PDA

View Full Version : So Thanksgiving is Just About Murder?

ronwx5x
11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Excuse me for being naive and old fashioned, however I thought Thanksgiving was about being thankful for all we have been blessed with and enjoying family. Ms. Jolie seems to have the holiday feeling mixed up with Jeffrey Dahmer.

She may be famous, but it obviously is not for her historical perspective. If anyone should be thankful for all they have it would be her. I for one never once thought of Thanksgiving as a day for celebrating killing native Americans. Maybe I am too thoughtless and haven't considered the true ramifications.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/24/angelina-jolie-hates-thanksgiving-refuses-celebrate-report-says/?test=faces

waterboy
11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I've got a better idea for Angelina Jolie........when she leaves the country, STAY GONE! Actors and actresses are some of the weirdest people on the face of the earth. Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for all the things that God has had the grace to bestow on you. If you don't like what this country stands for, please leave it and stay gone. That's the way I see it. Okay.....rant over.:cool:

DU_stud04
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
i thought that is what thanksgiving was for.... a celebratory dinner for dominating another race, taking whats theirs and being thankful you are supreme. it is the american way isn't it?

Phil C
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
HEY!

BE THANKFUL NOT UNGRATEFUL!

:mad:

DU_stud04
11-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
HEY!

BE THANKFUL NOT UNGRATEFUL!

:mad: i was told i couldnt celebrate thanksgiving from someone because mexicans weren't at the original thanksgiving..... hahahaha

ronwx5x
11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i was told i couldnt celebrate thanksgiving from someone because mexicans weren't at the original thanksgiving..... hahahaha

Is that untrue?:devil:

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2010, 06:47 PM
i was told i couldnt celebrate thanksgiving from someone because mexicans weren't at the original thanksgiving..... hahahaha

dang what am I gonna do

SintonFan
11-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Excuse me for being naive and old fashioned, however I thought Thanksgiving was about being thankful for all we have been blessed with and enjoying family. Ms. Jolie seems to have the holiday feeling mixed up with Jeffrey Dahmer.

She may be famous, but it obviously is not for her historical perspective. If anyone should be thankful for all they have it would be her. I for one never once thought of Thanksgiving as a day for celebrating killing native Americans. Maybe I am too thoughtless and haven't considered the true ramifications.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/24/angelina-jolie-hates-thanksgiving-refuses-celebrate-report-says/?test=faces

It looks like someone has already punched her in the mouth.
I'm Thankful.:cool:

SWMustang
11-26-2010, 08:44 AM
i thought that is what thanksgiving was for.... a celebratory dinner for dominating another race, taking whats theirs and being thankful you are supreme. it is the american way isn't it?

Gad was cheering for the Pilgrims. :) People from different cultures have been fighting since the dawn of time. It's still a good time to reflect on your blessings regardless of the genesis. :)

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Ya know what..she is entitled to her opinion and she did not even announce it, a "insider" did...So if that is all true, it honestly is not fair to Jolie, she simply leaves the country and says nothing..and also we dont know how much of it was even true.

bobcat1
11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I've got a better idea for Angelina Jolie........when she leaves the country, STAY GONE! Actors and actresses are some of the weirdest people on the face of the earth. Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for all the things that God has had the grace to bestow on you. If you don't like what this country stands for, please leave it and stay gone. That's the way I see it. Okay.....rant over.:cool: Right there with you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If you don't like it just be quiet.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot ..."

DDBooger
11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Right there with you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If you don't like it just be quiet.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot ..." I find it odd people talk about the greatness of this country by suggesting others should mute their opinions or leave, flying in the face of what makes this country great. Oh well. :D Perhaps your Elliot quote applies to the inverse.

bobcat1
11-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I find it odd people talk about the greatness of this country by suggesting others should mute their opinions or leave, flying in the face of what makes this country great. Oh well. :D Perhaps your Elliot quote applies to the inverse. And yours as well.

DDBooger
11-27-2010, 11:42 AM
And yours as well. lol I'm not telling you to leave the country or be quiet! ;)

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all"

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Right there with you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If you don't like it just be quiet.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot ..."

She WAS being quiet..a "insider" was the one that gave the info, not Jolie.

BaseballUmp
11-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Blame Canada...