PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Monahans .. Region 1 final

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

RoyceTTU
12-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Easy there feisty one. Don't make me have to give you an Indian rope burn at the M&G. :p

If she has hot chocolate, I wouldn't chance it :D :D :D

95mustang
12-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
If she has hot chocolate, I wouldn't chance it :D :D :D

She will then only burn herself. :D

RoyceTTU
12-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Wow this thread is killing me haha. After reading all these posts I'm deffinately going to the meet and greet so I can get to know these people.

You better get someone to show you the secret hand shake. Ask the Godfather, he will show you.

hollywood
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow this thread is killing me haha. After reading all these posts I'm deffinately going to the meet and greet so I can get to know these people.

M&G roll call. Add name to the list below if you are in.

skins4life
Hollywood
95mustang
Ranger Mom
Sweetwater Red
RoyceTTU
TinCup
BwdLion73
Rocket
angelostate39
hispanictitanic
50 yard line fan (and the boys)
91 lion
Looking4#8
tex_male
Louie
ccmom
BwdLion_80 (if I remember at the half)
Tres Lobos

Gotcha down. You gotta be there now!

AngeloState39
12-02-2010, 05:47 PM

skins4life
Hollywood
95mustang
Ranger Mom
Sweetwater Red
RoyceTTU
TinCup
BwdLion73
Rocket
angelostate39
hispanictitanic
91 lion
Looking4#8
tex_male
Louie
ccmom
Tres Lobos

i hope the brownwood folks arent to upset by half time. ill bring the tissues for yall:D

Louie13
12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Speaking of "End of the Road", I think we are running out of things to talk about on this thread. And we are only 150 or so away. Can we think of something to inspire new posting?:eek: :eek:

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Speaking of "End of the Road", I think we are running out of things to talk about on this thread. And we are only 150 or so away. Can we think of something to inspire new posting?:eek: :eek: Yes! Can we get some of the grandfathers of the current posters to tell what it was like the last time Brownwood won a State Title?:D

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I dont know if I'll make it.Im a midget,They already make fun of us as it is!

hollywood
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
i hope the brownwood folks arent to upset by half time. ill bring the tissues for yall:D

Good point! No matter what the score is Monahans fans, you still have to show. AngeloState39 says he's furnishing the tissues. HaHaHa

LoboesWT
12-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Setting: ASU stadium

Time: Late Fourth Quarter

Announcer Speaking:

It has been an epic battle tonight between to undefeated teams. One undersized and vastly underrated team with HEART. The other big and fast with a great amount of HYPE. They have been giving and taking shots, back and forth all night.

Oh........wait......HEART just hit one to the left and now one to the right.........could it be...........a burst up the middle...........going all the way!!!!!!!

DOWN GOES HYPE!!!!!!

DOWN GOES HYPE!!!!!!

Oh my gosh DOWN GOES HYPE!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hollywood
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Setting: ASU stadium

Time: Late Fourth Quarter

Announcer Speaking:

It has been an epic battle tonight between to undefeated teams. One undersized and vastly underrated team with HEART. The other big and fast with a great amount of HYPE. They have been giving and taking shots, back and forth all night.

Oh........wait......HEART just hit one to the left and now one to the right.........could it be...........a burst up the middle...........going all the way!!!!!!!

DOWN GOES HYPE!!!!!!

DOWN GOES HYPE!!!!!!

Oh my gosh DOWN GOES HYPE!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wake up man... wake up! You were just typing in your sleep!!! Did you realize that man?:D

Louie13
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Yes! Can we get some of the grandfathers of the current posters to tell what it was like the last time Brownwood won a State Title?:D

I have a complete scrapbook of 1978 and 1981 and can do that from a newspaper article status.

Maybe I'll post a few tonight to have something worthy. In the meantime, maybe the real guys will speak up.

hollywood
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
If a Lobo bursts one up the middle tomorrow night, it won't go all the way! I can assure you that. Speed and more speed on D. ;)

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Monahans #40 Robledo gonna hit #8 Chitley so hard he gonna commit to Texas Tech:D

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Our newest member is...

Quatroloboes

Uh-oh! Look out Brownwood posters. Here come the reinforcements and apparently
there are four of them. :eek: :D

95mustang
12-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Monahans #40 Robledo gonna hit #8 Chitley so hard he gonna commit to Texas Tech:D

That will be the only #8 he will be hitting, because Brownwood's #8 Shipley will be running circles around the Lobo defence.

theefixrr
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 95mustang
That will be the only #8 he will be hitting, because Brownwood's #8 Shipley will be running circles around the Lobo defence. [/QUOTE

Defence? nice spelling!

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
That will be the only #8 he will be hitting, because Brownwood's #8 Shipley will be running circles around the Lobo defence.
Have you seen #40 Robledo..He's good..I hope they send Shipley or Chastian down the middle on a hot route.Lights Out!

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes! Can we get some of the grandfathers of the current posters to tell what it was like the last time Brownwood won a State Title?:D

Celina won't win another state title in your lifetime, bobcat1.

LoboesWT
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't know why Texas Tech was brought into this, it is a fine educational institution. Shipley would be a welcomed addition.

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Have you seen #40 Robledo..He's good..I hope they send Shipley or Chastian down the middle on a hot route.Lights Out!

I hope they send Robledo down the middle on a hot route so Longoria can dislocate his body and knock his facemask off.:eek:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't know why Texas Tech was brought into this, it is a fine educational institution. Shipley would be a welcomed addition.

Shipley is way too good for Tech.

95mustang
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM

No I haven't and obviously you haven't seen Shipley play either. I don't doubt Robledo's ability, I just know what Shipley can do.

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I hope they send Robledo down the middle on a hot route so Longoria can dislocate his body and knock his facemask off.:eek:
Thought it was Snyder and IP that played dirty:thinking:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
No I haven't and obviously you haven't seen Shipley play either. I don't doubt Robledo's ability, I just know what Shipley can do.

None of these Loboes have seen a real team play yet. Well I guess if you count Snyder as a real team.:rolleyes:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Thought it was Snyder and IP that played dirty:thinking:

It will be clean as a whistle. Just a squared up smash...trust me...Brownwood hits hard. You better stop acting brand new.

LoboesWT
12-02-2010, 06:22 PM

We will have to agree to disagree:) .

Rocket
We will have to agree to disagree:) .

I am right. Always.

bobcat1
Celina won't win another state title in your lifetime, bobcat1. :lies: :tisk: I ain't that close to the grave! You are a funny guy. Question is right now will Brownwood win one this century. After all it was back in the mid to late 1900's when they did last. :taunt:

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
It will be clean as a whistle. Just a squared up smash...trust me...Brownwood hits hard. You better stop acting brand new.
Longoria better not kick either bc Loboes Bite:D

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I hope they send Robledo down the middle on a hot route so Longoria can dislocate his body and knock his facemask off.:eek: Kinda like that kid from Snyder down by the goal line? :taunt:

Rocket
:lies: :tisk: I ain't that close to the grave! You are a funny guy. Question is right now will Brownwood win one this century. After all it was back in the mid to late 1900's when they did last. :taunt:

Celina will surpass Brownwood's dry spell...And the UIL will take your paper Title away as well...7!!!!

95mustang
Longoria better not kick either bc Loboes Bite:D

Longoria don't kick, though after people get hit by him they would have rather he just kicked them. ;)

Rocket
Kinda like that kid from Snyder down by the goal line? :taunt:

Every squirrel finds a nut once in a while...I guess they did have one highlight that game, or that season, not sure which.

95mustang
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Kinda like that kid from Snyder down by the goal line? :taunt:

Yes kind of like that. That was definitely a hit, I gave props to both kids on that one. One for the hit, the other for coming back and playing a lights out game.

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I made the statement after we played Snyder that they didn't have the discipline to make it 4 Rounds deep. I hate it when I am right. Wait, no I don't.

95mustang
12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I hate it when I am right. Wait, no I don't.

:D

bobcat1
Celina will surpass Brownwood's dry spell...And the UIL will take your paper Title away as well...7!!!! Right now the BEST you can do is tie Celina. Then goodbye Shipley, Shipley, Brown and company. Then back to mediocrity.

Rocket
Right now the BEST you can do is tie Celina. Then goodbye Shipley, Shipley, Brown and company. Then back to mediocrity.

Nope. We are in 3A. Where even a sorry team like Celina can win one...What have you done the last 2 seasons? Celina the One and Done's...Brownwood always has talent waiting. You shall see...

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Right now the BEST you can do is tie Celina. Then goodbye Shipley, Shipley, Brown and company. Then back to mediocrity.
Finally we agree on something.Nice post..Sorry Brownwood

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Nope. We are in 3A. Where even a sorry team like Celina can win one... Seriously dude. That's low. I have never said Brownwood was sorry.

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Nope. We are in 3A. Where even a sorry team like Celina can win one...What have you done the last 2 seasons? Celina the One and Done's...Brownwood always has talent waiting. You shall see... And you have done what this decade.... last 2 decades... last 3 decades.. Zactly Zilch!

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Finally we agree on something.Nice post..Sorry Brownwood

Monahans..the king of the Tumbleweeds, Clints, and Pecos. :rolleyes: And y'all thought Graham had a squad last season? Just wait...

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:32 PM
And you have done waht this decade.... last 2 decades... last 3 decades.. Zactly Zilch!

Let's get relevant..and current..the last 2 seasons? Ahem..thougth so... NEXT!

Let's compare 3A to 3A...not 4A to 3A...who is the King of 3A? Who has the most wins in 3A? Who has the most titles in 3A? BROWNWOOD.

Where is Celina right now? THUMPITY THUMP THUMP THUMPITY THUMP THUMP... LOOOK AT BOBCATS GOOO...

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Monahans..the king of the Tumbleweeds, Clints, and Pecos. :rolleyes: And y'all thought Graham had a squad last season? Just wait...
Graham did have a squad. They made it to the finals.If you guys beat us and make it to the finals I'll say the same about you:D

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Graham did have a squad. They made it to the finals.If you guys beat us and make it to the finals I'll say the same about you:D

We beat that squad that thumped you last year. There ya go...down that perspective...and get a big drink of it...

AngeloState39
12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Nope. We are in 3A. the last time you made a comment about 3a being weak and brownwood being unstoppable you at some crow. am i right? 08 i think it was?

AngeloState39
12-02-2010, 06:37 PM
We beat that squad that thumped you last year. There ya go...down that perspective...and get a big drink of it... you lost in the third round last year. the team that you beat made it to the finals. give credit where credit is due, graham was good last year.

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:37 PM
"If Monahans is close at halftime, I will be impressed, but not scared." - Rocket

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
the last time you made a comment about 3a being weak and brownwood being unstoppable you at some crow. am i right? 08 i think it was?

Who had the #1 offense that year?:thinking: So I guess I was right. UNSTOPPABLE. LOL We just couldn't stop anybody either.

Rocket
12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
you lost in the third round last year. the team that you beat made it to the finals. give credit where credit is due, graham was good last year.

My point is we are better than '09 Graham. Graham had a good team. Heck, Graham had a good team this year, as well...

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 06:41 PM
you lost in the third round last year. the team that you beat made it to the finals. give credit where credit is due, graham was good last year.

and will be again!!

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
"If Monahans is close at halftime, I will be impressed, but not scared." - Rocket
I'll be dissapointed.Paid all that money to see the greatest show on earth..I'll be wanting a refund

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Let's get relevant..and current..the last 2 seasons? Ahem..thougth so... NEXT! As the saying goes, a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. I still find it hard to believe that in 2008 y'all the mighty 4A dropping down to 3A were going to rule the world. 3-7, early exit, and another failed year possibly upon you. You have whizzed through most of Region 1 and are thumping your chest. The light is coming on if not this week then in the next week for sure. Then the Black Bird apprears as it so often does in the land of Underwoods.:D

LoboesWT
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I am right. Always.

I say more dumb things than you...

RoyceTTU
12-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Watch it. I'm not the size of BEAST, but I"m no whimp either. :D

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Poor Celina...

They aren't relevant anymore :devil:

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2010, 07:15 PM

I really don't care who wins. I just want to see an epic game. But this is how I see it.

If Brownwood is winning by 21 at the start of the 4th quarter then the game is over and I'm
leaving. :(

If Monahans is winning by 21 with 6 minutes left well the game isn't over and I'm staying. :D

95mustang
12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Don't worry Royce. I'm a huge tech fan as well. I'm a pretty big guy myself.

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 07:18 PM
If Shipley went to Tech, they'd retire his practice jersey after 1 day. Tech is that bad

:eek:

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Guys "they" might be watching. Please don't get this thread closed because of UT and TTU bashing. :mad:

RoyceTTU
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
If Shipley went to Tech, they'd retire his practice jersey after 1 day. Tech is that bad

:eek:

And university of texas has so much credibility this year. They both are struggling.

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Monahans posters will be quiet for a while. It's pep rally time at the football field. My guess is around 8 or 8:30 they will be so pumped up and full of heart, we pass the thread record in 3 minutes lol

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Just watched Brownwood highlights and brief interviews with Coach Shipley and Levi Perez
on KRBC (Abilene's NBC affiliate). Apparently Brownwood is disappointed in their offensive
performance in the Borger game and is ready to show Monahans what they're all about.

In other words they both used a bunch of cliche's :D

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 07:37 PM
In other words LOOK OUT MONAHANS!!!!!!!!!

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Poor Celina...

They aren't relevant anymore :devil: Really? Aren't They Tin Cup? After all there are records Celina owns the Lions can never attain. I dare say Celina will be relevant next year and The wood will be taken to the Woodshed.

Louie13
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Preparing for the Quarterfinals 1978!

Brownwood Bulletin, 11/28/1978
AAA QUARTERFINAL
CROSBY NEXT FOR BHS
The opponents are new, but it’s the same old song and dance as far as the playoff sites are concerned as the Brownwood Lions continue their drive for a hoped-for-state Class AAA football championship.
Last week, Coach Gordon Wood’s Lions got by bi-district foe Belton 20-0 in the first meeting between the two schools since 1962. But it was Brownwood’s fourth playoff appearance in Waco’s Baylor Stadium, scene of the Lions’ 34-16 state championship victory over West Columbia.
This Saturday, it’s back to Memorial Stadium in Austin where the Lions won state titles in 1960-67-70 before losing to Dickinson in the last year’s state title game. The opponent in the 6 pm quarterfinal joust will be Crosby, 10-1-1 on the year and 20-7 bi-district winner over Houston King. But the Cougars’ biggest claim to fame was their 16-10 victory over then top-ranked Beaumont Hebert in a zone playoff for the District 9-AAA championship.
The Brownwood-Crosby winner will meet either Bay City or Gregory-Portland in next week’s semifinals.
In other playoff action this week, San Saba, a 7-6 bi-district winner over Junction will play powerful China Spring in a Class A regional contest Friday at pm in Brownwood’s Cen-Tex Stadium.
The high and the mighty will meet head on this week when defending state champion Plano collides with top-ranked Temple at Texas Stadium in Irving.
:cool:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Really? Aren't They Tin Cup? After all there are records Celina owns the Lions can never attain. I dare say Celina will be relevant next year and The wood will be taken to the Woodshed.

Records are worth nothing. And we will be just fine next season. ;)

How about the most points in a season in all classifications? Celina will never attain that and Brownwood is sniffing it right now...

bobcat1...admit it. Celina is irrelevant. They are at home. Watching Rudolph on a Friday night...for the 2nd year in a row...

garciap77
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I remember seein Hollywood on fox talking about those UFO's. He's famous!!!

Yes he is!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hollywoodonthetiger-1.jpg
;)

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Really? Aren't They Tin Cup? After all there are records Celina owns the Lions can never attain. I dare say Celina will be relevant next year and The wood will be taken to the Woodshed.

Brownwood will go farther next year than Celina did this year

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 07:44 PM

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

These people have no clue.

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 07:47 PM

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: Maybe in bus miles but that will be about it. If I was Dallas Houston, I would retire after this year. Well maybe he could still go call this years State game for whomever else might be playing. I have a clue and Rocket knows it. He knows Black Feathers, Beaks, and feet await.

garciap77
12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Pot...meet kettle. You're black.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

;)

Rocket
12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
As the saying goes, a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. I still find it hard to believe that in 2008 y'all the mighty 4A dropping down to 3A were going to rule the world. 3-7, early exit, and another failed year possibly upon you. You have whizzed through most of Region 1 and are thumping your chest. The light is coming on if not this week then in the next week for sure. Then the Black Bird apprears as it so often does in the land of Underwoods.:D

All that hype in 2008 came with Kenny Vacarro at Strong Safety. He left after our first scrimmage. And if you don't think he is a player, you are kidding yourself. He would have made a huge difference in our secondary. When he left, it caused a chain reaction through our defense. Players having to learn new positions to cover for it. It cost us dearly. Either way, we moved down and showed you 3A's what the spread was about. That's for sure. Just couldn't stop nobody. And that is very rare for a Brownwood defense.

Also, remember that Shipley brought his son. He didn't bring the majority of our players who make up the TEAM. Jaxon and his dad will be the first to say Brownwood is loaded with talent.

And all that crap about the light coming on is you and your wishful thinking. It will definitely be to our advantage if we play Carthage or Argyle after the war they are about to be in.

We haven't just whizzed through. We have blown through like an F5 Tornado. Celina whizzed through like a West Texas Dirt Devil...Lucas Lovejoy was a pretty good team. Henderson exposed them. ouch.

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Records are worth nothing. And we will be just fine next season. ;)

How about the most points in a season in all classifications? Celina will never attain that and Brownwood is sniffing it right now...

bobcat1...admit it. Celina is irrelevant. They are at home. Watching Rudolph on a Friday night...for the 2nd year in a row... Try on 68 in a row sometime. That is relevant! Try 4 State Championships in this Decade. 7 Since 1995. That's 7 since Brownwood won one. Your lucky season won't carry Celina's water. You were Lucky Bob Shipley came along with his son. You are Lucky this safety didn't go to Early too. Lot's of luck in your current year put all the kids together that fit Bob Shipley's coaching style. Still gonna have to be real lucky to win it all even if everyone stays healthy.

But next year you could be 3-7 again............. Back to mediocrity for another 30 years.

garciap77
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Does not matter who wins this game, the Region II winner will win the state semi-final game.

U BETTER BELIEVE IT! NOT!!!!!!:D

Region II winner will lose to Region I:D :D :D

garciap77
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
All that hype in 2008 came with Kenny Vacarro at Strong Safety. He left after our first scrimmage. And if you don't think he is a player, you are kidding yourself. He would have made a huge difference in our secondary. When he left, it caused a chain reaction through our defense. Players having to learn new positions to cover for it. It cost us dearly. Either way, we moved down and showed you 3A's what the spread was about. That's for sure. Just couldn't stop nobody. And that is very rare for a Brownwood defense.

Also, remember that Shipley brought his son. He didn't bring the majority of our players who make up the TEAM. Jaxon and his dad will be the first to say Brownwood is loaded with talent.

And all that crap about the light coming on is you and your wishful thinking. It will definitely be to our advantage if we play Carthage or Argyle after the war they are about to be in.

We haven't just whizzed through. We have blown through like an F5 Tornado. Celina whizzed through like a West Texas Dirt Devil...Lucas Lovejoy was a pretty good team. Henderson exposed them. ouch.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

Go Lions!!!!!:)

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Try on 68 in a row sometime. That is relevant! Try 4 State Championships in this Decade. 7 Since 1995. That's 7 since Brownwood won one. Your lucky season won't carry Celina's water. You were Lucky Bob Shipley came along with his son. You are Lucky this safety didn't go to Early too. Lot's of luck in your current year put all the kids together that fit Bob Shipley's coaching style. Still gonna have to be real lucky to win it all even if everyone stays healthy.

But next year you could be 3-7 again............. Back to mediocrity for another 30 years.

Ok good post. We have a 2010 football thread to get back to. Sorry

garciap77
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know....love it!!!

LOL!! We used to have one in Midland and I loved it......I'm a cheap date!!:p :p

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Louie13
12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
This article's story is about the 1978 version of a Chastain and we have a great one this year too, so tremble Monahans! :cool:

BLOCKED PUNT INSURES BROWNWOOD WIN
By Bill Hart, Sports Writer – Brownwood Bulletin
AUSTIN—Kirk Chastain had never blocked a punt in his career, so far as the Brownwood Lions were concerned; his first couldn’t have come at a better time.
Brownwood was leading 21-14, with just over six minutes to play and both the Lions and Crosby had three penetrations each at the time.
However, the 165 pound junior defensive end broke through to block Tiger Blomstrom’s punt and the Lions drove in for an insurance touchdown and a 28-14 win over Crosby in a Class AAA quarterfinals contest Saturday at Memorial Stadium before 12,000 fans.
The No. 1 ranked Lions spotted Crosby a touchdown and an extra penetration in the first quarter, then stormed back for three second quarter touchdowns, all into a stiff breeze, to assume a 21-7 halftime lead.
But Crosby battled back, thanks to an interception, and kept the heat on the Lions until Chastain did his thing.
“We didn’t have the rush on, we were set up for the return, but when I saw the high snap, I felt I could block it,” Chastain said. “I just barely caught it with my right hand and – and I had no idea where it (the ball) went. Then I saw Jeff Walker running with it and I knew we had it.”
Walker ran to the Crosby 15 and four plays later Glen Coles ran three yards for his second touchdown of the night with 4:26 remaining.
The win sends the Lions, 13-0 on the season, into the semifinals next week against Bay City, 28-27 winner over Gregory-Portland, here at Memorial Stadium at 6 pm Saturday……..
:cool: :cool:

Louie13
12-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Try on 68 in a row sometime. That is relevant! Try 4 State Championships in this Decade. 7 Since 1995. That's 7 since Brownwood won one. Your lucky season won't carry Celina's water. You were Lucky Bob Shipley came along with his son. You are Lucky this safety didn't go to Early too. Lot's of luck in your current year put all the kids together that fit Bob Shipley's coaching style. Still gonna have to be real lucky to win it all even if everyone stays healthy.

After reading that, I could use some cruel landlord music. I feel like I just got thrown outta my house. :vrycnfsd: :bigcry: :vrycnfsd:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Who is currently in mediocrity tonight? It sure ain't Brownwood...

Oh the good ol' days.... :) When the name Celina meant winning. Now it means, Kenny Chesney and under achievers...which I am sure is about to stretch out into the next 2 decades...at least. Isn't it sad that the highlight of your season was when Kenny Chesney came to your pep rally? HAHAHHA wow....ouch.

Celina was chest thumping about beating Sanger. LOL Then got beat by LL. I mean blanked by LL...

Old LB
12-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Shouldn't you be alphabetizing your orange M&M collection or something?

garciap77
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I am not posting just to add to the post count but when this thread not only beats but blows away the record for most post... Yes, it was me that started the thread. (It's gonna be good to be in the record books!)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You deserved it! You are one of the few Real Brownwood Fans who has stayed on the 3ADL through the good and the bad. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hat's off to you my friend (Dang you got more hair than I do)!

Go Lions!!!!

P.S Get your new sign ready! Looking4number9!

bwdaggie
12-02-2010, 08:15 PM

dang...as long as he is changing his commit...could you make it A&M please?

garciap77
12-02-2010, 08:15 PM

:thinking:

Didn't you say that the year you play BP in SW?

:thinking:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Rocket defeats bobcat1. Again. Game, Set, Match...

That reminds me....Tennis is a great sport to get some of your football boys into...something to do when you get knocked out early...

garciap77
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I dont know if I'll make it.Im a midget,They already make fun of us as it is!

No we don't we love you guys!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocketcorona01copy-1-1.jpg
;)

garciap77
12-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Good point! No matter what the score is Monahans fans, you still have to show. AngeloState39 says he's furnishing the tissues. HaHaHa

I wish we would have made this rule in 2008!:D

;)

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Rocket defeats bobcat1. Again. Game, Set, Match...

That reminds me....Tennis is a great sport to get some of your football boys into...something to do when you get knocked out early... But then you were never really knocked out early were you. And you couldn't EVER beat me on your best day. Too many guns and far too much wisdom on how to use them in this old grey head. You think you won but in fact you are being painted into a corner the whole time. :D

91 lion
12-02-2010, 08:31 PM
As the saying goes, a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while. I still find it hard to believe that in 2008 y'all the mighty 4A dropping down to 3A were going to rule the world. 3-7, early exit, and another failed year possibly upon you. You have whizzed through most of Region 1 and are thumping your chest. The light is coming on if not this week then in the next week for sure. Then the Black Bird apprears as it so often does in the land of Underwoods.:D

In Bobcats world, the football season is broken up into 2 parts.

The first part...which ends first, is when he roots for that orange team...until they flame out

The second part...is when he takes the reigns of the Brownwood Hater Wagon...blindly rooting against them at every turn.

At one point, it was clear that he liked rooting for Celina more than he liked rooting against Brownwood......but now, I'm not so sure :thinking:

Mighty Brownwood Lions......The team that Bobcat loves to hate :cool:

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

You deserved it! You are one of the few Real Brownwood Fans who has stayed on the 3ADL through the good and the bad. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go Lions!!!!

Well first of all if I have more hair than you then you are in pretty bad shape....

and 2nd of all if we are fortunate enough to win it all this year I am thinking more along the lines of "the poster formaly known as looking 4#8" but since it wont fit I might have to go with TPFKAL4#8

ccmom
12-02-2010, 08:33 PM

Go Lions!!!!

I agree...

L48 is among a group of faithful Brownwood posters who have really taken a beating on this board over the last 3 years. Did they deserve it? Sometimes yes...and for SOME of them, A LOT of times they deserved it and much more.

BUT...

They have stuck around and taken their medicine and never wavered in their support of their school and team. I am glad they are getting to experience what this special group of young men has given them this season. :clap: :clap:

There...I said it...Go Burgundy Kitty Cats Go!!

I need a drink...:ack!:

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I really don't care who wins. I just want to see an epic game. But this is how I see it.

If Brownwood is winning by 21 at the start of the 4th quarter then the game is over and I'm
leaving. :(

If Monahans is winning by 21 with 6 minutes left well the game isn't over and I'm staying. :D

:clap: :D

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I agree...

L48 is among a group of faithful Brownwood posters who have really taken a beating on this board over the last 3 years. Did they deserve it? Sometimes yes...and for SOME of them, A LOT of times they deserved it and much more.

BUT...

They have stuck around and taken their medicine and never wavered in their support of their school and team. I am glad they are getting to experience what this special group of young men has given them this season. :clap: :clap:

There...I said it...Go Burgundy Kitty Cats Go!!

I need a drink...:ack!:

you still gonna make it tomorrow or did you driver sober up?

ccmom
12-02-2010, 08:40 PM
you still gonna make it tomorrow or did you driver sober up?

I'll be there! You think you could save me a seat in the AARP section? :thinking: It makes me feel good about myself to sit with all of you old codgers, and y'all get really good seats too!! :thumbsup:

:taunt:

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
dang...as long as he is changing his commit...could you make it A&M please?

:iagree: :iagree: :2thumbsup

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I'll be there! You think you could save me a seat in the AARP section? :thinking: It makes me feel good about myself to sit with all of you old codgers, and y'all get really good seats too!! :thumbsup:

:taunt:

You are gonna have to save me a seat. I have a sales meeting in Temple tomorrow that ends around 2:30 or 3.... Gonna have to scoot to Bwd and pick up my crew and hope to make in on time to the game..... Hope this stomach thing is done by then so I can drive straight thru

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I made the statement after we played Snyder that they didn't have the discipline to make it 4 Rounds deep. I hate it when I am right. Wait, no I don't.

LOL@Rocket talking about being "right" when it comes to predictions. For the love of God, dont you have a memory?

hollywood
12-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes he is!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hollywoodonthetiger-1.jpg
;)

LOL. You actually did it! Oh man! GP77, you will go down as one of the all time greats in the 3ADL Hall of Fame!

wimbo_pro
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

;)

LOLOLOL

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion

The first part...which ends first, is when he roots for that orange team...until they flame out

The second part...is when he takes the reigns of the Brownwood Hater Wagon...blindly rooting against them at every turn.

At one point, it was clear that he liked rooting for Celina more than he liked rooting against Brownwood......but now, I'm not so sure :thinking:

Mighty Brownwood Lions......The team that Bobcat loves to hate :cool: Not true. I love good football where ever I can watch it. :D

garciap77
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Well first of all if I have more hair than you then you are in pretty bad shape....

and 2nd of all if we are fortunate enough to win it all this year I am thinking more along the lines of "the poster formaly known as looking 4#8" but since it wont fit I might have to go with TPFKAL4#8

91 lion
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Not true. I love good football where ever I can watch it. :D

Oh....well cool then!!

So that makes you a Brownwood Lover :inlove:

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Monahans pep rally pretty good but no Kenny just alot of Heart:D

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh....well cool then!!

So that makes you a Brownwood Lover :inlove: Not lover but I admire your accomplishments so far this year. You see we in my house know good football too.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3262/sideviewc.jpg

91 lion
12-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Not lover but I admire your accomplishments so far this year. You see we in my house know good football too.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3262/sideviewc.jpg

NICE!....that's about all I can say about that.

:clap:

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I agree...

BUT...

Exactly! :clap:

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Was anyone from Brownwood quoted at the pep rally?!? What's the theme for this week?

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 08:56 PM

Mighty Brownwood Lions......The team that Bobcat loves to hate :cool:

I bet he comes around after this week and wants a Lion Tee shirt!! Can somebody hook him up with one?? 100% Cotton :D

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I bet he comes around after this week and wants a Lion Tee shirt!! Can somebody hook him up with one?? 100% Cotton :D I'd take one in a 4XL. If you make it to State and play at Jerry's world I'll wear it if you win for an after game pic!

Old LB
12-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I bet he comes around after this week and wants a Lion Tee shirt!! Can somebody hook him up with one?? 100% Cotton :D

If he will publicly ask for it I will deliver it in person this weekend while I am in the area. :D

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I'd take one in a 4XL. If you make it to State and play at Jerry's world I'll wear it if you win for an after game pic!

Deal!!:clap:

LionFan72
12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Not true. I love good football where ever I can watch it. :D

Alrighty Bobcat1, are you coming to the SC game? I'll be there, was hoping to catch some Abilene games, but guess that was washed away! Still some good ball to be witnessed, and you can watch The Brownwood Lions!

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:03 PM
So, how was the pep rally Lobo fans?

garciap77
12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd take one in a 4XL. If you make it to State and play at Jerry's world I'll wear it if you win for an after game pic!

It's going to happen, so I'm bringing my wide angle len for that picture!:D

;)

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey Monahans people, I asked this last year but we seem to have quit a few new posters this year.

Any of yall graduate in the late 70's or early 80's? My college roommate at Angelo State was from Monahans, he must have graduated around 81. I would love to get back in touch with him... really neat guy!

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 09:09 PM

;)

:eek: :eek:

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Alrighty Bobcat1, are you coming to the SC game? I'll be there, was hoping to catch some Abilene games, but guess that was washed away! Still some good ball to be witnessed, and you can watch The Brownwood Lions! Planning on it no matter who is there. I really want to see Brownwood play but I ain't driving to BFE to see them. Dallas makes me feel like I can see it on the radio. I do want to see what all the HYPE is about in person. I like to sit high enough to see everything. I like line play and then linebackers. I like watching a great O-Line and a D-Line go at it and then Linebackers doing their thing. The QB, running backs and wide outs everybody sees. The game is won or lost in the middle of the field.

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 09:11 PM

;) You do that and I'll hold you up with my right arm so you can get a free swinging picture. As a matter of fact you can get up there and perch on my arm.:taunt:

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Planning on it no matter who is there. I really want to see Brownwood play but I ain't driving to BFE to see them. Dallas makes me feel like I can see it on the radio.

You have mentioned Dallas Huston several times and I agree with you. Dallas has been doing it a long time and when you listen to him on the radio you know who he is cheering for but he seems to call it like it is with a very slight homer view.

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Planning on it no matter who is there. I really want to see Brownwood play but I ain't driving to BFE to see them. Dallas makes me feel like I can see it on the radio. I do want to see what all the HYPE is about in person. I like to sit high enough to see everything. I like line play and then linebackers. I like watching a great O-Line and a D-Line go at it and then Linebackers doing their thing. The QB, running backs and wide outs everybody sees. The game is won or lost in the middle of the field.

Very true! Things would not click if it wasn't for the OL and DL... Especially from a Celina type of team. But if you get too focused on the middle of the field with Brownwood, you might miss the best part. It happens so fast!

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Planning on it no matter who is there. I really want to see Brownwood play but I ain't driving to BFE to see them. Dallas makes me feel like I can see it on the radio. I do want to see what all the HYPE is about in person. I like to sit high enough to see everything. I like line play and then linebackers. I like watching a great O-Line and a D-Line go at it and then Linebackers doing their thing. The QB, running backs and wide outs everybody sees. The game is won or lost in the middle of the field.

I've seen it up close, and if your not wearing maroon it ain't pretty!!! I'm not tooting BWoods horn but if your wanting to see a real good HS football game, they can give it to you!! Fact

Ranger Mom
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I really hope you are not disappointed. I loved the Grandy's in Arlington, but this Sa one, not so much, but hey, you can't go wrong with the cinnamon rolls -- may be wrong time of day for that?

Do enjoy!

(I don't think I mispelled one word.):cool:

LOL! Only Misspelled.

For some reason I found this hysterically funny!!!:p

Louie,
I have eaten at the one in SA before and it seemed to be alright! My husband doesn't seem to be grossing out too bad about having to take me there, so it's all good!!:D

ALERT!!!!!

Only 16 posts away!!!!

garciap77
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
You do that and I'll hold you up with my right arm so you can get a free swinging picture. As a matter of fact you can get up there and perch on my arm.:taunt:

Deal!:D :D :D

I'll show you an example of how these T-Shirt pictures come out!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3.gif

;)

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
What I'd like to see tomorrow night is Brownwood run the ball the second half.

This means that they will have to be up by 28 points. They run the ball very very well. No scat backs, power running!

garciap77
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM

This means that they will have to be up by 28 points. They run the ball very very well. No scat backs, power running!

I just want to see them win by 28 points!:D

Old LB
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM

It would be funny to see Brownwood beat them lobos at their own game.

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I just want to see them win by 28 points!:D

Good chance that could happen. But, you never know, Monahans is undefeated for a reason!

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Very true! Things would not click if it wasn't for the OL and DL... Especially from a Celina type of team. But if you get too focused on the middle of the field with Brownwood, you might miss the best part. It happens so fast! What I would really love to see is how well the Wood's D handles the WingT of Monahans this week. What would have been good would have been to see this team take on 2006 or 2007 LH or 2007 Celina. Now that would have been a heck of a 3 games right there. Good Football, gota love it. I hate friggin blowouts. The game we lost to Lovejoy was 3-0 until 6 minutes to go. It sounds boring but it was far from it to me. Spread teams are exciting if they are clicking like Brownwood appears to be but if a stout D ever hampers that spread by rattlin the QB, they need a running game and it appears Brownwood has that covered too. The question is can you stop a Wing T or a Slot T that is well executed. Your defense the next 3 games will need to win the Championship for you IMO.

ccmom
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM

I thought it was hilarious, too!

Sorry, Louiee....;)

Have a safe trip tomorrow! You won't know how to act since you don't have to travel!! :clap:

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Old LB

As most of us know, Brownwood can pound it all night if they wanted to. Athletes are there!

Ranger Mom
What I would really love to see is how well the Wood's D handles the WingT of Monahans this week. What would have been good would have been to see this team take on 2006 or 2007 LH or 2007 Celina. Now that would have been a heck of a 3 games right there. Good Football, gota love it. I hate friggin blowouts. The game we lost to Lovejoy was 3-0 until 6 minutes to go. It sounds boring but it was far from it to me. Spread teams are exciting if they are clicking like Brownwood appears to be but if a stout D ever hampers that spread by rattlin the QB, they need a running game and it appears Brownwood has that covered too. The question is can you stop a Wing T or a Slot T that is well executed. Your defense the next 3 games will need to win the Championship for you IMO.

I really don't care who wins this game, one way or another...whoever does has my support from here on out though.

I am with you, I hate blowouts. I would LOVE to see a good close game.

M-town lobo fan
Originally posted by Old LB
It would be even funnier if Monahans beats Brownwood Period:D

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
I really don't care who wins this game, one way or another...whoever does has my support from here on out though.

I am with you, I hate blowouts. I would LOVE to see a good close game.

Just don't be too disappointed if it's not close. :D

Bullbatt
12-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Does not matter who wins this game, the Region II winner will win the state semi-final game. It does matter because Brownwood is going for #8!

Ranger Mom
12-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Just don't be too disappointed if it's not close. :D

If it's a blowout, we will be gone right after the M&G!!

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Tell them what they won Johnnie!

ccmom
12-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey does anybody have a smiley that signifies something going right over someone's head? :doh:

I find myself wanting one of those ALL THE TIME! :D

Ranger Mom
12-02-2010, 09:32 PM
This post BREAKS the record!!!!

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Tell them what they won Johnnie! Well What do they win??? :D I was here when it happened!

ccmom
12-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Sweeeeet! :clap:

I'm glad it was you and not one of these stinky boys!! :p

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
What I would really love to see is how well the Wood's D handles the WingT of Monahans this week. What would have been good would have been to see this team take on 2006 or 2007 LH or 2007 Celina. Now that would have been a heck of a 3 games right there. Good Football, gota love it. I hate friggin blowouts. The game we lost to Lovejoy was 3-0 until 6 minutes to go. It sounds boring but it was far from it to me. Spread teams are exciting if they are clicking like Brownwood appears to be but if a stout D ever hampers that spread by rattlin the QB, they need a running game and it appears Brownwood has that covered too. The question is can you stop a Wing T or a Slot T that is well executed. Your defense the next 3 games will need to win the Championship for you IMO.

Good post. Jaxon is one of Brownwood's best defensive players. Just him being able to stand back and await the punt disrupts teams so much they give Brownwood very favorable field position if he doesn't even get the ball.

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
This post BREAKS the record!!!! you serious:eek:

ccmom
12-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Good post. Jaxon is one of Brownwood's best defensive players. Just him being able to stand back and await the punt disrupts teams so much they give Brownwood very favorable field position if he doesn't even get the ball.

Quit acting like you know football! You didn't know any of that until I told you!! :rolleyes:

Old LB
Originally posted by 5wide
lucky bwood is 3a cause a team like denton ryan would mop the floor with ya!!!

:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
Hey does anybody have a smiley that signifies something going right over someone's head? :doh:

http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1772.gif

That's all I could find on such short notice!

Ranger Mom
12-02-2010, 09:36 PM
you serious:eek:

Yeppers!!:clap: :clap:

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeppers!!:clap: :clap: We are bonded for life :D

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Going on a break now. Got TV to watch with Momma. I have been batchin it all week. She is home now. :D

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Going on a break now. Got TV to watch with Momma. I have been batchin it all week. She is home now. :D

I think I am going to shut it down too, You guys keep it going and get it to 2000....

Ranger Mom
12-02-2010, 09:42 PM

That's a tough one!!:thinking:

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/communicate/insults/clueless.gif

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:43 PM
We are bonded for life :D

Well at least Monahans got in the record books.

Louie13
12-02-2010, 09:43 PM

Louie,
I have eaten at the one in SA before and it seemed to be alright! My husband doesn't seem to be grossing out too bad about having to take me there, so it's all good!!:D

ALERT!!!!!

Only 16 posts away!!!!

In the interest of food critique, I went by Grandy's today, and got a little take out. It was quite delicious.

And I don't think I "mispelled" one word. LOL:vrycnfsd: :thumbsup: :vrycnfsd:

ccmom
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
That's a tough one!!:thinking:

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/communicate/insults/clueless.gif

I like that one!! :clap: ;)

Ranger Mom
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
In the interest of food critique, I went by Grandy's today, and got a little take out. It was quite delicious.

And I don't think I "mispelled" one word. LOL:vrycnfsd: :thumbsup: :vrycnfsd:

That is one thing I love about firefox (and IE might have it now too) is the built in spell checker!!

So you went to the one in San Angelo??

LionFan72
12-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Beginning of the season, I had lots of questions about our defense, but we scored so many points so quickly, it was a moot point. The defense has vastly improved with the proof in the Bridgeport game. The Bulls had a very decent offense and was contained handily by the D. Yes we gave up yards, but shut them down when it mattered. Not the overall shut down defense of previous champions I have seen, but efficient. And you know about our offense, second to none! Let us finish our business this year before we tackle 2011.

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Quit acting like you know football! You didn't know any of that until I told you!! :rolleyes:

Lol! Yeah, I forgot. You hang around here to get your football knowledge! :doh:

Inmateboss
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM

Good job RM!!!!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Well at least Monahans got in the record books. :thumbsup: We are Honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Brownwood especially twice in a week

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I could be way off but I think after this game, people will leave more impressed by our D than our O. We are due for that hard-nosed, physical, shut down type game. I'm ready for tomorrow!

After the game either myself or my girlfriend will be very upset driving home!

hollywood
12-02-2010, 09:54 PM
:thumbsup: We are Honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Brownwood especially twice in a week

And you guys might be able to be in it again if Monahans holds Brownwood to under 35 points! :devil:

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hollywood
And you guys might be able to be in it again if Monahans holds Brownwood to under 35 points! :devil: [/QUOTE
What do we get if we hold you to under 28:thinking:

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hollywood
And you guys might be able to be in it again if Monahans holds Brownwood to under 35 points! :devil: [/QUOTE
What do we get if we hold you to under 28:thinking:

A 28-0 buttwhoopin :D

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 10:01 PM
A 28-0 buttwhoopin :D
We havnt given up 28 since week 0...Mission impossible :D

AngeloState39
12-02-2010, 10:04 PM
its been fun guys goodluck to both teams. see yall tomorrow!

DaHop72
12-02-2010, 10:04 PM
He knows everything. Including the fact that Monahans only chance to beat Brownwood is next year. And even then he has no clue about the talent we have coming back... :doh: :doh: Wow, Coach Shipley doesn't know about the talent he had coming back??:thinking: :thinking: Now you even diss your own coach.:nerd: :nerd:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 10:05 PM
LOL@Rocket talking about being "right" when it comes to predictions. For the love of God, dont you have a memory?

SHUT UP, WIMPY! lol Don't bring logic into this now.

Bullbatt
12-02-2010, 10:05 PM

I am new tothe board but will try and make it.

Rocket
12-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:doh: :doh: Wow, Coach Shipley doesn't know about the talent he had coming back??:thinking: :thinking: Now you even diss your own coach.:nerd: :nerd:

I was talking about that ignorant Monahans poster...

Rocket
12-02-2010, 10:07 PM

If you would speak plainly and not in woman hieroglyphics, these dumb men would understand you.

Tin Cup
12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
See you Brownwood peeps about 5 tomorrow!

As for you GOGREENGOS, it's been a pleasure. Good luck tomorrow, wishing you all the best!

GO LIONS!!!

M-town lobo fan
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
All BS aside,It was fun,It was real but its almost game time.I'm out.See everyone at the game..Goodluck to both teams and have a safe trip to all:)
P.S.Brownwood Posters are funny and cool!

Bullbatt
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM

Are you 4 Bwood Or Against Bwoow. Followin this thread it is hard to tell.:confused:

Rocket
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
All BS aside,It was fun,It was real but its almost game time.I'm out.See everyone at the game..Goodluck to both teams and have a safe trip to all:)
P.S.Brownwood Posters are funny and cool!

See you tomorrow! :kiss:

BwdLion73
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I've enjoyed the Monahans bull....safe trip to all and see you at the game.:)

Tejastrue
12-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Don't stop now? Have a couple of Four Lokos and keep it going!! LOL!!!

ccmom
12-02-2010, 10:39 PM
If you would speak plainly and not in woman hieroglyphics, these dumb men would understand you.

Shut up, Rockee!! :mad:

Was that plain enough for you?? :doh:

Oh wait, you said "men"...I only saw the part that said "dumb". My mistake! :devil:

:kiss:

hollywood
12-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Over and out for tonight! It has been a fun thread! Monahans posters are awesome! We'll see everyone tomorrow! Last I counted, possibly 20 showing for the M&G. We can make it one of the best! Maybe another record if we get some stragglers!!

P.S. Garcia, you better show up friend! I don't want to be forced to have your head put on the back of a Lobo! :D

BwdLion73
12-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Don't stop now? Have a couple of Four Lokos and keep it going!! LOL!!!

Goodnight 4 Loboes...:) See ya at the half. :p

bobcat1
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM

And I don't think I "mispelled" one word. LOL:vrycnfsd: :thumbsup: :vrycnfsd: "Mispelled" is actually spelled Misspelled. ;)

Rocket
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Goodnight, John Boy...

bobcat1
12-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
Are you 4 Bwood Or Against Bwoow. Followin this thread it is hard to tell.:confused: I am for football in its purest sense. I love smashmouth exciting football whether form a spread going against a great D or a great disciplined D going aagainst a great ground and pound O. I think this is what happens tomorrow. Which team will impose its will?? Tomorrow will tell the tale. Good luck to both teams and stay away injury bug! I'll be listening to Dallas "the King of the Airways" Houston. Get my T-Shirt Ready! I'm coming to the SC game. Will I be photographed in Maroon or in my Orange Bobcat's 2007 Jersey! That's the deal. If Brownwood wins I'm maroon, if not I'm in the 8 time 2007 model State Champs jersey. Garcia, you have to put Rocket in a Celina Jersey if Brownwood fails or me in a Brownwood jersey if they win. Deal? Deal!

bobcat1
12-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Goodnight, John Boy... Good luck my friend!

Rocket
12-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Good luck my friend!

Thanks! I will be in touch.

Quatroloboes
12-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Logan mitchell is gonna stop shipley mitchell is the best lockdown corner in all of 3a

91 lion
12-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Quatroloboes
Logan mitchell is gonna stop shipley mitchell is the best lockdown corner in all of 3a

Welcome to the Board!....and No He Is Not!:cool:

91 lion
12-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Safe travels to all!Safe travels to all!

Tres Lobos
12-03-2010, 03:09 AM

Quatroloboes is drinking something good tonight!

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 03:44 AM
SHUT UP, WIMPY! lol Don't bring logic into this now.

LOLOL...good point.

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 05:25 AM

Quatrolobos has been drinking Quatro Lokos. :D

BullBoy
12-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Logan mitchell is gonna stop shipley mitchell is the best lockdown corner in all of 3a :eek: :eek: :eek:

BEAST
12-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Congratulations to Monahans on a real good 13-1 football season. Basketball starts Monday.

BEAST.

LionFan72
12-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Today is FOOTBALL Friday, finally! See you all at the game tonight. Safe Travels and good football, priceless.........GO LIONS:D

bobcat1
12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Congratulations to Monahans on a real good 13-1 football season. Basketball starts Monday.

BEAST. Somebody is going to be 13-1 for sure.;)

Steers95
12-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Monahans in a late game upset.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Good luck to both teams. Dont really have a dog in this fight seeing we have our own dogfight going on tonight as well. Of course, who wouldnt like to see the underdog do well and beat Goliath?...its natural for neutral parties to make that choice. And of course, many here would love to jab Rocket if they lose (ya know I'm right!). But honestly, I say Brownwood <bows head> is just too darned strong in too many positions and categories...they will overwhelm the Loboes. BUT...beware of the Loboes...you make a few mistakes and you might find yourself in trouble! Good luck guys...drive safe!

Louie13
12-03-2010, 09:13 AM
"Mispelled" is actually spelled Misspelled. ;)

Yes, Bobcat, that's why I keep doing it. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it!

But I do like your ability to spell. Are you married? LOL:inlove:

LionFan72
12-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes, Bobcat, that's why I keep doing it. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it!

Careful Louie, I understand he doubles as a caboose, lots of SC's and nachos to keep him happy!!!:D :D :D

teetle
12-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Wells, here it be. Owens gonna puts his plan into actions. Rork gonna haves a great night. Lobos gonna shock Brownswoods. Shipley aints gonna knows whats hit him. Goods lucks to both teams. Brownswoods yous gonna needs it.:D :bigcry: :bigcry: :taunt:

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 09:19 AM

LOUIE13 IS A CHICK????

Steers95
Good luck to both teams. Dont really have a dog in this fight seeing we have our own dogfight going on tonight as well. Of course, who wouldnt like to see the underdog do well and beat Goliath?...its natural for neutral parties to make that choice. And of course, many here would love to jab Rocket if they lose (ya know I'm right!). But honestly, I say Brownwood <bows head> is just too darned strong in too many positions and categories...they will overwhelm the Loboes. BUT...beware of the Loboes...you make a few mistakes and you might find yourself in trouble! Good luck guys...drive safe!

:iagree:

95mustang
Safe travels to all this afternoon and tonight.

LionFan72
12-03-2010, 09:20 AM

And good luck with your game tonight, pulling for a Texan Win! Ya'll be careful down there and meet us at Cowboy Stadium!:smoker: :smoker:

Louie13
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
That is one thing I love about firefox (and IE might have it now too) is the built in spell checker!!

So you went to the one in San Angelo??

YESMAM! I sure did. I work 1 mi from that lovely stadium, and have been visualizing the Lion there for weeks now. And mi casa is 3 mi from that lovely stadium. (Actually it's only lovely when the Lions are playing there. San Angelo Central is having a hard time of doing it justice.)

When I go by at lunch, I'll check it out for Brownwood fans already stalking the parking lot. LOL:thinking: :eek: :thinking:

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail Story | Font Size

Joel A. says: Battle of philosophies highlights Monahans-Brownwood matchup
Comments 0
December 02, 2010 10:47 PM
BY JOEL A. ERICKSON
A clash of styles has been set for the Class 3A Division II playoffs tonight.

Lined up on one sideline is Monahans, a traditional Wing-T offense, a team built to pound the ball down a defense’s throat, eat clock and eliminate scoring opportunities for the other team.

Lined up on the other sideline is Brownwood, a true spread offense, a lightning-fast explosion of an attack that really doesn’t need more than two minutes to score. The Lions do not care how many times the opponent touches the ball.

All Brownwood wants is another chance to get its offense back on the field.

The Wing-T represents tradition. At the turn of the century, the spread represented an innovation by a few select programs, but so many teams have copied the offense that it’s almost become the official base formation of amateur football.

High schools across the state use the spread. All four Big 12 universities — Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor — in the state run some form of the offense.

And to all the people who say the NFL doesn’t use the spread, that notion is ridiculous. Watch the Saints or the Colts or the Packers or the Patriots on any given Sunday. When those teams spread four or five receivers across the field and start throwing bubble screens, you’re watching the spread.

So the spread is no longer a novelty. It has become the norm.

And Monahans’ ground-and-pound style is not just a nod to an era that has already passed. When the right team is handing off the ball, a punishing running attack is just as effective as it ever was.

Ask the Loboes, who hold the same unblemished 13-0 record as the No. 1-ranked Lions. Ask Euless Trinity and Coppell, the Class 5A Division I state quarterfinalists that have rolled up 4,742 and 2,792 rushing yards this season, respectively.

Talk to the Wisconsin Badgers, a team that never met a fullback it didn’t like, sitting at 11-1 and ranked No. 5. Or even the nation’s three remaining undefeated teams at the top of every poll in America.

Oregon, Auburn and TCU rank fifth, sixth and ninth in the nation in rushing offense this season.

Turns out that the traditional approach has also become the new fad, the novelty attack that is taking football by storm. UCLA knocked off formerly mighty Texas this season using the Pistol formation, a scheme designed to keep the ball on the ground at all costs.

And who can blame any of these teams?

Defenses have gotten smaller, faster and more mobile in the last decade to keep up with the spread. Sometimes, the best way to beat a defense like that is to run right over it.

So Monahans and Brownwood is not a clash between the old and the new, between tradition and innovation.

Tonight’s game is simply a clash between power and speed.

A battle that should be a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

Link (http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/monahans-7380-oavarsity-down-tonight.html)

wimbo_pro
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
GREAT article....well said!!!
"So Monahans and Brownwood is not a clash between the old and the new, between tradition and innovation."

EXACTLY!!!

Louie13
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote from Scott Lancaster, Dec 7, 1978, as reported in the Abilene Reporter News article, "Lancaster Not Adding Calories"

"We're pretty small. Something I guess we make up for with a lot of heart and hard running."

:clap: :eek: :clap:

LionFan72
12-03-2010, 09:41 AM
After 114 pages, I feel like I failed the first grade, again! Dang, we have learned absolutely nothing, other than Lion and Loboe posters really love their teams. Guess we did learn a little geography and spelling, but alas, tonight we will learn some math! Better bring your calculators Monahans cause you will run out of fingers and toes!

hollywood
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail Story | Font Size

Joel A. says: Battle of philosophies highlights Monahans-Brownwood matchup
Comments 0
December 02, 2010 10:47 PM
BY JOEL A. ERICKSON
A clash of styles has been set for the Class 3A Division II playoffs tonight.

So Monahans and Brownwood is not a clash between the old and the new, between tradition and innovation.

Tonight’s game is simply a clash between power and speed.

A battle that should be a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

Link (http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/monahans-7380-oavarsity-down-tonight.html)

Great article!

I agree with 2 of the 3 things he says at the end.
1. It is between tradition and innovation.
2. It will be a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

But, clash between power and speed? Not as simple as that.;) People will find out that Brownwood has all of the above! Lots of power to go with that speed. That's why this game has the potential to get out of hand by half time. It's one thing to have 1 of the 2, but if you have both... you get Brownwood. :clap: :D :cool:

Ranger Mom
12-03-2010, 09:45 AM
After 114 pages, I feel like I failed the first grade, again! Dang, we have learned absolutely nothing, other than Lion and Loboe posters really love their teams. Guess we did learn a little geography and spelling, but alas, tonight we will learn some math! Better bring your calculators Monahans cause you will run out of fingers and toes!

Well me and Hollywood found out that we may be distant relatives!!!

Oh wait.....that wasn't on this thread!!

Forget it!!

hollywood
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Here is my question. Who has Monahans played with a decent passing game? Oh I am sure they play well at stopping the run and running the ball. Either way, they must be respected for going 13-0. This is Brownwood's chance to prove they are the Elite.

You can guarantee that Brownwood is going to be firing on all cylinders Friday night. Chastain will be back (hasn't played a full game since Sweetwater). You also have to know that the Brownwood coaches will have a bag full of never before seen tricks for good ol' Monahans. Brownwood can stop the run. And I think we have some great coaches still hanging around from the Wood era that know a little about the Wing T. I would put Monahans on the same level as Snyder. If Snyder was 100%, they would have won.

Brownwood rolls.

49-24

Rocket is on target with this. Just a reminder.

LionFan72
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
nm

LionFan72
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Forget it!!

KISSIN cousins???? Hillbilly heaven! Erase that image......

hollywood
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Forget it!!

Distant, but at any rate, relatives. ;)

So does that mean that I get special treatment on here? :D

Ranger Mom
12-03-2010, 09:56 AM
KISSIN cousins???? Hillbilly heaven! Erase that image......

Well considering we have never met....I don't think so!!

I don't think we have met anyway!!!:p

teetle
12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Owens, he be having some trick plays too. He know all the trick plays. Pole cat, wrap draws. He gonna unleash thems on Brownswoods.:D :bigcry: :bigcry: :taunt:

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Owens, he be having some trick plays too. He know all the trick plays. Pole cat, wrap draws. He gonna unleash thems on Brownswoods.:D :bigcry: :bigcry: :taunt:

Keep 'em coming El teet! LOL

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Hollywood, you and I must not leave a very lasting impression :D

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Well considering we have never met....I don't think so!!

Not yet. I've only been to a few M&G's and they were all in Brownwood. Nothing like the first time! :clap:

See everyone there.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2010, 10:20 AM

So I HAVE met him???:blush: :blush:

I think all you Brownwood people should be required to wear nametags!!!

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:22 AM

Where's the 3ADL love????

She did say that they were all a blur. ;)

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
So I HAVE met him???:blush: :blush:

I think all you Brownwood people should be required to wear nametags!!!

RoyceTTU but not me. If I could just sport the mohawk like the movie, that would leave a lasting impression!:p

Ranger Mom
12-03-2010, 10:25 AM
RoyceTTU but not me. If I could just sport the mohawk like the movie, that would leave a lasting impression!:p

It most definitely would....I think you should do that!!!

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 10:28 AM

The pregame Whooosky and Margaritas are getting to her. :D

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 10:29 AM
If I could just sport the mohawk like the movie, that would leave a lasting impression!:p

You mean that didn't look like you :confused: :confused: :confused: :doh: :doh:

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
It most definitely would....I think you should do that!!!

Haha, sorry, not my style ese. lol

Besides, I don't have enough hair anymore. :mad: Dang that Stephen F. Austin lineage!

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:35 AM
You mean that didn't look like you :confused: :confused: :confused: :doh: :doh:

LOL. Close... nah, not even close. lol

Don't make me throw my hand signs at you tonight ese! lol

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 10:41 AM

Like these :confused:

http://thefreshword.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/gang-signs.jpg

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Or like this? :D :D :D :D

http://www.clicknet.cc/images/gang_signs.jpg

hollywood
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM

LOL.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2010, 10:50 AM

If that is Hollywood, I will probably recognize him!!!!!!

bobcat1
12-03-2010, 11:01 AM

But I do like your ability to spell. Are you married? LOL:inlove: Why yes I am. She is one lucky lady to have me too.:cool:

steers2
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Could someone please send me scoring updates via text?

BwdLions
12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Well, it's been a fun week. The countdown has begun. A little less than nine hours from now, we'll see which 13-0 team from Reg. 1 advances to meet a team from East Texas. Everyone have a safe trip (and wear maroon). :p

ccmom
12-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Yeah...he's right. He doesn't look like that guy BUT...

he does sport the "pants on the ground" look and flashes gang signs at inappropriate times. It takes all kinds...:doh:

gonktacular
12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I'd love to make the M&G but I'm usually tied up at halftime with the band on the sidelines.

I'll wave or something :D

Rocket
12-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Why yes I am. She is one lucky lady to have me too.:cool:

Debatable...:rolleyes:

garciap77
12-03-2010, 12:10 PM

skins4life
Hollywood
95mustang
Ranger Mom
Sweetwater Red
RoyceTTU
TinCup
BwdLion73
Rocket
angelostate39
hispanictitanic
91 lion
Looking4#8
tex_male
Louie
ccmom
Tres Lobos
GP77:cheerl:

vet93
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Let me begin by saying that I believe that Brownwood will win this game and very well could win big. However, I have seen Coach Owens get miraculous effort and execution out of his players in the past. If the game is close, and it comes down to the 4th quarter (which I don't expect) then I would give the edge to the Loboes. It will take a monumental effort by Monahans and mistakes by Brownwood for the Loboes to win....not likely....but possible which is what makes high school football so great this time of year.

bobcat1
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Debatable...:rolleyes: LOL! Remember the old Jerry Clower story? Mama don't want you messin with the deal she's got! He was one of my Dad's childhood friends. Grew up together in Mississippi.

Click Me -->Listen! Click this link! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR63U7_Y7Ik)

skins4life
12-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
I'd love to make the M&G but I'm usually tied up at halftime with the band on the sidelines.

I'll wave or something :D

Excuses, excuses.. :D :D

gonktacular
12-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Excuses, excuses.. :D :D

They're like butts - everybody's got 'em and they all stink.

The Mrs. is one of the Brownwood band directors. Gotta stay out of trouble!

BullBoy
12-03-2010, 01:59 PM
good luck to both teams.

Monahans is good each and every year but i just don't think they will have enough to defeat brownwood.

will this game be broadcast online anywhere?

95mustang
12-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
good luck to both teams.

Monahans is good each and every year but i just don't think they will have enough to defeat brownwood.

will this game be broadcast online anywhere?

You can listen to Dallas Huston on koxe.com

Top of the page there will be a link to the game.

BullBoy
12-03-2010, 02:03 PM
You can listen to Dallas Huston on koxe.com

Top of the page there will be a link to the game.

Thanks! i appreciate it.:thumbsup:

teetle
12-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Ills bes ats the meet and greets.:D :eek: :eek: :D

tex_male
12-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Leaving to San Angelo in 2 hrs.

20loboes10
12-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Let me begin by saying that I believe that Brownwood will win this game and very well could win big. However, I have seen Coach Owens get miraculous effort and execution out of his players in the past. If the game is close, and it comes down to the 4th quarter (which I don't expect) then I would give the edge to the Loboes. It will take a monumental effort by Monahans and mistakes by Brownwood for the Loboes to win....not likely....but possible which is what makes high school football so great this time of year.

I like this except for not giving Monahans the win. ;) The Loboes won't roll over and give up. They will fight till the very end which makes this game so interesting. Monahans is outmatched but if they can play fundamental football and keep the mistakes to a minimum there is a chance they can pull out a win. Us Monahans fans keep talking bout heart because frankly that is all we have on Brownwood.

RoyceTTU
12-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
Us Monahans fans keep talking bout heart because frankly that is all we have on Brownwood.

Well, I can name some other things.......
1. the Home side is bigger than the Visitor
2. you do have a 50/50 shot at the coin flip(don't give up on this one)
3. A misspelled mascot
4. Tumble weeds
5. A green Santa (but we do have Santa in a plane pulling a Lion flag so this might be a PUSH)

I'm sure I can name some others but don't want to do all the work for you :D :D :D

In all honestly, I wish you all the best intentions and it has been a fun week of banter. Be safe and have fun.

For those at the M&G I'll see ya there :clap: :clap: :clap: