PDA

View Full Version : brownwood vsm borger updates

RoyceTTU
11-26-2010, 06:39 PM
First update. There are already a couple thousand in line on the home side and the gates arnt open. Going to be fun today. Go lions

Inmateboss
11-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Keep us posted!! You have the hammer!

OldNavy
11-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Is there a link to this game?

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Is there a link to this game? Brownwood Borger Game Link (http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/koxe.portal#)

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Both teams punt after first possesions.

DDBooger
11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Both teams punt after first possesions. :eek:
Has BW punted on its first possession all year?

Tin Cup
11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Who got ball first?

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Borger

Tin Cup
11-26-2010, 08:56 PM
BWD 7-0

hollywood
11-26-2010, 09:05 PM
14-0 BW

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Don't forget BW is playing a team pronounced:
Bor-zhay :eek:

The Lions are playing a French team tonight.:doh:

BullBoy
11-26-2010, 09:33 PM
WHOA!!! BROWNWOOD PUNTING!!!!! 3 TIMES IN ONE GAME!!! it's unbelievable, i would have to see it to believe it, is the borger defense that good or is brownwood having an off night? i just tuned in to the game..

DDBooger
11-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
WHOA!!! BROWNWOOD PUNTING!!!!! 3 TIMES IN ONE GAME!!! it's unbelievable, i would have to see it to believe it, is the borger defense that good or is brownwood having an off night? i just tuned in to the game.. have a link to it?

BullBoy
11-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
have a link to it? http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/koxe.portal#

Troybuilt
Keep those updates coming... I don't have sound on this computer!

BullBoy
Originally posted by DDBooger
have a link to it? found that link on a thread here somewhere.

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Brownwood up 21-0 and punted 3 times in a half but technically only twice since the last one was a failed fake punt. Borgers defense is trying but their offense is sputtering.

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
found that link on a thread here somewhere. Game Link (http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/koxe.portal#)

Troybuilt
11-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks Bobcat... Keep those updates coming.. Still no sound on this computer.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Bwood INT Return for TD

28-0

ccmom
11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I went to the first half of the game and I have this to report....

When you spill an entire cup of hot chocolate all over you in 37 degree weather, it is no longer "hot" chocolate. It's a cold, wet mess. :( :(

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Brownwood burns a timeout, 10 offensive players took the field, QB forgot that he was playing apparently and stayed on a knee on the sideline.

ccmom
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Brownwood burns a timeout, 10 offensive players took the field, QB forgot that he was playing apparently and stayed on a knee on the sideline.

When I was there the first half, the QB did not seem himself at all. Several bad passes and just wasn't as sharp as he has been the other two games I have seen him.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Rushing TD 35-0 BWood

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
When I was there the first half, the QB did not seem himself at all. Several bad passes and just wasn't as sharp as he has been the other two games I have seen him.

yeah not sure how a QB would forget to take the field

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 10:47 PM

When you spill an entire cup of hot chocolate all over you in 37 degree weather, it is no longer "hot" chocolate. It's a cold, wet mess. :( :( Aww. That is sad.

ccmom
11-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Aww. That is sad.

Thank you I was looking for that sympathy!! :D

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 10:49 PM
When I was there the first half, the QB did not seem himself at all. Several bad passes and just wasn't as sharp as he has been the other two games I have seen him. Has he been hit hard? May have a slight concussion

ccmom
11-26-2010, 10:50 PM
89 Yd Kick return by Borger

35-6

ccmom
11-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Has he been hit hard? May have a slight concussion

I never saw him get hit. Just seems off.

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Great season Borger! Nice win Brownwood.

hollywood
11-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Another good win for BW! Congrats! Borger's offense was not very impressive, but their defense was one of the best we've seen all year. DB's were not only fast but could cover well. Props to Borger!

Graylon seemed to be off, I agree. Not sure what was going on tonight. Maybe too much turkey yesterday?

ccmom
11-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Another good win for BW! Congrats! Borger's offense was not very impressive, but their defense was one of the best we've seen all year. DB's were not only fast but could cover well. Props to Borger!

Graylon seemed to be off, I agree. Not sure what was going on tonight. Maybe too much turkey yesterday? Congrats on the win!:clap:

I saw LOTS of Abilene folks at the game... Good to see! :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Any idea where the next game will be played?

Tin Cup
11-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Friday, San Angelo. 7:00

Ranger Mom
11-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Friday, San Angelo. 7:00

Awesome....gonna try and make that one. That's only 1.5 hours from me.

hollywood
11-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Awesome....gonna try and make that one. That's only 1.5 hours from me.

Awesome! 2 1/2 for me! :mad:

I was spoiled with last weeks game in my backyard!

Tin Cup
11-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Ya well it's 5 1/2 for me. I drove it tonight. Geez Louise

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Great win Brownwood, get another one next week and i can get my wish. Carthage and Brownwood game. The speed from the East is coming. Should be one heck of a ball game if they both can get there.

garciap77
11-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Congrats BW!:clap: :clap: :clap:

It was nice sitting with RoyceTTU and his family! Great bunch of people! Full house on the BW side!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6488.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6486.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6452.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6538.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6638.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6607.jpg

SintonFan
11-27-2010, 01:08 AM

When you spill an entire cup of hot chocolate all over you in 37 degree weather, it is no longer "hot" chocolate. It's a cold, wet mess. :( :(

If it's any consolation:

I'm sure many of the young bucks here made hot wet messes of themselves reading that.:D

BEAST
11-27-2010, 01:25 AM
My observation:

1 Borgers D is the best we have seen all year.

2 Graylon was just flat off tonight. He did well running the ball but he and the receivers were just flat off.

3 Next week we will finally get Chastain back. Our offense is much different without him. When he is the other wideout, you cant put 3 to 4 guys on Shipley or he will kill you.

We will be fine. We played without Luke Chastain and without 2 of our starting LBs and did just fine. All will be back 100% next week. They couldve played tonight but the coaches decided to rest em up and let them get back to full strength.

BEAST

SintonFan
11-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Next week will be more difficult.

My prediction. :nerd:

bwdaggie
11-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Next week will be more difficult.

My prediction. :nerd:

well, it is the region championship...everyone knows it gets tougher each week. Lions will be prepared!
we did survive a somewhat "off" night. GO LIONS!!

DDBooger
11-27-2010, 01:38 AM
congrats BW

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Another good win for BW! Congrats! Borger's offense was not very impressive, but their defense was one of the best we've seen all year. DB's were not only fast but could cover well.
Congrats Brownwood!!I told you Borger D was good and their O was horrible all you had to do was score 21 and it was game over:) Borger has the best D monahans has faced all year also..

LionFan72
11-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Congrats to the Borger Bullpups on fine defense and disrupting the passing game last night. Did not work out for them either, as 11 more have experienced. The defense was as advertised, and the defen ends quick and awesome, hard hitters!

The Brownwood O was shooting itself in the foot at every opportunity, I wish I could say it was an off night, but I really believe that Borger defense and the weather had more to do with it than anything else. It was COLD last night! Running game was solid and picked up the little slack that was given!

QB was in another zone, not one we are used to seeing, overthrowing, hitting defensive players, and only two TD's to Shipley, etc.

Great Display of sportsmanship by both teams last night, and another win for the Mighty Lions, not the turf dominatinating we are used to, but the defense came up for an outstanding show against a predominately one dimensional opponent! Great Job Goon Squad! Why is it we can win by 29, and be disappointed by our showing?

It is the playoffs, the teams we see from here only get tougher, have a great week of preparation, get everyone healthy, and kick that offense into high gear next week.

We ARE Brownwood!

navajo joe
11-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Congrats Brownwood!!I told you Borger D was good and their O was horrible all you had to do was score 21 and it was game over:) Borger has the best D monahans has faced all year also.. I told also told you the Borger defense was good they had five sacks on us the week before

Looking4number8
11-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Either our offense was off or the Borger Defense was just that good, I dont know, it was ugly at times but it was still a nice win.'

The best part was our defense. Thery had a very good running game coming into the game but Borger never got the ball past the 50 yard line... I think they only crossed their 35 once or twice... that was pretty inpressive

RoyceTTU
11-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Brownwood's offense got a little dose of humility last night and it was a good thing. We had to rely on the running game much more and seemed very lathargic throughout the game on offense. I put the blame on these things.

1. Borger defense was better than we expected

2. The thanksgiving schedule had everyone's rythem off.

3. One key injury made it tough for us to release shipley more.

4. It was cold. Most say this isn't a factor once your warm on the field, i disagree, the kids were jittering around down there.

Good news, most of these can be corrected and the weather for next weeks game is supposed to 15-20 degrees warmer.

Borger offense wasn't very good, but Brownwood's defense showed why they are overlooked. Against a one demential run-team it was on lock down all night. They only crossed the 50 once and it was by a couple of yards. And that was including the 2nd teamers.

I agree that I must be spoiled because I left with a 29 point win and felt like we had lost. Most teams would love that margin.

Garcia sat with me and the christopher crew. I enjoyed hosting him. His knowledge of history of HS football dwarfs mine. He is fun to listen too. He is welcome any game :D

Go LIONS!!!

pirate4state
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
:thinking: hmmmmmmmmm only 35 points Brownwood? I don't care if they were the BEST defense you've seen all year! :hand: YOU ARE BROWNWOOD! I expect 50+ out of you week in & week out. :tisk: And I also don't care that it was 35-0 before they scored on a kick-off return. 35 points in the 3rd round in Region I? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

C'mon Rocket --- get 'em back in shape! LOL

hollywood
11-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: hmmmmmmmmm only 35 points Brownwood? I don't care if they were the BEST defense you've seen all year! :hand: YOU ARE BROWNWOOD! I expect 50+ out of you week in & week out. :tisk: And I also don't care that it was 35-0 before they scored on a kick-off return. 35 points in the 3rd round in Region I? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

C'mon Rocket --- get 'em back in shape! LOL

Didn't want to show a lot to the scouts! Obviosly Brownwood was the dominant team and didn't need to give them anything to prepare for. :D

Rocket
11-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Shipley pulled the starters with 9:30 to go in the 4th Quarter. 14 more points was an easily attainable feat at that point. Don't get it twisted P4S... You know Rocket has the Lions on their toes. ;) (Yes I just referred to myself in the third person).

Louie13
11-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Garcia, That's some awesome pictures. You must have a really good camera/lens. I did not move at half-time to go the M&G. Rocket was sitting 2 rows below me and he didn't move at half-time either. Too far, and too cold. But from the angle you took this, I was not far away. I was on the top row under the press box and under the W on ShotWell. I like the pic where the 2 players are alreading making contact and the others are still in their stance.

Louie13
11-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Awesome! 2 1/2 for me! :mad:

I was spoiled with last weeks game in my backyard!

Hey, it's my turn, Ive been waiting on this for several weeks. This stadium is 10 min from my house and 4 min from where I work. I'm in Hog Heaven.

Anybody who gets to SA early enough to eat and wants a suggestion, I have some favorites who are not a chain and that most out-of-towners will not know about--I'm particularly thinking about my fav Mexican place.

Louie13
11-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by navajo joe
I told also told you the Borger defense was good they had five sacks on us the week before

I too thought the Borger Def was the best we had played all year. Yeah, there were several of you that told us this in advance.

But I can guarantee you, our O was off. Our QB was not his typical self. I saw him on the sidelines when the whole O team was on the field and one of the coaches came to get him and send him out. Too late -- time out.

Yes, we are all spoiled. If we don't score 61, we feel like we didn't win.

Our D played really good. We'll get our O back on track for Fri. It was really cold -- we've had no chance to get used to that! Hopefully the weather holds for us this week. Lions will rise to meet the occasion.

garciap77
11-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Garcia, That's some awesome pictures. You must have a really good camera/lens. I did not move at half-time to go the M&G. Rocket was sitting 2 rows below me and he didn't move at half-time either. Too far, and too cold. But from the angle you took this, I was not far away. I was on the top row under the press box and under the W on ShotWell. I like the pic where the 2 players are alreading making contact and the others are still in their stance.

I saw Rocket's brother, so I knew he was there somewhere. He might not have move, because rumor (coming for the Whataburger in Early) is; someone put a "HIT" on him!:D I don't think there was a M&G, because Borger does not have any posters that I know of! I hope to make BW/Monahans game! I'm sure there will be a M&G there!:D

P.S. # 64 Delapaz, I think, was firing out all night long!:clap: :clap: :clap:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6607.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6605.jpg