PDA

View Full Version : pre-game mid field student gifts

jason
11-23-2010, 03:14 PM
i was playing golf on saturday with some parents of stephenville high school students, one of which is a student who goes to mid field before games to exchange gifts with students from the other school and he said that before the stephenville vs aledo game, the gift they received from aledo students was wrapped in a 2010 state championship t-shirt....

aledo beat stephenville in the 2nd round in overtime in the playoffs last year....

thought that was pretty funny.....

Matthew328
11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Is there anything dumber than the midfield gift exchange?

turbostud
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Is there anything dumber than the midfield gift exchange?

Cheerleaders visiting the opposing side and doing silly chants and yells at the end of the track?

Matthew328
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Cheerleaders visiting the opposing side and doing silly chants and yells at the end of the track?

Good one

sahen
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
i always hoped that the good sportsmanship league pre game gift would turn into a pregame fight...esp during bigger rivalry games but when i was in school the people they picked to go out there and do it were the least likely to stir anything up...maybe they did that on purpose, but yah its dumb...

GrTigers6
11-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Cheerleaders visiting the opposing side and doing silly chants and yells at the end of the track? The band, hands down, going over during the game to be anounced to the other band members and never have understood that:thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I guess I have always wondered but have never asked....what kind of "gifts" do they give??

pirate4state
11-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Cheerleaders visiting the opposing side and doing silly chants and yells at the end of the track? HAHA :clap:

AP Panther Fan
11-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I guess I have always wondered but have never asked....what kind of "gifts" do they give??

The basket I helped my daughter put together for Ingleside a couple of years ago was mostly candy and fun, little goody bag "stuff". We decorated the basket in Ingleside colors too...I admit it was fun to do.:p

lostaussie
11-23-2010, 05:32 PM
against LE two weeks ago, in a driving rainstorm, the LE students came out to midfield with their gifts. Unfortunately for them, the buckeye students were smart enough to not get off the bus:D. They finally walked all the way over and put the gift on a trainers table. It was kinda an odd moment. I don't know if anyone ever picked it up or not:D

Phil C
11-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
against LE two weeks ago, in a driving rainstorm, the LE students came out to midfield with their gifts. Unfortunately for them, the buckeye students were smart enough to not get off the bus:D. They finally walked all the way over and put the gift on a trainers table. It was kinda an odd moment. I don't know if anyone ever picked it up or not:D

Good composure though.

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Old_School&quote=composure.txt&file=composure.wav

Eagle 1
11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Early in the season a Mason player was diagnosed with lukemia.
Goldthwaite ISD took up a collection from teachers/students and presented the family with a $1,000 check. The 1atexas football mb also named the player as the Honarary Player of the Year, and I presented the family a plaque to give him.

So not all midfield gifts are dumb.

'Necks 2013-14
11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Early in the season a Mason player was diagnosed with lukemia.
Goldthwaite ISD took up a collection from teachers/students and presented the family with a $1,000 check. The 1atexas football mb also named the player as the Honarary Player of the Year, and I presented the family a plaque to give him.

So not all midfield gifts are dumb. Total class!! I love it and wish we would see more of that kind of thing. Way to go Goldthwaite!!:clap: :clap: :clap: