PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City 31 Barbers Hill 14

Old Cardinal
11-17-2002, 12:19 AM
I was a real classy game, Barbers Hill never led in the game but came back again and again. These are good teams. I think the dominance of the two seasoned linebackers, Charlie Verrett and Robert Melich in shutting down BH's running game, turned the tide. BH has a good program with good sportsmanship and they never gave up. I think the class level of Coach Tarver of BC really showed when BC's second team made a long drive to BH's goal line and he had them touch the knee and not score on the tired boys from BH that had played their heart out. Both of these teams will have good teams in the years to come and both teams have great fans.

j_dog
11-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Old Card, congratulations on your victory. Not to look ahead, but hope we get to meet up in a couple weeks. Glad to hear you made it to the Jasper game. We need the ticket sales!

BigRed01
11-17-2002, 01:23 AM
j_dog:
Old Card, congratulations on your victory. Not to look ahead, but hope we get to meet up in a couple weeks. Glad to hear you made it to the Jasper game. We need the ticket sales!Wouldn't that be an old rivilary revisited. Those two teams were in the same district in 4A for years and years. The bulldogs are in good shape this year, good luck against Yoe