PDA

View Full Version : Teams that gone from good to bad to worse.

mwisnews
09-15-2003, 05:27 PM
People name me some teams that have gone from good to bad or even worse. I'll give you an example of a team my school Plano. I know their 5A, but they were 2001 playoff team that nearly beat Lufkin. A year later stunk that year. They went from a 7-3 team to a 3-7 team. They lost against people that they used to kill badly. The sad thing about it was that I watched from the stands the entire season. I was upset and disappointed. Then I left for college and they go from bad to worse. They lost 35-5 against 4A Highland Park and then 58-13 to a team called Fossil Ridge. This week they are playing Duncanville, a team we only beat once in the last 8 years. All, I have to say is that I am so glad I don't have watch my high school crash and burn this season. Sadly, a team that has 7 state titles goes from being a respected team in the state to a joke. So name teams and reason why the teams have gone down the toliet.

trojandad
09-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Down here it's Cleveland, by far. They were as tough as it gets in the mid 90's.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Goliad was pretty good from about '94 to '98 with a combined record of 41-15, but since then they've gone 15-26...

Their worst season was in '00, going 1-9, but it looks to me like they're on their way back up to average again...

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

JasperDog94
09-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Bridge City says they are going through a rebuilding year. They seem to be a little down this year but I don't think I would consider them bad by any means. Other than them, the only other team that is really struggling this year is Sinton. (sorry Sinton guys and gals) I know that last year after they lost to Burnet, several Sinton posters said that this would be a down year. Unfortunately it looks to be the case.

I do look for both teams to rebound quickly though.

District303aPastPlayer
09-15-2003, 07:59 PM
I along with most of the other Sinton posters have no problem swallowing this as just a down year for us... Next 2 years will be good for us..

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-15-2003, 08:10 PM
If there was someone from the RGV that used to dominate the area in football, it would be the Harlingen Cardinals. I know, they're not 3A.

But, reason why I mention them is the fact that as recently as the mid-90s, it was NOTHING for them to make a deep run in the 5A playoffs, beating some very good teams along the way. However, ever since the school split (Harlingen South HS was built) Harlingen High's football team has NEVER been the same. They're still good, but nowhere near the level they used to be.

And yes, I totally agree that Plano's once mighty Wildcats are now a joke of a football team. So much so that I know some RGV teams that would smack Plano around like rag dolls.

sinton 1316
09-15-2003, 09:26 PM
in Sinton's defense, they havent exactly been playing the easiest teams
a lot of our losses have been due to mental mistakes and fumbles...both can be corrected
i sincerely think youll see a new team playing against orange grove friday night

pirate4state
09-15-2003, 09:52 PM
I'll hold you to it 1316!! :D j/k I do hope to see a better team this Friday. Don't forget the bug repellent! eek!

sinton 1316
09-15-2003, 10:00 PM
hold me to it...lol
clints back...pj's still limping around

Gobbla2001
09-16-2003, 01:01 AM
I like ole Sinton, and though fumbles CAN be an excuse, it still falls into the place of overall 'team' effort... Not fumbling is just as important as catching a pass or tackling somebody, they're all things that you need to get W's...

Matthew328
09-16-2003, 07:03 AM
How about Lamesa? Man what happened to those guys?

Chris Hart
09-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Don't leave out Marble Falls. They were a perennial 3A power in the early 90's, and at the first of their tenure in 4A. They have completely fell off the map, as they haven't won a game in years.

big69
09-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Rusk used to be a powerhouse forever but for a couple of years they had down seasons. But now it looks like they are getting back to their old self.