PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

lostaussie
11-22-2010, 06:03 PM
May I first congratulate all the teams that are still playing at Thanksgiving.............from 6-man to 5A, this is a major accomplishment:clap::clap: Some teams are old hat at this, some teams are brand new to it. Doesn't matter, if your team is still going, it's a wonderful time for the team and the community. As fans, I hope we all do what I like to call, ENJOY THE RIDE!! Take it for what it is, take time to enjoy it. We can't all win the whole thing every year, so enjoy the extra games you get to witness. Remember, the next one could be your last one for another year. One other thing. If your team loses, don't be a sore loser. I would encourage everyone to get out and go watch someone else play. Some of the best games I have ever seen were after my team was out and I just picked a game to go see. It won't be long until it's over and we will all be talking about who is going to be next years champions. Seems like it started only yesterday. Soon it will all be gone. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Wc hasnt been this far since 06. It sure is nice to still be playing, have something to look forward to and have a team with a chance to win it all. Now I know how you Gilmer guys feel every year. ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
It won't be long until it's over and we will all be talking about who is going to be next years champions.
Liberty Hill - you heard it here first. :devil:

I agree aussie! We took last weekend off, mainly because the teams we might have gone to watch were too far to get there Friday after work. This week, we'll either make the Navasota & Chapel Hill game or the Leander & whoever they're playing. Who knows? We might make both.

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 08:09 PM
This weekend is a no travel weekend for me. After that I am going. Happy Thanksgiving!

bowleghorses
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
I wont get to see or listen to any games this weekend. It is my sons last visit before he is deployed to spain for eight months, so this is his weekend.I hope everyone has a safe thanksgiving and a fabulous weekend of FOOTBALL.:clap:

44INAROW
11-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Congrats to all the teams that will have the honor of playing this weekend.. :clap: :clap:

lostaussie
11-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I agree aussie! We took last weekend off, mainly because the teams we might have gone to watch were too far to get there Friday after work. This week, we'll either make the Navasota & Chapel Hill game or the Leander & whoever they're playing. Who knows? We might make both. Perfect. I know this is a 3A board and we are all familiar with most of the teams................but there are some great games in every classification. just pick a game out within driving distance and enjoy. They aren't nearly as stessful either:D

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
May I first congratulate all the teams that are still playing at Thanksgiving.............from 6-man to 5A, this is a major accomplishment:clap::clap: Some teams are old hat at this, some teams are brand new to it. Doesn't matter, if your team is still going, it's a wonderful time for the team and the community. As fans, I hope we all do what I like to call, ENJOY THE RIDE!! Take it for what it is, take time to enjoy it. We can't all win the whole thing every year, so enjoy the extra games you get to witness. Remember, the next one could be your last one for another year. One other thing. If your team loses, don't be a sore loser. I would encourage everyone to get out and go watch someone else play. Some of the best games I have ever seen were after my team was out and I just picked a game to go see. It won't be long until it's over and we will all be talking about who is going to be next years champions. Seems like it started only yesterday. Soon it will all be gone. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Great Post:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: