orange machine
11-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm ready for football season.

MesquiteFan
11-25-2010, 08:22 PM
There's still college and the NFL, unless you're a Cowboys fan. :rolleyes:

orange machine
11-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I like college and NFL, but it's not friday night Bobcat football. I'm still numb from last Friday night. It's gonna be a very long off season.

ccmom
11-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I'm ready for football season. Unfortunately...I feel your pain. :bigcry: :bigcry:

MesquiteFan
11-25-2010, 08:40 PM
I like college and NFL, but it's not friday night Bobcat football. I'm still numb from last Friday night. It's gonna be a very long off season.

That loss was tough, for sure. But from what I hear, the orange will be back and better than ever

orange machine
11-25-2010, 08:48 PM
As long as the coaches can find some runningbacks to help the one returning the offense should be flat out awesome running behind the massive oline next year. Don't know what to expect on defense, but I think they will be pretty good we will see it's ashame it's so far away I'm ready now.

Keith7
11-25-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm ready for football season.

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

MesquiteFan
11-25-2010, 08:53 PM
As long as the coaches can find some runningbacks to help the one returning the offense should be flat out awesome running behind the massive oline next year. Don't know what to expect on defense, but I think they will be pretty good we will see it's ashame it's so far away I'm ready now.

Which one is coming back?

orange machine
11-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Jamark Simmons 33 he improved alot this year from last year if he can improve like that again he will be a very good back.

MesquiteFan
11-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Jamark Simmons 33 he improved alot this year from last year if he can improve like that again he will be a very good back.

Yeah, he was the leading rusher, I believe. He will be a very good back running behind that offensive line. Will Brooks step in and become the new QB? If so, will they continue to throw it some like they did this year or stick with the run behind the big oline?

orange machine
11-25-2010, 09:31 PM
I can't say for sure if Brooks will be the qb, but I think he is the front runner obviously. Brooks is more of duel threat qb he can pass and run and in Celina's offense it is better suited for a running qb. I think the strength will be on offense behind the oline.

waterboy
11-26-2010, 02:09 PM
It's definitely not the same, but you can always pick a playoff game to go watch, or another team to follow. That way you get to watch more high school football without all the stress of wondering if your team will win.:cool:

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
It's definitely not the same, but you can always pick a playoff game to go watch, or another team to follow. That way you get to watch more high school football without all the stress of wondering if your team will win.:cool:

Good point, waterboy. Usually when MISD teams bow out (first round or earlier lol) I just go watch the games out at Cowboys Stadium (and Texas Stadium before that, RIP :( ) and the games at the Mesquite stadiums. Still a lot of good football out there.

waterboy
11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Good point, waterboy. Usually when MISD teams bow out (first round or earlier lol) I just go watch the games out at Cowboys Stadium (and Texas Stadium before that, RIP :( ) and the games at the Mesquite stadiums. Still a lot of good football out there.
If I lived in Mesquite I'd have to go watch Henderson against Lovejoy tonight, and go watch Daingerfield knock the stripes off of them Grandview Zebras tomorrow.:D

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 04:03 PM
If I lived in Mesquite I'd have to go watch Henderson against Lovejoy tonight, and go watch Daingerfield knock the stripes off of them Grandview Zebras tomorrow.:D

I'll be at Hanby tonight to watch Henderson and Lovejoy, but tomorrow I'm going to the Death Star to watch Mesquite Poteet and Highland Park, and I think the Southlake Carroll game is before that one.

waterboy
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll be at Hanby tonight to watch Henderson and Lovejoy, but tomorrow I'm going to the Death Star to watch Mesquite Poteet and Highland Park, and I think the Southlake Carroll game is before that one.
That's cool. I think Henderson wins tonight, and Highland Park wins tomorrow.....:D ......sorry.;)

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 04:11 PM
That's cool. I think Henderson wins tonight, and Highland Park wins tomorrow.....:D ......sorry.;)

Haha you might be right, but Poteet is scrappy. I didn't think they would beat Whitehouse last week, but their defense is too good. I wouldn't be surprised to see Poteet pull it out, but we'll see.

As for tonight, I disagree with you :D but it should be a great game

waterboy
11-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Haha you might be right, but Poteet is scrappy. I didn't think they would beat Whitehouse last week, but their defense is too good. I wouldn't be surprised to see Poteet pull it out, but we'll see.

As for tonight, I disagree with you :D but it should be a great game
Poteet definitely surprised me last week. It's possible they do it again, but..........it is the Scots.

I also have to pull for our 16-3A brethren for the win against Lovejoy. I may not be entirely objective about that matchup.:D

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Poteet definitely surprised me last week. It's possible they do it again, but..........it is the Scots.

I also have to pull for our 16-3A brethren for the win against Lovejoy. I may not be entirely objective about that matchup.:D

Henderson is in uncharted territory here. They haven't been in the playoffs since 2003 and haven't been three rounds deep since 1992. Lovejoy was here last year and won.

I really like the fact that Henderson has been tested though. They played a gauntlet of a schedule

waterboy
11-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Henderson is in uncharted territory here. They haven't been in the playoffs since 2003 and haven't been three rounds deep since 1992. Lovejoy was here last year and won.

I really like the fact that Henderson has been tested though. They played a gauntlet of a schedule
True. I think the thing about Henderson is whether they have the ability to put FOUR quarters together. They have a tendency, for whatever reason, to play flat (or down to their opponent) for a couple of quarters, and then turn it on. If they can put together FOUR complete quarters there's not many teams out there that can beat them, in my opinion. Don't ever count the Lions out, even if they get down by 3 or 4 TDs. Just a word of warning.:D

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
True. I think the thing about Henderson is whether they have the ability to put FOUR quarters together. They have a tendency, for whatever reason, to play flat (or down to their opponent) for a couple of quarters, and then turn it on. If they can put together FOUR complete quarters there's not many teams out there that can beat them, in my opinion. Don't ever count the Lions out, even if they get down by 3 or 4 TDs. Just a word of warning.:D

Haha that's the truth... 29-6 down to Pittsburg and 28-13 down to Lindale and beat them both. If they come out on fire and play their game, it'll be up for grabs

gatordaze
11-26-2010, 05:04 PM

The boys and I will be there as well sporting our Celina Orange and pulling for the Leopards on the LJ side. Then its up at the crack of dawn to head for Gameday in Stillwater! Still wearing Orange and pulling for the Pokes!

A bad day of football will always be better than a good day at work!

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
The boys and I will be there as well sporting our Celina Orange and pulling for the Leopards on the LJ side. Then its up at the crack of dawn to head for Gameday in Stillwater! Still wearing Orange and pulling for the Pokes!

A bad day of football will always be better than a good day at work!

Sounds like a good weekend, gator!

Phil C
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Be encouraged. We have basketball and then baseball and softball season to get us through. And then the Tour de France to get us through July.

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Be encouraged. We have basketball and then baseball and softball season to get us through. And then the Tour de France to get us through July.

Phil, what do you think about Contador still pleading his innocence?

ccmom
11-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Mesquite fan...you could make a day of it tomorrow and watch Abilene Cooper and then Abilene High. It's Abilene day at Jerryworld!

LionFan72
11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
The best football in the entire state is going on all around you, pick up the bits and ride that pony to a stadium near you! The best of the best remains, and only a few miles down the road to Cowbag Stadium!

Sorry for your disappointing exit last week, but after 29 years of disappointment, you get a feeling there is always hope! Come join me at the state finals, I will be there for some "FOOTBALL!"

MesquiteFan
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Mesquite fan...you could make a day of it tomorrow and watch Abilene Cooper and then Abilene High. It's Abilene day at Jerryworld!

I saw the entire Abilene game. Was Sims sick in the first half? That's the rumor I heard and why he wasn't playing. I was really shocked at the performance that SLC put up...this is their worst talent pool in a while (but still very good). The QB was a sophomore.

Louie13
11-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Yes, that's what I read in the Ablene paper. That he was in the locker room with an IV. I didn't see what the illness was all about. Too bad. Ronnel is such a good player.

ccmom
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I saw the entire Abilene game. Was Sims sick in the first half? That's the rumor I heard and why he wasn't playing. I was really shocked at the performance that SLC put up...this is their worst talent pool in a while (but still very good). The QB was a sophomore. Yes he was dehydrated and was receiving IV fluids during the first half....some sort of stomach bug or good poisoning type thing. I was shocked when he came in for the second half. Tough kiddo.

MesquiteFan
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I thought the backup did an OK job in his absence, but with Sims the whole game, it might have been a different outcome. I could also tell that the Abilene defense wasn't as dominant as last year.

But good luck to SLC, they will get stomped by Guyer. Kudos to Guyer too..first year in 5A and have a shot at being in the semifinals.