PDA

View Full Version : texas

eagleqb_14
11-25-2010, 10:40 PM
take care of the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crap this is ridiculous

Keith7
11-25-2010, 10:46 PM
http://surfingbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

orange machine
11-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Garrett Gilbert has alot of growing up to do with his decision making.

Tin Cup
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't hear a&m making the "we are young and inexperienced" excuses like I've been making and hearing for Texas this year. The honest truth is we don't have the heart and execution right now. Sometimes 3/4star guys who play big are better than the 5 star all-world high school stars Texas gets. You gotta earn it in college. It's not just inherited

BaseballUmp
11-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
http://surfingbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

EPIC!!!

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Aggies are gonna be great next year. Good job A&M.:clap: :clap: :clap:

wildstangs
11-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I don't hear a&m making the "we are young and inexperienced" excuses like I've been making and hearing for Texas this year.

They aren't used to winning. Good points about Texas though. I'm just glad the misery is over - Texas will be back.

Tannehill should have started all year long at QB.

95mustang
11-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Isn't Texas the only Big XII south school not bowl eligible?

espn1
11-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I don't hear a&m making the "we are young and inexperienced" excuses like I've been making and hearing for Texas this year. The honest truth is we don't have the heart and execution right now. Sometimes 3/4star guys who play big are better than the 5 star all-world high school stars Texas gets. You gotta earn it in college. It's not just inherited Yeah! But A&M has always sucked and this is new for Texas!

Inmateboss
11-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Aggies are gonna be great next year. Good job A&M.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Whoop !!!!!:clap:

Inmateboss
11-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Yeah! But A&M has always sucked and this is new for Texas!

Yep, just like Snyder!!:eek: And both of them are still kicking Butt!!!:thinking:

Maybe Case could get it done???

navscanmaster
11-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Yeah! But A&M has always sucked and this is new for Texas!

Were you saying that in the 80s and 90s when they were the premiere program in the state? SMU was better than Texas in those years, too. A team that has always sucked doesn't go 19-18 against the almighty Longhorns since '72.

Not mad or butthurt by your comment, but eager nonetheless to point out the irony.:p

NastySlot
11-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Were you saying that in the 80s and 90s when they were the premiere program in the state? SMU was better than Texas in those years, too. A team that has always sucked doesn't go 19-18 against the almighty Longhorns since '72.

Not mad or butthurt by your comment, but eager nonetheless to point out the irony.:p

it s just another comment made by one of the many horn fans...that have only been fans for the last 5 or so years.

just let it go.................there are some good horn fans...my family members that are texas grads.are being good sports about it right now........they give me reason to believe there are some good horn fans out there still.

wildstangs
11-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Wasnt SMU (and I think a&m got in trouble too) breaking major rules during that time frame?

NastySlot
11-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Wasnt SMU (and I think a&m got in trouble too) breaking major rules during that time frame?

at one time or another all the swc schools were in trouble.....well maybe not rice.

wildstangs
11-26-2010, 12:28 AM
They were just smart enough to not get caught!

ziggy29
11-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Yeah, but the NCAA wasn't going to hit one of its glamour programs with the death penalty, so SMU was its sacrifical lamb.

bigYoe
11-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Yeah, but the NCAA wasn't going to hit one of its glamour programs with the death penalty, so SMU was its sacrifical lamb.
SMU without a doubt took the biggest hit, seriously just look at where they are now. Back in the day when it was the big 8 and the SWC the programs were totally different, and alot of the programs that were Elite back then arent up to par now days. SMU took a HUGE step forward by gettin June from Hawaii and the Run and Gun is working out for them quite positively. Yet, they are still SMU and today's crowd doesnt quite recognize them as a once football powerhouse. These days its all about the Big 12, SEC, and TCU or MAYBE Houston.