PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs Navarro region IV Final (Updates)

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Who takes the rematch of district rivals?Texans won the first meeting 42-28.

rb585
11-27-2010, 10:44 AM
When/where?

I was fearing Alamodome, but I noticed they already have a 4A game booked Friday night and will almost certainly host the two 5A games on Saturday, plus I saw that Refugio-Schulenberg was trying to get in the Dome, too.

Bobcat Stadium? Pleasepleaseplease?

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by rb585
When/where?

I was fearing Alamodome, but I noticed they already have a 4A game booked Friday night and will almost certainly host the two 5A games on Saturday, plus I saw that Refugio-Schulenberg was trying to get in the Dome, too.

Bobcat Stadium? Pleasepleaseplease?

That makes the most sense.Almost exactly the same distance for
each school.

Maxpreps is showing the game date as Thursday Dec.2nd?No site or time listed.:confused:

bag-o-chips
11-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Heard last night it will be Hays HS on Friday at 7:30. Should be finalized by now if they stick with that plan!

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I have heard its at Hays high school...only about 12 miles for us!!!

Though Navarro is a tough, tenacious team...I think Wimberley wins this one. I just dont think Navarro's defense will be able to contain a humming Texan offense, especially one that has shown up the last few games. Add to it, Wimberley's knack for handling the running game (Slot-T in particular) makes it a tall order for Navarro. They will have to go to their passing game to beat us. I dont think they are good enough in the passing game to make this happen, especially since their other best weapon (ball control and eating the clock) would go out the window. I predict at least a 17 point victory.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
Heard last night it will be Hays HS on Friday at 7:30. Should be finalized by now if they stick with that plan!

That is even better!We can eat a Garcias before the game!Great mexican food on main st in Buda.:clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by lbjacj
That is even better!We can eat a Garcias before the game!Great mexican food on main st in Buda.:clap: yep that is some good food.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Navarro played some very good defense last night and stop the sweep plays against some good Mathis rbs but they were bunched in at the line of scrimmage to stop the slot T like you're suppose to on a offense like that. They were able to stay with the speedy back out of the backfield in passing plays but dont know how good they'll be in stopping Wimberley offense where they cant stack the line.

rb585
11-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Excellent! Very good stadium, and even a shorter drive!

gold_33
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Navarro couldnt stop our offense before and that was without Blakemore so I dont see them stopping us now. Our D was built to stop the slot-T of Liberty Hill and Coach Smith has trained our guys to shut it down. Navarro had some success throwing the ball but im sure we can work on that and shut it down. I know we'll be on the lookout for trick plays and they kicked onsides everytime after we housed the opening kickoff. We dominated the first matchup and it was 42-14 late before we took out starters and they got 2 late tds, one with no time remaining. We still need to bring the intensity and dont think this game is in the bag because we won before but I think we will continue to roll on and be reg IV champs!! Wim 49 Navarro 21

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Excellent! Very good stadium, and even a shorter drive!

From the Texan Booster site:

The Texans are going strong. Come out and support them against the "Cinderella Story"
Navarro Panthers on Friday, December 3rd at Bob Shelton Stadium at Hays High School. The
Panthers run a slot T offense laced with a potent passing game. Despite the Texans' earlier
success against this team, the Panthers will not be taken lightly. Hopefully, the Texans will be
able to end the fairy tale and move on to the State Semi-Final match.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 04:13 PM
This is great, how often do you get to play a regional final 15min from home?? Gonna feel like a home game for us!!

44INAROW
11-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
This is great, how often do you get to play a regional final 15min from home?? Gonna feel like a home game for us!!

that's cool. We played Palacios for regional finals in Victoria in 2007.. Only thing better than playing 30 minutes from my house was winning 42-14
Good Luck to the Texans :)

ogg
11-27-2010, 07:11 PM

I was hoping it would be at Bobcat stadium.

runtowin
11-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I am pulling for the classier team. Go panthers!

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
I am pulling for the classier team. Go panthers!

Maybe I'm looking through homer eyes but I think the Texans and the coaches are among the classiest in the state!:confused:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 11:25 PM
all the teams are classy and majority of the coaches.

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 11:51 PM
I have to say that the Sinton fans I've seen here show a lot of class. They may want another team to win but they are one of the first to show appreciation to both sides at games end. It is very much appreciated.

LHdog
11-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Hayes stadium is to close to Wimberley. They may get their 'homer" refs. Just ask Sealy.

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by LHdog
Hayes stadium is to close to Wimberley. They may get their 'homer" refs. Just ask Sealy.

You haven't been keeping up. We have a weekend getaway B&B here in Wimberley specifically for our "homer" refs. Very nice!!

runtowin
11-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Maybe I'm looking through homer eyes but I think the Texans and the coaches are among the classiest in the state!:confused:

Believe me when I say I have had many encounters with the Texans in victory or defeat. In either case I am usually disappointed with how they behave on the court/field/track or elsewhere.

sintonfanseguin
11-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Go Panthers!!! "You gotta Believe."

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Believe me when I say I have had many encounters with the Texans in victory or defeat. In either case I am usually disappointed with how they behave on the court/field/track or elsewhere.

Please share the team you support/played for so we may have equal time concerning team etiquette. This is however a thread about the upcoming Navarro/Wimberley game. Can we get back to that and the reason for the thread lbjacj posted?

Will be the 2nd time this year we've had to play a team twice. I believe Navarro will be tougher this time around, taking nothing from our first encounter. Panthers defense has played great thus far in the playoffs but because of our balance, I still don't think they can shut us down. I am also looking for our defense to be better. I really like how our special teams have come alive in the playoffs, especially the kickoff return unit.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 11:29 AM

You can always expect at least a few who arent real happy with the last decade of success of Wimberely sports, propelling them into the top 15 or so of ALL 3A schools in history regarding winning percentages (according to WOS87's stats). It just doesnt sit well with some. I can understand that kind of resentment. I used to have that kind of resentment towards other teams too...when I was in my teens.

With that said, there is no doubt we have had some smart mouths, or some cheap shots here and there, or some bad blood from this kid or that kid.Which school hasnt? But for someone to say they are "usually disappointed" in how our teams behave in every sport, in every venue "and elsewhere" is really kind of sad, if not laughable.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Please share the team you support/played for so we may have equal time concerning team etiquette. This is however a thread about the upcoming Navarro/Wimberley game. Can we get back to that and the reason for the thread lbjacj posted?

Will be the 2nd time this year we've had to play a team twice. I believe Navarro will be tougher this time around, taking nothing from our first encounter. Panthers defense has played great thus far in the playoffs but because of our balance, I still don't think they can shut us down. I am also looking for our defense to be better. I really like how our special teams have come alive in the playoffs, especially the kickoff return unit.

I agree Tejas. I am seeing those two words becoming more and more important as the weeks go on....FIELD POSITION.

Most of the time, we have opponents backed up to the 20-25. Our starting position (on average) is probably the 40-45. Makes a HUGE difference as the game progresses.

Green Bling
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I say the team that wins Region IV will be the team from D26! No hissing and booing, please! Y'all enjoy the game. It is always great when you play a district rival for the regional title! Leave early and take a side trip to Cabellas!

bag-o-chips
11-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Navarro heard all those same things when they had a little success in 2A. Homer refs, hiding enrollment to stay 2A (Ask KC they still accuse Navarro of having over 500 students). Navarro was happy and expecting to go into 3A and be competitive. They started scheduling 3A teams a couple years ago in preperation! We are happy to be playing Wimberley again and for the Region 4 Championship! Who would have thunk it? LOL!!More importantly Navarro is in the 4th round and playing in December. Something that has not been done since they started football around 40 years ago! Just to play now and against Wimberley you know you are accomplishing the things you would want in your program! Look forward to Friday night! I think you can say that 26-3A rose to the top this year in R4!

Snotbubbles
11-28-2010, 12:06 PM
To be playing a week after Thanksgiving is a great achievement by both these schools. Good luck to both. Should be an exciting game and well attended.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Navarro heard all those same things when they had a little success in 2A. Homer refs, hiding enrollment to stay 2A (Ask KC they still accuse Navarro of having over 500 students). Navarro was happy and expecting to go into 3A and be competitive. They started scheduling 3A teams a couple years ago in preperation! We are happy to be playing Wimberley again and for the Region 4 Championship! Who would have thunk it? LOL!!More importantly Navarro is in the 4th round and playing in December. Something that has not been done since they started football around 40 years ago! Just to play now and against Wimberley you know you are accomplishing the things you would want in your program! Look forward to Friday night! I think you can say that 26-3A rose to the top this year in R4!

No doubt Chips. A very impressive result from a new 3A team. VERY impressive. I liked their style when I saw them several weeks ago. One thing for sure...if we are lucky enough to get a lead, we better not lose focus or else Navarro will come storming back. I think Navarro is dangerous for us...if we lose focus for a minute, we could be in trouble. I dont think we will....but I bet Navarro is going to do everything they can to MAKE us lose focus!

lbjacj
11-28-2010, 12:09 PM

Congrats on setting the record for most wins ever and reaching the state quarterfinals!Huge accomplishment!
In 1993 Wimberley reached the state semifinals in 2A and the next few years after moving to 3A were not very successful. To do what Navarro has in their 1st year in 3A is remarkable!:clap:

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I've seen Wimberley 3 times in my life and came away impressed all 3 times. Just something about the way they play. Never have the most talent, but just execute so well. and I like that little #2, kid can PLAY!

I'll take Wimberley by 14 again. :clap:

pirate4state
11-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I just don't see the Navarro team I saw Friday night staying within 2 TDs of Wimberley. Sorry.

Good luck to both teams!

rb585
11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
We're already on page 3 and no one has trotted out the stupid line about how hard it is to beat a team twice?

:D

Seriously, I think the game earlier in the season helps Wimberley. Navarro got down early and then really had to open up their playbook and use every trick they had to try to get back in the game. Wimberley has a real nice game film to study from that one.

The biggest difference I remember from that game is that Wimberley's O-line just completely dominated. Runners would get stuffed at the line, but it would still be a nice gain because the line was getting shoved five yards backwards.

I do expect Navarro to play better -- they looked a little timid the first game, but nothing boosts your confidence like three playoff wins.

Snotbubbles
11-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Navarro has nothing to lose. No pressure, no one expects them to contend, much less win here. Should be closer than first matchup.

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 02:56 PM

Well said. I know most Wimberley people here including myself have also supported the Panthers and appreciate their success this year. When I was at our game against Sweeny I had to cheer when I heard the score for the Mathis game. It was only halftime but I knew you guys had come to play. You just have to tip your hat on what they've accomplished. Very proud of 26-3A. Canyon Lake missed moving on by two feet (last second FG). I believe the district as a whole was much stronger than given credit for this year. The recent results are a reflection of that. Will be a great re-match. Good luck to you and your Panthers and here's a late welcome to district 26 and 3A football. Please forgive me now but I have to say GO TEXANS!!!

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Texans by 17. Still hoping for re-match against one of the classiest teams in the state.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Texans by 17. Still hoping for re-match against one of the classiest teams in the state.

Thanks LionFan72...back at you. It's niceto think of a rematch, but both of us have other things to consider right now. We'll be talking soon, I predict!

rb585
11-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Navarro has nothing to lose. No pressure, no one expects them to contend, much less win here. Should be closer than first matchup.

In the first matchup, they also had nothing to lose and no pressure because no one expected them to contend.

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72

Thanks LionFan72. We are hoping as well for the honor and privilege to play for the state title. A re-match with the legendary Brownwood Lions would be a classic match-up. First things first however with our battle against a tough Navarro team on Friday.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM

True...Navarro is running on emotion and excitement, backed up by a good crop of talent. The Texans are running on experience and talent, with a good bit of emotion. I think the Texans will come ready to play in what we consider to be our own back yard (don't forget that this stadium and school was once where our kids had to go before WHS was formed).

I predict if Navarro comes in with less than their best performance of the year, this game could get out-of-hand in a hurry.

hollywood
11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Wimberley by 3 TD's. Way to much for Navarro to contain. Wimberley isn't a slot-t run, run, run.

Get it done Wimberley and we'll get it done in San Angelo to move ever so close to the rematch!;)

lbjacj
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I know I am kinda jumpin the gun but since we know each other so well, being District 26 rivals, I thought it would be OK to look ahead a little.
If you are like me you know nothing about the region 3 finalists.Never heard of Coldspring and very little about Athens.For the winner of our region , here's a little about the next possible opponent...

Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans
Head Coach - Bryan Barbay
Champion - District 22-3A

Offense Average Points Scored Per Game: 42.0
Average Total Yards Per Game: 439.2
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 374.8
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 64.4

Offensive Leaders Passing: #5 - Alfred Scott, 39-77, 837 yd., 9 TD, 6 INT
Rushing:#24 - Cody Cummings, 246 carries, 2154 yd., 25 TD
#1 - Sherman Gilbert, 138 carries, 1468 yd., 19 TD
#2 - Tevin Bryant, 96 carries 524 yd., 10 TD
Receiving:#1 - Sherman Gilbert, 10 receptions, 198 yd., 3 TD
#88 - Caleb Shelly, 8 receptions, 188 yd., 2 TD
#84 - Kelton Perry, 5 receptions, 178 yd., 2 TD

Defense Average Points Allowed Per Game: 12.0
Average Total Yards Per Game: 171.0
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 83.5
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 87.5

2010 Results
Date Opponent Result
Aug. 27 Kirbyville L, 6-20
Sept. 3 at Madisonville W, 26-0
Sept. 10 Crockett W, 42-41
Sept. 17 at Orangefield W, 53-6
Sept. 24 Tarkington* W, 54-0
Oct. 1 at Shepherd* W, 56-8
Oct. 8 Splendora* W, 53-10
Oct. 15 at Cleveland* W, 48-8
Oct. 22 OPEN
Oct. 29 Huffman* W, 29-20
Nov. 5 at Liberty* W, 56-7

2010 Playoff Road
Round Opponent Result
Bi-District Bridge City W, 44-13
Area Columbus W, 53-3
Regionals Kirbyville W, 27-20

Athens Hornets
Head Coach - Paul Essary
Runner up - District 17-3A

Offense Average Points Scored Per Game: 43.3
Average Total Yards Per Game: 431.9
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 275.1
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 156.8

Offensive Leaders Passing,Tevin Watson,109-163,2038 yd., 27 TD, 7 INT
Rushing:Kendall Sanders, 100 carries, 1042 yd., 13 TD
Cameron Darty, 120 carries, 916 yd., 13 TD
Juwuan Martin, 47 carries, 459 yd., 6 TD
Nick Monmouth, 31 carries, 384 yd., 4 TD
Tevin Watson, 70 carries, 243 yd., 6 TD
Receiving:Courtney Whitehead, 54 catches, 862 yd., 11 TD
Kendall Sanders, 21 catches, 709 yd., 10 TD

DefenseAverage Points Allowed Per Game: 19.2
Average Total Yards Per Game: 272.6
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 142.8
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 129.8

2010 Results
Date Opponent Result
Aug. 27 Ft. Worth Nolan Cath. L, 28-34
Sept. 3 at Longview Spring Hill W, 28-19
Sept. 10 Diboll W, 35-24
Sept. 17 at Wills Point W, 38-33
Sept. 25 Palestine W, 49-14
Oct. 1 at Huntington W, 56-0
Oct. 8 OPEN W, 56-7
Oct. 15 Bullard* W, 66-20
Oct. 22 at Brownsboro* W, 63-21
Oct. 29 at Rusk* W, 49-7
Nov. 5 at Tyler Chapel Hill L, 35-38

2010 Playoff Road
Round Opponent Result
Bi-District Diboll W, 56-7
Area Lorena W, 31-7
Regionals Brookshire Royal W, 29-26

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I know I am kinda jumpin the gun but since we know each other so well, being District 26 rivals, I thought it would be OK to look ahead a little.
If you are like me you know nothing about the region 3 finalists.Never heard of Coldspring and very little about Athens.For the winner of our region , here's a little about the next possible opponent...

Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans
Head Coach - Bryan Barbay
Champion - District 22-3A

Offense Average Points Scored Per Game: 42.0
Average Total Yards Per Game: 439.2
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 374.8
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 64.4

Offensive Leaders Passing: #5 - Alfred Scott, 39-77, 837 yd., 9 TD, 6 INT
Rushing:#24 - Cody Cummings, 246 carries, 2154 yd., 25 TD
#1 - Sherman Gilbert, 138 carries, 1468 yd., 19 TD
#2 - Tevin Bryant, 96 carries 524 yd., 10 TD
Receiving:#1 - Sherman Gilbert, 10 receptions, 198 yd., 3 TD
#88 - Caleb Shelly, 8 receptions, 188 yd., 2 TD
#84 - Kelton Perry, 5 receptions, 178 yd., 2 TD

Defense Average Points Allowed Per Game: 12.0
Average Total Yards Per Game: 171.0
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 83.5
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 87.5

2010 Results
Date Opponent Result
Aug. 27 Kirbyville L, 6-20
Sept. 3 at Madisonville W, 26-0
Sept. 10 Crockett W, 42-41
Sept. 17 at Orangefield W, 53-6
Sept. 24 Tarkington* W, 54-0
Oct. 1 at Shepherd* W, 56-8
Oct. 8 Splendora* W, 53-10
Oct. 15 at Cleveland* W, 48-8
Oct. 22 OPEN
Oct. 29 Huffman* W, 29-20
Nov. 5 at Liberty* W, 56-7

2010 Playoff Road
Round Opponent Result
Bi-District Bridge City W, 44-13
Area Columbus W, 53-3
Regionals Kirbyville W, 27-20

Athens Hornets
Head Coach - Paul Essary
Runner up - District 17-3A

Offense Average Points Scored Per Game: 43.3
Average Total Yards Per Game: 431.9
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 275.1
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 156.8

Offensive Leaders Passing,Tevin Watson,109-163,2038 yd., 27 TD, 7 INT
Rushing:Kendall Sanders, 100 carries, 1042 yd., 13 TD
Cameron Darty, 120 carries, 916 yd., 13 TD
Juwuan Martin, 47 carries, 459 yd., 6 TD
Nick Monmouth, 31 carries, 384 yd., 4 TD
Tevin Watson, 70 carries, 243 yd., 6 TD
Receiving:Courtney Whitehead, 54 catches, 862 yd., 11 TD
Kendall Sanders, 21 catches, 709 yd., 10 TD

DefenseAverage Points Allowed Per Game: 19.2
Average Total Yards Per Game: 272.6
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 142.8
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 129.8

2010 Results
Date Opponent Result
Aug. 27 Ft. Worth Nolan Cath. L, 28-34
Sept. 3 at Longview Spring Hill W, 28-19
Sept. 10 Diboll W, 35-24
Sept. 17 at Wills Point W, 38-33
Sept. 25 Palestine W, 49-14
Oct. 1 at Huntington W, 56-0
Oct. 8 OPEN W, 56-7
Oct. 15 Bullard* W, 66-20
Oct. 22 at Brownsboro* W, 63-21
Oct. 29 at Rusk* W, 49-7
Nov. 5 at Tyler Chapel Hill L, 35-38

2010 Playoff Road
Round Opponent Result
Bi-District Diboll W, 56-7
Area Lorena W, 31-7
Regionals Brookshire Royal W, 29-26

Impressive rushing numbers for Coldspring. :eek:

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
To be playing a week after Thanksgiving is a great achievement by both these schools. Good luck to both. Should be an exciting game and well attended.

:iagree:

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Good article on the Navarro / Mathis game.

http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=d3b94bfff239da3e

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Good article on the Navarro / Mathis game.

http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=d3b94bfff239da3e

Thats a well written article.

snaxet
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
You have to give Navarro props. I thought they played with a high level of intensity against Wimberley in first game, and you can expect the same from them this Friday. After looking at the brackets, I felt that they had a good chance of making it to the regional title game. This was really confirmed after seeing Llano who played both Liberty Hill and Burnet fairly close. That is no disrespect for Llano, Liberty Hill or Burnett, but Navarro just seemed to play at a higher level and had more talent in key areas. I was not surprised to hear Navarro winning over LH while shivering in the cold stands at Round Rock. After that win they just seemed to get stronger. If you haven't gone up against the slot-t, you are in trouble as Sam Houston found out. Mathis was a pretty even match, Navarro just hung in there and fought their way to a victory. Now it is a battle between the 2 best of District 26. Navarro is so unpredictable. It's tough enough to prepare for the Slot-T, but when you have to worry about all of the onside kicks, the hook and ladder, the fumble-a-rooskie, the deceptive handoffs, and the well timed pass play, it does make you a little nervous. Our offense needs to take control and not let up. We must continue to limit turnovers, and keep the pedal to the metal. Defense will be tested and must play to prevent Navarro from controlling the clock. This will be a great game. Texans should remember last year's regional final. They failed to show up and were just decimated. Now that we are back again this year, the challenge is to take it up a notch, take nothing for granted and play at a level that will propel you on to the State Semi-finals.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Well said Snaxet. Though I am "confident" we will win this game (you HAVE to have confidence at this level), I am also concerned. But I know our coaches are concerned as well, and I trust they will take care of the trick plays and hide-and-seek that Navarro uses. In fact, I think the onside kicks could really bite them in the rear, and I think their passing game could be their undoing. But with all that said...their defense will STILL have to stop our offense. I dont see that happening.

snaxet
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree wimb_pro, we should handle Navarro as long as we play at the same level as we have during the playoffs. Also, having Blakemore and Fonville back in the defensive secondary will certainly help as well. I wouldn't put it past Navarro to slip in a little spread offense every once in a while. I know they ran their last pass play in the spread, which makes me believe that maybe they have been experimenting in case of a rematch with Wimberley. I really feel that our offense is on a roll, and we should score in the 40's. Our defense is getting stronger with each game as well, and I am looking for another big night for the Texans.

gold_33
11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
I just think with our experience against the slot-T and our coaches knowledge of it that we have always done a better job than most at stopping it. If you havent gone against the slot-T then teams usually have alot of trouble stopping it. I just did not see Navarro having the athletes or speed we have in the first game and they were outmatched. We controlled the line on both sides and if you can do that, especially on D against the slot-T, then 9 times outta 10 your gonna win. Navarro outgained us in total yards but we also got the ball on the 50 everytime because they kicked onsides after we took the opening kickoff back for a td but we outgained them on the score board and thats what matters. We also were missing Blakemore, Fonville and Smith that game and 2 of 3 have since returned and the 3rd could possibly be back. I dont think they can stop our offense, I didnt see them slow us down the first game and don't have any reason to believe they can this time around because I think we are even better right now. Navarro's offense isnt built for a shootout and I just dont think they can keep up with us. I still expect a good, hard fought game because I know Navarro wont lay down and we need to come out and play hard and take it to them.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 10:01 PM
True Gold33...if we are able to get them down on the mat early (notice I said "if"), we better pile on and not let them back up. They showed some resiliency against us...and apparently they showed some other teams the same thing. They are not to be taken lightly.

By the way...good to see you Saturday night...hope you had a good time!

gold_33
11-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
True Gold33...if we are able to get them down on the mat early (notice I said "if"), we better pile on and not let them back up. They showed some resiliency against us...and apparently they showed some other teams the same thing. They are not to be taken lightly.

By the way...good to see you Saturday night...hope you had a good time!

I had a very good time, that was a pretty good show yall put on!! Let me know the next time yall play up there!! I havent seen that many people in that place in a long long time!!!

wimbo_pro
11-29-2010, 12:06 AM
I had a very good time, that was a pretty good show yall put on!! Let me know the next time yall play up there!! I havent seen that many people in that place in a long long time!!!

I will!

buff4ever
11-29-2010, 10:53 AM
I say Wimberly will advance in this one

runtowin
11-29-2010, 11:02 AM

I said that I am pulling for the Panthers not claiming that they will win. Wimberley, unfortunately, is the better team and will probably win. I support LH, who was 3 yards away from playing the texans this week!

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
I said that I am pulling for the Panthers not claiming that they will win. Wimberley, unfortunately, is the better team and will probably win. I support LH, who was 3 yards away from playing the texans this week!

Yes, I understand that, but it's how you commented your support and what you followed up with I feel was inappropriate. I will say that the rivalry between Wimberley and LH was strong and some may even call it bitter. Just don't know how you could justify your comments. LH football looks to be back on track to compete at the higher level they've been accustomed to playing. I know that my saying this doesn't help at all this year. Navarro has surprised a lot of people. We will have our hands full. Good luck to LH and best wishes for future success.

runtowin
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Let's just say that I have personally heard from the mouths of players and coaches some very inappropriate things and eyewitnessed some appaling (sp?) acts. I will not mention names specifically to avoid breaking rules. However, I would not allow my kids to behave that way!

wimbo_pro
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Let's just say that I have personally heard from the mouths of players and coaches some very inappropriate things and eyewitnessed some appaling (sp?) acts. I will not mention names specifically to avoid breaking rules. However, I would not allow my kids to behave that way!

I have seen it too. But I still say you shouldnt be so hard on the Liberty Hill organization...I am sure many other towns have some kids who act this way once in a while, and even a coach here and there. We still think you guys are classy though!!!

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM

I really don't want to go any farther with this. I 've seen and heard a lot of things over time that went on during the heat of the game moments, between us and LH, and for that matter, most games, especially when there is the big rivalry. A lot of foul mouth trash talk, but very few events with malicious intent. I doubt if this is any different. If one of our coaches is guilty of crossing the line, I'd like to think they have been reprimanded for it. I would also like to think your bitterness toward the Texans will subside as the years pass. Unfortunately, it appears that may not happen anytime soon.

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM

The Wimberley kids play hard and with good sportsmanship, but the coaches need to not walk their team up and down the opponents sideline when going to pre-game. I know that is a nit-picky, but you don't do that.

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
The Wimberley kids play hard and with good sportsmanship, but the coaches need to not walk their team up and down the opponents sideline when going to pre-game. I know that is a nit-picky, but you don't do that.

:confused: :rolleyes:

CHSVARSITYDAD
11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
This is kinda funny, Cuero doesnt have any problems with the kids or coaches from Wimberley. Always a class program to play !!

wimbo_pro
11-29-2010, 04:08 PM

What the...????? I have been to probably 100 games...dont know what the heck this guy is talking about.

defense51
Wimberley is looking tremendous right now, they win this one by two td's.

wimbo_pro
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
This is kinda funny, Cuero doesnt have any problems with the kids or coaches from Wimberley. Always a class program to play !!

Thank you CHSV...back at you and your organization!

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD

You are right. They are a class program! That is just unsportsmanlike, but they probably weren't aware they were doing it. Just going from point A to point B.

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
What the...????? I have been to probably 100 games...dont know what the heck this guy is talking about.

I know Wimbo. I thought it was a little out there, if you know what I mean!:smoker: I just didn't know how to respond without saying something I would regret later. I guess he found an opening with runtowin's comments to take a shot at us. :confused:

bwdaggie
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
well coached...solid team..texans win the region!
Good Luck to both teams!

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
well coached...solid team..texans win the region!
Good Luck to both teams!

+1

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 06:34 PM
The close proximity of the stadium to both schools should not allow for too many excuses to miss this game in person. It would be nice to have a full house on the Wimberley side, heck, both sides for that matter. For all those who are unable to make it you will once again be able to hear the broadcast at www.kdrplive.org. Not sure but this may also be on the local radio for the folks in Wimberley/Dripping Springs area at 99.5 FM. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Okay, for gamenight, what restaurants are recommended in the nearby community? I know all the big chain eateries are close by. Looking for something a little more traditional. Tex-Mex is good. Southern chicken fried chicken, things of that nature.

bag-o-chips
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
KWED in Seguin 1580 am will broadcast and you can also listen live online at

http://www.kwed1580.com/kwed/display/

Good Luck to both teams!

Thanks to everybody who gave Navarro props in this thread. We appreciate the comments coming from the supporters of such a good and classsy program!

garciap77
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Wimpy's team by 30!!!!:D

gold_33
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
The close proximity of the stadium to both schools should not allow for too many excuses to miss this game in person. It would be nice to have a full house on the Wimberley side, heck, both sides for that matter. For all those who are unable to make it you will once again be able to hear the broadcast at www.kdrplive.org. Not sure but this may also be on the local radio for the folks in Wimberley/Dripping Springs area at 99.5 FM. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Okay, for gamenight, what restaurants are recommended in the nearby community? I know all the big chain eateries are close by. Looking for something a little more traditional. Tex-Mex is good. Southern chicken fried chicken, things of that nature.

I think its 99.9FM in the Austin area. They have done a great job of broadcasting our playoff games, im glad someone locally finally decided to follow us.

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Great article on Texan's Trinity Wilson.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468310573/HS-Football-Texans-Wilson-emerging-at-the-right-time

gold_33
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM

Been to Wimberley games my whole life and never seen us walk up and down the opponents sideline. Everytime i've seen us warm up, which is more than I can count, we walk in do our routine and walk out. I find it hard to believe Nelms would allow that.

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Been to Wimberley games my whole life and never seen us walk up and down the opponents sideline. Everytime i've seen us warm up, which is more than I can count, we walk in do our routine and walk out. I find it hard to believe Nelms would allow that.

It happened. Go ask your kids or your coaches which sideline they walked up and down to get to and from pre-game last Friday. Like I said, not a big deal. Probably an oversight because in every other regard the entire program was nothing but class.

I wish the Texans the best. I would really like to see them represent Region 4 very well, as I think they have the chops to win it all.

lbjacj
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM

We're going to Garcia's.It's on main st.in Buda.Great mexican food!
Only 3-4 miles from the stadium.

lbjacj
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
It happened. Go ask your kids or your coaches which sideline they walked up and down to get to and from pre-game last Friday. Like I said, not a big deal. Probably an oversight because in every other regard the entire program was nothing but class.

I wish the Texans the best. I would really like to see them represent Region 4 very well, as I think they have the chops to win
it all.

It was the only way to get there besides taking a rectangle to the locker room?? :rolleyes: :confused:
And the other team was on the field,not on that sideline.

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
It was the only way to get there besides taking a rectangle to the locker room?? :rolleyes: :confused:
And the other team was on the field,not on that sideline.

"Making a rectangle" to travel down your own sideline happens all the time. As a general rule most teams don't "come out" on the other teams sideline regardless of where the other team may be at the moment.

bag-o-chips
11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
lucky - this has what to do with Wimberley vs Navarro?

wimbo_pro
11-29-2010, 09:46 PM

Good point, Bag-o-chips. Anyways...whomever wins this game, district brotheren all, will have my full support all the way. Navarro has shown the 3A world that they are for real, and we are listening and watching. This Navarro team has put their school on the map, and with the addition of Canyon Lake only a few short years ago, we are happy to have "newbies" to the district who can play the game better than most who have been around for years.

Some might call this salute "butt slapping" and "everyone gets a participation trophy". Those fools can wallow in their little world of live-and-die by your teams record (which, in most cases, would be a painful few decades). I prefer to live in the world of live-and-die by the quality of your opponents and the joy in defeating them. And if you dont defeat them...salute them.

Lucky2Coach
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM

Nothing, sorry for the hijack! Good Luck to the Texans!

bag-o-chips
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Good point, Bag-o-chips. Anyways...whomever wins this game, district brotheren all, will have my full support all the way. Navarro has shown the 3A world that they are for real, and we are listening and watching. This Navarro team has put their school on the map, and with the addition of Canyon Lake only a few short years ago, we are happy to have "newbies" to the district who can play the game better than most who have been around for years.

Some might call this salute "butt slapping" and "everyone gets a participation trophy". Those fools can wallow in their little world of live-and-die by your teams record (which, in most cases, would be a painful few decades). I prefer to live in the world of live-and-die by the quality of your opponents and the joy in defeating them. And if you dont defeat them...salute them.

Very Nice!:clap:

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM

Wimbo, that was beautiful. Would you run for mayor? :thinking: :clap:

Tejastrue
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Just a note about the POTW. If you haven't voted yet please do so asap. Texans' Blakemore is on the list . Thanks

gold_33
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM

I wish the Texans the best. I would really like to see them represent Region 4 very well, as I think they have the chops to win it all.

I must not have noticed it, I know the locker rooms were in that corner on the home side. If we did do it I can assure you it wasnt intentionally or to disrespect the opponent because thats not how coach Nelms runs this program. We appreciate your support and we will do our best to represent Region IV the best we can.

bwdaggie
11-29-2010, 11:00 PM

seriously wimbo...this is good stuff & EVERY school in the state...heck the country should read this...love it!:clap: :clap:

ogg
11-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Wimpy's team by 30!!!!:D

What does Brownwood beat Brownwood mean?

Who is being payed back, Brownwood? Since they beat themselves?

Who the heck is Whimpy?

Please explain.

rb585
11-29-2010, 11:19 PM

You ever think that it might have been an oversight because the home team usually wears their dark colors?

What's up with Sweeny wearing white jerseys on the home sidelines? The Sweeny coaches were obviously being classless by choosing to go against convention and insisting on wearing white jerseys as the home team.

:rolleyes:

rb585
11-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ogg
What does Brownwood beat Brownwood mean.

Please explain.

You obviously weren't at last year's Brownwood-WImberley playoff game.

Because of confusion by the referees at the coin flip, Brownwood actually scored three touchdowns that were credited to Wimberley. Instead of 24-17 Wimberley, the score was rightfully 38-3 Brownwood, and there was some dispute about the FG as well, because a Brownwood kid actually caught it in the end zone and dunked it over the goal post.

Hence, Brownwood beat Brownwood.

rb585
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Great article on Texan's Trinity Wilson.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468310573/HS-Football-Texans-Wilson-emerging-at-the-right-time

This kid is unbelievable. Other than his size, he is a natural born running back. Great balance, great vision, great burst, and great fight -- no one knocks him backwards. He is exactly what a running back is supposed to be.

If he had Dennis's body, he'd be getting recruited by everyone in the country.

ogg
11-29-2010, 11:41 PM

Because of confusion by the referees at the coin flip, Brownwood actually scored three touchdowns that were credited to Wimberley. Instead of 24-17 Wimberley, the score was rightfully 38-3 Brownwood, and there was some dispute about the FG as well, because a Brownwood kid actually caught it in the end zone and dunked it over the goal post.

I was at that game. I think that FG was tipped over by the Brownwood kid not dunked. Thanks for the reminder.

ogg
11-29-2010, 11:44 PM
This kid is unbelievable. Other than his size, he is a natural born running back. Great balance, great vision, great burst, and great fight -- no one knocks him backwards. He is exactly what a running back is supposed to be.

+1

wimbo_pro
11-30-2010, 02:32 AM

Now THAT is funny!!! LOLOLOL

wimbo_pro
11-30-2010, 02:35 AM

Last time we had a running back that looked similar to Wilson, you'd hear the chant "BUUUUUUSSSEEEE" after each run. This kid has "got it".

wimbo_pro
11-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by ogg

Who the heck is Whimpy?

Please explain.

Thats my nickname here on the board with the old timers.

TexMike
11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Who is home and who is visitor for this game? Anyone know?

Tejastrue
11-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Not everyone may know what this young man has been thru this year. It's nice that he is recognized. I myself am so thankful that he has fully recovered from what could have been something much more serious.

Congrats Brennen Blakemore!

From the Statesman:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hsfootball/high-school-football-game-of-the-week-players-1082666.html

bwdaggie
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Not everyone may know what this young man has been thru this year. It's nice that he is recognized. I myself am so thankful that he has fully recovered from what could have been something much more serious.

Congrats Brennen Blakemore!

From the Statesman:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hsfootball/high-school-football-game-of-the-week-players-1082666.html

holy cow!!! i'm glad he is ok! that is scary stuff!

DaHop72
11-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Thats my nickname here on the board with the old timers. SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil:

BWDCindie
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I will be rooting for Wimberley on this one! They were nothing but classy when we played them last year. Good Luck, Texans and hope we meet again!

rb585
11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
holy cow!!! i'm glad he is ok! that is scary stuff!

I heard that at the start of the fall semester, they weren't letting him even walk the halls between classes with everyone else because they were worried about the damage that could be caused if someone just accidentally bumped him.

Great to see him back.

dirtysouth
11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
He is one heck of a gamer and a fantastic baseball player as well. Im glad to hear that he is ok and back doing what he enjoys!

As much as I would like to see Navarro pull the upset....I do not believe that they have the best shot at winning state between these two although I have been impressed and surprised by them more than one this year. I hope they prove me wrong. Being from this district I would like to see the Championship brought back to District 26 AAA and I think Wimberley has the best shot to do so. Hope it is a well fought game by both teams and whoever wins I will be pulling for them all the way! Good Luck!!

Tejastrue
11-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by dirtysouth
He is one heck of a gamer and a fantastic baseball player as well. Im glad to hear that he is ok and back doing what he enjoys!

As much as I would like to see Navarro pull the upset....I do not believe that they have the best shot at winning state between these two although I have been impressed and surprised by them more than once this year. I hope they prove me wrong. Being from this district I would like to see the Championship brought back to District 26 AAA and I think Wimberley has the best shot to do so. Hope it is a well fought game by both teams and whoever wins I will be pulling for them all the way! Good Luck!!

Thanks. Appreciate your comments. I share the same thoughts about 26-3A and about supporting whoever wins. Of course the Texans would be my ideal choice. Good luck this week to the Panthers. Go Texans!!

snaxet
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
Who is home and who is visitor for this game? Anyone know?

Wimberley will be the visiting team.

garciap77
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ogg
What does Brownwood beat Brownwood mean?

Who is being payed back, Brownwood? Since they beat themselves?

Who the heck is Whimpy?

Please explain.

It means = If Brownwood loses it's because they beat themselves! They beat themselves 7 times in 2008!:D

No! Wimpy's team if they meet again!:D

Wimpy is the famous wimbo_pro!:D

GP77;)

wimbo_pro
11-30-2010, 10:21 PM
SHUT UP GARCIA!!!!

Tejastrue
11-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
Wimberley will be the visiting team.

Seems to be the norm for us thus far.

garciap77
11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!:D

;)

Go Wimberley !!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
11-30-2010, 10:35 PM
SHUT UP GARCIA!!!! SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!! and leave garcia alone.:p :p

sinton66
11-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Okay, I want the three of you (Wimpy, Garcia, and DaHop) to come to San Antonio, meet at the Denny's on IH10, have breakfast together, and shake hands. And, if you'll buy my brealfast, I'll come too.:D

DaHop72
12-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Okay, I want the three of you (Wimpy, Garcia, and DaHop) to come to San Antonio, meet at the Denny's on IH10, have breakfast together, and shake hands. And, if you'll buy my brealfast, I'll come too.:D Wimpy couldn't handle garcia and I in the same place.:devil: Is brealfast a South Texas meal??:devil: :devil: :devil:

sinton66
12-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Wimpy couldn't handle garcia and I in the same place.:devil: Is brealfast a South Texas meal??:devil: :devil: :devil:

Oh, so YOU'VE never made a typo?:doh: And, Wimpy just might surprise you.;)

Tell you what, if yall will throw in a midget and a stick horse, G2 might even come.:D

garciap77
12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Oh, so YOU'VE never made a typo?:doh: And, Wimpy just might surprise you.;)

Tell you what, if yall will throw in a midget and a stick horse, G2 might even come.:D

I'll bring the pancho for G2, he requires it at all meals (heard it at the Whataburger in Early:D ). DaHop will borrow will bring Rocket and the Shetland pony!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Mexican-Midget-Bullfighters-16rocket3.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Tejastrue
12-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
I'll bring the pancho for G2, he requires it at all meals (heard it at the Whataburger in Early:D ). DaHop will borrow will bring Rocket and the Shetland pony!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Mexican-Midget-Bullfighters-16rocket3.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Are you guys trying to make this another BW thread? Rocket is currently going thru his pre-game ritual and very busy trying to put his game face on.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb300/BabsLISW/Avatars/kittenandlion.jpg

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, I'm certainly big enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!!

Rocket

wimbo_pro
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Midegets, ponies and breakfast....I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!!

Tejastrue
12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I know it's only Wednesday but this photo gets the blood flowing just a bit. Go Texans!!!

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/03/18/00/slideshow_1001830702_23.jpg

Great photo!! Congrats Tammy!!

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2010/11/30/mascot_and_phot.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news

wimbo_pro
12-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I still can't believe we are playing at Hayes High School. I can leave the house at 7pm and get there for kick off!! (I wont of course....but I COULD!!!)

rojosgirl
12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I know it's only Wednesday but this photo gets the blood flowing just a bit. Go Texans!!!

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/03/18/00/slideshow_1001830702_23.jpg

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2010/11/30/mascot_and_phot.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news

It is a great photo. I just wish those people wouldn't lay the Texas flags on the ground after they run them in! Lean them up on the bleachers or something.

wimbo_pro
12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
It is a great photo. I just wish those people wouldn't lay the Texas flags on the ground after they run them in! Lean them up on the bleachers or something.

Totally agree, Rojo. I havent seen it myself, but if you have, someone needs to tell them to not let that happen.

Tejastrue
12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I still can't believe we are playing at Hayes High School. I can leave the house at 7pm and get there for kick off!! (I wont of course....but I COULD!!!)

Short trip and great weather in the forecast. Sure makes it for a more enjoyable evening of football. Looks like Navarro folks will only need a liitle over a half hour for their on travel time. :2thumbsup

Tejastrue
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
For Wimberley fans and supporters. If you have time, take this link to vote on MVP (Most Valuable Plug-in) for an injured starter. Trinity Wilson is on the list. It's toward the bottom half of the page.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/

Tejastrue
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Little slow today on the posts. Where's SHSBulldog00 when you need him? Guess I'd rather have it this way than how crazy the Loboes thread has become. Notice how I did not mention .....
Go Texans!!!

wimbo_pro
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Little slow today on the posts. Where's SHSBulldog00 when you need him? Guess I'd rather have it this way than how crazy the Loboes thread has become. Notice how I did not mention .....
Go Texans!!!

Well, I just landed from my trip to Chicago...so I am ready to fill it up for Fridays game! Yeah, I noticed we are kind of "under the radar" on this board compared to the others. That perfect....we'll be all over it come Saturday!

gold_33
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM

I know its awesome, I work 5min from the stadium.

ogg
12-01-2010, 10:39 PM
For me personally, I feel the Boerne game defined the Texans the best. Playing a good and desperate team looking for a playoff spot, on their field. Down 21 pts in the first quarter and half', put not only a scoring drive together but bonded a team together. Not only tied the score but doubled it. Won 21 to 42.

You had to be there!

garciap77
12-01-2010, 10:39 PM

That's a nice picture!!!!

ogg
12-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I know its awesome, I work 5min from the stadium.

I work 5 min. from Hays stadium as well. Hummm.

Tejastrue
12-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ogg
For me personally, I feel the Boerne game defined the Texans the best. Playing a good and desperate team looking for a playoff spot, on their field. Down 21 pts in the first quarter and half', put not only a scoring drive together but bonded a team together. Not only tied the score but doubled it. Won 21 to 42.

You had to be there!

:iagree: :2thumbsup

I was there!!!

Tx Challenge
12-02-2010, 01:04 AM
The Wimberley Texans win this game by 30

rojosgirl
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Totally agree, Rojo. I havent seen it myself, but if you have, someone needs to tell them to not let that happen.

It happens every game. I've been watching Wimberley play for years and after they run in with the flags they lay them on the ground. I just thinks it's awful!

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
It happens every game. I've been watching Wimberley play for years and after they run in with the flags they lay them on the ground. I just thinks it's awful!

Wow...I guess I never paid attention. I agree!!! I need to say something to someone! The American Flag would bring a storm of comments...so the Texas flag should too! I'll watch this week!

Lucky2Coach
12-02-2010, 10:42 AM
If you guys are bored here's a link to some pictures from Wimberley vs. Sweeny from MaxPreps. Some really good close-up shots! Good Luck tomorrow night Texans!

You will probably have to cut and paste the link.

http://www.maxpreps.com/photo/gallery.aspx?imageid=95ffc9dd-bf85-4fad-8e84-b9b0efbba0c6&photogalleryid=289e0c73-36fc-4031-a5f2-2ac9469d3b6d#imageid=95ffc9dd-bf85-4fad-8e84-b9b0efbba0c6

Tejastrue
12-02-2010, 11:07 AM

This post went in a direction I wasn't expecting. It was just meant to share the excitement I was feeling about the game when I first saw the photo thus the reason for sharing.

Tejastrue
12-02-2010, 11:09 AM
If you guys are bored here's a link to some pictures from Wimberley vs. Sweeny from MaxPreps. Some really good close-up shots! Good Luck tomorrow night Texans!

http://www.maxpreps.com/photo/gallery.aspx?imageid=95ffc9dd-bf85-4fad-8e84-b9b0efbba0c6&photogalleryid=289e0c73-36fc-4031-a5f2-2ac9469d3b6d#imageid=95ffc9dd-bf85-4fad-8e84-b9b0efbba0c6

Thanks for posting the link Lucky2Coach. Very nice.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Great pics! The size difference is obvious.

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
The Wimberley Texans win this game by 30

Thats a bold prediction there... but I like it! Any chance you will make it down to Kyle Friday night? I have an extra Wimberley shirt for you! ;)

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Opened the sports section of the AAS this morning to see a nice 6X8 photo of Brady on the front page, good write up as well.

Here's the link:http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberly-qb-on-brand-new-journey-down-familiar-1092007.html

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Opened the sports section of the AAS this morning to see a nice 6X8 photo of Brady on the front page, good write up as well.

Here's the link:http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberly-qb-on-brand-new-journey-down-familiar-1092007.html

He does have command of the field, doesnt he? He makes mistakes, regroups, and comes back with a solution to his mistakes. Thats all you can ask of a QB...of any player, really...never give up or give in, just regroup and counter-attack. I like this kid...a lot! And his parents are really good people too!

Tejastrue
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM

There is also, on the same page, a brief article on Trinity Wilson. Appreciate the Statesman for their continued coverage of the Texans.

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 12:57 PM
There is also, on the same page, a brief article on Trinity Wilson. Appreciate the Statesman for their continued coverage of the Texans.

I dont see it on the webpage...you must mean the paper itself, correct?

Tejastrue
12-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I dont see it on the webpage...you must mean the paper itself, correct?

Sorry wimbo! Yes, from the front page. Here's the link.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/new-texan-off-and-running-1091906.html

rojosgirl
12-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow...I guess I never paid attention. I agree!!! I need to say something to someone! The American Flag would bring a storm of comments...so the Texas flag should too! I'll watch this week!

Thanks! This proud Daughter of the Republic of Texas appreciates your help. Good luck for the game this week!

lbjacj
12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
During the Sweeny game there was pass interference (that was obvious to everyone with Texan homer eyes) on Blakemore that wasn't called.Does anyone know what Brennan said to the ref to get the unsportsmanlike penealty called?

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
During the Sweeny game there was pass interference (that was obvious to everyone with Texan homer eyes) on Blakemore that wasn't called.Does anyone know what Brennan said to the ref to get the unsportsmanlike penealty called?

No, and that was uncharacteristic of him. I am sure he learned from that...you cannot speak to the ref like that, whatever it was he said. I would think it wouldnt have been anything vulgar (I certainly would hope not), but whatever it was...don't do it again!

lbjacj
12-02-2010, 01:51 PM
No, and that was uncharacteristic of him. I am sure he learned from that...you cannot speak to the ref like that, whatever it was he said. I would think it wouldnt have been anything vulgar (I certainly would hope not), but whatever it was...don't do it again!

Yes I was very surprised by that one.Not like him.

rb585
12-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Great pics! The size difference is obvious.

I hadn't noticed all the different types of helmet stickers... Do they mean different things, or did we just run out of the stars?

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 03:02 PM
good point rb585. I also noticed just how young the boys look! I know they are young men...but damn, I must be getting old. They look like kids to me!!!

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I hadn't noticed all the different types of helmet stickers... Do they mean different things, or did we just run out of the stars?

White Stars = Offense
Red Stars = Defense
Texas Stars = I think everybody gets 1 for each win and/or for weekly team awards.

Tejastrue
12-02-2010, 10:28 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Tejastrue
12-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Yea!!! Gameday!!! :cheerl: :clap: :1popcorn: :cheerl: :clap: :1popcorn::cheerl::clap: :1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
It's HHHHeeeeEEEEERrrrrRRRReeeeeee!!!!!!

rojosgirl
12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
HAPPY GAME DAY TO ALL! Good Luck Texans!

Tejastrue
12-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Good pre-game article.

http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_1a181524-fe82-11df-bde4-001cc4c002e0.html

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Good pre-game article.

http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_1a181524-fe82-11df-bde4-001cc4c002e0.html

Very good article. I think the coaches are correct...its probably a "push" when it comes to advantage from previous game(s). To be honest, both teams are different teams now than in October, in terms of performance and execution. It's December...things are different in December. I still say we will handle the Panthers well, but we cannot underestimate them. If we do...we just might be sitting next week. If both teams execute as well as they can, we will come out on top.

ogg
12-03-2010, 01:20 PM
GO Texans!!!!

http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/178911

lbjacj
12-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Very good article. I think the coaches are correct...its probably a "push" when it comes to advantage from previous game(s). To be honest, both teams are different teams now than in October, in terms of performance and execution. It's December...things are different in December. I still say we will handle the Panthers well, but we cannot underestimate them. If we do...we just might be sitting next week. If both teams execute as well as they can, we will come out on top.

I agree that if both teams play to their potential,Wimberley wins by a score of 35-21 or more!
I expect a large crowd for the Texans tonight seeing how close it is.GL to both teams and hope it is injury free for all!

gold_33
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I still think we will beat them, but I also got a strange feeling for some reason today kinda like a flashback of Hondo '06. Where we were all confident and came out firing and it looked like the game was over after the first qtr but we let up and let them back in the game and gave them the momentum and they fed off that and got a lead that was too big to overcome before we decided to turn it back on. You cant take anything for granted in the playoffs, just because you beat a team before doesnt mean jack because if you start looking past an opponent thats when they step up and take you down. We have to come out and play our game for 4qtrs and if we do that I have no doubt we will win but if we let up and get complacent and lose focus then we could be in for a long night. We have to get a lead and take Navarro out of their gameplan and not let them be able to control the clock running the ball. All the talk about who were playing next week and playing Brownwood wont mean squat if we dont win, because you have to win this week to have a next week first. In 05 we played the underdog role and nobody expected us to win and the boys played hard every play til the final whistle blew, in '06 we were the big dogs and found a team that hit back after getting hit in the mouth and we didnt respond well to it until it was too late. Nelms has seen this situation before and I can guarantee you he'll have these guys focused on the task at hand because we all have learned that just bc you're the favorite doesnt mean anything when you play a team thats willing to embrace the underdog role and use that as fuel to step up and take the fight to you. Good luck to both teams tonite, glad to know that either way the Region IV champion will be from District 26!!

SHSBulldog00
12-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Go Texans!!!!!

ogg
12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I still think we will beat them, but I also got a strange feeling for some reason today kinda like a flashback of Hondo '06. Where we were all confident and came out firing and it looked like the game was over after the first qtr but we let up and let them back in the game and gave them the momentum and they fed off that and got a lead that was too big to overcome before we decided to turn it back on. You cant take anything for granted in the playoffs, just because you beat a team before doesnt mean jack because if you start looking past an opponent thats when they step up and take you down. We have to come out and play our game for 4qtrs and if we do that I have no doubt we will win but if we let up and get complacent and lose focus then we could be in for a long night. We have to get a lead and take Navarro out of their gameplan and not let them be able to control the clock running the ball. All the talk about who were playing next week and playing Brownwood wont mean squat if we dont win, because you have to win this week to have a next week first. In 05 we played the underdog role and nobody expected us to win and the boys played hard every play til the final whistle blew, in '06 we were the big dogs and found a team that hit back after getting hit in the mouth and we didnt respond well to it until it was too late. Nelms has seen this situation before and I can guarantee you he'll have these guys focused on the task at hand because we all have learned that just bc you're the favorite doesnt mean anything when you play a team thats willing to embrace the underdog role and use that as fuel to step up and take the fight to you. Good luck to both teams tonite, glad to know that either way the Region IV champion will be from District 26!!

The ball is'nt a sphere so any thing can happen. 06 was a horrible loss. I think we had just come off of that big Cuero game and took Hondo for granted. Buse got hurt in the 1st half and that didn't help either.

Was a long ride home.

Then Hondo got pounded the next week and lost. Ha that's football.

Tejastrue
12-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I know it's always an intelligent move to favor the side of cautiousness but you guys are getting me depressed. I think we had our game of looking past the opponent and it was against Boerne. That game, especially the first half, was the hardest I think I've seen our players get hit the whole season. Maybe it's just me but I can't see the Texans having another game like that, especially against the grit and talent of the Panthers. After the trials and tribulations of this year, there is no way, in my mind, that we lose tonight. Something special about these young men.
GO TEXANS!!!

Wimbo, do you have a prediction??

Tejastrue
12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Let's keep it going Texans!!

Gameday article from The Record:

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x622286757/HS-Football-Wimberley-ready-for-rematch-with-Navarro

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I know it's always an intelligent move to favor the side of cautiousness but you guys are getting me depressed. I think we had our game of looking past the opponent and it was against Boerne. That game, especially the first half, was the hardest I think I've seen our players get hit the whole season. Maybe it's just me but I can't see the Texans having another game like that, especially against the grit and talent of the Panthers. After the trials and tribulations of this year, there is no way, in my mind, that we lose tonight. Something special about these young men.
GO TEXANS!!!

Wimbo, do you have a prediction??

Yes. A late prediction. I think we will have our best game on both sides of the ball and a talented and aggressive Navarro team will not be able to stop us any better than Sealy or Sweeny. We win this one going away.

ogg
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Let's keep it going Texans!!

Gameday article from The Record:

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x622286757/HS-Football-Wimberley-ready-for-rematch-with-Navarro

The "terminator" will be playing tonight, Brennen. Can shutdown an opposing teams momentum faster than a Texas twister.

rb585
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
If we were going to repeat Hondo 06, it would have been last week.

I have the feeling we play really well tonight.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Wimberley with 37 yd. field goal with seconds remaining in the 1st Q. Wimberley 3, Navarro 0.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Wimberley 10, Navarro 0 half.

Falcongrad&Dad
12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
How are you getting your updates? Or are you at the game?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
How are you getting your updates? Or are you at the game? http://www.kwed1580.com/kwed/display/

Falcongrad&Dad
12-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Wimberley scores on 57 yard screen pass...now leads 17-0, 3rd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Navarro needs a score on this drive to get back into the game.

Falcongrad&Dad
12-03-2010, 10:04 PM
They have moved inside the 10.....

Falcongrad&Dad
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
4 and goal from the 5...going for it...

Falcongrad&Dad
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
pass into end zone falls incomplete...turn ball over on downs

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Navarro scores. 17-7 Wimberley.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2010, 10:19 PM
now the 4th down at the 5 yd line, that fg att would had look good

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Navarro turns the ball over on downs at the 15 after a 65 yd drive. 20-7 Wimberley 4th Q.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Wimberley driving down to Navarro 23.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Wimberley with 1st down at the 19.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:37 PM
15 yd td run by Wilson. 2:22 left in the game. Wimberley 27, Navarro 7. (85 yd. scoring drive)

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Wimberley int by Josh gray, returns to Navarro 5. 1st and goal 1:33 left.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:44 PM
5 yd td by Wilson. Wimberley 34, Navarro 7, 1:30 left.

TxChamp
12-03-2010, 10:46 PM
GO TEXANS!!!!! Navarro that's what you get!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TxChamp
GO TEXANS!!!!! Navarro that's what you get!!!! ? :D

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Wimberley kicked off, Navarro runs ball out of endzone, Peyton strips and scores. 40-7 Wimberley 1:23 left.

sinton66
12-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Navarro gets a pride score, 40-14 with 5.2 secs left.

Blastoderm55
12-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Great season Navarro. Wimberley is the real deal. Best of luck in keeping that coach of yours. With a prior history at G-P, I wouldn't doubt seeing Coach Goad's name on the list of applicants to step in for Coach Harris.

lbjacj
12-03-2010, 11:25 PM
What a great game by both teams.Navarro was in the game until the very end.
4 down.2 to go.
Looks like next friday at Floyd Casey in Waco.:clap:

SintonFan
12-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow!

Go Wimberley! Represent Region FOUR!!!:mad: :):evilgrin:

rb585
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Great year for Navarro. They looked much better than in the first game. You could see why they won three playoff games -- kids just playing their butts off every play, especially on D. It was kind of scary until Wimberley got that 4th down stop when it was 20-7.

Also kind of surprised Nelms didn't call victory formation with it 27-7. Wish he had.

CueroDad08
12-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Good Luck Texans......Dont stop now....2 more

rb585
12-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Looks like next friday at Floyd Casey in Waco.:clap: [/B]

Waco??!?!? Seriously?

I just looked up Coldspring on the map, and Waco is an odd neutral site.

Were they trying to find a place as far away from both towns as possible?

ogg
12-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Waco??!?!? Seriously?

I just looked up Coldspring on the map, and Waco is an odd neutral site.

Were they trying to find a place as far away from both towns as possible?

Was hoping for College Station.

gold_33
12-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Great year for Navarro. They looked much better than in the first game. You could see why they won three playoff games -- kids just playing their butts off every play, especially on D. It was kind of scary until Wimberley got that 4th down stop when it was 20-7.

Also kind of surprised Nelms didn't call victory formation with it 27-7. Wish he had.

Why call a victory formation?? Maybe if Navarro would learn to concede defeat with under a min left and down by multiple tds Nelms wouldve but thats both games we played them this year they try to march down on our backups and score!! There is absolutly no reason for that, they made the last 30sec of the game last 15min and for what?? To make it 40-14 instead of 40-7, what good does that do?? I just dont agree with that at all, I understand trying to fight til the end but at some point you just have to realize its over. Navarro showed alot more fight than the first game and my hat goes off to them. They came to play and that didnt suprise me at all, the goalline stop was a back breaker for them and it changed the game. Defense stepped up when they needed to in crucial moments and sealed the game with turnovers. Trinity Wilson was a stud tonite, that kid has gotten better and better every week and he wore down Navarro's D by the 4th qtr. Great job Texans Reg IV champs, and congrats to Navarro on a great season and helping district 26 sweep the region!! 14 down 2 to go!!

ogg
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Why call a victory formation?? Maybe if Navarro would learn to concede defeat with under a min left and down by multiple tds Nelms wouldve but thats both games we played them this year they try to march down on our backups and score!! There is absolutly no reason for that, they made the last 30sec of the game last 15min and for what?? To make it 40-14 instead of 40-7, what good does that do?? I just dont agree with that at all, I understand trying to fight til the end but at some point you just have to realize its over. Navarro showed alot more fight than the first game and my hat goes off to them. They came to play and that didnt suprise me at all, the goalline stop was a back breaker for them and it changed the game. Defense stepped up when they needed to in crucial moments and sealed the game with turnovers. Trinity Wilson was a stud tonite, that kid has gotten better and better every week and he wore down Navarro's D by the 4th qtr. Great job Texans Reg IV champs, and congrats to Navarro on a great season and helping district 26 sweep the region!! 14 down 2 to go!!
I think that final on-side-kick with seconds left kinda summed it up.

gold_33
12-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by ogg
I think that final on-side-kick with seconds left kinda summed it up.

Yeah or the two timeouts they called in the last 30sec plus spiking the ball with 13sec remaining down 5 scores. I just think its tacky and dont see any point in it other than a way to get guys injured. I know Nelms would never do anything like that, win with class, lose with class. The onside was pointless, there was 5sec left, what are you really expecting to do?? And for them to do the same thing in both games this year, once down 42-14 with under 2min to go and today down 40-7 with under a min with our backups in the game, I know makes Nelms irrate.

bag-o-chips
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by TxChamp
GO TEXANS!!!!! Navarro that's what you get!!!!

What Navarro got was to play another week! Not like mtx or bmw or txchamp or whatever. All you Mathis people did was talk smack about rolling Navarro and what did that get you? Oh I remember the lowest offensive output of the year for you guys! 271 yds. The wheels must have went flat on the bmw?

Hats off to Wimberley who will rep D-26 with pride!!! D-26 repped for Region 4 and if anybody was at the game the score was not like the game at all! Wimberley has some stud athletes and will do great Repping Region 4!!! Way to go for Navarro moving up to 3A and breaking school records and making the Final 8 in 3A D2 and one of the Top 12 teams in 3A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ogg
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Yeah or the two timeouts they called in the last 30sec plus spiking the ball with 13sec remaining down 5 scores. I just think its tacky and dont see any point in it other than a way to get guys injured. I know Nelms would never do anything like that, win with class, lose with class. The onside was pointless, there was 5sec left, what are you really expecting to do?? And for them to do the same thing in both games this year, once down 42-14 with under 2min to go and today down 40-7 with under a min with our backups in the game, I know makes Nelms irrate.

+1

bag-o-chips
12-04-2010, 01:12 AM

How about playing 48 minutes? Never quit will go along way for some younger kids. How about great game and move on and rep D-26 and Region 4?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:33 AM
How about playing 48 minutes? Never quit will go along way for some younger kids. How about great game and move on and rep D-26 and Region 4?

Bag-of-chips is correct...play to the final second like you think you can win. I hold nothnig but respect for Navarro...they never,NEVER gave up. I would hope we would do the same. I understand my fellow Texans and their opinions, I just disagree with them when it comes to how Navarro handled themselves. They played the game as it should be played..to the last second.

And the Navarro fans are also correct in this regard...the final score doesnt represent the angst we felt in the fourth quarter. I was concerned....deeply concerned. Yes, we ended up pulling away in good fashion...but they made us earn it. They didnt lay down like we did last year in the Regional finals. They fought like wild panthers....and it worried me. My hat is off to Navarro....you make me proud!!!!

gold_33
12-04-2010, 01:45 AM

I already said great game in an earlier post to Navarro. I dont see any disgrace in just running out the clock when you are down and the game is over, you run simple run plays and if you break one or drive down and score then thats fine. Not run the hook and lateral and trick plays then call timeouts and spike the ball with under a minute to go and the other team has backups in, how does that do anything for your players?? Congrats Navarro proved they can drive down the field and score on the scrubs. Good job, thats something the young guys should be really proud of and should spring board them right into next year. Geez...give me a break, Ive seen Wimberley blowout many teams over the years and Navarro was the only team I've seen do that and they did it twice this year. Im sorry, but like I said earlier I do not agree with it and dont respect the coach for that because the game was over and then to kick an onside when our hands team is our starters and we had to put them back on the field and possibly risk an injury for sumthing that wouldve been meaningless but this is just my opinion. I just always have been taught to show your oppenent respect whether you beat them by 50 or lose by 50, you realize you've been beat the previous 46min of the game and you do your best to run out the clock and shake hands and wish the opposition good luck. I see no difference in if we wouldve got the ball back with a minute to go and we try to score again and air it out, we wouldve been told we were running it up but maybe we were just trying to show the young players not to quit and play for 48 minutes!!! But im done ranting and raving, its over and done with and on to the next game.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:50 AM
I already said great game in an earlier post to Navarro. I dont see any disgrace in just running out the clock when you are down and the game is over, you run simple run plays and if you break one or drive down and score then thats fine. Not run the hook and lateral and trick plays then call timeouts and spike the ball with under a minute to go and the other team has backups in, how does that do anything for your players?? Congrats Navarro proved they can drive down the field and score on the scrubs. Good job, thats something the young guys should be really proud of and should spring board them right into next year. Geez...give me a break, Ive seen Wimberley blowout many teams over the years and Navarro was the only team I've seen do that and they did it twice this year. Im sorry, but like I said earlier I do not agree with it and dont respect the coach for that because the game was over and then to kick an onside when our hands team is our starters and we had to put them back on the field and possibly risk an injury for sumthing that wouldve been meaningless but this is just my opinion. I just always have been taught to show your oppenent respect whether you beat them by 50 or lose by 50, you realize you've been beat the previous 46min of the game and you do your best to run out the clock and shake hands and wish the opposition good luck. I see no difference in if we wouldve got the ball back with a minute to go and we try to score again and air it out, we wouldve been told we were running it up but maybe we were just trying to show the young players not to quit and play for 48 minutes!!! But im done ranting and raving, its over and done with and on to the next game.

Gold33 makes a good point here, despite my previous post. I will give this some thought.

bag-o-chips
12-04-2010, 02:00 AM
And the clock could have been run out with a min. and 30 seconds.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:05 AM

Let's just focus on the incredible season and effort Navarro put out this year. Who would have thought they would have been in the Regional Finals??? I am very impressed with Navarro. What does next year's talent look like?

gold_33
12-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Bag-of-chips is correct...play to the final second like you think you can win. I hold nothnig but respect for Navarro...they never,NEVER gave up. I would hope we would do the same. I understand my fellow Texans and their opinions, I just disagree with them when it comes to how Navarro handled themselves. They played the game as it should be played..to the last second.

And the Navarro fans are also correct in this regard...the final score doesnt represent the angst we felt in the fourth quarter. I was concerned....deeply concerned. Yes, we ended up pulling away in good fashion...but they made us earn it. They didnt lay down like we did last year in the Regional finals. They fought like wild panthers....and it worried me. My hat is off to Navarro....you make me proud!!!!

I totally understand playing til the final whistle blows if you have any chance of winning just like Sealy did this year but they were down 2tds not 5tds. There comes a point where you have to just realize the game is over and a meaningless last second td wont do anything nor would an onside because a comeback is not feasible.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:13 AM
I totally understand playing til the final whistle blows if you have any chance of winning just like Sealy did this year but they were down 2tds not 5tds. There comes a point where you have to just realize the game is over and a meaningless last second td wont do anything nor would an onside because a comeback is not feasible.

All good points...

gold_33
12-04-2010, 02:16 AM

What makes you think that?? What would give you the notion that Navarro's coach wouldnt have used his timeouts he had because he definately used them after we scored so why wouldnt he have used them then only down by 20?? So were we supposed to kneel it and let him call timeouts then kick a fieldgoal?? We were on the 5yd line and we ran right up the middle, we didnt pass it or run anything fancy. Then the td on the kickoff was a crazy fumble that landed right in our guys hands at the 6yd line. But again congrats Navarro, yall had a great season and played a tough game tonite, we look forward to seeing yall again next year in district!!

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 02:18 AM
Bag-o-chips, I've been there and done that. Seniors on any team should want all they can get. Never quit till the end. Come on guys, they will never get this back again. I think I would have done the same thing!! Congrats Navarro. Although the score may not indicate such, this was indeed a very close game!!

gold_33
12-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Bag-o-chips, I've been there and done that. Seniors on any team should want all they can get. Never quit till the end. Come on guys, they will never get this back again. I think I would have done the same thing!! Congrats Navarro. Although the score may not indicate such, this was indeed a very close game!!

Running out the clock when you are down by a margin you cant make up is not quitting, you are acknowledging that you got beat and showing respect for the opponent, it works both ways whether you are the winning or losing team. Do you really think that the kids on the sideline wanted to drag out a game they knew was over and that it was their last football game?? I seriously doubt it but I guess I just dont see things the same way as others, I saw starters in on an onside that coudve been hurt and backups that we may need and play in the next game on the field with a chance of getting injured in a game that was out of reach, thats what I saw but yall think what you want. But ask yourself this could you ever see Nelms have our starters in with us down that much and throwing the ball down the field to score a TD that means nothing at all?? Not in a million years.

sinton66
12-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Congrats to Wimberley and great 1st 3A season by Navarro.

I wouldn't hold anything against Navarro for the last couple minutes of the game. They needed and wanted a "pride" touchdown. Nothing wrong with that at all. Once the game was secured, Wimberley could have subbed to prevent any starters getting injured. Bottom line, all turned out well for both teams.

Get ready for the next one Texans!

Blastoderm55
12-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Running out the clock when you are down by a margin you cant make up is not quitting, you are acknowledging that you got beat and showing respect for the opponent, it works both ways whether you are the winning or losing team. Do you really think that the kids on the sideline wanted to drag out a game they knew was over and that it was their last football game?? I seriously doubt it but I guess I just dont see things the same way as others, I saw starters in on an onside that coudve been hurt and backups that we may need and play in the next game on the field with a chance of getting injured in a game that was out of reach, thats what I saw but yall think what you want. But ask yourself this could you ever see Nelms have our starters in with us down that much and throwing the ball down the field to score a TD that means nothing at all?? Not in a million years.

So, hypothetically speaking, if Brownwood and Wimberley met up in the finals, and by some chance Brownwood built an insurmountable lead late in the game, you'd prefer your coach and players to simply just finish the game by going through the motions rather than try to score?

Seems like a pretty crappy way to end a season, and for many, a high school career.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Awesome showing Navarro!!! Very nice run in your first year at the 3A level.

This will be a great building block for your new 3A program. You set the bar high for the teams that follow. Hat's off 2U!!!!

Best wishes Wimberley. Proven winner, that I know we'd like to become like.

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Congrats to Wimberley and great 1st 3A season by Navarro.

I wouldn't hold anything against Navarro for the last couple minutes of the game. They needed and wanted a "pride" touchdown. Nothing wrong with that at all. Once the game was secured, Wimberley could have subbed to prevent any starters getting injured. Bottom line, all turned out well for both teams.

Get ready for the next one Texans!

There were a lot of subs in on defense for Navarro's final drive and TD.

That was the longest final 2 mins. I can ever recall in a game!!

sinton66
12-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Understood, but according to Gold_33, not all starters were pulled. I don't know, I wasn't there, I only listened on the internet. He may have been making the same point I was, but it didn't sound like it.

TexMike
12-04-2010, 10:24 AM
As a very neutral observer who saw the whole game....the game was much closer than the score indicates. I know that is a cliche but it is true. I do not get to see much football any more below the 4A level so it is rare to see kids going both ways. Many were doing so in this game and while that is a testament to their conditioning and heart, it also makes them susceptible to errors.

Great fan support from both communities nearly filled the stadium. I heard the Hays stadium staff were very surprised by the size of the crowd.

bag-o-chips
12-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I see the points made Gold and I will just agree to disagree. Wimberley you have a Great Staff, Great Kids and are a program that Navarro would like to be in 3A. We have taken a huge step for our program this year!

Like the Boys of Fall video with the Coach telling his team "How do you want to be remembered on your last play of High School Football"? I will always remember John Borman completing a TD pass to Bryan Aguilar just like so many times this year!

I am so proud of Wimberley and Navarro who are in the same district and who swept through Reg 4 and represented D26 so well. They came in #1 & 2 in district and the same place in Region 4.

Go Wimberley and keep Repping D 28 and Region 4 to a State Championship!

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 10:49 AM

I waited till I slept on this before posting again and my position has not changed. Yes I do believe that the kids on the Navarro sideline wanted to drag out a game they knew was over and that it was because it was their last football game. They never quit all year in any game. Why start now in possibly their last game of organized football ever. We also cannot grade other coaches standards or decisions on the field by our own coach Nelms. Everyone in Wimberley and across the state regards him as one of the finest in football today. From what I've seen written about coach Goad is that he is trying to establish the same type of respect and credentials. All indications are that he is headed in the right direction. I had mixed emotions about us running the ball with 90 seconds to go on their five instead of a V-formation but I'm also not going to question it. That was the longest 1 1/2 minutes I can ever recall in a game and 3 touchdowns were scored so after looking back at that, running the ball made a whole lot of sense.

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
The State Semi-Final game will be held at Floyd Casey Stadium on the Baylor University campus on Friday, December 10 at 7:30 pm.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1894464534/High-School-Football-Texans-advance-to-state-semifinals

LHdog
12-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Wimberley has run out of powder-puffs. Next week is the end of the line.

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 11:25 AM

And so it begins...

snaxet
12-04-2010, 12:12 PM

What a slap in the face to a number of fine teams and programs, including Cuero, Sealy, Navarro, Sweeny, and Liberty Hill (losers to Navarro).

bag-o-chips
12-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
What a slap in the face to a number of fine teams and programs, including Cuero, Sealy, Navarro, Sweeny, and Liberty Hill (losers to Navarro).

Very well said! Sour Grapes LH?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 12:16 PM

<<<uncharacteristic of most LH posters>>>

44INAROW
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM

Wow - :eek: :hand:

Hey Wimbo - just curious - so far, who has been the best competition out of the Powder Puffs?

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 12:58 PM
<<<uncharacteristic of most LH posters>>>

We have never claimed nor liked lhdog

gold_33
12-04-2010, 01:09 PM

That was the longest final 2 mins. I can ever recall in a game!!

Yeah, all starters were out for us on D but we probably have the least amount of kids on our team out of any team we've played in the playoffs think we only moved 6 or 7 kids up for playoffs. We do alot of subbing on D throughout the game and not many kids on the roster dont get playing time so the subs that were in there, minus a few, are backups that contribute throughout the game and are valuable. I dont know why we didnt move up more kids for the playoffs like in the years past. We do not have a 2nd string hands team so on the onside kick we have to put the starters in for it and I'd just hate to see a guy get injured with 5sec left in a game thats over. Im as competitive as anyone and would never want a team to quit and for 46min of that game it was a battle but when your down 5tds and theres 30sec left what are you gonna accomplish by scoring. And what if Blakemore or Burtschell, whichever one recovered the onside with 5 sec left had gotten hurt and missed the rest of the playoffs on a play that whether or not they recovered it wouldnt had made a bit of a difference in the game?? Then would everyone have a different opinion on it, how do you think Navarro's coach would have felt if that wouldve happened? These are just my opinions and other Wimberley folks and other posters my agree or disagree and thats their right to, this is my view on it and how I feel. I've been on this board for 5years and hardly ever griped about anything and will be the first to congratulate Navarro on a hard fought game and a great season, I just didnt agree on the ending. But whats done is done its on to the next step which is Coldspring at Floyd Casey!!

gold_33
12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Hey Wimbo - just curious - so far, who has been the best competition out of the Powder Puffs?

Navarro was tough but I still think Cuero was the best team we faced, think Cuero wouldve won the region if they wouldve beat us.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM

I would have to say Cuero.

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, all starters were out for us on D but we probably have the least amount of kids on our team out of any team we've played in the playoffs think we only moved 6 or 7 kids up for playoffs. We do alot of subbing on D throughout the game and not many kids on the roster dont get playing time so the subs that were in there, minus a few, are backups that contribute throughout the game and are valuable. I dont know why we didnt move up more kids for the playoffs like in the years past. We do not have a 2nd string hands team so on the onside kick we have to put the starters in for it and I'd just hate to see a guy get injured with 5sec left in a game thats over. Im as competitive as anyone and would never want a team to quit and for 46min of that game it was a battle but when your down 5tds and theres 30sec left what are you gonna accomplish by scoring. And what if Blakemore or Burtschell, whichever one recovered the onside with 5 sec left had gotten hurt and missed the rest of the playoffs on a play that whether or not they recovered it wouldnt had made a bit of a difference in the game?? Then would everyone have a different opinion on it, how do you think Navarro's coach would have felt if that wouldve happened? These are just my opinions and other Wimberley folks and other posters my agree or disagree and thats their right to, this is my view on it and how I feel. I've been on this board for 5years and hardly ever griped about anything and will be the first to congratulate Navarro on a hard fought game and a great season, I just didnt agree on the ending. But whats done is done its on to the next step which is Coldspring at Floyd Casey!!

Point well taken Gold. I see both sides of it. Doesn't make any of us right or wrong. I agree, the onside kick at the end was pushing it a bit. I will say that I enjoy the comments here from the Wimberley faithful mainly because each indivudal seems to brings something a little different to table. I'm new here and am slowly trying to sit back a bit more and read into what people are saying before sharing my own observation. It's very difficult at times and I think most would agree, especially when someone like LHdog makes comments of that nature. Now, as you said, it's time to focus on the upcoming game with Coldspring. Go Texans!!

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Yes, definitely Cuero.

snaxet
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Navarro came ready to play last night, but more importantly they played their game. In the first half, long drives with no points used up the clock coupled with Wimberley penalties and a number of Wimberley players suffering from the flu bug or virus, made this game closer than what it probably should have been. Coach Nelms made some key decisions to take the 3 points on two occasions rather than try for the 1st down - I suspect it was a combination of respect for Navarro and the virus that took its toll during the week, especially on Brady Lambert. Offense should be back in the groove come Friday. I thought defense really played with intensity when Navarro was in the red zone.

Great season Navarro!!!!! Another exciting week for the Texans of Wimberley.

rb585
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM

We can't have run out of powder-puffs! We haven't even played Liberty Hill!

dirtysouth
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
May have been a little different if each one of these two teams had their horse in the backfield. With the way Wilson has played once he got his bearings it doesnt seem like Wimberley has slowed down a bit on offense. With the way people are making it sound he is different but just as capable at making that offense go. However, there is no doubt that Cuero is a completely different team with Jackson out, understandable so! Hopefully we will all get to see that match-up next year with both teams at full health. Good luck to Wimberley....rep D-26 AAA well!!

TexanAlum_06
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I personally thought we came out as flat as a pancake and didn't start to wake up until the 2nd half. I hope we don't do that again this week because we can't afford to take 2 quarters to get our act together offensively, not this deep in the playoffs. Thats how you get beat and we have to be better than that.

Navarro played a lot better this time around and they are a very good team. With that said, we should have put this game away early in the 2nd half but we let them hang around to make it somewhat interesting. I don't mean any disrespect to Navarro at all, but I know what our offense is capable of and what I saw Saturday night from them was not our standard, in my opinion.

lbjacj
12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I personally thought we came out as flat as a pancake and didn't start to wake up until the 2nd half. I hope we don't do that again this week because we can't afford to take 2 quarters to get our act together offensively, not this deep in the playoffs. Thats how you get beat and we have to be better than that.

Navarro played a lot better this time around and they are a very good team. With that said, we should have put this game away early in the 2nd half but we let them hang around to make it somewhat interesting. I don't mean any disrespect to Navarro at all, but I know what our offense is capable of and what I saw Saturday night from them was not our standard, in my opinion.

Lambert and some others were down with a bug!