PDA

View Full Version : Stump Godfrey.... New Mexico Football

Caldwell_Raider
11-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Stump started the game versus TCU...

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I thought it was pretty cool.

:)

Aesculus gilmus
11-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
Stump started the game versus TCU...

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I thought it was pretty cool.

:)

This is his third start, I believe. He doesn't have much of a supporting cast, though. It's 45-17 TCU halfway through the third quarter.

buckeyebob
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Stump will do good. I see he made 2 TD's...short yardage so he must have done the Stump Shuffle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Glad Gilmer didn't have this guy yesterday! Watched him play last year. Pretty impressive athlete!

poisoned10
11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Stump will do good. I see he made 2 TD's...short yardage so he must have done the Stump Shuffle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI

I STILL get chills when I see that play. And what a GREAT block by Tristen Holt at the :11 second mark putting the DB on his back.

That team has to be the best Gilmer has ever seen. The 2006 squad had more talent but never seemed to come together. That 2009 team had a ton of talent and did everything as a whole. They were a lot of fun to watch.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10

That team has to be the best Gilmer has ever seen.

I dont know..I still think from top to bottom roster wise the 2004 team was more talented than the 09 team.

poisoned10
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont know..I still think from top to bottom roster wise the 2004 team was more talented than the 09 team.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
You can't go wrong with either one.

i agree..I just felt last year was more about the awesomeness of Stump...that 04 team had so many weapons that could kill you in so many different ways.

Ex-Tiger2005
11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
the kid from brownwood played QB for TCU also!

buckeyebob
11-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Speaking of 2004...saw Manual @ the game Saturday. He looked great and huge...guess life is agreeing with him. Hope he gets picked up. Great athlete.

Aesculus gilmus
11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
We can see that Stump put a scare in TCU the other day. The Froggies only took two days to switch to another conference! :eek:

Seriously, I wish a program like TCU would have recruited him rather than UNM. However, BB, since you mentioned how "huge" Manuel is, I'm sure you meant he has picked up weight and not height. Manuel and Stump share the same deficit that the scouts never could overlook and that was in height.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Manuel and Stump share the same deficit that the scouts never could overlook and that was in height.

Manuel went to a top 5 D1 School...his problem in pro has not been lack of height, but lack of explosive speed..but he was not overlooked by scouts

Phil C
11-30-2010, 11:43 AM
I hope he can get UT to play a game at New Mexico because that is our only border state in which we have never played a bowl game. DISGRACEFUL INDEED!!

:mad:

Pendragon13
11-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI That was good, but I'm still more impressed with last years championship game when he had Wylie's entire defensive line/linebackers right in his face and he simply sidestepped to his right..rolled out a little and threw a perfect 30 yard strike down field.:eek: That was the only time that Wylie team was ever embarrassed...including the loss to Graham where we lead in every stat. (including turnovers which was the killer)

Green Bling
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Talented kid! Fun to keep up with his career!

buckeyebob
12-01-2010, 06:06 AM
The Gilmer Homers will keep you informed. Stump is not only talented as an athlete, he is a really nice guy.