PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Thanksgiving plans?

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Goin out of town or what?
We are going to The Horseshoe or Harrahs in Shreveport for Thanksgiving. Gonna have turkey and dressing at the buffet and then do some gambling.

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Stay "home", eat a Thanksgiving feast, watch Detroit dismantle
the Patriots, and hope I win some money off the Cowboy/Saints
game. Then head to SA to watch a little 3,4 and 5A football.

oldtownag
11-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Leaving for Houston today for Thanksgiving with the wife's family. Then back and forth thru Corsicana to see the Dawgs play Friday. My wussy wife and daughter don't want to sit in the cold. Maybe my son will go with me.

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Leaving for Houston today for Thanksgiving with the wife's family. Then back and forth thru Corsicana to see the Dawgs play Friday. My wussy wife and daughter don't want to sit in the cold. Maybe my son will go with me.
You should come up and take my place as color guy for that game. That way Terry wont make me stay focused and all that.

MUSTANG69
11-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Stay home with my wife. Grill a few steaks and drink a "few" cold ones. I don't think I'll even leave the patio for the whole day. No kids, no relatives, etc. Sounds like a great day.:D

oldtownag
11-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
You should come up and take my place as color guy for that game. That way Terry wont make me stay focused and all that.

If I can set in the press box with heat "YES"! I can't promise I wan't make homer call of the week though.

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 08:45 AM
If I can set in the press box with heat "YES"! I can't promise I wan't make homer call of the week though.
Wait, you can only if you use your best Dave South call!!!

garciap77
11-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Turkey, Ham, and Tamales! Then, football and beer!!!!:)

oldtownag
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
How are these:

* He got a touchdown! He got a touchdown!, He got a touchdown!
* Caught, for a first down,...,no,..,interception.
* How about them apples...
* Fighting for the first down near the 25,....,that will bring up 4th and 3 from the 28.
* Diving for the endzone,.... they will mark him out at the 10

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Turkey, Ham, and Tamales! Then, football and beer!!!!:)
Nice! You got room at your table for one more person?

garciap77
11-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Nice! You got room at your table for one more person?

Yeah! And lots of Beer!:D

P.S. You may have to sit between Nobogey and ccmom! Warning! You'll have to eat fast and drink faster!!!!

garciap77
11-24-2010, 09:09 AM
How are these:

* He got a touchdown! He got a touchdown!, He got a touchdown!
* Caught, for a first down,...,no,..,interception.
* How about them apples...
* Fighting for the first down near the 25,....,that will bring up 4th and 3 from the 28.
* Diving for the endzone,.... they will mark him out at the 10

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-023.gif*****Brownwood Beat Brownwood!!! Brownwood Beat Brownwood!!! OMG!!! Brownwood Beat Brownwood!!!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-023.gif

Bosqueville
11-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Waco to Lucas for Thanksgiving lunch. Friday, Waco to Abilene for the butt kicking. Lot of miles on the Tahoe this week!

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah! And lots of Beer!:D

P.S. You may have to sit between Nobogey and ccmom! Warning! You'll have to eat fast and drink faster!!!!
If Nobogey and ccmom dont mind me sittin by em then im fine with that! They might want to wear a pancho at the table though cuz I kinda eat like the Cookie Monster so there are food fragments flying everywhere.

garciap77
11-24-2010, 09:13 AM
If Nobogey and ccmom dont mind me sittin by em then im fine with that! They might want to wear a pancho at the table though cuz I kinda eat like the Cookie Monster so there are food fragments flying everywhere.

They wear panchos every year!:D :D :D

CenTexSports
11-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Going to Weatherford to see Mom and Dad. The 22nd was their 59th wedding anniverisary and Thanksgiving Day is his 80th birthday.

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Going to Weatherford to see Mom and Dad. The 22nd was their 59th wedding anniverisary and Thanksgiving Day is his 80th birthday.
Wow!!!! Thats awesome! 59 years!

Louie13
11-24-2010, 09:25 AM
1) Thurs: San Angelo to Brownwood (rt) for Tksgiving with son, and a lot of Lion pre-game commentary, mixed with adult beverages.
2) Fri: San Angelo to Abilene (rt) for the Borger Busting
3) Sat: San Angelo to Norton for another Tksgiving with daughter, sil, son, and post-game Lion commentary, mixed with an adult beverage or 2. LOL

I, too, am going to be putting some miles in.

3afan
11-24-2010, 09:30 AM
headed to Cove after lunch
Thur watch football and EAT all day
Fri back to DFW, Lovejoy & Henderson that night
Sat @ Cowboys Stadium for 3 games

Louie13
11-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Louie13
1) Thurs: San Angelo to Brownwood (rt) for Tksgiving with son, and a lot of Lion pre-game commentary, mixed with adult beverages.
2) Fri: San Angelo to Abilene (rt) for the Borger Busting
3) Sat: San Angelo to Norton for another Tksgiving with daughter, sil, son, and post-game Lion commentary, mixed with an adult beverage or 2. LOL

I, too, am going to be putting some miles in.

I better qualify my post. Since I am driving, I will mainly be observing the partaking of adult beverages. My share will be minimal much earlier in the day long before driving time!! No Doubt! LOL

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2010, 09:47 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-023.gif*****Brownwood Beat Brownwood!!! Brownwood Beat Brownwood!!! OMG!!! Brownwood Beat Brownwood!!!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-023.gif

Lol,already stirring a pot for thanksgiving?

Ranger Mom
11-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Stay home with my wife. Grill a few steaks and drink a "few" cold ones. I don't think I'll even leave the patio for the whole day. No kids, no relatives, etc. Sounds like a great day.:D

Dinner at my house started out to be quite a bit of family. But....one kid is going to his in-laws, another kid is working out of town and his wife and daughter are going there...stepkids aren't coming, so that just leaves my daughter and her husband. There will only be 4 of us now, down from the 12 that were originally going to be there.

I am glad...the "food" my youngest son requested is being sent with his wife, so my "things to do" list just got shorter.

Since all my kids live in town and I see them all the time, I have to admit I am quite excited that it's going to be a nice, quite and SMALL ordeal!!:D

lostaussie
11-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Leaving for Quanah in about an hour. 2 days of deer stand butt:D and then back to Ennis for the Buckeyes on Saturday. Thinking about hitting the Tatum game at 7:00 in Corsicana on the way home:thumbsup:

garciap77
11-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Lol,already stirring a pot for thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving from ccmom, bobcat1, rm, and Rocket!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/7DMF7rJDhS8rOgEd

;)

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Today: hunt.
Turkeyday: hunt. Eat. Football. Hunt.
Friday: hunt
Saturday: hunt
Sunday: hunt

lostaussie
11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Today: hunt.
Turkeyday: hunt. Eat. Football. Hunt.
Friday: hunt
Saturday: hunt
Sunday: hunt That the way I roll:D You forgot another eat at the end of the 2nd turkey day hunt!!

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 10:21 AM

;) LOL! Looks like I will be home alone with a sore throat and ear ache since my family members can't be exposed to illness right now. Oh well at least I have football on TV.

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
And I hope others are enjoying better hunting than me on this jacked up hunting season!

skins4life
11-24-2010, 10:23 AM

Same here, except for the no kids part. The two boys at TECH are coming in. Oh yeah, we got football on Friday too. :D

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Leaving for Quanah in about an hour. 2 days of deer stand butt:D and then back to Ennis for the Buckeyes on Saturday. Thinking about hitting the Tatum game at 7:00 in Corsicana on the way home:thumbsup:
Hey Dip poop, Tatum is playing in Bullard, not Corsicana :doh:

Blackcat1954
11-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Going to wife's aunt in Angleton on Thursday and a UT game party back in Wharton at night

Have to work on Friday and taking it easy on Saturday and Sunday

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
That the way I roll:D You forgot another eat at the end of the 2nd turkey day hunt!!
Yes sir! Oh, and sprinkle some good beer in throughout that schedule!

lostaussie
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey Dip poop, Tatum is playing in Bullard, not Corsicana :doh: Ain't that something. homegirl that work 4 me said corsicana. I can still make it though and be closer to home.

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Ain't that something. homegirl that work 4 me said corsicana. I can still make it though and be closer to home.
Thats pretty bad when I HAVE to correct someone.

piratebg
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Gonna be at my inlaws on Thursday. Friday I'm hitting the sales with the misses. Saturday and Sunday my son is competing in a soccer tournament in Corpus. It's gonna be a busy holiday for me.

lostaussie
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
LOL! Looks like I will be home alone with a sore throat and ear ache since my family members can't be exposed to illness right now. Oh well at least I have football on TV. oh well, its too windy for some thump thump:D

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 10:49 AM
oh well, its too windy for some thump thump:D :mad: You a real funny. About that trip, are you a good swimmer? :devil:

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 10:52 AM
:mad: You a real funny. About that trip, are you a good swimmer? :devil:
BC1, that boy would sink straight to the bottom!!!

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
BC1, that boy would sink straight to the bottom!!! :evillol: Go Argyle!

BaseballUmp
11-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Heading to Cameron in a few hours

To my grandparents tomorrow

Conroe for the Yoemen football game Friday

Then back home for a going away party for my friend that's heading off to basic training

ronwx5x
11-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Conroe for the Yoemen football game Friday

Best be heading to Woodforest Stadium in The Woodlands and not Conroe.:D

'Necks 2013-14
11-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Driving up to Lexington, TX to be with family there. GO Eagles!!!:clap:

lostaussie
11-24-2010, 11:24 AM
:mad: You a real funny. About that trip, are you a good swimmer? :devil: i think you took that the wrong way................but I know what you getting at now:D. I was talking abouth crappie fishing lol

MUSTANG69
11-24-2010, 11:25 AM
And I hope others are enjoying better hunting than me on this jacked up hunting season!

We are not seeing a lot of bucks but we are seeing the right ones. 5 out 6 people that have hunted have killed their bucks. The smallest scored 116 5/8 (management buck). The largest scored 183 3/8.

:D

lostaussie
11-24-2010, 11:27 AM
The largest scored 183 3/8.
:D that would be what i call..............a shooter:D

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 11:27 AM
i think you took that the wrong way................but I know what you getting at now:D. I was talking abouth crappie fishing lol Ahhh! :doh: I guess the loss is still too fresh. Sorry about that.

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Eating, Football, Nap. Not in any particular order...then North Texas vs Kansas State on Saturday.

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Maybe him and Lostaussie can ride together. Both of em were heading to the wrong stadium! :D

MUSTANG69
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
that would be what i call..............a shooter:D

An expensive "shooter", too.:D
This was a very beautiful 6 1/2 year old buck. (16 points)

Ranger Mom
11-24-2010, 11:46 AM

;)

To bad you couldn't have put someones head on the rocket....I mean turkey!!

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Thursday: food & aTm-UT game
Friday: MAYBE Sweeny/Wimberley in Brenham
Saturday: West Columbia/Somerset in Cypress :)
Sunday: Church and back to cstat

garciap77
11-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:thinking:

:D

ronwx5x
11-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm torn between going to Brenham to see Wimberley or staying here to watch Cameron. I'm not too sure either will be worth the cold, wet weather, but if it gets too bad, Woodforest is a whole lot closer to my house!

Think I'll wear my long johns.:thinking:

ronwx5x
11-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Maybe him and Lostaussie can ride together. Both of em were heading to the wrong stadium! :D

Wait a minute G, didn't you give them directions?:eek:

nobogey72
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I plan on getting drunk and showing off my award winning "gobbler".:D :D

BaseballUmp
11-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Same general area haha just didn't feel like spelling out shenandoah(sp?) haha and im just along for the ride

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Wait a minute G, didn't you give them directions?:eek:
:eek:

GrTigers6
11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Tonight- deer camp
Tomorrow hunt drive to coleman for dinner watch cowboys
Friday hunt
Saturday- drive to stephenville for thanksgiving dinner
Sunday - drive to brownwood for thanksgiving dinner go home
Oh and there is quite a lot cold beverages involved as well:D

garciap77
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Would a face be OK????:D

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/Wq8MZ7brEnU4Y5Sb

;)

NastySlot
11-24-2010, 02:57 PM
leaving for Dallas (Sunnyvale) in about three hours...Thursday eat Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and her family.....and than sweat out the Aggie Game....(regardless of the record the horns are talented and well coached).....hit the road back to the Hill country on Friday so my daughter can make a basketball practice saturday morning...might stop in Waco and catch Navasota/Chapel Hill ...........my daughter went to school with the current Rattler seniors (K-2)....Saturday it s Ruth Chris with the woman I love......maybe can even talk her into a late playoff game in S.A.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

waterboy
11-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Thursday: We're gonna have a traditional feast at my place around lunch. Kick back and watch some football on TV.

Friday: Probably go to Cowboys Stadium to see the Ryan / Midway game, if I can talk my wife into it.

Saturday: I'll be in Ennis watching the Buckeyes beat the Eagles.:D

SintonFan
11-24-2010, 07:58 PM
i think you took that the wrong way................but I know what you getting at now:D. I was talking abouth crappie fishing lol

Keepin' along those lines and since BC1 is staying home, you should have mentioned dolphin flogging.;)

J/K BC1...:D

SintonFan
11-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Tonight: sequencing more of the Christmas computer show over beer
Thanksgiving: food, food, sports on TV and a lil beer
Friday: work and jetting home
Saturday: putting up more Christmas lights and stuff

eagleqb_14
11-25-2010, 01:36 PM
my plan is try not to get banned from the board from sinton fan

mwrams
11-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Have Turkey dinner with my family, watch football all day and get on facebook and chat with my son as he and the rest of the 1st Cav defend our freedom in Mosul, Iraq!!!

trenchdweller
11-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Watching the dog show right now