PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood

CenTexSports
11-23-2010, 04:09 PM
I know there has not been much talk about Brownwood lately but I am going there for a football game Saturday. We will probably eat after the game. Suggestions?

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Humphrey Pete's or Underwood's

Or there's always the Whataburger in Early. :devil:

BwdLion_80
11-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Section Hand is not too far from the stadium. It is a steak house of sorts. Food is not too bad. Depending on where you are coming from makes a difference too. Mexican food you have Corina's on 279, not to far from Lake Brownwood. Gomez restaurant is not to far from Underwood's. Prima Pasta is on the highway heading out to Comanche/Ft. Worth.

Who is playing here?

CenTexSports
11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
TAPPS State semi-final: Shiner vs Lubbock

95mustang
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Who is playing here?

That's a good question. I haven't heard anything on a game. I am usually one of the first to know also(because of my line of work).

Matthew328
Brownwood doesnt have a ton of good spots to eat at....kinda odd if you ask me...I kinda like Studabakers....

Looking4number8
Section Hand is not too far from the stadium. It is a steak house of sorts. Food is not too bad. Depending on where you are coming from makes a difference too. Mexican food you have Corina's on 279, not to far from Lake Brownwood. Gomez restaurant is not to far from Underwood's. Prima Pasta is on the highway heading out to Comanche/Ft. Worth.

Who is playing here?

I think it is a TAPPS game, we had a chance to get the 5A Midland game against someone in the DFW but the saturday afternoon slot was aslready booked for a game that might bring 100 people

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Brownwood doesnt have a ton of good spots to eat at....kinda odd if you ask me...I kinda like Studabakers....

I think there are a lot of places better than Studabakers.. it is good but nothing special.

95mustang
11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
That's a good question. I haven't heard anything on a game. I am usually one of the first to know also(because of my line of work).

Okay right after I wrote this I got the call from the ISD. It is Lubbock Christian vs. Shiner Saint Paul at 4:00 p.m.

GrTigers6
11-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Kettle :D

I like Humphrey Petes

GrTigers6
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Okay right after I wrote this I got the call from the ISD. It is Lubbock Christian vs. Shiner Saint Paul at 4:00 p.m. Maybe if you were working and not on the computer you would have known sooner. :D

garciap77
11-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Humphrey Pete's or Underwood's

Or there's always the Whataburger in Early. :devil:

Humphrey Pete's is in Early:D and Underwood's is thinking about moving close to the Early Mall.:D

;)

RoyceTTU
11-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Lemon's bar-b-que or the Sticks Bar-b-que. I like Lemon's better.

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Lemon's bar-b-que or the Sticks Bar-b-que. I like Lemon's better.

Gotta argue with you on that one, I think The Sticks wins that one hands down.. and they both do business with me.

Bullaholic
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Gotta argue with you on that one, I think The Sticks wins that one hands down.. and they both do business with me.

Not any more....:D

Ranger Mom
11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I think it is a TAPPS game, we had a chance to get the 5A Midland game against someone in the DFW but the saturday afternoon slot was aslready booked for a game that might bring 100 people

Huh??

The coaches both flipped home for home before the Midland game against El Paso last Saturday was even played.

Midland won the toss if Coppell won and Duncanville won the toss if they won.

So.....Coppell is coming to Midland.

I had never heard anything about it being in Brownwood!!!

95mustang
11-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Maybe if you were working and not on the computer you would have known sooner. :D

You might be onto something, but who wants to work this week?

GrTigers6
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
You might be onto something, but who wants to work this week? yeah tell me about it im at work now. lol

Louie13
11-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Humphrey Pete's is in Early:D and Underwood's is thinking about moving close to the Early Mall.:D

;)

You are as mischievous as that monkey holding that barrel!! No need to encourage you to have fun--you have the corner on that market already captured!:)

RoyceTTU
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Wanna arm wrestle old man :D :D :D

I like them both, and the Sticks has a drive-thru, but they are always out of chicken and that don't make mrs-ttu very happy :(

They are both great and on the way, it's a great alternative to underwoods. (Sorry Paul) I'm not a fan of underwoods.

ccmom
11-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Huh??

The coaches both flipped home for home before the Midland game against El Paso last Saturday was even played.

Can I come watch??

I never liked living in Midland, but I really love playoff games at Grande. I'm sad we didn't get to play there this season. :bigcry: :bigcry:

GrTigers6
11-23-2010, 04:56 PM

I like them both, and the Sticks has a drive-thru, but they are always out of chicken and that don't make mrs-ttu very happy :(

They are both great and on the way, it's a great alternative to underwoods. (Sorry Paul) I'm not a fan of underwoods. I am not a fan of underwoods myself. Its too much like a luby's to me. Great rolls though.
Let me correct that Its better than luby's. Just seems to me like a cafeteria and not a restaurant

Matthew328
11-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Underwood's is a cafeteria...rolls rock

RoyceTTU
11-23-2010, 05:01 PM
It's out in early and way out of the way(unless your coming from east), but Mi Familia is fantastic for Mexican Food.

garciap77
11-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
You are as mischievous as that monkey holding that barrel!! No need to encourage you to have fun--you have the corner on that market already captured!:)

Louie, Louie, Louie!!! You spending to much time in Angelo!:D

;)

Go Brownwood! Beat Borger!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bosqueville
11-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Prima Pasta is the best Italian Food for the money. Beats anything we have in Waco IMO!

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Huh??

Sent you a PM about it

ccmom
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Sent you a PM about it

If you can't share with the whole class then you should just keep it to yourself!! :p

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
If you can't share with the whole class then you should just keep it to yourself!! :p

since when have I followed rules?

ccmom
11-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Nevermind....I decided to be nice since it's almost Thanksgiving. :)

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 05:22 PM

Whatever, I read it before you edited it.. went to the other room to get a tissue and got back and you had already changed it... isnt that kind of like stabbing someone with a knife then deciding you are nicer than that and pulling the knife out for them??:) :)

lostaussie
11-23-2010, 05:43 PM

Who is playing here? as an out of towner who has been there, the Section Hand is pretty kicking.

BwdLions
11-23-2010, 05:56 PM

You might as well be nice the rest of the year (since Christmas and New Year's are right around the corner). You never know, you might like being nice and make it full time. :p

GrTigers6
11-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Underwood's is a cafeteria...rolls rock Yes I know, I am just saying that I have had a lot better bbq. It is however the best cafeteria food i have eaten. And the chicken and potato salad is good as well. Just get tired of people labeling it as the bbq in texas

91 lion
11-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Yes I know, I am just saying that I have had a lot better bbq. It is however the best cafeteria food i have eaten. And the chicken and potato salad is good as well. Just get tired of people labeling it as the bbq in texas

Haven't had it in a while, but I love Smitty's BBQ.....off the beaten path....but they have some dang good brisket and ribs.

gonktacular
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM

They are both great and on the way, it's a great alternative to underwoods. (Sorry Paul) I'm not a fan of underwoods.

Underwood's was so much better when Papa Underwood was running it. :(

bwdlionfan
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
The BBQ beef steak at Underwood's is AWESOME... I've never had anything like it anywhere.

I've gotta throw them a little love.

Best Mexican food in town is Gomez

Section Hand is awesome for chicken fried steak

91 lion
11-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
The BBQ beef steak at Underwood's is AWESOME... I've never had anything like it anywhere.

I've gotta throw them a little love.

Best Mexican food in town is Gomez

Section Hand is awesome for chicken fried steak

......and the best burritos are at Allsup's :D :D :D

bobcat1
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I grew up on Underwoods when it was in Wichita Falls. I don't know how they make that beef but that and the Cherry Cobbler were and are 2 of my all time favorites!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 08:02 PM

Bite your tongue.
Brownwood's eateries are the best in Texas, especially this year. They have at least seven, count them SEVEN awesomely great eateries and might have another one this year to make it EIGHT awesomely great eateries! Better than the rest of Texas.;)

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bite your tongue.
Brownwood's eateries are the best in Texas, especially this year. They have at least seven, count them SEVEN awesomely great eateries and might have another one this year to make it EIGHT awesomely great eateries! Better than the rest of Texas.;)

you got that right!

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
you got that right!

lol
Perfect respondent and perfect timing. :D

ccmom
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You might as well be nice the rest of the year (since Christmas and New Year's are right around the corner). You never know, you might like being nice and make it full time. :p Now that would be no fun at all!! :p

95mustang
11-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Haven't had it in a while, but I love Smitty's BBQ.....off the beaten path....but they have some dang good brisket and ribs.

Smitty's is good!

BwdLion73
11-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bite your tongue.

:p ;) :D

Trashman
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Smitty's is good!

I have lived in Brownwood most of my adult life and have never had a meal there. :(

BwdLion73
11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Use to be some good stuff but I have not ate there in several years. Smitty...like all of us is getting old. If he is still cooking it most likely is pretty good.

Tin Cup
11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Never had smittys!

My favorites are section hand, beef steak at underwoods, mi familia, Gomezs, prima pasta, & of course the famous whataburger in early :D

garciap77
11-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Never had smittys!

My favorites are section hand, beef steak at underwoods, mi familia, Gomezs, prima pasta, & of course the famous whataburger in early :D

My favorite is Section Hand!:)

And "Crow Pie" at Rocket's was pretty good too! Especially in 2008!:D

Bullbatt
11-23-2010, 11:54 PM
If you like Chinese. There is a little place on Austin and Coggin named China Cafe. I strongly suggest takeout because of the size of the place but the portions are very generous and their prices are good.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I know there has not been much talk about Brownwood lately but I am going there for a football game Saturday. We will probably eat after the game. Suggestions?

Definately Humphrey Pete's!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

91 lion
11-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I have lived in Brownwood most of my adult life and have never had a meal there. :(

You are missing out! You gotta try Smitty's!

Texas State
11-24-2010, 01:06 AM
I think B-Wood could move up to 4 or 5A and would still be playing this time of year!

hookandladder
11-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Okay right after I wrote this I got the call from the ISD. It is Lubbock Christian vs. Shiner Saint Paul at 4:00 p.m.

Shiner Saint Paul is going to kick some butt , be a long ride back for the Lubbock fans.

hollywood
11-24-2010, 09:51 AM

Ahhhhh... Smitty's!!! That is some GOOD BBQ. Used to eat there quite often. I wondered if Smitty's was still open. Might just have to drop by for some brisket and ribs next time I'm in town. Texas BBQ at it's finest.

hollywood
11-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Mi Familia, Gomez's, Humphrey Pete's, Section Hand, Underwood's, are all pretty good.

*Section Hand has a decent chicken fry.
*Humphrey Pete's has a wide range of choices from grilled salmon to hamburgers.

BwdLions
11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I used to love Gomez Mexican food. When the older family members used to run it, it was one of the best. It was great in the 70s, 80s and even up into the 90s.

pero chato
11-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Steves for soup and sandwiches.

Matthew328
11-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Smitty's is excellent

Louie13
11-24-2010, 10:46 AM
You are missing out! You gotta try Smitty's!

I strongly agree. My favorite BBQ for years!!

Sville
11-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Section Hand is my favorite place in Bwood.

BwdLions
11-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Sville
Section Hand is my favorite place in Bwood.

Section Hand is a very good place to eat. It's in a very good location for football fans going to the stadium.

bwdaggie
11-24-2010, 08:31 PM
my FAVORITE in brownwood is the train!!

BWDCindie
11-24-2010, 08:36 PM
RUNAWAY TRAIN IS THE WINNER!
they open at 11 a.m. and close at 8p.m.

Looking4number8
11-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
my FAVORITE in brownwood is the train!!

Runaway train is very very good!