PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Bridgeport Bulls stats after week 2

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2002, 12:35 AM
As mentioned earlier, the Bulls beat Mineral Wells 53-13. Mineral Wells played very hard and was a better team than Burkburnett. Kudos to them for playing tough all game long. Not meant to be a dig on the Rams, but Bridgeport clearly outgunned them. Lot's of folks will look at the score and say the Rams didn't bring much. I hope they all hear me say that the Rams fought till the end and should be proud.

Bridgeport O was on fire, starters yanked out with 5+ minutes left to play in 3rd Quarter. Defense is improving, gave up a few big ones but also made a few big ones. They also started subbing in during 3rd Qtr. The D unit should continue to gel for next 2 or 3 games and be ready by district.

Other folks have already posted most stats, I will post boxscore sometime this weekend.

After the game we sat around and chewed the fat some. Here are a few stats for others to chew on...

In two games the Bulls have scored 101 points. The defense has allowed 34. (50 and 17 ppg respectively).

YTD, QB Phillip Daugherty has thrown for (unofficially, incl tonights stats.) 608 yards and 10 TDs. This comes in less than 5 quarters of play. (avg 121 yds and 2 TDs per quarter).

He has thrown to 6 different receivers. Leading receiver is Joseph Krebs, with 5(?) tds and one punt return for TD. Krebs had a really nice 73 yd TD pass tonite. I don't have total yds for him yet but it is around 300 now.

Man, I am heading to the sack. Thank the Good Lord Texas High School Football is back in full swing.

By the way, good job to Decatur, Aledo, Commerce, and all the others on their wins tonight. Didn't have the chance to stay up and read 'em all.

Slpybear

BULLS'89 #70
You can take a boy out of ol Dixieland, but you'll never take ol Dixie from the boy.