PDA

View Full Version : Borger

Gsquared
11-23-2010, 02:03 PM
There is a girl in my office that is somewhat new and she is from Borger and she is really pretty. Her name is Christy. Should I tell her about her alma mater?

garciap77
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
There is a girl in my office that is somewhat new and she is from Borger and she is really pretty. Her name is Christy. Should I tell her about her alma mater?

No! Tell her about the 3ADL!:D

;)

Gsquared
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
No cuz then she wont talk to me anymore cuz yall make me sound wierd :)

RoyceTTU
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM

You mean she didn't think you were wierd when you "showed up in your boxers pointing and asking if she knew where babys come from" :D

Gsquared
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
You mean she didn't think you were wierd when you "showed up in your boxers pointing and asking if she knew where babys come from" :D
I didnt do that, ive already been warned about that three times. Our HR Department is really nit picky

BwdLions
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Gsquared, you're kidding right? Dude, you have a dancing banana in a diaper for your avatar. You're worried about someone else making you look weird.

Gsquared
11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Gsquared, you're kidding right? Dude, you have a dancing banana in a diaper for your avatar. You're worried about someone else making you look weird.
Whats wrong with bananas and diapers? Is that wierd?

BwdLions
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Whats wrong with bananas and diapers? Is that wierd?

Oh no, of course not Gsquared. That's perfectly normal.
:vrycnfsd:

BullBoy
11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
There is a girl in my office that is somewhat new and she is from Borger and she is really pretty. Her name is Christy. Should I tell her about her alma mater? yes, tell her that her hometown team has a match against the MIGHTY LIONS OF BROWNWOOD TEXAS and that they are going to get destroyed 102-6.

bobcat1
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
yes, tell her that her hometown team has a match against the MIGHTY LIONS OF BROWNWOOD TEXAS and that they are going to get destroyed 102-6. Blasphemy! How dare you put down that Borger would score! Hrrmmph!

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM

tell her to come join the dark side...

Go Lions!

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Gsquared, you're kidding right? Dude, you have a dancing banana in a diaper for your avatar. You're worried about someone else making you look weird. :) :) :)

Trashman
11-23-2010, 04:36 PM

http://thefouledplug.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/flash1.jpg

G2 on Harry Hines Blvd.

garciap77
11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
LOL

hollywood
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Trashman

G2 on Harry Hines Blvd.

:spitlol:

OMG, I almost spit my drink out laughing so hard! Harry Hines Blvd. is rough and I hope G2 isn't spotted down in those parts.

bobcat1
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
:spitlol:

OMG, I almost spit my drink out laughing so hard! Harry Hines Blvd. is rough and I hope G2 isn't spotted down in those parts. They all know him on a first name basis down there. :cool:

RoyceTTU
11-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
They all know him on a first name basis down there. :cool:

And they know he means business when he shows up in his rain-coat :D :D :D

Gsquared
11-23-2010, 04:58 PM
as a matter of fact, im going down there tonight to get a refund.

hollywood
11-23-2010, 05:01 PM
as a matter of fact, im going down there tonight to get a refund.

Uh-oh... you mean a reimbursement from the docs office?

BLACK ATTACK
11-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey, I grew up in Borger. Yeah....I know. So go easy on us hicks. We always got blew out by the great Sweetwater teams of the mid 80's. So, I have already phoned some folks back there with kids I know, and coached back in pee-wee, to let them know how sorry I am for what is about to happen to them this week.

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 08:10 PM
How do the locals pronounce "Borger"?

Is it French?:eek:

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How do the locals pronounce "Borger"?

Is it French?:eek:

It's like buger with an "or" instead of a "u":) :)

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
It's like buger with an "or" instead of a "u":) :)

So it's not that whole "Fra-zhee-ley" thing is it.

Dangit! I've always pronounced it "Bow- zhay"...:doh:

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 09:46 PM
So it's not that whole "Fra-zhee-ley" thing is it.

Dangit! I've always pronounced it "Bow- zhay"...:doh:

lol, I was just being rude, I have no idea how it is truly pronounced

bobcat1
11-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Bore Grrrr is how I have heard it.

skins4life
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM

That's right bobcat1.That's what the locals said while I was there for 7 months in '87. That's all I could stand. Brrrrr it gets cold up there!!!

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 10:30 PM

That works for me

Brownwood 62
Bore Grrr 14

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
That works for me

Brownwood 62
Bore Grrr 14

How do you pronounce "Brownwood"?

Is it Indian?:eek:

BullBoy
11-23-2010, 10:37 PM
How do you pronounce "Brownwood"?

Is it Indian?:eek:

[broun-woo d]:confused:

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 10:40 PM
[broun-woo d]:confused:

"Broun- woo- woo- woo- woo- Duh "

"Broun- woo- woo- woo- woo- Deh "

"Broun- woo- woo- woo- woo- Duh " ???:confused:

Tin Cup
11-23-2010, 10:44 PM
It's been changed from brownwoooooo in '08(lots of O but no D) to brownwooooodddddd this year(lots of both) Please don't mispronounce our great town's name :D:D

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
It's been changed from brownwoooooo in '08(lots of O but no D) to brownwooooodddddd this year(lots of both) Please don't mispronounce our great town's name :D:D

woo?

bobcat1
11-23-2010, 11:25 PM
It's actually pronounced Brownwierd accoding to my friends at Texas Truck in Stephenville.

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 11:47 PM
It's actually pronounced Brownwierd accoding to my friends at Texas Truck in Stephenville.

woo?:D

Who-dun-it!!?
11-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
No! Tell her about the 3ADL!:D

;)

:ditto: :wave:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Hey, I grew up in Borger. Yeah....I know. So go easy on us hicks. We always got blew out by the great Sweetwater teams of the mid 80's. So, I have already phoned some folks back there with kids I know, and coached back in pee-wee, to let them know how sorry I am for what is about to happen to them this week.

Don't worry Buddy. Just wear a brownwood shirt under your Borger shirt and sit on the visitors side. But wear a jacket of neutral color. Thats what I did when they donkey stomped us in Snyder. When we were tied @ 6 I was a proud Snyder fan, but shortly there after I was sportin the Maroon. But being a public servant, I also serve the good people of Brown County as well. Great tactic, you're a winner either way!

navajo joe
11-23-2010, 11:56 PM
yes, tell her that her hometown team has a match against the MIGHTY LIONS OF BROWNWOOD TEXAS and that they are going to get destroyed 102-6. The mighty lions talked the same talk last year in the playoffs about the unknown and weak Seminole Indians and we racked up 300 yards of offense and had them down by three touchdowns in the second quarter of that playoff game , i give the Brownwood coach some props because he had a backup plan a young runningback that came out and ran the ball down our throats , Because Seminole defense shut down Shippley and that spread offense they run. All i say is dont underestimate anybody on any given week because anything can happen.

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Joe, just stop talking we would beat Seminole by at least 60 points. Sorry.

Gsquared
11-24-2010, 08:04 AM
:clap:

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2010, 08:27 AM

Now that was just rude! True....but still rude! :D

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Lol any comments about Brownwood from last season with the injuries we had cannot be justified. China Spring "shut down" Shipley this year. We scored 65 points. We are so far from a one man show it's scary. Fans can look ahead all they want. But when players do this is when you have a problem.

Looking4number8
11-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Now that was just rude! True....but still rude! :D

Not too rude, Sweetwater could beat them by 59!

garciap77
11-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Lol any comments about Brownwood from last season with the injuries we had cannot be justified. China Spring "shut down" Shipley this year. We scored 65 points. We are so far from a one man show it's scary. Fans can look ahead all they want. But when players do this is when you have a problem.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

Stop listening to ROCKET!:D

;)

Go Brownwood Beat Borger!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
11-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Stop listening to ROCKET!:D

;)

Go Brownwood Beat Borger!:clap: :clap: :clap:

So where is dinner on Friday..

garciap77
11-24-2010, 09:10 AM
So where is dinner on Friday..

How about Sharon's?

BwdLions
11-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Trashman

G2 on Harry Hines Blvd.

Oh brother. That's great. :spitlol:

navajo joe
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Lol any comments about Brownwood from last season with the injuries we had cannot be justified. China Spring "shut down" Shipley this year. We scored 65 points. We are so far from a one man show it's scary. Fans can look ahead all they want. But when players do this is when you have a problem. We had that problem this year so that is our excuse starting qb out , starting running back out , starting offensive tackle out , starting lb out

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Injuries to key players cannot be overcome at the 3A level. It will eventually catch up to you

SintonFan
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Bor- zhay?

Rocket
11-24-2010, 11:28 PM

China Spring didn't shut down Shipley. Brown just exposed them in other ways. Shipley's services weren't needed that night. That is how bad CS was.

Rocket
11-24-2010, 11:30 PM
OK, here is the beauty of the Brownwood Lions 2010. You people can say all day that you had an excuse for not doing this and that because of injuries to a certain player. Last year we said if we had Brown, we would have won it all. Well, this year we actually get the chance to prove it. Most teams do not get the chance to prove it or actually do prove it. We shall see...

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
OK, here is the beauty of the Brownwood Lions 2010. You people can say all day that you had an excuse for not doing this and that because of injuries to a certain player. Last year we said if we had Brown, we would have won it all. Well, this year we actually get the chance to prove it. Most teams do not get the chance to prove it or actually do prove it. We shall see... You better be knockin on wood about now and eating your wheaties sayin your prayers you little Lionamaniac. The Lions are goin down. No 8 this year.

M-town lobo fan
11-25-2010, 09:56 AM
OK, here is the beauty of the Brownwood Lions 2010. You people can say all day that you had an excuse for not doing this and that because of injuries to a certain player. Last year we said if we had Brown, we would have won it all. Well, this year we actually get the chance to prove it. Most teams do not get the chance to prove it or actually do prove it. We shall see...
No! We wouldve won it all Last year if had our Starting QB,RB,FB,WR against Graham or anyone else :D

Tin Cup
11-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Monahans did get hit hard last year. Proly the best team they've ever had if they stay healthy. Everyone knows injuries are part of the game. They suck a lot more when they happen to your team.

crabman
11-25-2010, 12:02 PM
How many of you people in this thread have forgotten that WEIRD is one of the exceptions to the I before E rule?????? I saw at least a half dozen times.

Just sayin'.

44INAROW's momma would be proud.

Rocket
11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
No! We wouldve won it all Last year if had our Starting QB,RB,FB,WR against Graham or anyone else :D

Prove it...:D

Rocket
11-25-2010, 12:57 PM
You better be knockin on wood about now and eating your wheaties sayin your prayers you little Lionamaniac. The Lions are goin down. No 8 this year.

Wow...bitter. haha Bored on a Thanksgiving Friday?

Charlie47
11-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK

They were tough back in 1964. They beat my San Angelo Central team, coached by Emory Bellard. The beat us by 14points, we were rated #1.
The had an All American tackle, John LaGrone.:(

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Wow...bitter. haha Bored on a Thanksgiving Friday? Silly Lion. :D ;)

BLACK ATTACK
11-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
They were tough back in 1964. They beat my San Angelo Central team, coached by Emory Bellard. The beat us by 14points, we were rated #1.
The had an All American tackle, John LaGrone.:(

Yeah, I know John pretty well. He is equally intimidating as an attorney.