PDA

View Full Version : Steven Mcgee

tigerfan99
11-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Jon Kitna has done a great job but now its time to see what mcgee has. Your thoughts

Looking4number8
11-26-2010, 08:52 AM
I dont think the rest of this season is as much about the future QB as it is about the future Head Coach.

Old Dog
11-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Dallas coaches and/or owner seem determined to play only one man at quarterback at all times. Kitna nor McGee took a single snap in 2009. I assume the games were too close. Now they have been too close to let McGee at least take a few end of game snaps.

I would imagine Mcgee is really frustrated while his old and younger buddy, Colt is getting lots of snaps in Cleveland! Sure he is getting paid, but it has to be hard on anyone who is highly competitive. Maybe he will get a shot. Sad thing though, with the possibilities of new leadership next year, he might get the door and never set foot on the field during a regulation game.

AngeloState39
11-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I dont think the rest of this season is as much about the future QB as it is about the future Head Coach. agreed. jason garrett isnt going to riskit, he should just go with what is kind of working.

vet93
11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
No upside for Garret to play McGee. If McGee starts and plays well then it will only cause a controversy when Romo is healthy. If McGee makes rookie mistakes...which are likely, then it would reflect on Garrett and his ability to lead the cowboys as a potential future head coach. Either way, barring injury, McGee sits.

11TARPON
11-26-2010, 04:43 PM
McGee had his opportunity to prove himself during preseason and he performed terrible if you remember. As a matter of fact he didn't perform that great at A&M. The Cowboys need to finish the season on a positive note not tinker with a QB that won't handle the pressure of a real game ( e.g. At Philadelphia). Hopefully the next coach will clean house of all the players that are there just fillin positions.