PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Monahans .. Region 1 final

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Looking4number8
11-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I say my Lions get the passing game back on track a keep the defense rolling....

Brownwood 52
Monahans 20

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Monahans will eat too much clock for this many points.

RoyceTTU
11-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I think 20 points is too much. If the D can keep up the run stopping, it will allow the DB to jump the ball harder.

Starting players back - 2 LB and 1 DB. Thats huge.

Supposed to be a warmer night so I expect the O to function a little better.

Go LIONS!!!

+ 30

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I think Borgers ground and pound offense was a good preperation on what Manahans will bring next Saturday. They will only be better though. Brownwood D showed they can stop the run last night but will need to be better in San Angelo.

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
All I'm gunna say is you are grossly underestimating monahans. They don't have super stars, they have a team. Teams are hard to beat, much harder to beat than individuals.

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I was not underestimating Monahans. I said "they will be better". I guess the way I said it sounded like Bwood will be better. I do hope Bwood will be better because they will need to be at their run stopping best. Bwoods offense will definately need to be better than they showed last night.

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Oh, and I said Saturday and should have said Friday.

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Did anyone ever hear who is home in this one. Last night they said it had not been determined yet.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
All I'm gunna say is you are grossly underestimating monahans. They don't have super stars, they have a team. Teams are hard to beat, much harder to beat than individuals.

You may be right. Monahans was by far the best run team and best executing team that we've seen all year. They were able to ground and pound with much success, and chew up the clock. Will they be able to do that against Brownwood? Don't know. Yes, Brownwood was able to stop Borger's run oriented offense, but so did four other teams. If Brownwood is able to stop the run, Monahans defense is pretty stingy as well. This one could be a lot closer than many think.

eagleqb_14
11-27-2010, 12:24 PM
hahahahaahhahah:) your cute!!!!!

LoboesWT
11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
The two best teams in 3A DivII out of Region I meeting Friday Night. Priceless!!!! Gotta love highschool football this time of year.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Here is my question. Who has Monahans played with a decent passing game? Oh I am sure they play well at stopping the run and running the ball. Either way, they must be respected for going 13-0. This is Brownwood's chance to prove they are the Elite.

You can guarantee that Brownwood is going to be firing on all cylinders Friday night. Chastain will be back (hasn't played a full game since Sweetwater). You also have to know that the Brownwood coaches will have a bag full of never before seen tricks for good ol' Monahans. Brownwood can stop the run. And I think we have some great coaches still hanging around from the Wood era that know a little about the Wing T. I would put Monahans on the same level as Snyder. If Snyder was 100%, they would have won.

Brownwood rolls.

49-24

Rocket
11-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
The two best teams in 3A DivII out of Region I meeting Friday Night. Priceless!!!! Gotta love highschool football this time of year.

I agree 100%. The most wonderful time of the year!

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT

:thumbsup:
gonna be a GREAT game! i know both teams will be well prepared & it will be a battle to the end! love december football!!!

5wide
11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
lucky bwood is 3a cause a team like denton ryan would mop the floor with ya!!!

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I would put Monahans on the same level as Snyder. If Snyder was 100%, they would have won.

i talked to some folks that were at the snyder/monahans game that said that snyder simply got beat up front...monahans pounding the ball for 9 minute chunks...not really less than 100% snyder is what i'm hearing...just a very well played game by monahans. should be a GREAT game!

STANG RED
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Seems like an awful long trip for Monahans, and pretty short for Bwood. Did they flip for neutral sites? I'm guessing Mon whould have chosen Midland.

I'll pick Bwood, but I dont see them scoring more than 35 again. Mon will eat up too much clock with the running game IMO.
24-34 Bwood.

hollywood
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Monahans and Brownwood. This is the match up I was hoping for. Obviously, Monahans is a very good team. They are a ver well coached team. Their offense is designed to chew up clock and make defenses work hard to make stops. Add a great defense that's able to keep pressure on offenses that can score makes them that much more impressive. For Monahans to keep Snyder to only 6 points is pretty impressive. For Borger to keep Brownwood to only 35 is impressive and showed when a team has a good pass defense in cold weather, Brownwood can be slowed down.

With that said, I like how Monahans and Brownwood match up. I think Brownwood comes in healthier this week and will be firing on all cylinders.

Brownwood's offense against Monahans' D: Monahans has not seen an offense as explosive as Brownwood's, no question. Can they slow Brownwood down, I think so, but it will be very very tough with all the "go to" players Brownwood has. Brownwood will have to execute better this week to keep Monahans on their heels.

Brownwood's defense against Monahans' O: Monahans has played a few good defenses. Brownwood's is very good against the run. Borger had only one successful play and it was a 85 yard kickoff return. I know that Monahans offense is much better than Borger's, but it's going to take Monahans being able to throw more than they have this year to beat Brownwood's run D.

I agree with Royce that the warmer weather expected will allow Brownwood's O to really click with the pass. Cold weather always has an effect on the QB's feel and release. It was the case last night it seemed.

I look for at least a +21 point spread with Brownwood on top.

Brownwood 41
Monahans 13

navajo joe
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
I think Borgers ground and pound offense was a good preperation on what Manahans will bring next Saturday. They will only be better though. Brownwood D showed they can stop the run last night but will need to be better in San Angelo. Monahans offense is six times better than Borger but Borger defense stronger than monahans so monahans has good chance should be close.

navajo joe
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by navajo joe
Monahans offense is six times better than Borger but Borger defense stronger than monahans so monahans has good chance should be close. watch out for Robledo awsome reciever for lobos!

Rocket
11-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
i talked to some folks that were at the snyder/monahans game that said that snyder simply got beat up front...monahans pounding the ball for 9 minute chunks...not really less than 100% snyder is what i'm hearing...just a very well played game by monahans. should be a GREAT game!

Go ahead and pound the ball, Monahans and eat up the clock. But you better score every time.

tex_male
11-27-2010, 02:20 PM
LOL HA HA HA Keep comparing Monahans to Borger.

Fools!

OPERATOR
11-27-2010, 02:23 PM
I will be there supporting Brownwood to kick to dog sheet out of Monahans.

Brownwood 53

Monahans 20

OPERATOR
11-27-2010, 02:28 PM

Snyder,

Wasn't at this game, Defense was trying to love on em' by arm tacking instead of busting their teeth out. I have never been so irritated at a High School game in my life. Monahans wanted it more and time and possession wins the game, just like Celina done to Snyder.

AngeloState39
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
win or lose this should be brownwoods lowest scoring game.

hollywood
11-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by tex_male

Fools!

Lol, I don't think anyone is "comparing" Monahans to Borger. Borger's offense was horrible. We all know Monahans is not Borger.

I will say this, Shipley shut it down after half time. Ran the ball with mostly vanilla plays for the last 24 minutes on the clock.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 04:09 PM

Fools!

Nobody is comparing Monahans to Borger. BUT, you do run the ball most of the time and Brownwood will stop the run. Brownwood has a very physical defense. We won't patty cake ya, we will bust your teeth out.

And then you give us the ball...and it just gets scary from there... :D

Good luck, Monahans...you are gonna need it.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
win or lose this should be brownwoods lowest scoring game.

I highly disagree. If Monahans doesn't score in it's first 2 possessions, Brownwood will utterly destroy them. Mark it down.

hollywood
11-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I highly disagree. If Monahans doesn't score in it's first 2 possessions, Brownwood will utterly destroy them. Mark it down.

I couldn't agree more Rocket. I think everyone will be very surprised Friday night at the level the Lions will be playing. Last night was a vanilla version and look at the outcome.

Tres Lobos
11-27-2010, 04:24 PM

hahaha I really doubt Brownwood is going to utterly destroy Monahans. Monahans WILL move the ball on Brownwood. The Loboes will beable to make a few stops. It all will depend on how many stops they can get, because Brownwood will get their points. This game should be in the mid 30's.

Monahans 38
Brownwood 35

Rocket
11-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Name one team Monahans has beaten that is worth a crap. Please!!! Somebody! haha

Rocket
11-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
hahaha I really doubt Brownwood is going to utterly destroy Monahans. Monahans WILL move the ball on Brownwood. The Loboes will beable to make a few stops. It all will depend on how many stops they can get, because Brownwood will get their points. This game should be in the mid 30's.

Monahans 38
Brownwood 35

Wow. You are very unrealistic. What makes Monahans so battle tested to say they are going to slow down Brownwood? Or score 35? LOL

You are not giving Brownwood's defense any credit? Not a good idea.

hollywood
11-27-2010, 04:41 PM

Monahans 38
Brownwood 35

Monahans will not score more than 3 Td's unless they can throw the ball very well on Brownwood's D.

LionFan72
11-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Best I can say, is Loboes, better cinch up those panties, and buckle up them bras unless you wanna lose them, cause you fixin to get juked and slammed outta them.

Brownwood 49 - loblows 14:) :inlove:

Next!

LIONS#1
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM
I will say Brownwood will show up in full force with all the weapons at their disposal this Friday. Against Borger we played pretty conservatively and I think it was due to the fact that scouts were in the stands..LOL. Good poker players don't show their whole hand against a 35 point underdog. Monahans is a very strong team however I think the best Defense we have faced was Stephenville and I can't imagine Monahans having a better "D" than th'ville. The best "O" we have faced is Bridgeport and they throw the ball a bunch. Honestly I think we win this one by 21.

Brownwood 42 Monahans 21

LIONS#1
11-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 5wide

LOL nobody payin any attention to ya 5wide? Ryan is good this year and we will N_E_V_E_R know witch team is better because........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................Wait for

it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

wait

for

it

not

yet

NOW

They don't play eachother..LMAO:cool: so talk all U want to we are concentrating on MONAHANS in this thread...genius:wave:

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 06:07 PM

you are a non-factor goober! but, since you brought it up...good thing you're in 4a because a team like euless trinity would mop the floor with ya!!! :D

5wide
11-27-2010, 06:34 PM
haha yes..... i just like to get you guys riled up. Its funny!!

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 06:51 PM
december football is always fun...oh wait, you said funny...oh well, haha...GO LIONS
:cheerl:

navajo joe
11-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Monahans will not score more than 3 Td's unless they can throw the ball very well on Brownwood's D. i promise you they can throw so keep your eyes on Robledo he can catch!

RoyceTTU
11-27-2010, 07:19 PM
i promise you they can throw so keep your eyes on Robledo he can catch!

I hope Robledo keeps an eye on our Defensive Backs. They've been known to come up with the pick 6 on frequent occasions.

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
. Against Borger we played pretty conservatively and I think it was due to the fact that scouts were in the stands..LOL. Good poker players don't show their whole hand against a 35 point underdog.

Brownwood 42 Monahans 21
It tickles me all the excuses BW makes against Borger..You scored 4 offense of TD's..You had an off night.Cant ever give the oppossing tem credit...Borger was better than you thought and your O is stoppable maybe not on every possesion.You scored 35 on Borger and if Borger had an O That score wouldve been less..Monahans has the same D as Borger if not better but our O can move the ball,chew up the clock and score..If you think all the Loboes can do is run thats good bc that little 130 yrds passing avg a game will keep the chains moving and the clock running..We have nothing to lose or prove anymore.Every week we line up against the bigger,faster and stronger team.Nothing new to the Loboes!!

navajo joe
11-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Monahans 38
Brownwood 35 I can tell you monahans is going to be the toughest challenge Brownwood will face this year , I have to go with MONAHANS on this one GO LOBOS SEMINOLE IS SUPPORTING and Navajo Joe will be there to watch this live.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 07:31 PM
i promise you they can throw so keep your eyes on Robledo he can catch!

I think Brownwood can throw too... not real sure. I think they are ok at it though.:rolleyes:

Rocket
11-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
It tickles me all the excuses BW makes against Borger..You scored 4 offense of TD's..You had an off night.Cant ever give the oppossing tem credit...Borger was better than you thought and your O is stoppable maybe not on every possesion.You scored 35 on Borger and if Borger had an O That score wouldve been less..Monahans has the same D as Borger if not better but our O can move the ball,chew up the clock and score..If you think all the Loboes can do is run thats good bc that little 130 yrds passing avg a game will keep the chains moving and the clock running..We have nothing to lose or prove anymore.Every week we line up against the bigger,faster and stronger team.Nothing new to the Loboes!!

You will have a new respect for the Lions in less than a week. If? We don't play with if's. And your schedule is comical. Tell me what you thought about Graham last season. Well, Brownwood is 10x the team they are. There ya go, have some persepctive with that crazy thinking of yours...

Your O can move the ball? on who? Seminole? or was it Borger? Or Snyder? or one of those Clint teams? You are making me laugh.

I am curious. How did Borger score against Monahans? They didn't cross the 50 against us.

Here ya go... 61-20... If you thought Snyder was good...chew on that for a bit.

navajo joe
11-27-2010, 07:39 PM
You will have a new respect for the Lions in less than a week. If? We don't play with if's. And your schedule is comical. Tell me what you thought about Graham last season. Well, Brownwood is 10x the team they are. There ya go, have some persepctive with that crazy thinking of yours...

Here ya go... 61-20... If you thought Snyder was good...chew on that for a bit. Hey rocket its all fun , stop by and visit me in seminole sometime on your way through from New Mexico i would like to meet the famous rocket . if it wasnt for fans like us high school football would not be as fun.

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey rocket its all fun , stop by and visit me in seminole sometime on your way through from New Mexico i would like to meet the famous rocket . if it wasnt for fans like us high school football would not be as fun.

:thumbsup: AMEN!

Rocket
11-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey rocket its all fun , stop by and visit me in seminole sometime on your way through from New Mexico i would like to meet the famous rocket . if it wasnt for fans like us high school football would not be as fun.

I will. I go through there all the time. haha

Rocket
11-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I was just wondering...does Monahans have one of these?

1. Malcolm Brown (6-1, 220, 4.5) RB, Cibolo Steele - COMMITTED TO TEXAS
2. Jaxon Shipley (6-2, 185, 4.45) WR, Brownwood - COMMITTED TO TEXAS

91 lion
11-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't see Brownwood being held to less 40....and I don't see Monohans scoring more than 20.

So......
Brownwood 41
Monohans 19

AngeloState39
11-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I highly disagree. If Monahans doesn't score in it's first 2 possessions, Brownwood will utterly destroy them. Mark it down. because they dont score on their first two possessions yall will blow them out? you do know that in this day and age teams play four quarters right? what im saying is that even if monahans doesnt move the ball well (which they very well could) they'll eat up the clock and keep the ball away from brownwood. this wont be a 60+ game from brownwood like they have done in the past. there's going to be alot less possesions this game then maybe anyother browwood has played this year. im looking forward to this one.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
because they dont score on their first two possessions yall will blow them out? you do know that in this day and age teams play four quarters right? what im saying is that even if monahans doesnt move the ball well (which they very well could) they'll eat up the clock and keep the ball away from brownwood. this wont be a 60+ game from brownwood like they have done in the past. there's going to be alot less possesions this game then maybe anyother browwood has played this year. im looking forward to this one.

If Monahans gets down 14, are they still going to chew that clock up? Brownwood is great at getting teams out of their gameplan and into desperation mode. It gets very ugly after that. Ask Snyder.

Monahans may have the best chance at ACTUALLY chewing clock and scoring. But we have heard that crap from all kinds of teams this season. Hasn't worked out so well for them.

Just make sure you are here on Saturday. I am gonna throw some crow on the old grill...hope you like feathers with that, cuz I am leaving them on...

5wide
11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
rocket were you a third stringer or waterboy?? Just curious...;) haha

Rocket
11-27-2010, 08:53 PM
rocket were you a third stringer or waterboy?? Just curious...;) haha

:rolleyes: Here we go again... can't smack talk so they try to go after my atheltic history. Let's just put it this way, I am a better athlete than you will ever be.

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Monahans can throw when they aren't FORCED to throw. When you are one-dimensional, you better hope and pray that 1 dimension works. If it doesn't, you lose. If run game is working, you can suck up the D and hit the big plays every now and then. Monahans must stay close early to "believe" in themselves. Brownwood is very good at punching you in the nose early, but the key for monahans will be to keep fighting like they did Snyder.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM
DUH DUH DUUUUHHHH... THE 21 POINT BLACK HOLE OF DEATH. We have seen many a team fall into it this season. Then they just resort to diry play tactics, cuz they are frustrated and there isn't a thing they can do to change it.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2009/11/falling_into_a_black_hole_suck/dec07_1_10.gif

5wide
11-27-2010, 08:58 PM
:rolleyes: Here we go again... can't smack talk so they try to go after my atheltic history. Let's just put it this way, I am a better athlete than you will ever be.

haha...what did you play...PAT holder?? No wait..deep snapper?? lol

Rocket
11-27-2010, 08:58 PM
haha...what did you play...PAT holder?? No wait..deep snapper?? lol

I played "smack talk you so hard you can't even think of anything to say"...

5wide
11-27-2010, 09:04 PM
I played "smack talk you so hard you can't even think of anything to say"...

ha no you didn't...thanks for proving my point!

Rocket
11-27-2010, 09:05 PM
ha no you didn't...thanks for proving my point!

What is your point?

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2010, 09:19 PM
. And your schedule is comical.
Your O can move the ball? on who? Seminole? or was it Borger? Or Snyder? or one of those Clint teams? You are making me laugh.
We dont have to run up scores and put up 60 points on everyone to get some waterboy posters to brag about us.A wins a win..:D

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I did not realize that a proven atheletic career was required to state an opinion on this forum.:confused:

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I play golf so my opinion can't count lol

91 lion
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
I did not realize that a proven atheletic career was required to state an opinion on this forum.:confused:

It's not required.....well, not required most of us.....the meat-heads are excluded.....
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 09:32 PM

Me neither!!

Maybe I got a pass because I am a moderator??:confused:

My husband walked on at Texas Tech way back in the day....so maybe I am guilty by association and that makes it okay!!!

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I played at Brownwood up until my sophmore year (5' 2" 110# tailback, I decided my health was a little more important) while Gorden Wood was still going strong. I do know a little about the game and have followed HS football ever since. Just Saying.

ccmom
11-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I play golf so my opinion can't count lol Nah...your golfing has nothing to do with it. :devil: :D

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, I have seen Brownwood play twice now, and I am less impressed than the first time. This awesome defense they brag about is very simply an average 3A defense that can be scored on easily for someone that can run and pass.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me neither!!

Maybe I got a pass because I am a moderator??:confused:

My husband walked on at Texas Tech way back in the day....so maybe I am guilty by association and that makes it okay!!!
You ran track! :D

91 lion
11-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Well, I have seen Brownwood play twice now, and I am less impressed than the first time. This awesome defense they brag about is very simply an average 3A defense that can be scored on easily for someone that can run and pass.

BlackAttack....who is your team again?

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 09:43 PM

Oh boy! We better hope for Carthage then! I'm scared...

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 09:46 PM

I dont think anyone said they can not be scored on. IMO, no body they have played has been able to match them for 4 quarters. That is a fact. Monahans will have to control the clock and keep Brownwoods offense off the field to win the game.

Brownwood 38
Monahans 24

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You ran track! :D

That I did.....and I was actually quite fast too!!!

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh boy! We better hope for Carthage then! I'm scared...

You know what they say. You don't have to scared to get your a$$ whipped.

91 lion
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
You know what they say. You don't have to scared to get your a$$ whipped.

still not sure who ur team is?

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 09:57 PM
You better get some help!!! The butt kicking is coming from the west. And if monahans beats us, it would be WAY west lol

Bullbatt
11-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Since Brownwood is east of Monahans, is Brownwood a fast East Texas team this week? lol

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 10:01 PM
I can promise you we are faster than monahans. But I'm not sure if it is a geographical phenom lol

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
You better get some help!!! The butt kicking is coming from the west. And if monahans beats us, it would be WAY west lol

I've seen your "unbeatable" team twice, and trust me neither team left in region 2 needs any help.

God forbid it is cold for the game, we would hate it if your QB couldn't get a good feel for the ball and you had an excuse. Sure seem to come up with a lot of them.

I know this for sure. Whoever started any of the nonsense about this being the best team ever in 3A should be slapped. That's an insult to the really great teams.

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry if your team isn't getting the love you want. It's ok really, y'all have a good team. Don't hate Brownwood for being good. Just beat Carthage first. I can tell you are getting nervous about this time of year bc your posts are getting more personal and your posts are "your team isn't good even though you are 13-0 and beating teams 65-14." Just relax and breathe. Maybe argyle will get the chance to beat Brownwood. I don't care about y'all enough to come watch. I just want to beat monahans

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry if your team isn't getting the love you want. It's ok really, y'all have a good team. Don't hate Brownwood for being good. Just beat Carthage first. I can tell you are getting nervous about this time of year bc your posts are getting more personal and your posts are "your team isn't good even though you are 13-0 and beating teams 65-14." Just relax and breathe. Maybe argyle will get the chance to beat Brownwood. I don't care about y'all enough to come watch. I just want to beat monahans

That's where your wrong. I was nervous before I watched you play, certainly not after.

BEAST
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
How about this Black Attack, not only will we beat Monahans, we will also beat Argyle after that slap the crap out of Carthage. Then, whoever comes out of 3 & 4 will slapped around as well. We've been without 4 starters since Wylie basically. They will all be back Friday. Game on.

BEAST

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
How about this Black Attack, not only will we beat Monahans, we will also beat Argyle after that slap the crap out of Carthage. Then, whoever comes out of 3 & 4 will slapped around as well. We've been without 4 starters since Wylie basically. They will all be back Friday. Game on.

BEAST

Good Luck:clap:

91 lion
11-27-2010, 10:26 PM
That's where your wrong. I was nervous before I watched you play, certainly not after.

Guys....I finally figured out the riddle:

What's worse than an "East Texas Homer"........a "West Texas Homer" that just beat an "East Texas POSER".....and are thumping their chest about it!

.......Ding, ding, ding.......Black Attack is our Winner!!!!:doh: :hand: :doh: :hand:

5wide
11-27-2010, 10:29 PM
What is your point?

make sure shipley gets enough water next game!! He'll need it!

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Guys....I finally figured out the riddle:

What's worse than an "East Texas Homer"........a "West Texas Homer" that just beat an "East Texas POSER".....and are thumping their chest about it!

.......Ding, ding, ding.......Black Attack is our Winner!!!!:doh: :hand: :doh: :hand:

Far as I know we aren't West Texas. That would be you out there playing all those pretenders.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I've seen your "unbeatable" team twice, and trust me neither team left in region 2 needs any help.

God forbid it is cold for the game, we would hate it if your QB couldn't get a good feel for the ball and you had an excuse. Sure seem to come up with a lot of them.

I know this for sure. Whoever started any of the nonsense about this being the best team ever in 3A should be slapped. That's an insult to the really great teams.

We never said they were. We said they have the makings for it. And we shall see when it is all said and done. If your "team" gets treated just like all the rest, or heck, Carthage may beat the snot out of Argyle..I know Brownwood is way better than Sanger.:rolleyes:

Rocket
11-27-2010, 10:48 PM
make sure shipley gets enough water next game!! He'll need it!

Oh I know he will...those 80 yard BOMBS can take it out of ya...

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 10:54 PM
We never said they were. We said they have the makings for it. And we shall see when it is all said and done. If your "team" gets treated just like all the rest, or heck, Carthage may beat the snot out of Argyle..I know Brownwood is way better than Sanger.:rolleyes:

:thinking: Maybe you should go back and read some of your ridiculous comments.

As for Sanger.....like I said, it was cold, our QB couldn't get a good feel for the ball, we were off, we had three starters out.....sound familiar. Carthage may very well beat us to death, but it won't be BW.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Haha...funny how you change your tune. I am about to go get all the quotes you were saying about how good Brownwood is. You are a poser.

You look like Mickey after Clubber Lang called Balboa out. All scared and upset cuz Mickey knew in his heart of hearts what Clubber was gonna do...CLOBBER his boy.

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 10:58 PM
It doesn't sound familiar because we won by 29 :taunt: :taunt:

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Haha...funny how you change your tune. I am about to go get all the quotes you were saying about how good Brownwood is. You are a poser.

You look like Mickey after Clubber Lang called Balboa out. All scared and upset cuz Mickey knew in his heart of hearts what Clubber was gonna do...CLOBBER his boy.

WTH are you even talking about? You're posts get so ridiculous that I am not even sure you understand them.

Oh no....don't go get my posts.:kiss: BW's offense has always had my praise, but that defense is another story.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 11:02 PM
:thinking: Maybe you should go back and read some of your ridiculous comments.

As for Sanger.....like I said, it was cold, our QB couldn't get a good feel for the ball, we were off, we had three starters out.....sound familiar. Carthage may very well beat us to death, but it won't be BW.

If it isn't Carthage, it will be Brownwood. You are in straight up denial. Hey all Brownwood Lions. Argyle's coach called you nothing but hype and this BLACK ATTACK thinks you suck. Pray that Argyle wins so you can show them what the hype was about all along...

Rocket
11-27-2010, 11:02 PM
*** are you even talking about? You're posts get so ridiculous that I am not even sure you understand them.

Oh no....don't go get my posts.:kiss: BW's offense has always had my praise, but that defense is another story.

I feel a video coming on...

What about the defense last night? Did you notice how Borger never crossed the 50? LOL

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:03 PM
It doesn't sound familiar because we won by 29 :taunt: :taunt:

Against who.......:rolleyes:

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:03 PM

even stupider, but expected:rolleyes:

Rocket
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Against who.......:rolleyes:

Against anybody apparently...

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM

What about the defense last night? Did you notice how Borger never crossed the 50? LOL

Yeah, I noticed that perrenial powerhouse Borger who's coach ran straight up the middle 40 times never crossed the 50. Congratrulations:clap:

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not gunna research it enough to find out, but I bet there is not one single team that has scored their season average in points per game against Brownwood this year. Probably not even close.

Our defense stinks. :rolleyes:

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not gunna research it enough to find out, but I bet there is not one single team that has scored their season average in points per game against Brownwood this year. Probably not even close.

Our defense stinks. :rolleyes:

OK, enjoy yourself

Rocket
OK, enjoy yourself

And he is done...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

91 lion
Far as I know we aren't West Texas. That would be you out there playing all those pretenders.

You may think you fit into the "fast East Texas crowd"....but you don't....I hate to burst your bubble.....you closer to the Grahams and Bridgeports of the world than you are Carthage and Henderson.

Quit being a wannabe.....and represent the stripes you were given!

Rocket
11-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I noticed that perrenial powerhouse Borger who's coach ran straight up the middle 40 times never crossed the 50. Congratrulations:clap:

Wait a minute...that's Panhandle football! And they tried to do more than that. Nothing worked. I liked when they ran up the middle and the ball popped out 20 yards down the field into Longoria's hands for a Pick 6. :rolleyes:

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
You may think you fit into the "fast East Texas crowd"....but you don't....I hate to burst your bubble.....you closer to the Grahams and Bridgeports of the world than you are Carthage and Henderson.

Quit being a wannabe.....and represent the stripes you were given!

Far as I know Gilmer beat Henderson.

So, if we are that far away from East Texas, where does that put you?

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Wait a minute...that's Panhandle football! And they tried to do more than that. Nothing worked. I liked when they ran up the middle and the ball popped out 20 yards down the field into Longoria's hands for a Pick 6. :rolleyes:

You are correct. My apologies. 5 passes from an awful QB.

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Back to Brownwood vs Monahans

Black Attack you will be dealt with at a later junction

91 lion
11-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Far as I know Gilmer beat Henderson.

So, if we are that far away from East Texas, where does that put you?

We are proud of being a "West Texas Team"........with speed, I might add..

You, on the other hand, are confused....let me give you a little lesson.....if you are west of the 35 corridor, to them (East Texas Homers) you are West Texas.....

Again......go to rehab and come out of this wannabe denial stage that you are in....we don't like you, but we will claim you.

Rocket
11-27-2010, 11:35 PM
You are correct. My apologies. 5 passes from an awful QB.

Agreed. And Brownwood did what any good defense would do. They didn't let them cross the 50 and they had a Pick 6. Mission accomplished. 10/4. Over and out...

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 11:42 PM
even stupider....

isn't this a brownwood/monahans thread...and i think its "even more stupid"...just sayin' :D

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2010, 11:44 PM
isn't this a brownwood/monahans thread...and i think its "even more stupid"...just sayin' :D
+1 Give us Monahans Fans a chance to talk smack:D

Rocket
11-27-2010, 11:45 PM

The floor is yours...

91 lion
11-27-2010, 11:48 PM

you are totally right M-town. we all know that you have a quality team that will give us all that we can handle. i expect a good game.....

....but with that said, we cant ignore dill-weeds like B-attack, when they spew from the mouth!

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2010, 11:59 PM
The floor is yours...
Thanks Rocket Its an Honor coming from you :D Let me give this a try.Let me get it started again:D I hope Brownwood brings 9,000 fans.The more they bring the more will be going home crying:D

BLACK ATTACK
11-27-2010, 11:59 PM
you are totally right M-town. we all know that you have a quality team that will give us all that we can handle. i expect a good game.....

....but with that said, we cant ignore dill-weeds like B-attack, when they spew from the mouth!

Wow.....name calling now. You are the man, cool guy! LMAO

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Agreed. And Brownwood did what any good defense would do. They didn't let them cross the 50 and they had a Pick 6. Mission accomplished. 10/4. Over and out...

Yep, that was quite an accomplishment.:eek:

91 lion
11-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Wow.....name calling now. You are the man, cool guy! LMAO

Not aimed directly at you.....just at folks that seem to go off on tangents like the one you are on tonite.

No disrespect....you know we love all of our West Texas brothers....no matter how annoying they are...are how much in denial they may be.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Yep, that was quite an accomplishment.:eek:

Monahans let them score 15! Can you believe that BA? 15???? hahahaha

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM

That is probably not a good sign for Monahans. Because their offense was simply awful. If they gave up 15 to Borger, that equals at least 45 for you guys.

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah we did but at the time they were 2-3.We were 4-0.We underestimated them and took them lightly.I'll be the 1st to admit we almost got whooped...If we was to play them now in the playoff.We would beat them atleast 35-0:D

Rocket
11-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah we did but at the time they were 2-3.We were 4-0.We underestimated them and took them lightly.I'll be the 1st to admit we almost got whooped...If we was to play them now in the playoff.We would beat them atleast 35-0:D

Um...I don't think so. Their defense is salty and you know it. Their offense stinketh.

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Not aimed directly at you.....just at folks that seem to go off on tangents like the one you are on tonite.

No disrespect....you know we love all of our West Texas brothers....no matter how annoying they are...are how much in denial they may be.

Ain't on no tangent dude, just calling it like I see it. I simply said that your defense is average and a team that can run and pass can score on it. Can people outscore you guys when......it's not cold, 3 starters aren't hurt, and the QB can feel the ball well? Man, I just don't know.

Look, is Brownwood very good? Absolutely! Just not as good as I thought they would be after listening to all of ya'll all season. Can they win state? Absolutely! But, it is not the foregone conclusion that you guys have made it out to be.

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Um...I don't think so. Their defense is salty and you know it. Their offense stinketh.

Holy Crap!! Am I actually going to agree with Rocket? Get a rope.....

Rocket
11-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Ain't on no tangent dude, just calling it like I see it. I simply said that your defense is average and a team that can run and pass can score on it. Can people outscore you guys when......it's not cold, 3 starters aren't hurt, and the QB can feel the ball well? Man, I just don't know.

Look, is Brownwood very good? Absolutely! Just not as good as I thought they would be after listening to all of ya'll all season. Can they win state? Absolutely! But, it is not the foregone conclusion that you guys have made it out to be.

I don't understand why you are saying our defense isn't good enough? All they have to be is good enough to make 4 Stops a game. That is all the offense needs. You are a fool if you don't think Brownwood's defense is good enough to get 4 stops a game.

91 lion
11-28-2010, 12:29 AM

That's fair....I guess time will tell.

Good luck to you guys this week.

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 12:30 AM
I don't understand why you are saying our defense isn't good enough? All they have to be is good enough to make 4 Stops a game. That is all the offense needs. You are a fool if you don't think Brownwood's defense is good enough to get 4 stops a game.

Boy, that agreeing part didn't last long. First of all, I ain't no fool. I've seen you play, there isn't any more proof needed than that. I think there are a couple of offense left that you can't stop 4 times.

By the way, how many times did Borger's D, stop your offense. Remind me, I've forgotten.

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Boy, that agreeing part didn't last long. First of all, I ain't no fool. I've seen you play, there isn't any more proof needed than that. I think there are a couple of offense left that you can't stop 4 times.

By the way, how many times did Borger's D, stop your offense. Remind me, I've forgotten.
Dont you know who you are talking too?Nobody stops Brownwood.Brownwoodcan only beat Brownwood:D

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
That's fair....I guess time will tell.

Good luck to you guys this week.

Absolutely it will. Good luck to the Lions, as well. After all, if ya'll go out and beat everyone to death, what I think don't matter. I think you guys roll Monahans. Our path may be quite a bit trickier.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:03 AM

You are using the Borger game to make judgments on Brownwood all season? Let's judge Argyle's whole season on the Sanger game. Based on Argyle-Sanger, Brownwood will murder Argyle. Get my drift?

What's going on here? It's like I'm babysitting my sister's kids. :rolleyes:

Question: what did you think about that punishing block one of our WRs threw on that Borger defender? Last week, Chastain threw a monstrous block on a Bridgeport defender. I hope that kid is ok.

GR Tiger_14
11-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Man all you fools on here are nuts. Especially Rocket. I agree on one thing Rocket, your record and schedule does show your a good team. But You talk about how "comical" Monahans schedule was this year, now your record and ways you played during the year win or lose, does not matter that much. Sure going into a playoff game and your 13-0 does show you took care of business throughout the year, but it means nothing and does not effect the outcome of that playoff game. Everyone thinks if you have a weak schedule then you are weak. I'm calling bullcrap on that my friend. I have seen teams, actually been apart of one, that lost 3 straight and then won 10 in a row right after that, all against weak teams then travel 4 rounds deep in playoffs. Whats that you say? We shouldnt go far or win in playoffs against good teams because we played weak ones? No. That is wrong. Teams week by week get better with wins and losses. I would rather a team lose 2 or 3 early in the season to learn what it is like and to get better. So what if Monahans played weak teams, all that matters is how they perform on this upcoming night. In football, especially high school, it's not the best overall record team with the toughest schedule that wins, the winner is the team that got everything together and fought their butts off on that particular night. I am not saying BW is gonna lose but I am saying anything can happen. Never underestimate any team regardless of their record. This next game, its gonna be Monahans vs. Brownwood, Week 0. Records are Monahans (0-0) and Brownwood (0-0). Gonna be a good game. :1popcorn:

BLACK ATTACK
11-28-2010, 02:26 AM
You are using the Borger game to make judgments on Brownwood all season? Let's judge Argyle's whole season on the Sanger game. Based on Argyle-Sanger, Brownwood will murder Argyle. Get my drift?

What's going on here? It's like I'm babysitting my sister's kids. :rolleyes:

Question: what did you think about that punishing block one of our WRs threw on that Borger defender? Last week, Chastain threw a monstrous block on a Bridgeport defender. I hope that kid is ok.

No, I've seen BW play twice, and their defense remains equally unimpressive. Sanger, what do you know about Sanger? Well, nothing except they got throttled by Celina. You guys would beat Sanger, of course, but Evans would have a field day against your defense. You only have one secondary guy that can cover one on one worth a flip. Get my drift?
Answer: So what....there are blind side shots like that in every game....big deal. What else you got.

I am curious though. With all your vast knowledge about football and offensive and defensive schemes. What position did you play exactly?

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Argyle's coach called you nothing but hype and this BLACK ATTACK thinks you suck. Pray that Argyle wins so you can show them what the hype was about all along...
Where's the proof? You better have a link to back it up!

Rocket
11-28-2010, 09:03 AM
No, I've seen BW play twice, and their defense remains equally unimpressive. Sanger, what do you know about Sanger? Well, nothing except they got throttled by Celina. You guys would beat Sanger, of course, but Evans would have a field day against your defense. You only have one secondary guy that can cover one on one worth a flip. Get my drift?
Answer: So what....there are blind side shots like that in every game....big deal. What else you got.

I am curious though. With all your vast knowledge about football and offensive and defensive schemes. What position did you play exactly?

Lol I'm not going to explain my football experience again. Let's just say I was paid to learn it and know it on some level. I am no football genius, but been around it my whole life.

And no, there are not blind side blocks of that magnitude in every game.

Ok good. Here is my point about Sanger. They exposed Argyle's inability to cover the spread.
Sure, y'all beat LL, but we all know the injuries that happened that game and Henderson exposed them last week.

Any time a 3A plays a good spread team, they will give up some points because of all the one dimensional run teams throughout 3A. Bridgeport and All Saints are the only 2 pure spreads we have played in 13 games. Our Free Safety, Chastain didn't play Friday. Shipley, McShan, and Vacarro all rotate at CB, and Longoria can cover as well. We are good enough on defense to cause any team problems, trust me on that.

It doesn't really matter. Like you said, we will have to wait and see. Anything can happen and I love our chances.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 09:04 AM

Working on it and when I get it, I'll have some fun with it.

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 09:22 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argyle's coach called you nothing but hype and this BLACK ATTACK thinks you suck. Pray that Argyle wins so you can show them what the hype was about all along...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on it and when I get it, I'll have some fun with it.

It was not Argyle's coach that said it but a guest in an interview at halftime of the Gilmer game.

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=Sportsgram9&recordid=15569&event_position=&event_type=football

Rocket
11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up on who made those asinine comments. Good to hear it wasn't the head coach. That would have been bulletin board suicide.

43 Turnovers (29 interceptions, 14 fumbles)
This is Brownwood's Defensive Turnover count.

What about Argyle's?

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up on who made those asinine comments. Good to hear it wasn't the head coach. That would have been bulletin board suicide.

What about Argyle's?

Sure thing Rocket. Carry on with the chaos.

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Monahans posters, who is the best passing team you have played? Who is the best individual player you have played? And who had the best defense you played?

Pendragon13
11-28-2010, 10:46 AM

Our defense stinks. :rolleyes: A big part of having a good defense is having an offense that can dig a big hole for the opponent really quickly. It's easier to defend a running team that is forced to toss the rock, or even a passing team that abandons the run. Wylie's first team D last year didn't allow a single TD (including 4A schools) until we played Graham...and that was because the offense fumbled the ball away before we could build up a quick lead.

Having said that, I think BW's defense is good enough to stop or at least slow down any 3A offense well enough to win against anyone they'll face this year. Also, #8 is the real deal...and I'm not sure there is a DB out there that can cover him without help.

Louie13
11-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Lol, I don't think anyone is "comparing" Monahans to Borger. Borger's offense was horrible. We all know Monahans is not Borger.

I will say this, Shipley shut it down after half time. Ran the ball with mostly vanilla plays for the last 24 minutes on the clock.

I agree--we had the game won at half-time. This time of the yr, there is more to winning a game than continuing to run up and down scoring. (Oh Hollywood, btw, I'm not addressing you with that comment, but the Bwd opponents who think we have fallen on "hard times." :cool:

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 11:49 AM
That I did.....and I was actually quite fast too!!!

That is what all the boys said!

hollywood
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
I agree--we had the game won at half-time. This time of the yr, there is more to winning a game than continuing to run up and down scoring. (Oh Hollywood, btw, I'm not addressing you with that comment, but the Bwd opponents who think we have fallen on "hard times." :cool:

;) We're on the same page. Brownwood is not trying to impress. Just tryin to get the job done as the coaches see it and working towards to MO!

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM

What about Argyle's?

That really is a pretty impressive stat.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
That would have been bulletin board suicide.
We like to call it "ejection" on here. :dispntd: :dispntd:

Matthew328
11-28-2010, 12:14 PM
34-14 Brownwood..Monahans scores on their opening drive and keeps it interesting for a little while...but Brownwood pulls away....Monahans adds a late score for cosmetic purposes

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
A big part of having a good defense is having an offense that can dig a big hole for the opponent really quickly. It's easier to defend a running team that is forced to toss the rock, or even a passing team that abandons the run. Wylie's first team D last year didn't allow a single TD (including 4A schools) until we played Graham...and that was because the offense fumbled the ball away before we could build up a quick lead.

Having said that, I think BW's defense is good enough to stop or at least slow down any 3A offense well enough to win against anyone they'll face this year. Also, #8 is the real deal...and I'm not sure there is a DB out there that can cover him without help.

Good obversation Pendragon, and thanks for the compliments! Borger had an above average defense that did slow the Lions a bit, but the first game in freezing conditions aided that stingy defense. Why are we talking about a 29 point win as disappointing, cause we are spoiled, and we will be spoiled again this week against Monahoots! This 2010 Lions team is dominating on offense, you cant stop all the talent. You might stop Shipley, you might score points, you might, might, might all night, but in the end you are 30 points down!

Inmateboss
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
34-14 Brownwood..Monahans scores on their opening drive and keeps it interesting for a little while...but Brownwood pulls away....Monahans adds a late score for cosmetic purposes

:eek:

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:05 PM
We like to call it "ejection" on here. :dispntd: :dispntd:

I really need to read those rules... Lol

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
A big part of having a good defense is having an offense that can dig a big hole for the opponent really quickly. It's easier to defend a running team that is forced to toss the rock, or even a passing team that abandons the run. Wylie's first team D last year didn't allow a single TD (including 4A schools) until we played Graham...and that was because the offense fumbled the ball away before we could build up a quick lead.

They just don't get it, Pendragon.

LoboesWT
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Monahans posters, who is the best passing team you have played? Who is the best individual player you have played? And who had the best defense you played?

I will take a shot at this:

Best Passing Team Snyder/Seminole different approaches to throwing.
Best Individual Player Jarod Adams/Keenon Ward (Adams never got enough touches Seminole did not know how to the one the best players in our district).
Best Defense Borger. Their Game plan with their personnel that week was very effective against our offense that night.

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Coming for lunch, staying for supper? Don't drink too much, cause the bus ride home will be full of tears....that will last at least 11 months.

hollywood
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Monahans' offense will be in for a big surprise against Brownwood's defense Friday night. Not only can they stop the run, they have almost 30 INT's on the season. And Monahans' defense will be in for an even bigger surprise against Brownwood's offense who will score on almost every possession.

Going to be a great game. I'm sure Monahans will come prepared and play hard. I look for them to come out fired up and hold it close for 1.5 qrts. They have great coaches and a community that eats, sleeps, and breathes football.

How does Monahans travel?

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
That really is a pretty impressive stat.

I kinda thought so, too... too bad our defense sucks or it just might be impressive...

Looking4number8
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM

By planes, trains and automobiles.....

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
They wont be surprised.They know what they are up against.They know they have to step it up and play at another level.I think its going to be the other way around.Brownwood will be surprised how small and hard the Loboes play

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I remember the days when a 35-6 win 3 Rounds deep in the playoffs was a great win. I guess it is expected in 3A. This proves my point yet again about 3A. In 3A, there are 6-8 awesome teams and the rest just aren't that good.

Teams have to pick their poison 2 ways when trying to stop Brownwood's offense. Do we double team Shipley and let the other WR's kill us, or man up and take our chances? The other one is do we sell out to stop the pass, and let Brownwood run at will? Because you better believe Brownwood can do both effectively...

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I remember the days when a 35-6 win 3 Rounds deep in the playoffs was a great win. I guess it is expected in 3A. This proves my point yet again about 3A. In 3A, there are 6-8 awesome teams and the rest just aren't that good.

Teams have to pick their poison 2 ways when trying to stop Brownwood's offense. Do we double team Shipley and let the other WR's kill us, or man up and take our chances? The other one is do we sell out to stop the pass, and let Brownwood run at will? Because you better believe Brownwood can do both effectively...
We know what Brownwood can do and what they have..but like Snyders coach said in the papers you cant win if you dont have the ball..

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:54 PM
We know what Brownwood can do and what they have..but like Snyders coach said in the papers you cant win if you dont have the ball..

You aren't playing Snyder this week.:D

Snyder is a one man team. If you stop the QB, you win. Easy as pie... The Dreaded 21-0 Black Hole is coming...

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 01:55 PM
You also can't win if you don't score:D

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 02:05 PM
We dont have to run up scores and put up 60 points on everyone to get some waterboy posters to brag about us.A wins a win..:D

The lions usually are playing 2nd string half way through the 3rd.

Lobos-21
Lions-56

Rocket
11-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I am wondering if hollywood will be at this game since it isn't in his backyard or in Brownwood. LOL I drive a minimum of 3 hours to see Brownwood play, you BIG BABY! Well except for the Snyder game and that was 2 hours...That was like a home game. LOL

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey I drive at least 8 hours to every game we play. Dedication! Or stupidity maybe I don't know lol

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
And the sight of the Brownwood Lions this year is worth every mile/minute of the drive! GO LIONS!

Deuce
11-28-2010, 03:16 PM

I am curious. How did Borger score against Monahans? They didn't cross the 50 against us.

10x the team? Give me a break Rockee!

LIONS#1
11-28-2010, 03:25 PM
maybe just twice as good:)

hollywood
11-28-2010, 03:43 PM
I am wondering if hollywood will be at this game since it isn't in his backyard or in Brownwood. LOL I drive a minimum of 3 hours to see Brownwood play, you BIG BABY! Well except for the Snyder game and that was 2 hours...That was like a home game. LOL

Hahaha! I was in Abilene Friday night baby!! Yes, I will be there. I was really hoping the Sville/Aledo game would be on Saturday so I could watch both. BUT, it's on Friday night as well and I will always support my Lions before the Yellowjackets. Besides, we all know how that game will probably turn out.

bwdaggie
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Monahans' offense will be in for a big surprise against Brownwood's defense Friday night. Not only can they stop the run, they have almost 30 INT's on the season. And Monahans' defense will be in for an even bigger surprise against Brownwood's offense who will score on almost every possession.

Going to be a great game. I'm sure Monahans will come prepared and play hard. I look for them to come out fired up and hold it close for 1.5 qrts. They have great coaches and a community that eats, sleeps, and breathes football.

NOT just football hwood...this town supports their kids like brownwood does...when we played them in volleyball playoffs last year they had an astonishing turnout...two charters full and more...their stands were completely packed & very excited for their girls! good luck to monahans & safe travels to all!!
GO LIONS!! :cheerl:

tex_male
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
All 47 members of the Loboes pack know that they are up against the #1 ranked, toughest team in region 1. So knowing this they are going to come out with more fire and energy then they have had in any other game this season. They are going to be fighting up front and at every position with every snap of the ball. They are going to hit your men with every bit of strength and power they have. They will be all over the place just to get that big hit on your guys. These kids see that history board at the stadium every day. They all want that 10 at every level they can get it.

I am not one to sit here and say the Loboes are going to pull off the upset. I do believe all 47 Loboes are going to give it their all and leave no doubt that they gave it their all on the field. Good luck Loboes! Go Mean Green!

Rocket
11-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Awesome post! I love it. Can't wait for Friday to get here!

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 04:21 PM
We heard this same thing last year about how the lobos have a great D and pound the ball I just dont see it turning out much diff this year. They will get strummed by brownwood just like they did by the steers last year.

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
This is my most anticipated game of the year. Either way I win and either way I lose. My girlfriend is already upset with me lol

tex_male
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
This is my most anticipated game of the year. Either way I win and either way I lose. My girlfriend is already upset with me lol

She don't have you wearing green undies with paw prints yet :D

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
She don't have you wearing green undies yet:D

Lol I ain't married yet!!!

:D

Rocket
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
10x the team? Give me a break Rockee!

Ok 5x the team... Hahaha We beat y'all last year and we are 5x the team we were last year.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey I drive at least 8 hours to every game we play. Dedication! Or stupidity maybe I don't know lol

How many games have you been to this season?

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
How many games have you been to this season?

5. Sorry if that sounded like I've been to every game, meant every game I've been to is that far.

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Ok 5x the team... Hahaha We beat y'all last year and we are 5x the team we were last year.

That was also grahams worst game of the year and yalls best, you got out played by a wimbery team that got destroyed by graham.

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I'd say our defense is very similar to grahams last year and our offense is 14-21 points better. Not trying to sound homer just my opinion.

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I dont know who is better they were/are both great teams, one has the big time qb one has the big time receiver. I am picking brownwood to win it all, hopefully yall can meet the bulldogs for another great east vs weat showdown.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
That was also grahams worst game of the year and yalls best, you got out played by a wimbery team that got destroyed by graham.

And that was wimbo's best game and our worst game. ;)

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 04:57 PM
And this will be Monahans last game..

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes its basketball season for the lobos, they should just forget about football and starting shooting this week.

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
And this will be Monahans last game..

Seen Brownwood yet?

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Seen Brownwood yet?

4 times.

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Honest opinion?

hispanictitanic
11-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I can't wait until Friday night so I can come back in here and see what you all have to say after Monahans beats Brownwood. Monahans has a great group of kids this year and they have accepted every challenge thrown to them. This challenge makes no exception. These kids know that Brownwood is a great football team and every sportswriter in Texas is picking Brownwood to win this game. That makes them want this win even more. Just like the 98 season when nobody gave Monahans a chance against #1 Breckenridge and we all know the end result of that game. Brownwood may beat Monahans in every statistical category possible but you can't measure HEART with statistics. Whatever happened the first 13 games of the season doesn't matter. It's what these two teams do on Friday night from the first kickoff until the last buzzer of the fourth quarter that matters and I hope that the Brownwood Lions don't think they can just walk onto the field and throw their helmets out there and expect the Loboes to be intimidated. They better come ready to put up one hell of a fight because I guarantee you these Loboes are bringing one hell of a fight to San Angelo!!

GO LOBOES!!

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Every team we play "wants it more" than we do. :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
It doesn't matter how hard your kids fight or how bad your team wants it or how big their hearts are. If the other team is overwhelmingly superior you are kind of screwed.

ccmom
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Every team we play "wants it more" than we do. :rolleyes: Why is it ok for y'all to toot your own horns until the cows come home but heaven forbid someone else believe in their own team? :thinking:

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Every team we play "wants it more" than we do. :rolleyes:

lol...EXACTLY!

This crap makes me sick. Every damn team in the state "wants it more than everyone else" and "has so much heart" and "has the best work ethic" and "will never quit because they care".

Give me a break. If you're overmatched (as is Monahans)... you're overmatched and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Why is it ok for y'all to toot your own horns until the cows come home but heaven forbid someone else believe in their own team? :thinking:

I think he's just saying that the "we want it more" crap has literally ZERO affect on the outcome of the game.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by hispanictitanic
I can't wait until Friday night so I can come back in here and see what you all have to say after Monahans beats Brownwood. Monahans has a great group of kids this year and they have accepted every challenge thrown to them. This challenge makes no exception. These kids know that Brownwood is a great football team and every sportswriter in Texas is picking Brownwood to win this game. That makes them want this win even more. Just like the 98 season when nobody gave Monahans a chance against #1 Breckenridge and we all know the end result of that game. Brownwood may beat Monahans in every statistical category possible but you can't measure HEART with statistics. Whatever happened the first 13 games of the season doesn't matter. It's what these two teams do on Friday night from the first kickoff until the last buzzer of the fourth quarter that matters and I hope that the Brownwood Lions don't think they can just walk onto the field and throw their helmets out there and expect the Loboes to be intimidated. They better come ready to put up one hell of a fight because I guarantee you these Loboes are bringing one hell of a fight to San Angelo!!

GO LOBOES!!

YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH! Brownwood doesn't have any heart. LOL Dude, get ready for a good ol' country butt whoopin'.

DDBooger
11-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Every team we play "wants it more" than we do. :rolleyes: Cause it's like Dan Fouts always says, "you can't hold anything back"

Don't underestimate the power of rallying cries :D

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Why is it ok for y'all to toot your own horns until the cows come home but heaven forbid someone else believe in their own team? :thinking:

Lol I didn't mean it bad against Monahans. I root for monahans every single week! We just here the same story every game. I won't list every team who "will knock off #1." good teams enjoy the target. We want your best shot. I know 100% how excited Monahans is and the buzz from this game.

ccmom
I think he's just saying that the "we want it more" crap has literally ZERO affect on the outcome of the game. Guess I missed the "we want it more" part...:doh:

gonktacular
I love how apparently Brownwood is a bunch of cold, soulless, unfeeling robots and every team we play are a lovable bunch of ragtag kids who are living the dream of playing the pigskin under the lights.

Give me a break, fellas. Our kids play with heart, too. Brownwood is just as hungry. They're just as ready. It's been a long time since we got a shot at the state title just like most of everyone else. Those kids out there are just kids like every other team. They play with heart, emotion, brotherhood, hunger, bravery, camaraderie, guts, or whatever other feel-good sports metaphor you want to toss out.

You can tell us your team is hungry. You can tell us your team plays with a lot of heart. That's awesome. Every team should.

But don't you dare tell us or our kids that somehow you guys want it more or that we don't have heart either. We have it in spades.

P.S. You can want in one hand and poop in the other, see which one fills up faster. :D

ccmom
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
I love how apparently Brownwood is a bunch of cold, soulless, unfeeling robots and every team we play are a lovable bunch of ragtag kids who are living the dream of playing the pigskin under the lights.

People say that about Brownwood every week?? Really?? I gotta start paying more attention...:doh: :rolleyes:

Rocket
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
People say that about Brownwood every week?? Really?? I gotta start paying more attention...:doh: :rolleyes:

It isn't the first time we have heard it. I believe we heard it against Iowa Park and Bridgeport. Wylie knew they were outmatched so they just bowed out graciously. LOL

hispanictitanic
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I never said Brownwood didn't have heart but most of you are not giving Monahans even an ounce of credit. Brownwood is a great team but like I said don't expect Monahans to just lie down and not put up a fight.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Sooo......are we gonna have a M&G?? Hubby and I will be there on the Monahans side!!

Gotta support my district first and my region 2nd. So no snide comments on which team I am cheering for. Maybe they ARE the underdog going on, but I am still rooting for them. That doesn't mean I hate Brownwood.

I think that is the problem a lot of people have with SOME of the Brownwood posters. If you aren't 100% in their corner then you are crazy and delusional. How dare we support another team!!!!

gonktacular
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I never said Brownwood didn't have heart but most of you are not giving Monahans even an ounce of credit. Brownwood is a great team but like I said don't expect Monahans to just lie down and not put up a fight.

I don't address just you with that comment - we've seen it a lot. I know that we're the target this year and that comes with the territory.

But I'll tell you this - don't think that you're being counted out. The guys here like to talk smack and have a lot of pride in our team, but we all know that at this level anything can happen if you don't have a clear head about your opponent.

We know what we're getting into as much as you guys do.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Were you on the Argyle radio broadcast by any chance this last week against Gilmer? were you the one that said Brownwood was all hype? Come on, now...fess up.

ccmom
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
It isn't the first time we have heard it. I believe we heard it against Iowa Park and Bridgeport. Wylie knew they were outmatched so they just bowed out graciously. LOL This isn't the first time you've heard what?? It seems to me that anytime someone says something positive about a Brownwood opponent, then certain Brownwood posters take that as an insult to the Lions? :thinking:

Tin Cup
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Brownwood fans believe in and love their team. Monahans fans believe in and love their team.

Is it necessary to point out this fact each week? Monahans will come to play, no doubt. But so will Brownwood. It's quite simple really. Just bc you love your team doesn't mean you are right or wrong. It means you love your team. That's all

hollywood
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Were you on the Argyle radio broadcast by any chance this last week against Gilmer? were you the one that said Brownwood was all hype? Come on, now...fess up.

It was him. I was giving the sideline reports.:D
J/K

He has watched Brownwood against Iowa Park and Borger and he has his opinion already made up that Brownwood is all hype, not too worried! Lol

Ranger Mom
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Brownwood fans believe in and love their team. Monahans fans believe in and love their team.

Is it necessary to point out this fact each week? Monahans will come to play, no doubt. But so will Brownwood. It's quite simple really. Just bc you love your team doesn't mean you are right or wrong. It means you love your team. That's all

That's right!! Maybe some of the Brownwood "Brethren" could remember that and just accept it without adding a snide comment at the end.

I love smack talk just as much as the next person, but some of the crap I read on here is nothing but condescending and rude....which is why I field a LOT of PM's from BW's fellow posters apologizing for some of the posts here.

ccmom
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
That's right!! Maybe some of the Brownwood "Brethren" could remember that and just accept it without adding a snide comment at the end.

I love smack talk just as much as the next person, but some of the crap I read on here is nothing but condescending and rude....which is why I field a LOT of PM's from BW's fellow posters apologizing for some of the posts here. Preach on! :clap: :clap:

hollywood
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
It's all in fun, right? Why do some posters have to get so defensive?

Brownwood fans have as much pride in their team as the next fan base. Just because Brownwood is #1 and had been all over the boards is getting to some posters I guess.

ccmom
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM

Brownwood fans have as much pride in their team as the next fan base. Just because Brownwood is #1 and had been all over the boards is getting to some posters I guess. Yep...it's "getting to" some of the Brownwood posters!!

Rocket
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM

I love smack talk just as much as the next person, but some of the crap I read on here is nothing but condescending and rude....which is why I field a LOT of PM's from BW's fellow posters apologizing for some of the posts here.

:rolleyes: oh my goodness... Where were those Brownwood posters in 2008? LOL Give me a break. Alot of this smack talk and condescending crap comes from 3 years of disrespect. They have no idea what's going on. Could we be better sports? Sure. Could we be nicer about it? Sure. But that is no fun. LOL

Yay! Go Monahans! We both have had great seasons! Good job! Yippy! Fun! Good luck! May the best team win! See you guys there! Safe travels! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Some of us don't roll that way. I talk to more people that love the smack talk than the ones that don't. We just laugh about it. It is a freaking messageboard. LOL You hear worse stuff at a pep rally than what is said here.

:rolleyes:

Rocket
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Yep...it's "getting to" some of the Brownwood posters!!

LOL ccmom! defender of the pipsqueaks!

Bosqueville
11-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Sooo......are we gonna have a M&G?? Hubby and I will be there on the Monahans side!!

Gotta support my district first and my region 2nd. So no snide comments on which team I am cheering for. Maybe they ARE the underdog going on, but I am still rooting for them. That doesn't mean I hate Brownwood.

I think that is the problem a lot of people have with SOME of the Brownwood posters. If you aren't 100% in their corner then you are crazy and delusional. How dare we support another team!!!!

What!!!

hispanictitanic
11-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Has anyone heard who is going to be the home team??

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hispanictitanic

GO LOBOES!! [/Q

Thats sweet and all but I dont think you know what you are getting yourself into.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Yeah, all in fun until your good buddy starts slandering the HC from another team! Oh, sorry, he stood corrected. GMAB! :rolleyes:

gonktacular
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM

I will offer a bit of apology here and some clarification, since I've managed to go and stir the pot.

Yeah, I'm a little indignant. But if you look over my short post history you're not going to see a lot of smack talk or defensiveness or whatever else. I try to absorb much and speak less. And one of the things I've absorbed since the playoffs began is this concept of "heart" and other intangibles.

If a poster says, "We have a lot of heart and we won't give up", that's one thing. But I don't particularly like what we've seen, which has been more like "We have more heart than you and that's the reason we're going to beat you." First of all that's silly, because heart cant be measured and it's silly to say you have more than anyone else. And I think it deserves a response because nobody talks about what kind of "heart" the Brownwood kids have, at least from what I've seen.

Just got tired of seeing it, thats all.

This is what you get when you absorb less and speak more.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Let's get back on track...

Yay Monahans! I hope ya'll beat us this week.:rolleyes:

All I know is it is good to play a team that won't take cheapshots. Looking forward to a good clean game.

hispanictitanic
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gonktacular
[B]I will offer a bit of apology here and some clarification, since I've managed to go and stir the pot.

Yeah, I'm a little indignant. But if you look over my short post history you're not going to see a lot of smack talk or defensiveness or whatever else. I try to absorb much and speak less. And one of the things I've absorbed since the playoffs began is this concept of "heart" and other intangibles.

If a poster says, "We have a lot of heart and we won't give up", that's one thing. But I don't particularly like what we've seen, which has been more like "We have more heart than you and that's the reason we're going to beat you." First of all that's silly, because heart cant be measured and it's silly to say you have more than anyone else. And I think it deserves a response because nobody talks about what kind of "heart" the Brownwood kids have, at least from what I've seen.

Just got tired of seeing it, thats all.

Who said Monahans had more heart than Brownwood?

Rocket
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah, all in fun until your good buddy starts slandering the HC from another team! Oh, sorry, he stood corrected. GMAB! :rolleyes:

My bad. :D :doh:

#1 TEXAN
11-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Brownwood has only scored 7000 points and not even had a close game yet but they dont have ANY heart they just show up.

hispanictitanic
11-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Let's get back on track...

Yay Monahans! I hope ya'll beat us this week.:rolleyes:

All I know is it is good to play a team that won't take cheapshots. Looking forward to a good clean game.

Be careful what you wish for! I never said anything to disrespect Brownwood. I just feel like Monhans deserves some respect and these kids weren't getting it. Remember, every Goliath has his David. Anything can happen on Friday night. You are right though, I expect a clean game Friday night between two teams who are coached well. Monahans doesn't play dirty football.

gonktacular
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Be careful what you wish for! I never said anything to disrespect Brownwood. I just feel like Monhans deserves some respect and these kids weren't getting it. Remember, every Goliath has his David. Anything can happen on Friday night. You are right though, I expect a clean game Friday night between two teams who are coached well. Monahans doesn't play dirty football.

No worries, I'm just grumpy. You guys deserve respect and obviously deserve to be in this game. Honestly I can't tell you how giddy I was when I heard Friday you guys sent Snyder home (sorry Snyder :D ). This is gonna be a great game.

Rocket

Believe me when I say Brownwood wanted to play Monahans. There was so much ugly crap that went on in the Snyder game that we wanted to avoid it altogether. Not that Brownwood wouldn't have destroyed Snyder again, just not worth it to play a team that plays dirty.

I am ready for a good football game between 2 good, well-coached teams...

AlphaFemale

Really? "A lot" of us BW posters apologize for "some of the posts..." ? Whose posts are you referring to? hmmmm? It appears to me you're singling out one particular BW poster. First, if that is true, then just know there are many more of us out here who would disagree with those few apologists. Secondly, I think perhaps your language and comment is inappropriate.

RoyceTTU
11-28-2010, 07:12 PM

I think you just violated the "imaginary code of ethics regarding being a t-shirt fan". Lookout:D :D :D

Rocket
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by AlphaFemale
Really? "A lot" of us BW posters apologize for "some of the posts..." ? Whose posts are you referring to? hmmmm? It appears to me you're singling out one particular BW poster. First, if that is true, then just know there are many more of us out here who would disagree with those few apologists. Secondly, I think perhaps your language and comment is inappropriate.

:eek: LOL

hispanictitanic
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Believe me when I say Brownwood wanted to play Monahans. There was so much ugly crap that went on in the Snyder game that we wanted to avoid it altogether. Not that Brownwood wouldn't have destroyed Snyder again, just not worth it to play a team that plays dirty.

I am ready for a good football game between 2 good, well-coached teams...

I don't have a problem with anyone being confident about their team. I just can't stand it when confidence turns into cockiness. I wonder if Snyder edited their little rap video already. I remember seeing something about 2010 State Champs on there.

Rocket
11-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone being confident about their team. I just can't stand it when confidence turns into cockiness. I wonder if Snyder edited their little rap video already. I remember seeing something about 2010 State Champs on there.

And something about shutting Mr. Shipley down..the same Mr. Shipley that burned them the first offensive play of the game for 65 yards and a TD. LOL

#1 TEXAN
I dont think anyone is being cocky noone wants to hear we have more heart then you and all that B.S if you think for a min that the lions dont want it bad you are badly mistaken. That is a great football team not that they cant be beat but it will take more than heart

RoyceTTU

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

This should be interesting :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you SERIOUSLY go there?????? :foul: :foul: :foul:

Inmateboss
11-28-2010, 07:39 PM

dunt dunt dunt... another one bites the dust.....

:eek: :eek: :1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Really? "A lot" of us BW posters apologize for "some of the posts..." ? Whose posts are you referring to? hmmmm? It appears to me you're singling out one particular BW poster.

Yes. As a matter of fact they do. Whether it be in person, through text or pm. A handful of
Brownwood posters are embarrassed by maybe 5 or 6 BW posters (not one in particular :rolleyes: )

Ranger Mom
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM

Yes....a LOT! And these are posters who HAVE been here for the past 3 years. And I am not singling any "one" out since there have been apologies for "more" than one. Now...it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist (pardon the pun) to figure out who most feel they have to apologize for.

I have no problem whatsoever if you disagree with those few apologists....this is America and God love it!!

Lastly....my comment is my opinion and I didn't find it inappropriate at all....as far as my language goes, I thought I had a fairly good grasp of the English language (which is why I get called the "grammar queen" from time to time) and as far as I can recall, I didn't use a single curse word in my post!!:thinking:

Now, I know you have very few posts and don't really recall when you joined or know how much you read...but, most will tell you that I normally defend Brownwood. This just proves that if anyone says anything the least bit negative against anything Brownwood, they can expect to be attacked!!

Ranger Mom
11-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think you just violated the "imaginary code of ethics regarding being a t-shirt fan". Lookout:D :D :D

I'm Queen Ranger Mom.....I'm allowed!!:p

Louie13
11-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Yeah, I saw/heard that too and wrote I know a better song, "End of the Road". LOL And I got slapped silly for making that comment-- like Bwd posters just cant stay off our thread. Well hey don't tell me you're going to be the SC--You are in our bracket and it should not be a novelty for anyone to respond to that lyric. Look at the non-Bwd/Monahans posters stirring the pot on this thread today. They don't have a dog in this fight, so what's the interest--other then we are REALLY GOOD and they want to come see up play some Football! :clap:

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yes. As a matter of fact they do. Whether it be in person, through text or pm. A handful of
Brownwood posters are embarrassed by maybe 5 or 6 BW posters (not one in particular :rolleyes: )

stang92
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree that Monahans hasn't seen an explosive of an offense as Brownwood, but I guarantee you that Brownwood's front 7 hasn't seen the blocking and execution that the Loboe O-line will show them on Friday. The majority of teams in Texas now run the spread or some version of it. Not many teams run the style of offense Monahans runs. If Monahans can get first downs and keep it close, they will wear Brownwood down in the second half. Mark my words, this will be a close game. When a team doesn't see this type of offense very often (especially a well executed one) it is very hard and frustrating to stop. On the other hand, if Monahans can't consistently get first downs and gets behind 2-3 TD's early, could be a rout but I would be very suprised. Go Loboes from Andrews. MONAHANS 34 BROWNWOOD 29

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes....a LOT! And these are posters who HAVE been here for the past 3 years. And I am not singling any "one" out since there have been apologies for "more" than one. Now...it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist (pardon the pun) to figure out who most feel they have to apologize for.

I have no problem whatsoever if you disagree with those few apologists....this is America and God love it!!

Lastly....my comment is my opinion and I didn't find it inappropriate at all....as far as my language goes, I thought I had a fairly good grasp of the English language (which is why I get called the "grammar queen" from time to time) and as far as I can recall, I didn't use a single curse word in my post!!:thinking:

Now, I know you have very few posts and don't really recall when you joined or know how much you read...but, most will tell you that I normally defend Brownwood. This just proves that if anyone says anything the least bit negative against anything Brownwood, they can expect to be attacked!!

It's ok, RM... I still love ya. :inlove:

Louie13
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
And the sight of the Brownwood Lions this year is worth every mile/minute of the drive! GO LIONS!

I usually have a pretty good drive myself but come Friday, I am the Home-Town Queen!!
Anybody want eating critique/suggestions before the game, just ask!! I have definite opinions.

pirate4state
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
38-35 Monahans :eek: :eek: :D

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Signature Wins and are they still playing?

Brownwood's signature win is Stephenville.
49-16. And they are still playing 4 Rounds Deep in 4A.

What about Monahans, Argyle, and Carthage?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Honestly....maybe I am committing "district supporting" suicide, really don't care, but I am pulling for Monahans in this one. They are the underdog in this one, no doubt. Few outside of Monahans think they can win this one nor does anyone give them a chance. I give them a chance. I would have gave Snyder a good chance, had the came away with the win. They didn't, they got beat by a good team, one that played with heart, one that believed in themselves, one that knew going into the game that it was theirs.

Rocket....you can stop typing now.... BROWNWOOD beat Snyder, 61-20. We know it. Monahans only beat us 43-42, 26-7. We know it. 7....still can't believe it. You are probably the sole reason I am pulling for Monahans. That, and I have respect for a team that just plain handed it to us. They smashed it down our throat and made us like it. No dirty play, no questions asked....ask Monahans if we played dirty...I am tired of hearing how Snyder plays dirty, and it comes from YOU and YOU only.

With that said...I am a UT fan. I am a Jaxon Shipley fan. I can't wait till he gets to Austin....they need him. They need McCoy ( or someone other than Gilbert).

The game will be a good one, but I can honestly say I am pulling for a Monahans "upset". Going to do my best to be at this one. Put it to 'em Monahans!

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Honestly....maybe I am committing "district supporting" suicide, really don't care, but I am pulling for Monahans in this one. They are the underdog in this one, no doubt. Few outside of Monahans think they can win this one nor does anyone give them a chance. I give them a chance. I would have gave Snyder a good chance, had the came away with the win. They didn't, they got beat by a good team, one that played with heart, one that believed in themselves, one that knew going into the game that it was theirs.

Rocket....you can stop typing now.... BROWNWOOD beat Snyder, 61-20. We know it. Monahans only beat us 43-42, 26-7. We know it. 7....still can't believe it. You are probably the sole reason I am pulling for Monahans. That, and I have respect for a team that just plain handed it to us. They smashed it down our throat and made us like it. No dirty play, no questions asked....ask Monahans if we played dirty...I am tired of hearing how Snyder plays dirty, and it comes from YOU and YOU only.

With that said...I am a UT fan. I am a Jaxon Shipley fan. I can't wait till he gets to Austin....they need him. They need McCoy ( or someone other than Gilbert).

The game will be a good one, but I can honestly say I am pulling for a Monahans "upset". Going to do my best to be at this one. Put it to 'em Monahans!

Cool. You can hate Brownwood because of me. I do not like Snyder at all. And I am not the only one in this state or world that thinks your team plays dirty. Sorry to bust your bubble on that one. I guess I am the only one that says it. ;)

Hopefully it will be a good game. I am looking forward to it, as well.

Sweetwater Red
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM

:kiss:

Daddy D 11
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Whoever said a ways back that "every goliath has their david" is mistaken lol

The whole point of david and goliath is that it is rare!

So, technically every goliath does not have a david...

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Whoever said a ways back that "every goliath has their david" is mistaken lol

The whole point of david and goliath is that it is rare!

So, technically every goliath does not have a david...

Real talk.

skins4life
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM

AHH HAA I knew it!!!:devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM
It's ok, RM... I still love ya. :inlove:

LOL! I knew you would probably be the least offended in what I had to say!!

It's all in fun......right??

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
LOL! I knew you would probably be the least offended in what I had to say!!

It's all in fun......right??

Always! You are awesome...:D

Rocket
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
AHH HAA I knew it!!!:devil: :devil:

http://brownwoodlions.com/special/ignorant.jpg