nd half due to turnovers. You cant give teams that many chances on offense or you will start giving up points. Columbia is going to need someone else besides Lewis to step up & help carry the load on the offensive side. I know Columbia's skills kids are young & have never faced this type of pressure before, but that is what it is going to take to win at this level, because the teams left standing are too good for any one man to beat...

Dub-C
11-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Chillfan
Isnt WC a heavy run team? If so, the CH defense will dominate. I think they held NV to 14 yards rushing. Day was sacked 11 times. NV was forced to throw. Can WC throw if needed?

Can the roughneck defense slow CH enough to keep up? CH was really conservative with the play calling against NV.

Here ya go.

http://www.gametimevideo.net/frenzy/2010-game-time-frenzy-season-04.html

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Have to go with TCH, too many mistakes by Columbia gives too many opportunities.....38-27. West Columbia played a mistake free game against Sinton with no turnovers in a game going in both knew turnovers had to be avoided. Against TCH they know they have to play that type of game again to give them a good chance to win.

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Navasota wasn't forced to throw, that's their offense. 50/50 run-pass. Obviously, you have to take what the defense will give you. With that said, it is very tough to run on TCH.

WC better bring their A game. TCH is the real deal. Trust me on this.

TCH by 21.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
WC will be ready to go. I hope TCH gets too confident coming in. All it takes is a little seam and #9 is gonna take it to the house.

WC D has improved each and every week. Somerset scored 3 TD's because of turnovers (1 was a defensive TD & the other 2 were drives that started near the Columbia 20 yd line). Their only other score was an 89 yard pass with under 2 mins to go. It was a good pass/catch/run. Credit deserved there.

But WC handed Somerset 21 points. If the Necks do that again next week, it'll be a long night... but if they come and play like they did against Sinton, they may be heading to Dallas the week after. :clap:

I'll be busy this week, but I'll see you guys in Cypress Friday night at 7:30. GO NECKS! :)

lulu
11-28-2010, 05:26 PM
WC will be ready to go. I hope TCH gets too confident coming in. All it takes is a little seam and #9 is gonna take it to the house.

WC D has improved each and every week. Somerset scored 3 TD's because of turnovers (1 was a defensive TD & the other 2 were drives that started near the Columbia 20 yd line). Their only other score was an 89 yard pass with under 2 mins to go. It was a good pass/catch/run. Credit deserved there.

But WC handed Somerset 21 points.

If the Necks do that again next week, it'll be a long night... but if they come and play like they did against Sinton, they may be heading to Dallas the week after. :clap:

I'll be busy this week, but I'll see you guys in Cypress Friday night at 7:30. GO NECKS! :)

Saggy...where is Cypress?

SHSBulldog00
11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
+1

I'm gonna have to see about going to this game. I've always wanted to see a game at the Berry Center.

GO NECKS!!!!

It is definitely worth the trip. 2.50 for sodas, 3.00 for nachos with chili and cheese. Watching W.C. win PRICELESS!!!!!!:D

Roughneck_Dad
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM

:) :iagree: Very sloppy indeed. Will have to prepare like we did for Sinton.:flaming: Play your game Necks and you will be at Cowboy stadium on Dec. 10th:2thumbsup

SHSBulldog00
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Saggy...where is Cypress?

NW Houston - Coming from IH 45 go west on 1960 past the 3.99 Pro Hair cuts and the Funeral Museum 1960 turns into 6 Turn right on West Rd left at Barker Cypress and you will see the stadium when the lights are on. 8877 Barker Cypress Cypress, Texas texasbob.com. I used mapquest for directions.

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 05:45 PM
What kind of size does WC have in the trenches? NV's Dline was small and very athletic. They stopped CH's big runs better than any defense we have played. We do better against the big boys.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
What kind of size does WC have in the trenches? NV's Dline was small and very athletic. They stopped CH's big runs better than any defense we have played. We do better against the big boys. WC has some good size on the d line. #31 (DE) is strong/big and fast (he's also the center on the basketball team).

Good size/ good quickness on the d line. We should be okay there. :thinking:

hookandladder
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
WC has good speed on both sides of the ball, if they were to play a perfect game against CH I would say they could win. Have not seen CH play a game all year however we played Navasota and WC and it sounds like CH handled Navasota , so I will have to go with CH by a Td. Good Luck to both teams.

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Since you have seen both NV and WC play, how would you compare both?

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Since you have seen both NV and WC play, how would you compare both? If this means anything at all....

LG lost to Columbia in week 2......51-41

and LG lost to Navasota in week 6.....28-6

lulu
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
NW Houston - Coming from IH 45 go west on 1960 past the 3.99 Pro Hair cuts and the Funeral Museum 1960 turns into 6 Turn right on West Rd left at Barker Cypress and you will see the stadium when the lights are on. 8877 Barker Cypress Cypress, Texas texasbob.com. I used mapquest for directions.

Thank you but that's a little far and snaky for me. Guess I'll make the Carthage/Argyle game.

Made too many trips to MD Anderson and that was enough for me.

Good luck to both teams but I will be looking for a CHill win.
You folks drive safe.
:wave: :wave:

ronwx5x
11-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

FM 1960 all the way to US 290 is a terrible, traffic filled, signal light riddled road. Spring for the Sam Houston Toll Road and go all the way to US 290 West toward Austin. It's only 1 toll booth for $1.50 and requires about 15-20 minutes. Once on 290, turn left (south) on Barker Cypress and you will see the Berry Center. Great venue.

Alternatively, take I-45 all the way to IH-610 West, continue until it splits and take US 290 West to Barker Cypress. There is far more traffic this way, especially on Friday afternoon.

No way anyone should try driving FM 1960 to avoid the toll. It can take well over an hour and maybe longer to get to US 290.

buckeyebob
11-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Back off

Careful...I'l sic Phil C on y'a

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dog7AHpglQc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pitgoLrPbNw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWp4IbaqluY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPNECn0sQo

Necks_WC
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
I hope yall walk on the field @ Berry Center too so our kids can see what ARROGANCE is...

Let's see, the last couple of teams that did that....oh yeah, they got ROLLED.

Go Necks!

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm not a fan of it myself. But, if this is what makes them feel good, go for it.

I know I'm a CH homer but this Dog Pack defense is gonna come after the Roughnecks HARD.

Call it arrogance, cocky, classless- I dont care. These guys play with a big chip on their shoulders. They play like somebody just stole their lunch money.

I hope you guys are up for the challenge.

Shiner
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
This should be the championship game. I don't think either of the teams from Region 1 or 2 can compete with these teams. Gonna be a good one.

krazredneck
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I think WC had an eye opener this Saturday. There are some tough games coming up. Gotta bring the A-game from now on.

Roughneck_Dad
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by krazredneck
I think WC had an eye opener this Saturday. There are some tough games coming up. Gotta bring the A-game from now on. :iagree: :2thumbsup

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 10:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPNECn0sQo the defensive plays are pretty good, but I'm not impressed at all with the offensive plays. :confused: :thinking:

Chillfan
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Carthage and a 4a school are the two teams in the videos. Pretty good offense against the back to back state champions I would say. And possibly a 3peat.

It may not be pretty to you but it gets the job done. They will test the WC defense thru the air and on the ground.

When you get this far in the playoffs, you can't depend on one man to get it done on offense. Sounds like the QB was the only one carrying the load against Somerset. The first offensive series for WC will look good. After that, CH's defense gets keyed in and begins to shut it down. I've watched it all year against some high powered offenses. I believe Coach Sitton is the best I've seen at getting these kids mentally prepared for different offenses.

'Necks 2013-14
11-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Who can get to the final? HEY--WTH??? That was MY first question in the poll that I started about this game. Again---I started. MY POLL HAS BEEN STOLE! ! ! !:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Carthage and a 4a school are the two teams in the videos. Pretty good offense against the back to back state champions I would say. And possibly a 3peat.

It may not be pretty to you but it gets the job done. They will test the WC defense thru the air and on the ground.

When you get this far in the playoffs, you can't depend on one man to get it done on offense. Sounds like the QB was the only one carrying the load against Somerset. The first offensive series for WC will look good. After that, CH's defense gets keyed in and begins to shut it down. I've watched it all year against some high powered offenses. I believe Coach Sitton is the best I've seen at getting these kids mentally prepared for different offenses. Yo are right, in the Somerset game the QB took over and won the game for Columbia, but it hasn't been like that all season.

He's a great player but we've got several others who can do some big things.

Hopefully the other guys can step up this week, because our QB won't be able to do the same kinds of things by himself that he did last sat night.

SintonFan
11-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Somerset had one of the best passing games in the state this year.
No matter the class.

Dub-C
11-29-2010, 07:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPNECn0sQo

All your "highlights" are against a weak 4-6 Hallsville Team

hookandladder
11-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Since you have seen both NV and WC play, how would you compare both?

Teams are very similar speed and size wise, both have QB's that can run however Day for Navasota seemed to be the better passer. I just felt Navasota had the better team , on the other hand we played Navasota without our 2 best players. Our nose tackle and our All State WR did not suit up, our WR would have made a difference but who knows how much. The key to beating WC is if you shut their running game down I do not feel their passing game can win it for them and since CH did stop Navasota I feel CH wins this game.

Dub-C
11-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Teams are very similar speed and size wise, both have QB's that can run however Day for Navasota seemed to be the better passer. I just felt Navasota had the better team , on the other hand we played Navasota without our 2 best players. Our nose tackle and our All State WR did not suit up, our WR would have made a difference but who knows how much. The key to beating WC is if you shut their running game down I do not feel their passing game can win it for them and since CH did stop Navasota I feel CH wins this game.

WC has scored in the playoffs with the pass as may times if not more than the run.

Dub-C
11-29-2010, 07:47 AM

You guys didn't get too see our all-state player either since he didn't suit up either. Chapel Hill will get to meet him.

Chillfan
11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
All your "highlights" are against a weak 4-6 Hallsville Team

These are the only video's we have this year that I know of. Just trying to give yall some insight on what we look like.

The player highlights are not just Hallsville. The team in red is carthage and the other is HV. The game video was against Center which wasnt all that strong this year.

Your saying Hallsville is a weak team. Dig a little deeper and you'll find that in the 3rd quarter of our game, HV lost their QB, RB, and WR that also plays defense. They were going to have a decent season until all this went wrong. Look at how many points HV scored in the previous two games.

Speakin of HV, look up Cochran there offensive tackle. He's going to Texas. He is a beast.

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Go Necks!!!

buff4ever
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Chapel Hill rolls on

waterboy
11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again.......I don't think anybody will beat Chapel Hill this year in D1. This Chapel Hill team just has what I've called the "it" factor, and usually that translates to wins on the field. I know nothing about WC, however, but this Bulldog team will be very hard to beat. If WC does win, I'll definitely be surprised. Not a knock on WC at all, I just don't see them beating CH. Chapel Hill is my pick to win it all in D1. Just my opinion.;)

Chillfan
11-29-2010, 01:31 PM
You guys didn't get too see our all-state player either since he didn't suit up either. Chapel Hill will get to meet him.

And he will be introduced to the "dog pack" defense. He'll be so frustrated by the 2nd quarter. Just like Day.

hookandladder
11-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Hey, I am not knocking your team, I feel if your team plays mistake free then you have a shot to win. I just think CH will win this game, Good Luck to both teams.

SHSBulldog00
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Go Necks!!! Representing D29 ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!!! Tough opponent this week. See you at the game Friday.

pirate4state
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
FM 1960 all the way to US 290 is a terrible, traffic filled, signal light riddled road. Spring for the Sam Houston Toll Road and go all the way to US 290 West toward Austin. It's only 1 toll booth for $1.50 and requires about 15-20 minutes. Once on 290, turn left (south) on Barker Cypress and you will see the Berry Center. Great venue.

Alternatively, take I-45 all the way to IH-610 West, continue until it splits and take US 290 West to Barker Cypress. There is far more traffic this way, especially on Friday afternoon.

No way anyone should try driving FM 1960 to avoid the toll. It can take well over an hour and maybe longer to get to US 290. I am seriously considering making the trek to this game. Google maps instructs me to exit towards TX-6 (off US59); merge onto Frontage Rd/Southwest Fwy; turn left at TX-6N; turn left at Longenbaugh Dr; right at Barker Cypress Road, bust a U and the stadium will be on my right? :nerd: Hope google maps doesn't fail me! :D

Maroon87
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I am seriously considering making the trek to this game. Google maps instructs me to exit towards TX-6 (off US59); merge onto Frontage Rd/Southwest Fwy; turn left at TX-6N; turn left at Longenbaugh Dr; right at Barker Cypress Road, bust a U and the stadium will be on my right? :nerd: Hope google maps doesn't fail me! :D

Take 59 to Beltway 8 northbound....you'll go through a couple of toll booths before you get to 290 but it will be worth it. Don't mess with TX-6...too many lights.:cool:

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Take 59 to Beltway 8 northbound....you'll go through a couple of toll booths before you get to 290 but it will be worth it. Don't mess with TX-6...too many lights.:cool: +1.

59 to beltway 8. 2 toll booths. Exit to 290 west. A couple miles, exit to Barker cypress. Take a left at the light. Stadium is 3ish miles on the right.

defense51
11-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Gotta back the roughnecks on this one, they will have to play mistake free football but they have a good chance to pull this one out.

Chillfan
11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Sounds like WC's offense is alot like NV's. QB is a bigger threat as a runner but can throw if he has too.

defense51
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Good luck to both teams, should be an awesome game.

garciap77
11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Chapel Hill by 17!

lostaussie
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Necks_WC
Toss up here...CATS all over the field for both teams. Necks pull it out 38-31.

I'm hearing Berry Center Fri 7:30. Should be another HUGE crowd in maroon. Tonight was PACKED!!

Go Roughnecks! Not saying you can't win...............but you not gonna score 38 on that defense!!

Dub-C
11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
And he will be introduced to the "dog pack" defense. He'll be so frustrated by the 2nd quarter. Just like Day.

Apparently you don't know what position he plays. I'm pretty sure a couple of guys in the Dawg pack will know he is there.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Not saying you can't win...............but you not gonna score 38 on that defense!! Maybe not on offense, but WC has scored 3 defensive TD's since week 10 and have about 4 or 5 special teams TD's this year.

If they can get in the open, or step in front of a ball... I wouldn't put it past the necks to drop 38.

Just remember, Wc has a couple guys that if they get one step, they are going to the house, even on Chapel Hill's speed. :eek:

Necks_WC
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Keep on overlooking the NECKS...

...and WATCH OUT on Friday night!!

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
I will tell you the same thing I have said all year. If you can't run with them(Chapel Hill) you can not beat them. It will be the fastest Defense you have seen all year. The only way you beat them is if they turn the ball over and give you a short field. Also you will not stop the three headed monster on offense. They are the team that is a head above everybody else.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
I will tell you the same thing I have said all year. If you can't run with them(Chapel Hill) you can not beat them. It will be the fastest Defense you have seen all year. The only way you beat them is if they turn the ball over and give you a short field. Also you will not stop the three headed monster on offense. They are the team that is a head above everybody else. haha, we'll see.

WC has been the underdog before....

And heaven forbid WC wins.... then what? :eek:

Chillfan
11-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Our secondary and 2 out of 3 LB's can stay step to step with anybody you got.

Lee's #1 MLB responsibilty is gonna be the QB. The defensive line will have the oline tied up so he will be free. I've seen it all year.

He is nasty quick and will lay the wood.

The other LB is Matthew Tuckers of TCU little brother. He started as a freshmen playing LB. Same as Lee, fast and agressive.

Yalls QB will be pointing at the oline early. Just like NV.

A guy at work asked me today, what is that coach doing to make the defense play so pissed off.

Go Bulldogs!!!!! Keep going wide open!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Our secondary and 2 out of 3 LB's can stay step to step with any you got.

Lee's #1 MLB responsibilty is gonna be the QB. The defensive line will have the oline tied up so he will be free. I've seen it all year.

He is nasty quick and will lay the wood.

The other LB is Matthew Tuckers of TCU little brother. He started as a freshmen playing LB. Same as Lee, fast and agressive.

Yalls QB will be pointing at the oline early. Just like NV.

A guy at work asked me today, what is that coach doing to make the defense play so pissed off.

Go Bulldogs!!!!! Keep going wide open!!! Sounds like we're in for a fight, but you best believe these boys are going to make CH work for everything they get.

Stout run D and have damn near shut down 2 of the best passing teams in all of 3A (Sinton and Somerset).

Wc will be ready to go. :clap:

And I'd like to add.... Wc's defense sacked Somerset's Qb 6 times... picked him off twice, recovered a fumble... and forced a safety. :clap:

The d is pretty good. ;)

Chillfan
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Sounds like we're in for a fight, but you best believe these boys are going to make CH work for everything they get.

Stout run D and have damn near shut down 2 of the best passing teams in all of 3A (Sinton and Somerset).

Wc will be ready to go. :clap:

And I'd like to add.... Wc's defense sacked Somerset's Qb 6 times... picked him off twice, recovered a fumble... and forced a safety. :clap:

The d is pretty good. ;)

Every year you see a few guys on any football team that seem to have football in their blood. They just go all out every play. WC has some I'm sure. WC QB looks to be one by watching some video of him. A true football player. This year CH seems to have a bunch of them which is not common. This years team is just special.

CH respects the heck out of WC. Anybody still standing didnt get here by fluke. WC wants to get to the big dance just as bad as CH. Both teams will give it all they got. One or two mistakes can be fatal for either team. Sounds like both teams have been blessed with a minimal amount of injuries.

If WC takes the win, I'll be back Sat morning to congratulate and give credit where credit is due. I will be rooting for Henderson in the final though. lol

JDOG
11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
WC has seen nothing like the talent they will see Friday. Believe me what they see from TCH will be at a whole different level from what they have seen from the CC area and West Texas. It has been a great year for WC, but it will end Friday.They will hang tough for awhile but the final will be a comfortable win for TCH. I predict:

TCH 35
WC 14

Dub-C
11-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
I will tell you the same thing I have said all year. If you can't run with them(Chapel Hill) you can not beat them. It will be the fastest Defense you have seen all year. The only way you beat them is if they turn the ball over and give you a short field. Also you will not stop the three headed monster on offense. They are the team that is a head above everybody else.

So is our defense. 30 or so sacks just dont happen unless you can get to the qb. You don't get it we aren't a south texas team. News flash WC is fast everywhere on the field. DUH. Making plays and playing sound football will win the game. Not just speed. CH is a great team that is known. WC is one also hence the same record. I don't even know why I'm even saying this about speed since someone from another team already stated it. IMO whoever wins this game will be the state champs.

pirate4state
11-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
WC has seen nothing like the talent they will see Friday. Believe me what they see from TCH will be at a whole different level from what they have seen from the CC area and West Texas. It has been a great year for WC, but it will end Friday.They will hang tough for awhile but the final will be a comfortable win for TCH. I predict:

TCH 35
WC 14

LOL I love this kind of talk. I don't think Columbia has played any West Texas teams. :confused:

I hope Columbia takes TCH to the wood shed!

Dub-C
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
LOL I love this kind of talk. I don't think Columbia has played any West Texas teams. :confused:

I hope Columbia takes TCH to the wood shed!

I knew I liked you for some reason. They think we haven't played any good teams.:rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2010, 11:50 PM
West Texas. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 07:32 AM
I don't think any of these folks are CH fans. I could be wrong.

NHSBulldog75
11-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Use Mapquest to plot the route from CH to The Barry Center Stadium on Barker Cypress in Cypress TX.

then drag the route from Conroe to Navasota

this puts you going through a stretch of two-lane road and some small towns, but lets you avoid the snakes' nest known as FM1960 during Houston's rush hour.

plus those small towns probably have a bunch of mom-n-pop eating places, which is a bonus in my book!

themsu97
11-30-2010, 09:48 AM

TCH 35
WC 14

this comments comes up alot in these threads and it is by far the dumbest quote...
at this point in the playoffs it is obvious that neither team has seen any thing like the opponent they are about to play... Chapel HIll has not played any team like the Dub and vice versa... best offense and defense either team will see... this is clearly the state championship game.. these are the best two teams left standing in this division... I hope the Dub wins but Chapel Hill is very good

pirate4state
11-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
this comments comes up alot in these threads and it is by far the dumbest quote...
at this point in the playoffs it is obvious that neither team has seen any thing like the opponent they are about to play... Chapel HIll has not played any team like the Dub and vice versa... best offense and defense either team will see... this is clearly the state championship game.. these are the best two teams left standing in this division... I hope the Dub wins but Chapel Hill is very good x10 :clap:

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2010, 10:40 AM

TCH 35
WC 14

When did WC play a West Texas team? :confused:

areacode337
11-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Necks have seen it all....the have the Panch

areacode337
11-30-2010, 11:16 AM
TCH will wish they were playing Whitehouse.....

scrub c
11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
sounds like poor little west columbia dont stand a chance...

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by areacode337
TCH will wish they were playing Whitehouse.....

No not Whitehouse again. CH's romping by WH was the best thing that ever happened to us this year.

I dont think WC can match WH's explosive offense. CH played them will until the second half. They intercepted a pass at the end of the 1st and CH dropped their heads. It got ugly after that. Trey from WH is the best reciever I have ever watched at the high school level. He can tear you apart.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
I love how people say that one team cant do this or that..and guarantee certain things without ever seeing the team play that they are saying cant do these things.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I love how people say that one team cant do this or that..and guarantee certain things without ever seeing the team play that they are saying cant do these things.

Just lookin at the polls.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Really? a guarantee just by looking at the polls? HA HA HA HA HA!!

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 12:24 PM
I just hope the Necks can muster up a 1st down or two.

Phil C
11-30-2010, 12:31 PM

A good point coach. I remember in the 80s we won back to back state championships in baseball and all of the teams that went to state were ranked ahead of us because we lost early games to 5A schools. Fortunately polls don't mean anything and it takes performance on the field of play.
Coach I remember in the early 60s San Antonio Brackenride High School won the 4A state football championship (highest class then) and weren't even favored to win district. They lost several early district games but started winning and the rest beat each other out and they were able to win the district and get into the playoffs. They were underdogs in all their games in the playffs but they won them all. When it got to the final 8 if you had listed who you thought would be the least one to go all the way they were it according to the experts but they won them all and were state champions. Thank goodness it isn't decided by the polls.

The only fault with the playoffs and this probably can't be helped is when two good teams like Columbia and Sinton play each other early in the playoffs rather than later.

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't think "getting your heads down" equates to a 42-6 THUMPING.

I think that's called "being overmatched."

Wait...is it even possible for CH to be overmatched??

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Come on Coach, give me a little credit. Polls and paper mean nothing. Its strictly about matchups and this is going to be good one.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't think "getting your heads down" equates to a 42-6 THUMPING.

I think that's called "being overmatched."

Wait...is it even possible for CH to be overmatched??

This game was a big time old rivalry. CH just beat WW 55-0 (i know WW was weak this year). CH was ridin a little high. They had their eyes set on a WH win. Whitehouse is a good 4-a football team. We knew we were the underdog coming in. CH was able to hold them on the first drive and scored on our next drive. CH had the momentum and stopped them several more times. WH picked off a pass early in the 2nd and scored. WH ended up scoring again. CH turned around and drove the field down to the WH 4 yd line. WH stopped us 4 times with a few minutes left. After they held us, it was like CH just gave up. It was like we ran out of gas. The second half started and WH never looked back. There depth killed us and we were overmatched. Our guys were wore slap out especially the guys playing ways.

Yes, CH was outmatched against WH. From this point on, CH has played a different game since. We have been behind a few times since and fought to come back. WH embarrassed us that night.

Ask any WH fan if they would like to play us again right now and they would say no.

We were the underdogs big time when Carthage rolled around and look what happened. CH has not been the same since WH.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Not saying you can't win...............but you not gonna score 38 on that defense!!

didnt athens put up 35?

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
didnt athens put up 35?

Yes sir and deserved every point. Both CH and Athens had a off night. CH made some costly mistakes (bad snaps close to our goal line) and Athens made us pay. Not making excuses because Athens made mistakes too.

I'm tellin ya, Athens is really good this year. This team is flat talented and will fight to the last minute.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
What was the problem? Was it the pressure of a close game? Looking at CH schedule seems like they didnt have but one game that was close.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
What was the problem? Was it the pressure of a close game? Looking at CH schedule seems like they didnt have but one game that was close.

CH underestimated Athens I think. It was a great game that had you sittin on the edge of your seats.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Athens...

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Why are people saying the winner of this game will win state? Everybody overlooking Henderson? :eek:

I mean Columbia and CH are great teams... but Henderson ripped lovejoy a new one. The winner of this game will have their hands full in Dallas, IMO.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Why are people saying the winner of this game will win state? Everybody overlooking Henderson? :eek:

I mean Columbia and CH are great teams... but Henderson ripped lovejoy a new one. The winner of this game will have their hands full in Dallas, IMO.

Same reason people are saying WC ain't got a chance.

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 01:59 PM

I mean Columbia and CH are great teams... but Henderson ripped lovejoy a new one. The winner of this game will have their hands full in Dallas, IMO. A BIG +1

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Chillfan - do y'all travel well?

OldBison75
11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Let's make this a simple equation---
when you reach the semi-finals, any team can win on any night. Both of these teams are very talented and have already proven that they can win big games. My bet is that this will be a game of big plays on both sides of the ball. Neither team will grind out the yards. I think the team that can force the other to make a costly turnover will win.
Both teams have speed and both have outstanding athletes, but the key will be who can win the field position battle. Give either team a short field and they will capitalize quickly.

I can also guarantee you that the winner of this game will not find next week any easier. Henderson and Alvarado can both play with either of these teams and the finals will be a real battle.

TCH beat Navasota handily and therefore I am picking them to go all the way, but I would not be shocked if any of the four remaining were the State Champions. All four are capable of beating each other.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:18 PM

I agree Saggy.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Chillfan - do y'all travel well?

Yes, Although drivin 4 hours on a friday evening will leave some at home due to work or school. I expect a good crowd but WC will probably have more because of the shorter distance.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Let's make this a simple equation---
when you reach the semi-finals, any team can win on any night. Both of these teams are very talented and have already proven that they can win big games. My bet is that this will be a game of big plays on both sides of the ball. Neither team will grind out the yards. I think the team that can force the other to make a costly turnover will win.
Both teams have speed and both have outstanding athletes, but the key will be who can win the field position battle. Give either team a short field and they will capitalize quickly.

I can also guarantee you that the winner of this game will not find next week any easier. Henderson and Alvarado can both play with either of these teams and the finals will be a real battle.

TCH beat Navasota handily and therefore I am picking them to go all the way, but I would not be shocked if any of the four remaining were the State Champions. All four are capable of beating each other.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes, Although drivin 4 hours on a friday evening will leave some at home due to work or school. I expect a good crowd but WC will probably have more because of the shorter distance. yeah, I was curious why TCH agreed to cypress?? Such a long drive. Columbia definitely has an advantage there.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I think our fans would drive to El Paso to watch us play...

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:30 PM
yeah, I was curious why TCH agreed to cypress?? Such a long drive. Columbia definitely has an advantage there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i was thinking if either coach couldnt agree on a neutral site they would have a coin toss for the home team location. Are we the visiting team? I havent checked.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
WC is home team and I am pretty sure the site was a mutual agreement.

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but i was thinking if either coach couldnt agree on a neutral site they would have a coin toss for the home team location. Are we the visiting team? I havent checked. Columbia is the home team, I believe. So, they flipped for home/home and wc won and chose the Berry center?

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Doubt it...Berry Center had to be agreed upon. Had it gone to Home & Home, I'm sure Surovik would have put up something closer than 1.5 hrs away.

Either way, should be PLENTY of maroon in the house Friday night.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Columbia is the home team, I believe. So, they flipped for home/home and wc won and chose the Berry center?

Not real sure Saggy just assuming. All I know is we got us a room and cant wait til Friday. CH is bringing a few charter buses for fans.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Harris poll has CH the favorites by 24...:hand:

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, angleton or pearland or Katy Rhodes, or maybe he just REALLY liked the Berry center? Lol

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Harris poll has CH the favorites by 24...:hand:

Maxpreps has CHill by 3. Maxpreps can be inaccurate and misleading for any team.

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
So can Harris...

Dinah
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, Although drivin 4 hours on a friday evening will leave some at home due to work or school. I expect a good crowd but WC will probably have more because of the shorter distance.

When we played Sinton 3 hours away, WC packed the house! We have packed every stadium to standing room only all year! If it were an 8 hour drive we would do it! We go with our boys! They have the support of 2 towns, Brazoria and West Columbia! And we love our Roughnecks!!!

Everyone seems to be underestimating WC's ability here. I have been following the thread. This year WC is playing like a family and we all know when a family stands together and fights what happens! So good luck CH but WC will be in the HOUSE!!!!

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Maxpreps has CHill by 3. Maxpreps can be inaccurate and misleading for any team.

I like being the 3 pt underdog...worked out well for us last time.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:51 PM
WC CH

16.5 15.2 points all per game
39.8 42.6 scored per game
74 192 passing yds per game
301 254 rushing yds per game

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Dinah
When we played Sinton 3 hours away, WC packed the house! We have packed every stadium to standing room only all year! If it were an 8 hour drive we would do it! We go with our boys! They have the support of 2 towns, Brazoria and West Columbia! And we love our Roughnecks!!!

Everyone seems to be underestimating WC's ability here. I have been following the thread. This year WC is playing like a family and we all know when a family stands together and fights what happens! So good luck CH but WC will be in the HOUSE!!!!

and CHill can quieten a big crowd quick. :eek:

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't think CH will pass much on wc. :thinking:

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah, and the Necks can keep a small, quiet crowd QUIET too. :)

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah, and the Necks can keep a small, quiet crowd QUIET too. :)

I knew that was coming. lol

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 03:03 PM

I think the offensive plan will be alot like last week. Pound the ball 4-6 yds at a time. Tighten the defense up and drop the bomb. The scouts for WC seen nothing offensively. Just basic football. CH has alot more tricks in the bag. Our QB can run also. We have only seen it a few times. They only seen a minimal amount of pass plays. CH has been big on the screen and passes to the flat. They ran it maybe twice last week. Although NV did stuff it.

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
The scouting info won't matter near as much as the film. Trust me, WC got the games they wanted to see.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 03:14 PM
The key to beating WC is if you shut their running game down

:D :D :D

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 03:31 PM

What makes you think that Saggy? If CH jumps up early, were running and eatin the clock. If its tight, I can promise you were running and chunking.

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 03:37 PM
What makes you think that Saggy? If CH jumps up early, were running and eatin the clock. If its tight, I can promise you were running and chunking. I should rephrase and say I don't think CH will have much "success" passing on WC.

Dinah
11-30-2010, 03:44 PM
:D :D :D

Good Luck with that no one has yet! And I dont see CH doing it either. Once again these boys are playing like it was for thier lives! They are playing like a family and a team. TALENT wins games... but TEAMWORK and INTELLIGENCE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Necks got this!!!! Again never under estimate your opponent! Ask Custard about that one!

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
I should rephrase and say I don't think CH will have much "success" passing on WC.

Why? Yalls secondary cover well? Dont forget our recievers are not Sinton or Somerset recievers. These are Etx recievers and you know what that means.:wave:

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Dinah
Good Luck with that no one has yet! And I dont see CH doing it either. Once again these boys are playing like it was for thier lives! They are playing like a family and a team. TALENT wins games... but TEAMWORK and INTELLIGENCE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Necks got this!!!! Again never under estimate your opponent! Ask Custard about that one!

Thats what NV said.:rolleyes:

Roughneck_Dad
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
yeah, I was curious why TCH agreed to cypress?? Such a long drive. Columbia definitely has an advantage there. :twitch: From what I heard was CH wanted to play on Friday and WC wanted to play on Sat. WC lost the flip on the day to play but won the flip on where to play (Berry Center or Huntsville). Then won the flip on who was home team.:twitch:

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck_Dad
:twitch: From what I heard was CH wanted to play on Friday and WC wanted to play on Sat. WC lost the flip on the day to play but won the flip on where to play (Berry Center or Huntsville). Then won the flip on who was home team.:twitch:

makes sense too me. Thats ok, four hours of jamming Hank Williams in the head phones will have the boys pumped.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
makes sense too me. Thats ok, four hours of jamming Hank Williams in the head phones will have the boys pumped.

All my rowdy friends have settled down?

hookandladder
11-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I should rephrase and say I don't think CH will have much "success" passing on WC.

Then your pass D must have made some major improvement's from our game with you, we could not run at all but passed for close to 400 yards.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 04:56 PM
All my rowdy friends have settled down?

"Runnin & Gunnin"

I'm kinda old school. These kids probably never heard of him.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Then your pass D must have made some major improvement's from our game with you, we could not run at all but passed for close to 400 yards.

:thinking:

Dub-C
11-30-2010, 05:06 PM

But did you or Somerset or Sinton or Sweeny win?????????:p

Dub-C
11-30-2010, 05:14 PM
But did you or Somerset or Sinton or Sweeny win?????????:p

And want to know why they had trouble passing. The slow defense kept putting pressure on the qb and receivers.

Bullaholic
11-30-2010, 05:17 PM
How good was Whitehouse to have beaten Chapel Hill 42-6? And I don't mean that as a shot.....

pirate4state
11-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How good was Whitehouse to have beaten Chapel Hill 42-6? And I don't mean that as a shot..... They must have been faster that day :D

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How good was Whitehouse to have beaten Chapel Hill 42-6? And I don't mean that as a shot.....

They came in 2nd in their district behind a strong John Tyler. They gave JT a great game. I honestly figured they would still be playing. Met their match early with Mesquite Poteet.

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah - 1st round early.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah - 1st round early.

2nd round. Beat Royse City in first round.

baseballcoach13
11-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Y:eek:

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Then your pass D must have made some major improvement's from our game with you, we could not run at all but passed for close to 400 yards. Well.... in our defense, about 100 of those yards were trick plays, you have a soon to be 2 time all state wr (that CH doesnt,) AND our best CB (Cody langford--who led the district in ints) didn't play that game. On top of all that, our d has improved dramatically and we have an all state lineman now causing havoc on the d line. Since the lg game, our pass d has really come around and basically shut down sweeny/sinton/ and Somerset. :clap:

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Just got done watching a little practice. One word "intense". Its just puts a smile on my face to see the boys going at it. Contact that is.

They will be ready!!!! Go Bulldogs!!!!!!

Pivo
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Just got thru watching WC .. very relaxed, working on exra points. only !

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Pivo
Just got thru watching WC .. very relaxed, working on exra points. only !

Great, field goals are there only chance of scoring. Seems like they already know it....:helpme:

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Great, field goals are there only chance of scoring. Seems like they already know it....:helpme: Read it again bro. He said EXTRA points....the ones that come after TD's...have you ever watched a football game before??:D

Pivo
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Great, field goals are there only chance of scoring. Seems like they already know it....:helpme:

I said extra points ! Yall must be a little slow in east Texas.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Read it again bro. He said EXTRA points....the ones that come after TD's...have you ever watched a football game before??:D

I know what he said...

You Columbia folk need to promise us one thing.

Yall dont be mad at us!!!

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I said extra points ! Yall must be a little slow in east Texas.

Slow? No, thats you south texas boys:tisk:

I was gonna be nice and say southeast boys but you have yet to earn the right to mix east with Columbia.:D

Pivo
11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I know what he said...

You Columbia folk need to promise us one thing.

Yall dont me mad at us!!!

Do you even speak english in east Texas ?

sinton66
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Kinda weak pointing out a typo.:D

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 08:21 PM

You got me there Pivo.

It looks like I'm the only CHill fan on here. Can somebody explain why the polls is favored for CHill?

Its already been said that NV is better than WC. Maybe thats why. Maybe with 14 yds of rushing and 11 sacks people are leaning towards the east.

Roughneck_Dad
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM
You got me there Pivo.

It looks like I'm the only CHill fan on here. Can somebody explain why the polls is favored for CHill?

Its already been said that NV is better than WC. Maybe thats why. Maybe with 14 yds of rushing and 11 sacks people are leaning towards the east. :devil: Thats okay Roughnecks like it when nobody takes us seriously and have us behind in the polls. It just pisses them off and a pissed off Roughneck means a really bad night for whoever is in the way.:flaming: Last week Roughnecks were knocking on the door to State. This week they are going to kick the S.O.B. down!!! Go Necks:D

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
:devil: Thats okay Roughnecks like it when nobody takes us seriously and have us behind in the polls. It just pisses them off and a pissed off Roughneck means a really bad night for whoever is in the way.:flaming: Last week Roughnecks were knocking on the door to State. This week they are going to kick the S.O.B. down!!! Go Necks:D

There is only one problem Dad. There is a pack of Dogs standing in front of the door. You cant go around them, cant go over them, you cant go thru them, and you dang sure cant catch them.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 08:53 PM
By the way Dad and Pivo, we are gonna have a community pep rally thursday evening. Yall come on down and join the Dog Pack. Hot dogs are on me. Free window painting too.

Roughneck_Dad
11-30-2010, 09:04 PM
There is only one problem Dad. There is a pack of Dogs standing in front of the door. You cant go around them, cant go over them, you cant go thru them, and you dang sure cant catch them. :thinking: As far as going through them we have #33, #66, #70 & #53 doubleought buckshot. For going around we have #5, #52, #25 tripleought buckshot for that. And for catching them we have #5, #7, #6, #3, & #11 cal. for them. Big guns with plenty in reserve!!!!!:stirpot:

Roughneck_Dad
11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
By the way Dad and Pivo, we are gonna have a community pep rally thursday evening. Yall come on down and join the Dog Pack. Hot dogs are on me. Free window painting too. Will be cooking Dogs on Friday night. :D

jp744
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Congrats to both teams. TCH not CHill becaust that is Cedar Hill and you cant use that when you win a state title then you can. Anyway. I have seen both teams play and TCH does not have the WR’s QB or passing game that Somerset has. Both WR's at Somerset were better route runners and as fast as any you will see the rest of the way WC. Somerset almost beat Brownwood in State 7 on 7 tourny so WC is tested in the passing game but TCH runs the ball to set up the big pass play and the run starts with #2 and he is a real football player dominant on both sides of the ball and one of the best players in the state by far and is spelled by another good football player in #21 I think. If #9 for WC plays Defense he can match #2 for TCH on both sides and we got us a barn burner. But it all starts with the run for both teams. #2 for TCH and #9 for WC both are the best players in the paly offs right now. Navasota was not very good very average team had open rec's all night and QB got caught starring at the rush instead of throwing the ball and that is why he got sacked so many times. Take a note out of #12's book from Somerset and look down the field for open wr's and forget about the rush. But Rec open all over the field. I saw the game first hand. Navasota got behind and had to stay with the pass becuase of stupid mistakes and in the play offs that gets you beat. But there were some creases to hit in there for #9 and #3 for WC because up front your much better then Navasota. You will not break out and run away from TCH but you need to run over them not away from them . TCH playing the best football in the state right now can run it and hit you with the deep ball. I think this is the state championship game IMO. I have a lot of respect for Henderson and Alvarado don't get me wrong but I just think these two teams are better than those two and will be the favorite going into Jerry's House on Dec 10th.

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by jp744
Congrats to both teams. TCH not CHill becaust that is Cedar Hill and you cant use that when you win a state title then you can. Anyway. I have seen both teams play and TCH does not have the WR’s QB or passing game that Somerset has. Both WR's at Somerset were better route runners and as fast as any you will see the rest of the way WC. Somerset almost beat Brownwood in State 7 on 7 tourny so WC is tested in the passing game but TCH runs the ball to set up the big pass play and the run starts with #2 and he is a real football player dominant on both sides of the ball and one of the best players in the state by far and is spelled by another good football player in #21 I think. If #9 for WC plays Defense he can match #2 for TCH on both sides and we got us a barn burner. But it all starts with the run for both teams. #2 for TCH and #9 for WC both are the best players in the paly offs right now. Navasota was not very good very average team had open rec's all night and QB got caught starring at the rush instead of throwing the ball and that is why he got sacked so many times. Take a note out of #12's book from Somerset and look down the field for open wr's and forget about the rush. But Rec open all over the field. I saw the game first hand. Navasota got behind and had to stay with the pass becuase of stupid mistakes and in the play offs that gets you beat. But there were some creases to hit in there for #9 and #3 for WC because up front your much better then Navasota. You will not break out and run away from TCH but you need to run over them not away from them . TCH playing the best football in the state right now can run it and hit you with the deep ball. I think this is the state championship game IMO. I have a lot of respect for Henderson and Alvarado don't get me wrong but I just think these two teams are better than those two and will be the favorite going into Jerry's House on Dec 10th. Kinda hard to follow because of run ons and such..... but great points from first hand knowledge of both teams. :clap:

I think that is a fair and accurate assessment of both teams. :)

Necks_WC
11-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Is it Friday yet??

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Ditto. I've got a good feeling about this game. Perhaps "chill" will come in a little.... or maybe even a lot, overconfident. If they do, I believe the 'Necks jump on them early and then.....who knows?? After all, it's happened to them before. (see Whitehouse) :thinking:

zebrablue2
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Go Necks!!!

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by jp744
Congrats to both teams. TCH not CHill becaust that is Cedar Hill and you cant use that when you win a state title then you can. Anyway. I have seen both teams play and TCH does not have the WR’s QB or passing game that Somerset has. Both WR's at Somerset were better route runners and as fast as any you will see the rest of the way WC. Somerset almost beat Brownwood in State 7 on 7 tourny so WC is tested in the passing game but TCH runs the ball to set up the big pass play and the run starts with #2 and he is a real football player dominant on both sides of the ball and one of the best players in the state by far and is spelled by another good football player in #21 I think. If #9 for WC plays Defense he can match #2 for TCH on both sides and we got us a barn burner. But it all starts with the run for both teams. #2 for TCH and #9 for WC both are the best players in the paly offs right now. Navasota was not very good very average team had open rec's all night and QB got caught starring at the rush instead of throwing the ball and that is why he got sacked so many times. Take a note out of #12's book from Somerset and look down the field for open wr's and forget about the rush. But Rec open all over the field. I saw the game first hand. Navasota got behind and had to stay with the pass becuase of stupid mistakes and in the play offs that gets you beat. But there were some creases to hit in there for #9 and #3 for WC because up front your much better then Navasota. You will not break out and run away from TCH but you need to run over them not away from them . TCH playing the best football in the state right now can run it and hit you with the deep ball. I think this is the state championship game IMO. I have a lot of respect for Henderson and Alvarado don't get me wrong but I just think these two teams are better than those two and will be the favorite going into Jerry's House on Dec 10th. They DO have a state title.

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
CHill has a state championship. Not sure what your talking with Cedar Hill.

#2 and #21 would not be where they are without the defensive line. #70 and #53 is normally double teamed. #30 and #12 play the outside well. Point is, these LB's go untouched quite abit besides a leading RB.

Jp, are you from Somerset?

Chillfan
11-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Whitehouse Whitehouse blah blah blah. I have already said we were outmatched and got whooped.

My goodness, WH has 60 +/- kids on their team verses our 30 +/-

WC is not WH I can promise. You don't have the fire power thru the air or on the ground like WH. They are very well balanced.

I've been doing a lot of talking I know. Again, we respect WC to the max. I mean think about it, if we don't respect yall and get beat, it may be another 20 yrs before a state game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Will be cooking Dogs on Friday night. :D throw one on the grill for me :D

Dont know anything about TCH so wont say who'll win but i'll be rooting for WC to win this game. Go 'Necks!

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM
CHill has a state championship. Not sure what your talking with Cedar Hill.

#2 and #21 would not be where they are without the defensive line. #70 and #53 is normally double teamed. #30 and #12 play the outside well. Point is, these LB's go untouched quite abit besides a leading RB.

Jp, are you from Somerset? I can say without a doubt that your LB's will be "touched" come Friday night. Columbia is VERY physical and I am sure that TCH is as well. Lots of pad popping coming to the Berry Center. Are YOU ready for some football??!!:clap:

Dub-C
11-30-2010, 11:24 PM
DAYMOND LEWIS = MIKE VICK

NUFF SAID

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 11:26 PM

NUFF SAID Man...that is below the belt as you KNOW we are playing the bulldogs!!!:eek:

Dub-C
11-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Man...that is below the belt as you KNOW we are playing the bulldogs!!!:eek:

I KNOW.

'Necks 2013-14
11-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Funny stuff Dub. GATA 'NECKS ! ! !

Rattler06
12-01-2010, 12:38 AM

take away the Navasota three turnovers and you have a game to be honest tch is good but both teams matched up well if it wasnt for the 3 ian day mistakes navasota would be playing wc this week. keep in mind tch is good but not as good as your head makes them out to be.

hookandladder
12-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Rattler06
take away the Navasota three turnovers and you have a game to be honest tch is good but both teams matched up well if it wasnt for the 3 ian day mistakes navasota would be playing wc this week. keep in mind tch is good but not as good as your head makes them out to be.

Was not at the Navasota-TCH game however WC is a very talented team with speed and good size, TCH will need another mistake free game to beat WC. Still think with TCH beating Navasota that TCH wins this game.

Cam Jones= Mick Vick Cam was the real deal , WC -QB reminded me of the Sweeny QB from last year.

sinton66
12-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Whitehouse Whitehouse blah blah blah. I have already said we were outmatched and got whooped.

My goodness, WH has 60 +/- kids on their team verses our 30 +/-

WC is not WH I can promise. You don't have the fire power thru the air or on the ground like WH. They are very well balanced.

I've been doing a lot of talking I know. Again, we respect WC to the max. I mean think about it, if we don't respect yall and get beat, it may be another 20 yrs before a state game.

Trust me on this, WC doesn't have a lot of passing in their stats that you can find, but they CAN do so quite well when they need to. Sinton folks can testify to that first hand.

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 08:18 AM

You have got too be kidding. If it wasnt for Days 3 mistakes.

Dude, its a group effort. CH's defensive line stayed right on assignment with staying in gap to stop Days runs, then go get him. Read the below article. Our coach said it himself. Was it Days fault that our nose guard tackled him and strip the ball 5yrds behind the line of scrimmage. I would be pointing some fingers at the offensive line. They could not open any holes for him or the RB. Could it be when Lee had the interception that Day was heavily pressured and he undersestimated the speed of our defense. Could the offensive line have given him a little more time.
Could it have been the recievers needed to stay focused and try to get open for him.

Sounds like you are blaming the 3 turnovers on Day which is classless.

Why not blame the defense. Could it have been if they stopped CH from driving and scoring, NV would have been in the game. The kickoff team should get alot of credit. Our first two or three kickoffs were returned well and had CH's defense on their heels.

7 points of your 13 came against our 2nd string defense which was only time yall could move the ball.

If we lose to WC, you will never catch me on here blaming one person. Its a team effort.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20101127/SPORTS05/11270324/-1/sports05

Dub-C
12-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Was not at the Navasota-TCH game however WC is a very talented team with speed and good size, TCH will need another mistake free game to beat WC. Still think with TCH beating Navasota that TCH wins this game.

Cam Jones= Mick Vick Cam was the real deal , WC -QB reminded me of the Sweeny QB from last year.

Just because one team beat anoother team doesn't mean anything at all. BTW for some reason Dave Campbell's has #9 up for GRIDIRON LEGENDS HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK. So everyone that supports him and knows that he is the "REAL DEAL" go vote for him. It's Mike Vick, #9 does play that type of game but I guess the whole Mike Vick and Dawg thing shot right over your head. Don't down play a kid that scored 4 td's and had 242 yrds rushing in the Regional Finals against any Team as not impressive. And WC won again Btw.

Dub-C
12-01-2010, 08:29 AM

Dude, its a group effort. CH's defensive line stayed right on assignment with staying in gap to stop Days runs, then go get him. Read the below article. Our coach said it himself. Was it Days fault that our nose guard tackled him and strip the ball 5yrds behind the line of scrimmage. I would be pointing some fingers at the offensive line. They could not open any holes for him or the RB. Could it be when Lee had the interception that Day was heavily pressured and he undersestimated the speed of our defense. Could the offensive line have given him a little more time.
Could it have been the recievers needed to stay focused and try to get open for him.

Why not blame the defense. Could it have been if they stopped CH from driving and scoring, NV would have been in the game. The kickoff team should get alot of credit. Our first two or three kickoffs were returned well and had CH's defense on their heels.

7 points of your 13 came against our 2nd string defense which was only time yall could move the ball.

If we lose to WC, you will never catch me on here blaming one person. Its a team effort.

I'm with you on this Chillfan. What's this guy talking about???

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Just because one team beat anoother team doesn't mean anything at all. BTW for some reason Dave Campbell's has #9 up for GRIDIRON LEGENDS HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK. So everyone that supports him and knows that he is the "REAL DEAL" go vote for him. It's Mike Vick, #9 does play that type of game but I guess the whole Mike Vick and Dawg thing shot right over your head. Don't down play a kid that scored 4 td's and had 242 yrds rushing in the Regional Finals against any Team as not impressive. And WC won again Btw.

If CHill can not slow him down, it will be a long night.

Lucky2Coach
12-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I've heard the CHill Nose is a straight running beast. Is he a DI type kid, or just a really good HS player with a motor?

pirate4state
12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Trust me on this, WC doesn't have a lot of passing in their stats that you can find, but they CAN do so quite well when they need to. Sinton folks can testify to that first hand. We don't count. We are in the slow lane. :D

GO NECKS GO!

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
I've heard the CHill Nose is a straight running beast. Is he a DI type kid, or just a really good HS player with a motor?

This is his first year at CHill. Yes, his college future is lookin good. Several scouts watching him against NV. He is a good combination for size, strength, and speed. He can move pretty good for big kid. We are excited to have him another year. He is only a jr along with #53 (moorehead).

Note: He can dance pretty good too. Watch the video in the news article. lol

pirate4state
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I've heard the CHill Nose is a straight running beast. Is he a DI type kid, or just a really good HS player with a motor? Is that the guy that lines up across from/off the center? :thinking: If so, that dude is HUGE and looks like one of the NFL big guys that always has me asking...how come that fat guy can move so fast? :D :eek: :D

hookandladder
12-01-2010, 09:10 AM

(Mick) brain fart, was not knocking your QB just saying he reminds me of the Sweeny QB not Mike Vick. Cam Jones from Edna last year looked and played just like Mike Vick, also was a lefty. Teams with common opponents can be used as a measuring stick, does not determine who will win but does come into play. Guess the whole Mike Vick and Dawg thing did shoot right over my head, was looking at it a different way just like you thought I was knocking your QB. Which is not the case, Good Luck to both teams.

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Is that the guy that lines up across from/off the center? :thinking: If so, that dude is HUGE and looks like one of the NFL big guys that always has me asking...how come that fat guy can move so fast? :D :eek: :D

Thats him Pirate. Very good kid too...

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Is that the guy that lines up across from/off the center? :thinking: If so, that dude is HUGE and looks like one of the NFL big guys that always has me asking...how come that fat guy can move so fast? :D :eek: :D

They say he is just nasty on the field. Nose running, slobbering, growling. One person said, I wouldnt even want to touch him with all the bodily fluids on him.

He is very good at wrapping up a runner and stripping the ball. Its looks like if the ball doesnt come out, hes gonna rip someones arm off. He done it once in one of the above highlight videos against Hallsville.

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 11:14 AM

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/2012-DT-Sir-Calvin-Wallace-video-112180/1

SintonPirateFan
12-01-2010, 11:56 AM
GO NECKS

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
So based on all this discussion. #9 is the big threat. Anyone else?? What about the RB? He hasnt been mentioned much. I have heard about a really good defensive end.

Roughneck_Dad
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
So based on all this discussion. #9 is the big threat. Anyone else?? What about the RB? He hasnt been mentioned much. I have heard about a really good defensive end. You can pretty much consider if they are on the field they are a threat. We have play makers all over the field on this team.:D

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
You can pretty much consider if they are on the field they are a threat. We have play makers all over the field on this team.:D

I understand:thumbsup:

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I understand:thumbsup:

How did WC have a loss to a 2-8 4a team?

Roughneck_Dad
12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
How did WC have a loss to a 2-8 4a team? :thinking: If it is Brazosport you are talking about, it was the first game of the season. We had a lot of players that never played on Friday night much less playing with the Lettermen. Lots of growing pains that night. In talking to B Port now they say that it was a fluke and would not even think about playing us now.:devil:

Rattler06
12-01-2010, 03:41 PM

Your right it is a team effort, the qb position is the toughest job on the field but you know you can have a good O line but if your qb doesn't make the right decisions its on him not the line that did their job I'm not being classless by blaming just day because besides his 3 turnovers the recievers wernt catching if you want me to point out evrything I can but down here in navasota we are about football and when someones not playing well we lettem know. By the way good luck Friday not that you need it lol atleast we can say unfortuantley we've lost to the state champ the past 3 out of 4 times and the only other time was a runner up. In the same round:doh:

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Hotel Room is booked. I cant wait.

Come on Friday...Go Bulldogs!!!

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Your right it is a team effort, the qb position is the toughest job on the field but you know you can have a good O line but if your qb doesn't make the right decisions its on him not the line that did their job I'm not being classless by blaming just day because besides his 3 turnovers the recievers wernt catching if you want me to point out evrything I can but down here in navasota we are about football and when someones not playing well we lettem know. By the way good luck Friday not that you need it lol atleast we can say unfortuantley we've lost to the state champ the past 3 out of 4 times and the only other time was a runner up. In the same round:doh:

Thanks Rattler for the good luck.

Were gonna need it.

Rattler06
12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks Rattler for the good luck.

Were gonna need it.

Is there an online link to listen to the game?

Roughneck_Dad
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Is there an online link to listen to the game? Should be thepressboxsports.com

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Is there an online link to listen to the game?

You can listen to the game on KTBB 600am 92.1 fm from the Tyler area. I would assume they would have it streaming on the web (ktbb.com) as well for folks out of the listening area. The covered the CHill and NV game.

Dub-C
12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
So based on all this discussion. #9 is the big threat. Anyone else?? What about the RB? He hasnt been mentioned much. I have heard about a really good defensive end.

Now that you asked #31 is a beast on the Dline. He has scored 2 defensive tds in the playoffs, has had some sacks, scored a td on offense but CH has all the defense ya know, Oh yeah watch out for #33, #44, #70, #52, #66, Oh and I almost forgot to mention #53. I heard CH'S OLINE is not all that physical? just asking.

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
How did WC have a loss to a 2-8 4a team? good question. Week 0, growing pains and -3 I think in turnovers. Wc lost despite severely outgaining brazosport.

But don't you worry, that wc team is long gone.;)

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Now that you asked #31 is a beast on the Dline. He has scored 2 defensive tds in the playoffs, has had some sacks, scored a td on offense but CH has all the defense ya know, Oh yeah watch out for #33, #44, #70, #52, #66, Oh and I almost forgot to mention #53. I heard CH'S OLINE is not all that physical? just asking.

They have held their ground against some big athletic defensive lines. They do a good job and never stop blocking. I have only felt the oline needed to block better a couple of times.

When CH runs (or should i say walk lol) on the field, I know opponents are thinking, man we got this. I know against Carthage, Hallsville, Lindale, Especially Athens we look small and I'm sure we are quickly judged. Athens offensive line looks like a college line. Unbelievable size.

I naturally judge a team when their warming up just by their size and especially size that looks athletic. Just cant help it. I have thought in my mind several times this year, my goodness were fixing to get donkey stomped. The dogs tear um up.

Some of the these kids look like your normal sit on the sideline type of players physically. But what they lack in build they gain in heart. They have a nose for the football and swarm like bee's. The offensive line is non stop till the whistle blows. The RB's act like they dont care if somebody is in front of them. Lee the RB and LB looks like any old 180 lber but he is the most aggressive kid I have ever seen play high school football pound for pound. I have been following the dogs for 20 some odd years.

I'm getting pumped just talkin about these boys.

I watch some practice yesterday evening and these boys are going at it like they are in the middle of a game. A very intense practice with thoughts of injuries put to the side. We have had coaches that didnt want some of the key players getting hit during practice. Coach Sitton is all out and you can tell it by the way these boys play.

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 06:12 PM
They have held their ground against some big athletic defensive lines. They do a good job and never stop blocking. I have only felt the oline needed to block better a couple of times.

When CH runs (or should i say walk lol) on the field, I know opponents are thinking, man we got this. I know against Carthage, Hallsville, Lindale, Especially Athens we look small and I'm sure we are quickly judged. Athens offensive line looks like a college line. Unbelievable size.

I naturally judge a team when their warming up just by their size and especially size that looks athletic. Just cant help it. I have thought in my mind several times this year, my goodness were fixing to get donkey stomped. The dogs tear um up.

Some of the these kids look like your normal sit on the sideline type of players physically. But what they lack in build they gain in heart. They have a nose for the football and swarm like bee's. The offensive line is non stop till the whistle blows. The RB's act like they dont care if somebody is in front of them. Lee the RB and LB looks like any old 180 lber but he is the most aggressive kid I have ever seen play high school football pound for pound. I have been following the dogs for 20 some odd years.

I'm getting pumped just talkin about these boys.

I watch some practice yesterday evening and these boys are going at it like they are in the middle of a game. A very intense practice with thoughts of injuries put to the side. We have had coaches that didnt want some of the key players getting hit during practice. Coach Sitton is all out and you can tell it by the way these boys play.

I'm not being cocky or underestimating the Roughnecks. We respect WC and we know yall are a great team.

I have just had the best time watching these boys this year. They are special.

sinton66
12-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Just saw on another thread:
Harris Rating....(12-1) Chapel Hill (24) vs. West Columbia (12-1)

icu812
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I would be shocked if CHill doesn't win this one. Gotta pull for our old distict foe to win state this year. They have had alot of talent recently but I'm glad to see the coaches over there putting it all together and getting most out of it. Good luck CH!

Chillfan
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Thank ya neighbor.....

RoughNeck2011
12-01-2010, 08:56 PM

NUFF SAID

:fnypost: :fnypost: :iagree:

carter08
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Roughnecks win this game. Mark it down right now.

neck_06
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Harris Rating....(12-1) Chapel Hill (24) vs. West Columbia (12-1)

I saw that too...pretty sure this one isn't gonna be won by 24.....I've got the Necks by 3.

Necks_WC
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Should be a game for 4 qtrs...Necks jump out early though.

'Necks 2013-14
12-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Harris Rating....(12-1) Chapel Hill (24) vs. West Columbia (12-1) Just wondering if anyone knows just how accurate Harris has been this season....just a thought.:thinking:

'Necks 2013-14
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I would be shocked if CHill doesn't win this one. Gotta pull for our old distict foe to win state this year. They have had alot of talent recently but I'm glad to see the coaches over there putting it all together and getting most out of it. Good luck CH! Hopefully a full plate of shock & awe will be handed out by the 'Necks at the Berry Center!!!:devil:

sinton66
12-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows just how accurate Harris has been this season....just a thought.:thinking:

LOL, I've never invested much faith in their picks. In my experience, they tend to favor teams up north whether it makes any real sense or not. Bottom line is it's just an opinion and we all know what that is worth.

Chillfan
12-02-2010, 08:42 AM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20101202/SPORTS05/12020310

Go Bulldogs!!!!

Lucky2Coach
12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I watched Chapel Hill vs. Madisonville yesterday. Very impressed with CHill's defensive speed. The RB/LB #2, I believe, is a really good player, but they spell him on offense and the drop is pretty significant to the next back. Offensively, their best play is the power out of a few different looks. I think Pancho and the high priced OC will have something for them.

Necks 28-21

Chillfan
12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
I watched Chapel Hill vs. Madisonville yesterday. Very impressed with CHill's defensive speed. The RB/LB #2, I believe, is a really good player, but they spell him on offense and the drop is pretty significant to the next back. Offensively, their best play is the power out of a few different looks. I think Pancho and the high priced OC will have something for them.

Necks 28-21

I agree. There is a drop from Lee to Tucker/Rollins. Lee is a good combo of speed, quickness, and toughness. He breaks alot of arm tackles. Tucker and Rollins are just as fast down the stretch, just not as quick as far as cutting and finding the holes. All three can drag a pile with them.

Good luck to both teams. Its a tough situation because someone has to start chasing the round ball.

Gonna be a war that could go either way. I truly believe if Chills defense can shut down #9 like they did Day, they will have the edge.

sinton legacy77
12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
:thinking: As far as going through them we have #33, #66, #70 & #53 doubleought buckshot. For going around we have #5, #52, #25 tripleought buckshot for that. And for catching them we have #5, #7, #6, #3, & #11 cal. for them. Big guns with plenty in reserve!!!!!:stirpot:

Well seeing that I did play against these guys they are physical but every team is beatable. Sinton definetly gave WC the best game they've had yet. It was back and forth, all they did was capitalize on Sinton's mistakes. WC didnt beat the Sinton Pirates the Sinton Pirates beat themselves. I mean Sinton had mistakes in that game and still hung in there. Could you imagine if they didnt have any????? Wooooo the whole game turns.

Now to Dad. I played against these guys. 66 all he does on defense is go for your legs. I mean come on really if your gonna play D freakin hit someone in the mouth. I put that dude on the ground. I went against 53 whenever i was on D and held him up. I mean I hadnt played D since the second game of the season and did good against a very physical lineman. They're good but every team is beatable.

Goodluck to both teams in the match up. Now to TCH GATA if you go out and pound and hit them in the mouth you will come out on top.

Lucky2Coach
12-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sinton legacy77
Well seeing that I did play against these guys they are physical but every team is beatable. Sinton definetly gave WC the best game they've had yet. It was back and forth, all they did was capitalize on Sinton's mistakes. WC didnt beat the Sinton Pirates the Sinton Pirates beat themselves. I mean Sinton had mistakes in that game and still hung in there. Could you imagine if they didnt have any????? Wooooo the whole game turns.

Now to Dad. I played against these guys. 66 all he does on defense is go for your legs. I mean come on really if your gonna play D freakin hit someone in the mouth. I put that dude on the ground. I went against 53 whenever i was on D and held him up. I mean I hadnt played D since the second game of the season and did good against a very physical lineman. They're good but every team is beatable.

Goodluck to both teams in the match up. Now to TCH GATA if you go out and pound and hit them in the mouth you will come out on top.

I think WC probably forced you guys into those mistakes. Those grapes sure are sour from where you stand.

Chillfan
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM

OUCH

How big a boy are ya?? How are these guys going to contain a 6'3" 300lb slobbering nose guard that is QB hungry?

pirate4state
12-02-2010, 10:42 AM

:dispntd: :dispntd: :thmbdwn:

You really should know better....

baseballcoach13
12-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok, There are lots of things in that post that are amusing..but since 99.99% of the Sinton folks have shown nothing but class, I will just let it ride.

Oh, and thanks for more bulletin board material.

Chillfan
12-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh, and thanks for more bulletin board material.

I wouldnt advise any player to comment on any public board. This can come back to bite ya. :eek:

sinton legacy77
12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
I think WC probably forced you guys into those mistakes. Those grapes sure are sour from where you stand.

Good luck to both teams.

sinton legacy77
12-02-2010, 11:25 AM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :thmbdwn:

You really should know better....

I'm not talkin stuff I said good luck to both teams.

sinton legacy77
12-02-2010, 11:38 AM
:thinking: As far as going through them we have #33, #66, #70 & #53 doubleought buckshot. For going around we have #5, #52, #25 tripleought buckshot for that. And for catching them we have #5, #7, #6, #3, & #11 cal. for them. Big guns with plenty in reserve!!!!!:stirpot:

But 33 is quick and a very good athlete. Big part of the d.b

sinton legacy77
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
But 33 is quick and a very good athlete. Big part of the d.b

The b is a typo.

Necks_WC
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I agree - no reason to pile on this guy since Sinton, TX is nothing but CLASS.

It does sound a bit like sour grapes...leading 20-0 isn't just "beating yourselves." Either way, WC moved on and the Pirates are on the hard court.

Hope tomorrow is a great game and I also hope Sinton & WC meet up next yr. That will mean great seasons for both squads.

2010 ST CHAMPS
12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Sinton had a really good team. No doubt they would have went deep in the playoffs. What you need to realize is WC has done whatever it takes to win. We have got up early and played control football to win. It will be a different story Friday night. The best team will walk out victorious and that will be WC. Harris polls mean nothing, that's why they play the games. c-hill enjoy your slow walk onto the field it will be the last for your seniors.

baseballcoach13
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM
wow, nice screen name....you know nothing of the goocher evidently.

Chillfan
12-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 2010 ST CHAMPS
Sinton had a really good team. No doubt they would have went deep in the playoffs. What you need to realize is WC has done whatever it takes to win. We have got up early and played control football to win. It will be a different story Friday night. The best team will walk out victorious and that will be WC. Harris polls mean nothing, that's why they play the games. c-hill enjoy your slow walk onto the field it will be the last for your seniors.

Nice screen name. You do realize there is a good chance you will have to change it come Friday night. You will not be back anyway.

I think you should enjoy their slow walk while you can. After the slow walk, its liable to be a fast pace to a donkey stomping. I dont know. We'll find out soon.

Chillfan
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm still asking myself why somebody would ask how we got beat by a 9-3 4a team when WC loses to a 2-8 4a team.:thinking:

Dont be mad at us!!!!!!

baseballcoach13
12-02-2010, 12:10 PM
It's because WC is just a mediocre football team. I mean, they are 24 pt underdogs to yall. I'll be surprised if the kids even load the buses tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I think yall were picked to beat Navasota buy two scores or so and yall beat them by close to 30 right?

2010 ST CHAMPS
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chillfan
[B]I'm still asking myself why somebody would ask how we got beat by a 9-3 4a team when WC loses to a 2-8 4a team.:thinking:

Don't focus on that Grasshopper! You lost to a very good team. And you will see a Very good team come Friday night. That will be bringing the "Pain Train". Hang on to your hat, it will be a long night. No doubt about it.

sinton legacy77
12-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree - no reason to pile on this guy since Sinton, TX is nothing but CLASS.

It does sound a bit like sour grapes...leading 20-0 isn't just "beating yourselves." Either way, WC moved on and the Pirates are on the hard court.

Hope tomorrow is a great game and I also hope Sinton & WC meet up next yr. That will mean great seasons for both squads.

that would be a good match up.

NECKS_17
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
wow, nice screen name....you know nothing of the goocher evidently.
he could have atleast gone with the reverse goocher:doh:

baseballcoach13
12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by NECKS_17
he could have atleast gone with the reverse goocher:doh:

No kidding...some people just don't understand the rules of the goocher...I had to negate his goocher with my next post though. The goocher gods and I have an agreement.

NECKS_17
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm just glad the dub's thread is worth reading this week. The Sinton thread is kinda hard to top though.

Roughneck_Dad
12-02-2010, 12:43 PM

Goodluck to both teams in the match up. Now to TCH GATA if you go out and pound and hit them in the mouth you will come out on top. :blahblah: :mad:Boy, if you only knew the real story on those two. You must have been the one using the brace to pull him down because you could not beat him. :tisk: :thmbdwn: Sure you may have got him once or twice but after seeing the film, those two guys gave as well as they got. It is a shame that you can't accept that you and your team got beat!. End of Story!! But you are only a very small part of what is a Great school and town with a lot of class. Someone please take some tissues to sinton legacy77 at the school. Sounds like he still has some unresolved issues. :D

NECKS_17
12-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Unless the almighty brownwood is playing..their post count is rediculous

baseballcoach13
12-02-2010, 12:44 PM
True, but CHILLFAN is going to have callouses on his fingers by Friday night.

At least the Sinton folks came out and swarmed us. Maybe all the CHill fans are busy on Smoaky.com...that or dial up takes way too long to get on here.