PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville Posters

91 lion
11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
What happened on Friday? I would like to hear your take on the game and if you feel Coldsprings has what it takes to make a serious run.

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Don't disturb them. They are still busy gameplanning for beating Brownwood. Yawn....

91 lion
11-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Don't disturb them. They are still busy gameplanning for beating Brownwood. Yawn....

Where are they? This thread will probably die soon :thinking:

Rocket
11-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Where are they? This thread will probably die soon :thinking:

I won't let it...

Bosqueville
11-27-2010, 09:17 PM
They probably didn't have enough speed!

91 lion
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
They probably didn't have enough speed!

I just wonder if having 20-25 players finally caught up with them, or if it was the predictable gameplan...or if now they feel that 3a is tougher that 2a.

I really just want to hear their take. :thinking:

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
They are 1-dimensional for the most part. You play a good team that stops the run, go air up the basketballs. I knew they would be in trouble after la vega game

trojandad
11-27-2010, 09:32 PM
i don't know why they didn't throw to cucanich 25 times, the guy dropped a few but averaged 50+ yards a catch.....i woulda ridden that horse till he fell over......ford only ran for 60 so i woulda taken what was given me......

91 lion
11-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i don't know why they didn't throw to cucanich 25 times, the guy dropped a few but averaged 50+ yards a catch.....i woulda ridden that horse till he fell over......ford only ran for 60 so i woulda taken what was given me......

well, since Kirbyville won't speak up....Trojan, what is your assessment of them, and how do you feel that you guys will fare the rest of the way......BTW congrats on the win!! Its extremely commendable to win in the 3rd round, but to come back and beat a team that beat you earlier in the year deserves major props!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

trojandad
11-27-2010, 09:57 PM
well, since Kirbyville won't speak up....Trojan, what is your assessment of them, and how do you feel that you guys will fare the rest of the way......BTW congrats on the win!! Its extremely commendable to win in the 3rd round, but to come back and beat a team that beat you earlier in the year deserves major props!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

much thanks....k'ville was a MUCH better team in the air than the first game, even though they had the same points against us as the first time, they had 150+ more yards than the first time....we just had darn near 500 yards rushing, BIG difference from the first time....

i just feel they gave up on the pass too soon, they exposed our secondary a bit, though only the cucanich guy was doing the majority of the damage, he's great.....its almost like (and i say this with respect) that alvarez wanted to prove to his old assistant coach (barbay) that he could and would run on him....this time he didnt, and even got run on himself.....

i honestly think if we played them 10 times we'd each win 5....we didn't start this game like we did against columbus or things woulda been worse....

if we keep the running game going its sure gonna take pressure off a young qb to have to win the game....as for our chances to go further, we've only been 11-1 on 3 other occasions, in 92 we made it to the final game and lost to the first of those southlake carroll teams, in 93 we lost to columbus in the third round, and 96 when we lost to sealy in the semis during their 5 year streak....i wish we had more competition in our district to get ready for later play but i know anyone that plays us is probably gonna get scored on.....our run defense is sound, our defensive backfield is gonna be the key......

WOS87
11-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Good luck to the Trojans! :cool: :) :D

Inmateboss
11-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I won't let it...

:2thumbsup

91 lion
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
much thanks....k'ville was a MUCH better team in the air than the first game, even though they had the same points against us as the first time, they had 150+ more yards than the first time....we just had darn near 500 yards rushing, BIG difference from the first time....

i just feel they gave up on the pass too soon, they exposed our secondary a bit, though only the cucanich guy was doing the majority of the damage, he's great.....its almost like (and i say this with respect) that alvarez wanted to prove to his old assistant coach (barbay) that he could and would run on him....this time he didnt, and even got run on himself.....

i honestly think if we played them 10 times we'd each win 5....we didn't start this game like we did against columbus or things woulda been worse....

if we keep the running game going its sure gonna take pressure off a young qb to have to win the game....as for our chances to go further, we've only been 11-1 on 3 other occasions, in 92 we made it to the final game and lost to the first of those southlake carroll teams, in 93 we lost to columbus in the third round, and 96 when we lost to sealy in the semis during their 5 year streak....i wish we had more competition in our district to get ready for later play but i know anyone that plays us is probably gonna get scored on.....our run defense is sound, our defensive backfield is gonna be the key......

Cool stuff Trojan!! Thanks for the synopsis....Greatly Appreciated!

Good luck this week.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Did we have a few Kirbyville posters on here? The only one that comes to mind with me is that Ryker dude.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did we have a few Kirbyville posters on here? The only one that comes to mind with me is that Ryker dude.
Him and KVILLE_GRAD

91 lion
11-27-2010, 10:07 PM

There is one named Kville....I think?...and a few others that were on their bandwagon.....they know who they are...:thinking:

trojandad
11-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Him and KVILLE_GRAD

kgrad has been on other sites giving coldspring their props, and he said earlier he'd come here and do the same, i just haven't seen him.....:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
kgrad has been on other sites giving coldspring their props, and he said earlier he'd come here and do the same, i just haven't seen him.....:thinking:
If I were a betting person, I'd say this thread was started to rub the loss in their faces because they were very supportive of their team. :rolleyes:

My money is on :08 if Brownwood loses this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 10:34 PM
There is one named Kville....I think?...and a few others that were on their bandwagon.....they know who they are...:thinking: O_ _ C_ _ _?

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 10:35 PM
If I were a betting person, I'd say this thread was started to rub the loss in their faces because they were very supportive of their team. :rolleyes:

:eek: NO!!! :eek:

Rocket
11-27-2010, 10:36 PM
OHHH KIRBYVILLE.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFpRTgCxpw)

hahaha

trojandad
11-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
O_ _ C_ _ _?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
O_ _ C_ _ _?

Ocho Cinco??

Wait...that doesn't fit!!

That was the first thing that came to mind though!!:p

91 lion

No, actually I started the thread out of genuine interest.....I really wanted to know what the insiders thought about the game. If you read my posts, they support that. Trojan gave a great reprise, and I am appreciative of that. No rubbing in on any level here....cause we all know how the tables can turn quickly.

The only question I have now is why are they so quiet?

Rocket

And the same thing will be done to Brownwood posters if Brownwood loses...right? No mercy. That is the nature of the beast that is the 3A Downlow...

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 10:38 PM

hahaha

Okay....that made me laugh!!

trojandad
11-27-2010, 10:38 PM

hahaha

thats your best one yet.....:clap:

Rocket
11-27-2010, 10:39 PM
I am rolling... I keep watching it. haha

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Can you blame us? Brownwood fans never mentioned kirbyville until they started the "we could beat Brownwood" talk. I would have loved playing them. That would mean it was December 17th at Cowboy Stadium and we are playing for #8. This won't be the last we hear from KVille. They will be back no doubt

Rocket
11-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Can you blame us? Brownwood fans never mentioned kirbyville until they started the "we could beat Brownwood" talk. I would have loved playing them. That would mean it was December 17th at Cowboy Stadium and we are playing for #8. This won't be the last we hear from KVille. They will be back no doubt

Come on, TC. Everybody knows us Brownwood fans are the worst. All we do is talk smack and are arrogant. It couldn't be that we are proud of our team or anything like that. Especially when other teams show up calling Brownwood a big joke and nothing but hype.:rolleyes:

trojandad
11-27-2010, 10:45 PM

if we had a cucinich (i know i'm spelling that wrong), i'd throw him the ball 20 times a game and beat most anyone....that guy is the real deal......

problem for k'ville was gilbert might be first team all state rb when this is all over with.....missed the first part of the season but has been murdering people....and cummings is the best compliment to gilbert's speed, a hard running back up the middle with over 2,000 yds so far, and even he didn't start the season...

Inmateboss
11-27-2010, 10:49 PM

hahaha

LMAO, that is good. Yet subtle :D

griff
11-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Between this site and the one covering s e t x, I sensed a few Kirbyville fans were overconfident. After beating WO-S for the first time ever, and their preseason win against Coldspring, at least some of the Kirbyville posters seemed to take for granted their chances of advancing. I'm not surprised one bit that Coldspring beat them, and that's not meant as a slap against Kirbyville, but more of a compliment for CS. For those of you in other parts of the state who are not familiar with CS, think Carthage. CS is a big, physical team that will run over you, just like Carthage does. They were missing a starting tailback in the first matchup with Kirbyville. He played this time and had a strong performance. Also, their defense has improved since hiring Coach Morrison (formerly at Orangefield). They surprised a lot of people last year by going three rounds deep. Most football fans outside of CS didn't know how good CS was or could be until they made that run last year. Well, except for losing their QB from last season, they have most of the team back. They are legit and playing with a lot of confidence.

As for Kirbyville, this is the best team they've fielded at least in the last five years (but CS was still just a little bit better). Also, Kirbyville has never been good at slowing down a decent passing game, so by that fact alone I think Brownwood would have taken them.

Keep your eye on Coldspring.

91 lion
11-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by griff
Between this site and the one covering s e t x, I sensed a few Kirbyville fans were overconfident. After beating WO-S for the first time ever, and their preseason win against Coldspring, at least some of the Kirbyville posters seemed to take for granted their chances of advancing. I'm not surprised one bit that Coldspring beat them, and that's not meant as a slap against Kirbyville, but more of a compliment for CS. For those of you in other parts of the state who are not familiar with CS, think Carthage. CS is a big, physical team that will run over you, just like Carthage does. They were missing a starting tailback in the first matchup with Kirbyville. He played this time and had a strong performance. Also, their defense has improved since hiring Coach Morrison (formerly at Orangefield). They surprised a lot of people last year by going three rounds deep. Most football fans outside of CS didn't know how good CS was or could be until they made that run last year. Well, except for losing their QB from last season, they have most of the team back. They are legit and playing with a lot of confidence.

As for Kirbyville, this is the best team they've fielded at least in the last five years (but CS was still just a little bit better). Also, Kirbyville has never been good at slowing down a decent passing game, so by that fact alone I think Brownwood would have taken them.

Good post!!

trojandad
11-28-2010, 12:30 PM

good post....sounds better coming from someone else than from me.....

and btw, the qb that we graduated last year was at the game, as he is starting as a true freshman for lamar.....:clap: :clap:

91 lion
11-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Still no Kirbyville Posters :confused:

BullsFan
11-29-2010, 12:00 AM

It wasn't just "we can beat Brownwood". It was all about how weak Region I was, how East Texas is the only place with speed, what a weak schedule Brownwood has and how they'd only beaten cupcake teams. As a fan of one of those "cupcake" teams, I'd kind of like to see some of those Kville people back around here too.

j_dog
11-29-2010, 12:32 AM

good post! good points. and good luck to Coldspring. I knew they had some strong players there.

91 lion
11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
It wasn't just "we can beat Brownwood". It was all about how weak Region I was, how East Texas is the only place with speed, what a weak schedule Brownwood has and how they'd only beaten cupcake teams. As a fan of one of those "cupcake" teams, I'd kind of like to see some of those Kville people back around here too.

True! It slipped my mind that they were in one of the front seats of that "Region 1 Sucks" Bus :thinking:

Not trying to slight anyone....just my opinion. District 16 is most likely the strongest district in 3a......but District 18 is definitely one of the weakest.

Can anyone are that?

sinton66
11-29-2010, 09:57 AM
And the same thing will be done to Brownwood posters if Brownwood loses...right? No mercy. That is the nature of the beast that is the 3A Downlow...

You are WAYYYYYYYYY off if that's what you think 3ADL is about.

Rocket
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You are WAYYYYYYYYY off if that's what you think 3ADL is about.

Make sure you remember that if Brownwood loses...

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 12:04 PM

Only because of your antics..Which BTW are fun to read, but that is why so many want Bwood to lose, as you know when you chest thump be prepared to take the crow when it is your ass getting thumped instead

Rocket
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Only because of your antics..Which BTW are fun to read, but that is why so many want Bwood to lose, as you know when you chest thump be prepared to take the crow when it is your ass getting thumped instead

And this is my point exactly...Kirbyville talked the smack and chest thumped. Now it's time to eat some crow...I took it in 2008. I will take it again if need be...

KVILLE_GRAD
11-29-2010, 03:10 PM
its been thanksgiving break. parents dont even have internet down there in kirbyville:) :)

about the game, i dont see it as overlooking or underestimating coldspring by any means.. i never once said it wouldnt be a hard fought game.. i just thought kirbyville would be putting up the bigger fight. kirbyville had a touchdown drive saving interception that they dropped. easiest they would have had all year. #88 from coldspring also had a dropped td pass in the endzone. #1 from cs was the best player on the field that night hands down. he played just as good as advertised. both teams i would say didnt live up to as good as they "should of played". kirbyville did drop a 20-8 lead to surrender a 27-20 loss. dont forget that.

with that said, kirbyville at the end of the night didnt deserve the win in my opinion. prolly should of been a little worse loss. nothing was clicking offensively for kirbyville with the exception of the first two kv possessions both being scores on one play each (like 120 yds combined in just two plays). . . at the end of the game u see the kirbyville offense almost fighting eachother. what it comes down to, is needing a big game and not getting it. it was one good offensive drive away from a tied up game though. it wasnt dramatic either way.

cs last possession there was 3-4 min left on the clock and from dUMB personal foul penalties AND just not stopping cs put kirbyville without even an attempt at a last drive.

coach barbay is a great coach and this is an awesome win for him and the coldspring program. i would like to see them advance to the title game.

Rocket
11-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
its been thanksgiving break. parents dont even have internet down there in kirbyville:) :)

about the game, i dont see it as overlooking or underestimating coldspring by any means.. i never once said it wouldnt be a hard fought game.. i just thought kirbyville would be putting up the bigger fight. kirbyville had a touchdown drive saving interception that they dropped. easiest they would have had all year. #88 from coldspring also had a dropped td pass in the endzone. #1 from cs was the best player on the field that night hands down. he played just as good as advertised. both teams i would say didnt live up to as good as they "should of played". kirbyville did drop a 20-8 lead to surrender a 27-20 loss. dont forget that.

with that said, kirbyville at the end of the night didnt deserve the win in my opinion. prolly should of been a little worse loss. nothing was clicking offensively for kirbyville with the exception of the first two kv possessions both being scores on one play each (like 120 yds combined in just two plays). . . at the end of the game u see the kirbyville offense almost fighting eachother. what it comes down to, is needing a big game and not getting it. it was one good offensive drive away from a tied up game though. it wasnt dramatic either way.

cs last possession there was 3-4 min left on the clock and from dUMB personal foul penalties AND just not stopping cs put kirbyville without even an attempt at a last drive.

coach barbay is a great coach and this is an awesome win for him and the coldspring program. i would like to see them advance to the title game.

Great season for you guys...def something to build on for next season.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-29-2010, 03:13 PM
but as for the post that this was the best kirbyville team in the last 5-6 years??
no.

go back every year from 05 through 09 and i promise u hardly any of the kids now would start on those teams.. we can go position for position and only a couple would be fitting in to playing. they played great with far less talent than those years but not the best players by any means.

sinton66
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM

When one hangs his arse out as far as you have so far this year (your "RIP" threads for instance), what else should one expect? Response to THAT in itself does NOT define what 3A Downlow is about. Maybe someday you will discover what it IS about.

91 lion
11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Great Post! Classy too:thumbsup:

trojandad
11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
goodpost, kville grad.....i nominated cucancic for player of the week.....i guarantee that guy could play for any team in the state.....thanks for the good words.......

lostaussie
11-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I had KV picked to win it all...........great season:clap::clap:

Rocket
11-29-2010, 08:32 PM
When one hangs his arse out as far as you have so far this year (your "RIP" threads for instance), what else should one expect? Response to THAT in itself does NOT define what 3A Downlow is about. Maybe someday you will discover what it IS about.

Nothing new. Right? I think this site is about different things to different people. We all don't see it like you do. And I know most won't ever see it like me and in the light that I post it in and that is fine. Some see it EXACTLY like I do.

I expect it to be given just as I have given. That is the fun of it all. Wouldn't expect anything less. I think all of us like to give crow out because it usually means somebody doubted our team or the person crowed a little too loud about their own team. And people of the downlow love to feed it to people like me! So if anything, one reason people are hanging around this site is to see me get mine. And if that doesn't happen, I am gonna give it. :D

Ranger Mom
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Nothing new. Right? I think this site is about different things to different people. We all don't see it like you do. And I know most won't ever see it like me and in the light that I post it in and that is fine. Some see it EXACTLY like I do.

I expect it to be given just as I have given. That is the fun of it all. Wouldn't expect anything less. I think all of us like to give crow out because it usually means somebody doubted our team or the person crowed a little too loud about their own team. And people of the downlow love to feed it to people like me! So if anything, one reason people are hanging around this site is to see me get mine. And if that doesn't happen, I am gonna give it. :D

Your ego knows no bounds!! :dispntd:

Rocket
11-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Your ego knows no bounds!! :dispntd:

my EGO? LOL you missed the point totally..

griff
11-29-2010, 11:44 PM
but as for the post that this was the best kirbyville team in the last 5-6 years??
no.

go back every year from 05 through 09 and i promise u hardly any of the kids now would start on those teams.. we can go position for position and only a couple would be fitting in to playing. they played great with far less talent than those years but not the best players by any means.

To say "hardly any of the kids would start on those teams" is major bloviating. I've seen Kirbyville play the last five years and this was the best team they've fielded during that span. Disagree if you wish, but that is how I see it.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-30-2010, 12:09 PM
make the speculations you would like .. i know almost every kid out there.. i played with quite a few of them. i played with the rest. like i said, name a player with a position and im sure i can tell you who would start over them.

even at the running back position. pierce rhodes, and this is a general opinion from MANY ppl i have talked to in kirbyville and played with was better than ford. do you remember him ? ;) not to mention quincy cotton, byron lard, zach howard, not saying ford wouldnt play... he just wouldnt start imo. the other two backs they have now, not sure they would even see any kind of significant playing time at all.

randy musgrove, josh hughey, theres ur receivers just from the class of '09. musgrove all-state wide reciever w/ over 2000 yards his junior year. hazelwood over jones at qb any day. ryan jones, chris samuel, corey richardson, bradlee adams, michael robertson to name a few linemen.. who would start over them?

aaron breed and caleb cucancic i give the nod on defense yes and probably justin keene in the secondary too. but you have linebackers like josh tankersly, jerome tyler, i mean really.. pretty much anybody ive named played on the same team together at some point. could build a line that would blow out the one now. rb's that would have their way and hazelwood was FAST. short, but could throw the ball to musgrove all night. howard blazed across the field. marlon crawford. na, there would only be a couple players now that would play back then...

KVILLE_GRAD
11-30-2010, 12:13 PM
you can talk about how kirbyville beat wos and jasper all you want. those teams are nothing compared to what they used to be w/ jasper having the likes of sean weatherspoon, wos having franks, beasley, the competition wasnt the same and this team wouldnt be the best by any means.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-30-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.kfdm.com/sports/year-18314-bulldogs-dayton.html

this, for instance, is the 2006 "all-setx" team. look at the players on there and tell me setx is at that level now. with CHRISTIAN MICHAEL and pierce being the top two rb's.. earl thomas.. so many players that have had success at the next level. earl thomas playing in the nfl. did a HECK of a job at ut.. c'mon man .. things arent the same.. i know only time will tell but yeah..

http://www.kfdm.com/sports/yds-24411-stats-tackles.html

91 lion
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
make the speculations you would like .. i know almost every kid out there.. i played with quite a few of them. i played with the rest. like i said, name a player with a position and im sure i can tell you who would start over them.

even at the running back position. pierce rhodes, and this is a general opinion from MANY ppl i have talked to in kirbyville and played with was better than ford. do you remember him ? ;) not to mention quincy cotton, byron lard, zach howard, not saying ford wouldnt play... he just wouldnt start imo. the other two backs they have now, not sure they would even see any kind of significant playing time at all.

randy musgrove, josh hughey, theres ur receivers just from the class of '09. musgrove all-state wide reciever w/ over 2000 yards his junior year. hazelwood over jones at qb any day. ryan jones, chris samuel, corey richardson, bradlee adams, michael robertson to name a few linemen.. who would start over them?

aaron breed and caleb cucancic i give the nod on defense yes and probably justin keene in the secondary too. but you have linebackers like josh tankersly, jerome tyler, i mean really.. pretty much anybody ive named played on the same team together at some point. could build a line that would blow out the one now. rb's that would have their way and hazelwood was FAST. short, but could throw the ball to musgrove all night. howard blazed across the field. marlon crawford. na, there would only be a couple players now that would play back then...

Pretty strong argument. I, for one, don't know the players from your team, but it sounds like you clearly do.

trojandad
11-30-2010, 02:49 PM
well, you know k'ville better than me, for sure....but these claims of being inferior to the teams of the last five years would have had much more validity if they would have been included with all the good things being said BEFORE the game......

even if they're true, if they weren't mentioned before the game, its tough to legitimize the claims as being any more than giving conditions on why you guys didn't win....not fussing with you at all, in fact you seem to be the only k'ville man coming back to take his lumps and i respect you for that.....but even if i believed like you do about my team, if i had not mentioned it before, i probably would have just kept that opinion in my pocket and just gave you guys props......but thats just me......

i've seen kirbyville play twice against us in the last five years (and saw the broadcast of you guys and wos this year), and i know i've never seen a receiver on their team in those games like cucancic....

Old Cardinal
11-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats to Coldsprings on the win over Kirbyville.
Congrats to KV also, it is a major achievement to bump up from 2A and play at the level of football that you folks did.

Region III was again blessed with a host of good football teams; it is not a one or two team Region. Luck has a lot to do with it all, a hurt player here and there toward the end of the season seems to dampen any teams chances toward the end of the season.

Best of luck to all left standing

:D

KVILLE_GRAD
11-30-2010, 03:40 PM
i have.. just not on this site. nobody on here would know what or who i was talking about .. i have on s e t x s p o r t s .com and smoaky.

that is to take nothing from the cs win... that is ONLY to talk about this being the best team they have put out there. heck, i would say that the LAST year's team was better than this one. They lost several key players and only improved much with the development of kael at qb. was nice to have coach johnston be the DC, but then you could just look at how far they advanced even.

'09- 2a state game
'08- 2a state game
'07- 3a 3rd round loss
to China Spring who lost in state by 7
to Celina.
06'- 3a 2nd round loss to Sweeny
(there could be a whole discussion
on that game. lol. )
'05- 3a 3rd round loss to Cameron Yoe
'04- 3a 3rd round loss to Marlin

trojandad
11-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Congrats to Coldsprings on the win over Kirbyville.
Congrats to KV also, it is a major achievement to bump up from 2A and play at the level of football that you folks did.

Region III was again blessed with a host of good football teams; it is not a one or two team Region. Luck has a lot to do with it all, a hurt player here and there toward the end of the season seems to dampen any teams chances toward the end of the season.

Best of luck to all left standing

:D

thanks, old card, you guys putting 31 on k'ville is looking better and better....

I_DONT_CARE
11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY HAD A POINT FOR ONCE? :rolleyes:

sinton66
11-30-2010, 08:11 PM

LOL, did you ever read all of rule #3?

Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly.

91 lion
11-30-2010, 08:12 PM
well, you know k'ville better than me, for sure....but these claims of being inferior to the teams of the last five years would have had much more validity if they would have been included with all the good things being said BEFORE the game......

even if they're true, if they weren't mentioned before the game, its tough to legitimize the claims as being any more than giving conditions on why you guys didn't win....not fussing with you at all, in fact you seem to be the only k'ville man coming back to take his lumps and i respect you for that.....but even if i believed like you do about my team, if i had not mentioned it before, i probably would have just kept that opinion in my pocket and just gave you guys props......but thats just me......

i've seen kirbyville play twice against us in the last five years (and saw the broadcast of you guys and wos this year), and i know i've never seen a receiver on their team in those games like cucancic.... :1popcorn: :smoker:

Rocket
11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY HAD A POINT FOR ONCE? :rolleyes:

Not sure...

Rocket
11-30-2010, 09:32 PM
LOL, did you ever read all of rule #3?

Get you plastic gloves on and put that clothespin on your nose and weed through all my crap. You'll find plenty of intelligent and witty posts. To each his own... Don't really care. ;)

sinton66
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Get you plastic gloves on and put that clothespin on your nose and weed through all my crap. You'll find plenty of intelligent and witty posts. To each his own... Don't really care. ;)

Well, it was the second sentence I was referring to.

WOS87
12-01-2010, 04:03 AM
i have.. just not on this site. nobody on here would know what or who i was talking about

Ummm.... I most definitely would, being a former moderator on one of those aforementioned sites!

:D :cool: ;)

Rocket
12-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Well, it was the second sentence I was referring to.

Meanwhile, the Brownwood-Monahans thread skyROCKETS in views...:rolleyes: and the Carthage-Argyle thread is a big yawner...go figure...

Ranger Mom
12-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Meanwhile, the Brownwood-Monahans thread skyROCKETS in views...:rolleyes: and the Carthage-Argyle thread is a big yawner...go figure...

LOL!! There is that ego again!!!

"skyROCKETS" :doh:

Rocket
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM

"skyROCKETS" :doh:

The "vets" may be tired of me. But the Brownwood threads are always alive and going and fun. That is my point. Numbers don't lie. SO RAH RAH SISKOOMBAH!

Ranger Mom
12-01-2010, 11:29 AM
The "vets" may be tired of me. But the Brownwood threads are always alive and going and fun. That is my point. Numbers don't lie. SO RAH RAH SISKOOMBAH!

:confused: Is that kinda like "Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/AnimatedSmileys.gif

Garcia!!! I need to see a pic of
Rocket in a cheerleading uniform....
I think I finally found where he belongs on the football field!!!!!

:kiss: :kiss:

Black_Magic
12-01-2010, 11:33 AM

"skyROCKETS" :doh: Again the typical under achiever is comming out here.Dr Sigmund Freud would have a field day on this guy. Everytime you see this guy spout off you just gota keep in mind why he does it and try to understand. I know folks cant fully understand but we can try.;)

Rocket
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Again the typical under achiever is comming out here.Dr Sigmund Freud would have a field day on this guy. Everytime you see this guy spout off you just gota keep in mind why he does it and try to understand. I know folks cant fully understand but we can try.;)

And you love to follow me around like a little puppy dog. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

You got some kind of man crush on me, BM?

:devil:

91 lion
12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Back to Kirbyville.

Rocket
12-01-2010, 12:02 PM
:confused: Is that kinda like "Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/AnimatedSmileys.gif

Garcia!!! I need to see a pic of
Rocket in a cheerleading uniform....
I think I finally found where he belongs on the football field!!!!!

:kiss: :kiss:

HAHAHAHA... what's sad is that cheer was probably around in your day. :eek:

Ranger Mom
12-01-2010, 12:07 PM
HAHAHAHA... what's sad is that cheer was probably around in your day. :eek:

Way before my day.....but we didn't use it....it was too old.

trojandad
12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Ummm.... I most definitely would, being a former moderator on one of those aforementioned sites!

:D :cool: ;)

i let that one slide......lol

defense51
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Congratulations Kirbyville on an awesome season!!!

91 lion
12-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by defense51
Congratulations Kirbyville on an awesome season!!! :clap:

Black_Magic
12-01-2010, 12:30 PM
And you love to follow me around like a little puppy dog. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

You got some kind of man crush on me, BM?

:devil: Crush? You would think or hope that:rolleyes: No, I just like making fun of you.:p

Rocket
12-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Crush? You would think or hope that:rolleyes: No, I just like making fun of you.:p

You want to meet for lunch sometime? I go through your armpit town all the time.

91 lion
12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Kirbyville posters....I mentioned Butch Hadnot on the "Best players that I have seen play" thread.

I never saw him, but I heard great stories about him in HS. I was wondering if y'all could provide some insight over there on that thread.

Thanks Guys

bobcat1
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
The "vets" may be tired of me. But the Brownwood threads are always alive and going and fun. That is my point. Numbers don't lie. SO RAH RAH SISKOOMBAH! I knew it! ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I think it's more your incessant yapping (typing) than anything else. :)

Rocket
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I think it's more your incessant yapping (typing) than anything else. :)

Yup....probably so..

Lefty
12-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Sorry it took so long to show up but I am here to own up to it being a Kville fan.

Hmmmm, where do I start? I have been fortunate enough to broadcast Kville on s e t x s p o r t s for the last 3 yrs and this yr was a tough pill to swallow....being a graduate of Kville myself also.

As for the game like I've said before congrats to CS in a great win and 2nd half game plan. They executed and Kville didn't when it all boils down to it. Kville exploited CS's secondary early and I felt like if they would've stayed with it they could've won the game but it's not a game of what if's. CS's running attack hit Kville in the mouth and they couldn't recover. With their 1-2 punch of Cummings and Bryant they are one tough running team. That (rushing D) had been Kville's strength this yr and it faltered in that game. I honestly feel like the amount of time that Kville's D stayed on the field against LaVega hurt them with the offense that CS has. It just wasn't Kville's night and it happens to the best of them. I am proud of the team for making the run that they did with what they had to work with. Being a VERY small 3A I had a bad feeling that the depth issue would show it's ugly head sooner or later. I am not taking anything away from CS because Kville had a very good team but wasn't the better that night. Does CS have what it take to make a serious run? I'd say yes. This is a very well coached team even though they can really only run the ball but that is one tough running game with a very fast a physical defense.

As for the arguement of best team that Kville has had during this run I have to say it is. I've kept up with all the teams over the 11 yrs I've been out of HS and this was the best "TEAM". No they didn't have the most quality athletes of any of the teams but it is a team game and this group played very well together. The Hazelwoods, Musgrove, B Jackson, P Rhodes, etc were great athletes but behind that they were very well coached players with great technique. As for the talk about Peirce being better than Fred Ford that was mentioned. That is an asinine statement. This kid rushed for almost 6,000 yards in 3 yrs. 906 as a Soph., 2,567 as a Jr, & 2401 as a Sr with about 75-80 career TD's. Look him up om rivals and notice the schools that have offered or are interested. I've personally with my own eyes have never seen a HS kid with better footwork, speed, vision/cutting, power and ability all in one at the RB spot. There are many that say he is the best RB to come out of SETex behind Jamal Charles and Christine Michael.

Back on topic. Could Kville have won the game? Yes, but it just wasn't meant to be on that night and my congrats to CS on a good win. They've earned more respect from me than they already had and I am behind them rooting them on. I wll say this in closing. There isn't a better man and coach that I'd rather see my alma mater lose to than Coach Barbay. Very fine man that is a true apple off the old block when it comes to coaching.

trojandad
12-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Sorry it took so long to show up but I am here to own up to it being a Kville fan.

Hmmmm, where do I start? I have been fortunate enough to broadcast Kville on s e t x s p o r t s for the last 3 yrs and this yr was a tough pill to swallow....being a graduate of Kville myself also.

As for the game like I've said before congrats to CS in a great win and 2nd half game plan. They executed and Kville didn't when it all boils down to it. Kville exploited CS's secondary early and I felt like if they would've stayed with it they could've won the game but it's not a game of what if's. CS's running attack hit Kville in the mouth and they couldn't recover. With their 1-2 punch of Cummings and Bryant they are one tough running team. That (rushing D) had been Kville's strength this yr and it faltered in that game. I honestly feel like the amount of time that Kville's D stayed on the field against LaVega hurt them with the offense that CS has. It just wasn't Kville's night and it happens to the best of them. I am proud of the team for making the run that they did with what they had to work with. Being a VERY small 3A I had a bad feeling that the depth issue would show it's ugly head sooner or later. I am not taking anything away from CS because Kville had a very good team but wasn't the better that night. Does CS have what it take to make a serious run? I'd say yes. This is a very well coached team even though they can really only run the ball but that is one tough running game with a very fast a physical defense.

As for the arguement of best team that Kville has had during this run I have to say it is. I've kept up with all the teams over the 11 yrs I've been out of HS and this was the best "TEAM". No they didn't have the most quality athletes of any of the teams but it is a team game and this group played very well together. The Hazelwoods, Musgrove, B Jackson, P Rhodes, etc were great athletes but behind that they were very well coached players with great technique. As for the talk about Peirce being better than Fred Ford that was mentioned. That is an asinine statement. This kid rushed for almost 6,000 yards in 3 yrs. 906 as a Soph., 2,567 as a Jr, & 2401 as a Sr with about 75-80 career TD's. Look him up om rivals and notice the schools that have offered or are interested. I've personally with my own eyes have never seen a HS kid with better footwork, speed, vision/cutting, power and ability all in one at the RB spot. There are many that say he is the best RB to come out of SETex behind Jamal Charles and Christine Michael.

Back on topic. Could Kville have won the game? Yes, but it just wasn't meant to be on that night and my congrats to CS on a good win. They've earned more respect from me than they already had and I am behind them rooting them on. I wll say this in closing. There isn't a better man and coach that I'd rather see my alma mater lose to than Coach Barbay. Very fine man that is a true apple off the old block when it comes to coaching.

good post.....and yes, you guys could have easily taken that game with different bounces of the ball......but arent all those backs behind the tyler rose?:thinking:

Lefty
12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
The Tyler Rose is ETex...I was talking SETex backs.

KVILLE_GRAD
12-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Pierce being better was just my opinion and that of many others i know. ford is a great back no doubt. Although, ford has played more games as "THE" back than anybody else by far. while haywood and ervine carried the ball too, not near as much as ford. Pierce played against MUCH stiffer competition, senior year almost hit 2k himself, and barring academic standards would have had just as good a recruitment. pierce changed directions as good as anybody i have ever seen. pierce would run ppl over more and had an amazing stiff arm that i never saw out of ford.

also, pierce WAS sorrounded by q.cotton, b. lard, z. howard, b. jackson, b. burley, ford wasnt sharing the ball with people like that. if pierce had 16 game seasons, was THE guy for that long, and played the competition ford did, i def think he could pull the numbers when he almost hit 2k in 07.

KVILLE_GRAD
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
and again its just my opinion.. not saying ford is/isnt at the level of jamaal charles or christian michael but i dont think he is. charles played for memorial in a 4a district and was dominant.. michael for west brook in 5a. charles, in high school, had the fastest 110m hurdle time in the NATION, won big 12 titles, was DOMINANT in college and IS dominant in the NFL. time will go on to prove how good michael is and how good ford is at the next level but couldnt even compare the numbers if he doesnt go to a school like a big 12 one. sfa wouldnt do much to see how good he really is.

Lefty
12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
As you with your opinion I was stating mine also. As for the comment about Ford being behind Charles and Michael that comes from people outside of Kville thinking that highly of him. I still disagree with you and everyone else about Pierce and Fred. Fed is without a doubt the best RB to come out of Kville followed by Bubba Bean. Fred is a much better athlete and more complete back than Peirce. Pierce was good but his change of direction was his key. He wasn't near as fast or athletic as Ford. If those two were in the backfield together I'd still put Ford ahead of him when it comes to ability. I am not going to get into a pissing contest about competition but Ford did some amazing things in the playoffs the last 2 yrs and the defenses that deep aren't shabby themselves no matter the level of classification.

KVILLE_GRAD
12-02-2010, 04:19 PM
i just have to look at like the 60-7 win (i think thats what it was) game before state in 2A. and the fact that had ford played in the amount of games say pierce and bubba bean did, then he wouldnt of broke the record.

I seen the letters from usc and other schools to pierce.

trojandad
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
hey, guys, we ALL understand.....i feel so bad for our 2003 team, they made it 2 rounds deep in the playoffs with a team that might have been the best "team" coldspring ever had.....3 starting running backs and a qb each with over 1000 yds rushing (and the qb had 1000+ yds passing) in a wishbone backfield with a defense that had 3 junior linebackers that started on varsity their freshman year (one of which led shsu to their nat'l championship run in 2005)....they shut down jermichael finley at diboll each time they played us.....but our problem was internal with administation that i can't speak of.....

all these players are just SO much products of different influences of each year.....when each of those you mention move on to different environments they'll each bloom differently as well.....i'm with everyone else, you guys (like us) have really good pools of men to choose from to be such a small community.....

rykerx144
12-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Im here too. Yea a little late but better late than never. I am so glad that some of you are so concerned about what I have to say. :rolleyes:

Im not sure exactly what you wanted me to say except Kirbyville got out played. Coldspring did what it was supposed to and Kirbyville didnt.

If you was referring to me saying that Kirbyville was going to beat Brownwood then you are wrong. I said several times that it was going to be Kirbyville or Coldspring. I still stand by my prediction that Coldspring will upset Brownwood if they meet.

I would love to be able to tell you a good excuse for coming around so late but I dont have one. Well yea I do. I was very disappointed in the outcome of the game and really didnt want to hear what some of you pricks had to say.