PDA

View Full Version : Lovejoy

firstdown
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok LL posters I'm hearing rumors again. Is there a movement to get the QB (Means) back on the team? I hear he didn't actually drink just tried to help cover up for the other two.

BullBoy
11-24-2010, 03:33 PM
just a curious reader here, how much of a difference would Means make for the lovejoy offense if he comes back? i know he is a hell of an athlete, is lovejoy better with or without means?:thinking:

Charlie47
11-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
just a curious reader here, how much of a difference would Means make for the lovejoy offense if he comes back? i know he is a hell of an athlete, is lovejoy better with or without means?:thinking:

First, I have not heard of any rumors concerning the drinking incident.
It did not seem to me to be something he would do. I do know he is an honor student.

Our offense is still good with Michael not in there, however with the two QB set it's awesome! It would be wonderful to have him in there. I
certainly hope these rumors are true!;)

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 03:42 PM
I read this somewhere else. Says his dad is leading an investigation into this. Seems it would have to go before the board though and doubt the board would consider this an emergency situation in order to call a meeting. I say stick with what won ya the first two playoff games. Lovejoys defense plays the way they played the other night, dont matter who the QB is.

MesquiteFan
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Where are the rumors coming from?

Obviously, Mike is a great talent and Lovejoy would love to have a weapon like that in their lineup. But they are confident in Lusby.

firstdown
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I think he would be more of a distraction than anything. They seemed to play just fine last week. I wonder if anyone talked to the coach about this or if a parent is just trying to work some magic? It's been three weeks since this all happened...

MesquiteFan
11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I think he would be more of a distraction than anything. They seemed to play just fine last week. I wonder if anyone talked to the coach about this or if a parent is just trying to work some magic? It's been three weeks since this all happened...

Yeah, I can't imagine that they all of a sudden after three weeks decided to look into this more and speak up about him not being involved. And I don't see him being a distraction if he really wasn't involved. All those guys are still best friends no matter what happened.

RPF2666
11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I think it would be a mistake, from a 'Lesson' standpoint.

From solely a 'football' standpoint, I think they could use the help offensively. The offense I saw against Celina was pretty pedestrian so additional options would help them.
(Please don't consider this a knock on Lovejoy as the won the game, fair and square) I think this time of year the healthier and fuller your roster the better, as each week you face quality opponents.

Good luck Leopards...

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
I think it would be a mistake, from a 'Lesson' standpoint.

From solely a 'football' standpoint, I think they could use the help offensively. The offense I saw against Celina was pretty pedestrian so additional options would help them.
(Please don't consider this a knock on Lovejoy as the won the game, fair and square) I think this time of year the healthier and fuller your roster the better, as each week you face quality opponents.

Good luck Leopards... I disagree. If he did not drink he deserves to play. I also disagree with the pedestrian part. Our defense was playing pretty good itself. I mean it was 3-0 with 6 minutes left in the game. I am for the kids playing especially an honor student in his senior year that actually might have done no more wrong than to try and cover for his friends.

nobogey72
11-24-2010, 04:43 PM
From the first time I heard about the drinking incident, it sounded like some episode on the TV show "Friday Night Lights" with Means being JD McCoy. Now, if the dad is getting involved and trying to "work some magic" then he sounds like JD McCoy's dad on the TV show. None of that probably made any sense.

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
It did not seem to me to be something he would do. I do know he is an honor student.
Sorry Charlie (no pun intended lol), but being an honor student doesn't exempt a kid from making a bad decision. I don't have any knowledge of THIS situation, just saying that NO kid is exempt.

Y'all mind your p's & q's over this! It's a sticky situation and the minute it goes South, it's done. :)

Charlie47
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sorry Charlie (no pun intended lol), but being an honor student doesn't exempt a kid from making a bad decision. I don't have any knowledge of THIS situation, just saying that NO kid is exempt.

Y'all mind your p's & q's over this! It's a sticky situation and the minute it goes South, it's done. :)

LHPM, I certainly agree with you about kids involvement. I was just making a statement, that this is a quality young man. :)

wimbo_pro
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
OK...someone tell the rumors. You can leave out the names...just player#1, player#2, etc.

RoyceTTU
11-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
From the first time I heard about the drinking incident, it sounded like some episode on the TV show "Friday Night Lights" with Means being JD McCoy. Now, if the dad is getting involved and trying to "work some magic" then he sounds like JD McCoy's dad on the TV show. None of that probably made any sense.

Bogey, i follow you 100%. I'm a FNL watcher. And yes I agree, it sounds like the dad is trying to use his last(no pun intended) mulligan.

If he drank or helped cover it up or even participated in any way of spiking....he deserves the life lesson of reaping the consequences.

You can't teach a kid that when you get in trouble, your parants will bail you out everytime.

As for a distraction, if we are already talking about it, then it's a distraction.

JMHO

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
If he drank or helped cover it up or even participated in any way of spiking....he deserves the life lesson of reaping the consequences.

You can't teach a kid that when you get in trouble, your parants will bail you out everytime.

What ^he^ said.

Emerson1
11-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Honor students always party the hardest.

'Necks 2013-14
11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Where are the rumors coming from?

Obviously, Mike is a great talent and Lovejoy would love to have a weapon like that in their lineup. But they are confident in Lusby. sorry--will try again.

'Necks 2013-14
11-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Yeah, I can't imagine that they all of a sudden after three weeks decided to look into this more and speak up about him not being involved. And I don't see him being a distraction if he really wasn't involved. All those guys are still best friends no matter what happened. Doug Collins REALLY said THAT??!!??

Charlie47
11-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Doug Collins REALLY said THAT??!!??

Who's Doug Collins?:confused: ;)

12thMan
11-25-2010, 12:05 AM
I see good, smart kids make bad decisions all the time. We all do. Covering something like this up is the same as doing it in my book. From what it sounds like, it's all a bunch of rumors anyway. The coach dismissed the players for violating team rules, he should stick to the decision.

As for the father, this doesn't help the boy at all. This is a good life lesson for the players.

MesquiteFan
11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Who's Doug Collins?:confused: ;)

Charlie, he's the head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA and was a television analyst for NBC and TNT. And yeah, he really said that lol

wimbo_pro
11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I do have one question, though. Here we have a rumor about wrong-doing by a student...with the students name being used in the first post...and not a word from those who spoke up when I did the same a few weeks ago. I guess I am confused...is it OK to name names in "rumors", or is it not? My post was quickly modified and commented on. I can think of at least 8 posters who are old-timers on this board who spoke up on the last one, but not a word on this one. Why is that?

LeopardFan92
11-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Their names have been in the local press since then. That might be the reason.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LeopardFan92
Their names have been in the local press since then. That might be the reason.

Good point. But then again, so was the kid at LaVega.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2010, 08:24 PM
bump

wimbo_pro
bump

wimbo_pro
bump

wimbo_pro
11-25-2010, 08:25 PM
***?? This 3ADownlow has been VERY strange this Thanksgiving Thursday.

50 yard line fan
11-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
***?? This 3ADownlow has been VERY strange this Thanksgiving Thursday.

***? Wednesday, Thursday, Friday? :D