PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 13 GotW: Navasota (10-2) Vs. Chapel Hill (11-1)

Chillfan
11-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I think these two teams match up very well.

Should be a great game with the better defense taking the win.

Rattler06
11-21-2010, 08:04 PM
i would like to think the rattler D will step their game up after not being able to stop huffman at all but once and a interception. like navasotas odds on offense and will win if the defense shows up.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Rattler06
i would like to think the rattler D will step their game up after not being able to stop huffman at all but once and a interception. like navasotas odds on offense and will win if the defense shows up.

Two interceptions and a fumble that was returned for a td against Huffman.

I think Navasota will see a similar game plan/style from CH.

Rattler06
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
yea your right. i will be there this friday havent got to see many rattler games because work but am looking for a big Rattler game kinda has the jasper game in the back of my mind hope to come out on top.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
yea your right. i will be there this friday havent got to see many rattler games because work but am looking for a big Rattler game kinda has the jasper game in the back of my mind hope to come out on top.

We will have to do the small things.. I. E. Hitting open receivers, and coverage especially picking up the back on those screen plays

Rattler06
11-21-2010, 08:21 PM
i watched some of the game friday you would have thought since huffman ran all those reverses and receiver screens that they would have a pass down field at the end of them i was waiting for that.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2010, 08:26 PM
i watched some of the game friday you would have thought since huffman ran all those reverses and receiver screens that they would have a pass down field at the end of them i was waiting for that.

Me too. Huffman played very well Friday. Man, I can't wait till Friday.

1st and goal
11-21-2010, 09:08 PM
When? Where? (is the game)

bigYoe
11-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Well Chapel Hill pretty much dominated Madisonville but I think the Rattlers' can beat CH if they play to the potential they're able to. Come on Rattlers let beat CH and continue to succeed in the playoffs. I'll be pulling for you guys and its not just because the more you guys win the better we look. Honestly I dont think we have any trouble looking good. Anyways, Show Ch what Rattler football is all about. Stay strong on defense and dont bite on the fakes, and offense will need to run hard, have crisp routes, and stay unpredictable.

Chillfan
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
When? Where? (is the game)

Friday 7:30 at Waco ISD.

Word is the Coaching staff is workin alot of overtime after scouting the Huffman game. They say Navasota will be best team we faced this year. CH has alot of respect for NV.

While our offense is explosive, the defense is the backbone of this team. Two of the RB's also play LB (Lee and Tucker). The dline has been playing very well. The noseguard is big and agressive. He normally is double teamed. The tackles and ends are medium size with a combination of strength and speed. The secondary is fast and aggressive. I have seen several WR's that just didnt want to catch after being hammered. The defense has slowed down some great teams (Carthage, 4a Hallsville, Lindale, and Athens)

The running game is shared by three RB's that alternate. All three are very explosive and fast. The 3rd string RB has really stepped it up the last few games and is starting to see more time give Lee and Tucker a little rest time. I have followed CH for 20 yrs and we have not had a QB with a arm like Avery Saenz. He has got a bullet. He runs well but hasnt had to much. I expect to see him get in the mix this week. WR's have good hands and good speed. CH will probably start out run heavy and open it up if needed. Watch for alot of screens and draw plays.

We know Navasota can match all of the above. I think both teams will score points and the best defensive game will win.

Hoping for a injury free game for both teams.

'Necks 2013-14
11-21-2010, 10:49 PM
:confused: No poll??

navscanmaster
11-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Scary game here. Rattlers in a thriller 43-41.

trojandad
11-22-2010, 01:21 AM
i'm afraid after the huffman game, everybody's gonna throw on navasota until they stop them.....hope you guys take them, rattlers.....

Superbacker 00'
11-22-2010, 07:10 AM
well, let me just say congrats to all the teams still chasing a state title.

As far as the Navasota Vs Chapel Hill goes i think its going to be a slug fest with both teams having great odds for wining. I will not take away anything from chapel hill but in this close of a game I got to go with my home town boys....

Navasota 35-28

K-MAC Chuck
11-22-2010, 08:23 AM
give me Navasota in this one...

Especially cuz it will make HEMOTOXIC a happy person! LOL :D :clap:

K-MAC Chuck
11-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Just because someone asked for it in the other thread for these two teams

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
give me Navasota in this one...

Especially cuz it will make HEMOTOXIC a happy person! LOL :D :clap:

You just don't know how happy this win would make me.:D

trojandad
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
You just don't know how happy this win would make me.:D

pullin for you guys, buddy :clap:

buff4ever
11-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I stick with navasota in this one

waterboy
11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Sorry, my Navasota friends, but I think Chapel Hill takes this one. Gotta pull for our former district foe, and East Texas friends. They are VERY good this year. Except for a lapse in their second game of the year against a good 4A playoff team, they have smoked everybody. They had one close game against Athens in the regular season finale, but that team is still playing also. I look for the Bulldogs to more than likely win the D1 title this year.

OldBison75
11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Chapel Hill will be the best team we have faced this year in 3A. I really believe that the Cameron Yoe in 2A are a very similar team to Chapel Hill. Cameron beat Navasota in a wild game and that could be the case again. It all depends on the Rattler team that is playing that night.

If the same effort is there that was at the Sealy game, the Rattlers will win this game. The intensity an defensive determination was the best of the year for the Rattlers. However, the defense had a little let down against Huffman and it nearly cost them. They did not tackle well and really did not get into the game defensively until the second half. Offensively, the Rattler will put up some points.

I think that the Rattlers will play thier best game of the year this week and give Chapel Hill a real battle. I think the winner will win the State Championship in Division 1.

I pick the Rattlers to win this one on a field goal by Barron, who has field goals of 42 and 48 yards already this year. That is a powerful weapon in a game like this.

Rattlers 38
Chapel Hill 35.

Chillfan
11-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Chapel Hill will be the best team we have faced this year in 3A. I really believe that the Cameron Yoe in 2A are a very similar team to Chapel Hill. Cameron beat Navasota in a wild game and that could be the case again. It all depends on the Rattler team that is playing that night.

If the same effort is there that was at the Sealy game, the Rattlers will win this game. The intensity an defensive determination was the best of the year for the Rattlers. However, the defense had a little let down against Huffman and it nearly cost them. They did not tackle well and really did not get into the game defensively until the second half. Offensively, the Rattler will put up some points.

I think that the Rattlers will play thier best game of the year this week and give Chapel Hill a real battle. I think the winner will win the State Championship in Division 1.

I pick the Rattlers to win this one on a field goal by Barron, who has field goals of 42 and 48 yards already this year. That is a powerful weapon in a game like this.

Rattlers 38
Chapel Hill 35.

Well said Bison.

Yall do have one heck of a FG Kicker.

Superbacker 00'
11-22-2010, 11:02 AM

Rattlers 38
Chapel Hill 35. :clap: :clap:

Chillfan
11-22-2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pitgoLrPbNw&feature=related
Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dog7AHpglQc
Tucker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWp4IbaqluY&feature=related
Sir Calvin

The two games in video are Carthage and Hallsville.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2010, 12:39 PM
In that Sealy game, that was the best overall performance that I had seen from the Rattlers, and yet, there was still room for improvements. Will these improvements happen Friday, IDK. But, from a fan stand point, Navasota has really surprised me. I said at the beginning of the season that Navasota would be fine come district. I saw flashes of what could be. I honestly didn't really think that we would win D23-3A. After the two losses, I started to second guess my self. But, in that Cameron game, the Rattlers showed me something that I don't think that I had seen from a Rattler team. They were beginning to trust each other and play more as a team. As they say, the rest is history. We are now on an 8 game win streak and its fun seeing them get after it and not giving up.

I look for a great game Friday. Should the Rattlers lose, it will not be from the lack of not being prepared, not playing as one unit, and not playing hard. It will be from TCH being the better team, Navasota making too many mistakes or a combination of the two. As I have stated before, good teams make others teams make bad decisions.

Good Luck to Both!

GO SNAKES!

defense51
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Chapel Hill wins

1st and goal
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Got to go with my district peeps in Navasota. They have the weapons, just need everyone's head focused and play your best defensive game of the year like you did against Giddings.

Don't let getting down a score or two mess with your heads, play hard through the last whistle.

Strike fast Rattler Nation!!!

R3Editor
11-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Who you got?

trojandad
11-22-2010, 04:59 PM
when did we vote? lol

BaseballUmp
11-22-2010, 05:00 PM
You will take it and you will like it!!!

Yoe_09
11-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
You will take it and you will like it!!!

Thats right lol. Na, there was definite consideration between those two games, but this matchup combined with the fact that the DII final will be the GotW next week, led to the final DI R3 game getting the honors this week.

trojandad
11-22-2010, 05:27 PM
well, as long as there was definite consideration, that's different.......

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE !!!!!!!!:dispntd: :crazy1: :twitch:

lol

Chillfan
11-22-2010, 06:00 PM
How far a drive is it from NV to Waco?

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Chillfan
How far a drive is it from NV to Waco?

The sign says 87-90 miles I believe on the North end of town. Its a straight shot (hwy 6) to Waco.

Yoe_09
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Navasota by 3

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Navasota by 3

I sure hope so. TCH will be really tough. But, I have faith in the Rattlers. Actually, I have more faith this year than I did going in the game last year against #1 Gilmer and the Rattlers did just fine.

GO SNAKES!

Chillfan
11-23-2010, 06:06 PM
CH Navasota

42.7 31.1 Points scored PG
253 181 Rushing YPG
198 180 Passing YPG
15.4 16.5 Points allowed PG

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
CH Navasota

42.7 31.1 Points scored PG
253 181 Rushing YPG
198 180 Passing YPG
15.4 16.5 Points allowed PG

What's Navasota's Points allowed PG after the the Rudder loss and Points allowed in the second half of those games?

I do believe Sealy was averaging over 40+ Points PG. The Rattlers allowed 17 to the Tigers and 7 points the second half. Against Huffman, the Falcons were averaging well over 40 PPG as well. They too were held below their average as the Rattlers gave up 26 total points and 6 points in the second half.:D

What will happen Friday? It's all about matchups. We shall see.

cowboyandchrist
11-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
well, let me just say congrats to all the teams still chasing a state title.

As far as the Navasota Vs Chapel Hill goes i think its going to be a slug fest with both teams having great odds for wining. I will not take away anything from chapel hill but in this close of a game I got to go with my home town boys....

Navasota 35-28
This team will by far be the fastest D you will see this year. Chapell Hill repersents East Texas speed very well. If you can't run with them, you will not beat them.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
This team will by far be the fastest D you will see this year. Chapell Hill repersents East Texas speed very well. If you can't run with them, you will not beat them.

Lol.

Same story (speed) different cast (Gilmer 2009, 2010 TCH). Obviously, you don't know a thing about Navasota.

OldBison75
11-23-2010, 10:16 PM
People don't seem to realize that Navasota is a team built on speed and quickness and not necessarily power. I know that if you talk to most of our opponents after they play us, one of the comments you hear is they were impressed with the overall team speed.

The Navasota defense is very fast and closes on plays very quickly. I also think it is a great statement to the defense that two of the best speed rushers we have were not even on varsity at the start of the year. Both have made numerous big defensive plays and lead the team in sacks for the year.

I know Chapel Hill has speed, but I bet that Navasota has enough speed to keep up. Ask Sealy, one of the fastest teams overall in the state (several track and field state cometitors). The Cameron Yoe is probably the fastest overall team you will find and the Navasota team lost to them on a last minute missed two point conversion.

Keep talking about East Texas speed and then get back to me after the game. I bet speed will not be the factor that wins this game, but instead we will be talking about the turnovers and big defensive plays that turned the game.

Chillfan
11-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Lol.

Same story (speed) different cast (Gilmer 2009, 2010 TCH). Obviously, you don't know a thing about Navasota.

I dont how Navasota and CH match up as far as speed.

I do know that CH's defense is very fast as far as getting to the ball. From the big nasty's in the trenches to the secondary, they swarm the ball nicely. This defense reminds me of the 08 and 09 Gilmer defense with the quickness and getting many bodies on the ball.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
I dont how Navasota and CH match up as far as speed.

I do know that CH's defense is very fast as far as getting to the ball. From the big nasty's in the trenches to the secondary, they swarm the ball nicely. This defense reminds me of the 08 and 09 Gilmer defense with the quickness and getting many bodies on the ball.

TCH is fast. Actually, they are scary fast. However, Navasota has handled their own against East Texas and their speed.

Should be a fun one.

Yoe_09
11-23-2010, 10:47 PM
TCH is fast. Actually, they are scary fast. However, Navasota has handled their own against East Texas and their speed.

Should be a fun one.

I hope you mop the floor with the East Texas teams you play.

cowboyandchrist
11-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I hope you mop the floor with the East Texas teams you play.
You will get your chance to see East Texas speed at its finest if you win this weekend and we at Tatum win this weekend.
I will be willing to bet you change your mind. I will give you a little reminder state champs 03,04,05,07,08,09 and when was the last time the Yoe were there.

Rattler06
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
gotta go with down south football. we will see how navasota matches up with the (Big Name) schools friday as far as the game rattlers are gonna make a stand just for the peeps talking down on them. ;)

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
gotta go with down south football. we will see how navasota matches up with the (Big Name) schools friday as far as the game rattlers are gonna make a stand just for the peeps talking down on them. ;)

Tell um to pack a lunch. Its gonna be a long night.

Yoe_09
11-24-2010, 10:47 AM
You will get your chance to see East Texas speed at its finest if you win this weekend and we at Tatum win this weekend.
I will be willing to bet you change your mind. I will give you a little reminder state champs 03,04,05,07,08,09 and when was the last time the Yoe were there.

Lol I never said that East Texas teams were not good. I think we all know that East Texas has always produced great teams. I just want Navasota to beat them because there has been a lot of trash talk going on lately.

I was in Palestine Friday night. Tatum does have good speed. I look forward to seeing you next week if both teams can pick up wins.

Rattler06
11-24-2010, 10:57 AM
navasota gave huffman alil show of how much they want to win(referring to the lil scrum twice) come friday they will show you and the rest of texas how navasota gets down dont let your big head decide weather navasota is ready for tch or not.:D

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPNECn0sQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This team is one of the speediest teams in our area and you see the outcome. Got to be more than just speed.

#20 is the 3rd string RB

Rattler06
11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
well if speed is all you rely on your in trouble speed is just part of football a good defense can stop speed which navasota has.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
well if speed is all you rely on your in trouble speed is just part of football a good defense can stop speed which navasota has.

Yup, I agree. Speed and no respect for your body is what CH's defense has. These kids will take your head off and its alot of fun to watch.:eek:

Rattler06
11-24-2010, 11:22 AM
lol:D :D :D :D :D . well here at navasota we play football not try to take someones head off but if thats how you play so can navasota.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Madisonville had 205 yds of offense against Navasota and 35 yards against CH. The only TD score by MV against CH was a defensive TD. And yes, this is with the 2nd string in the 2nd half.

Held Carthage's STUD RB to 40 +/- yards.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Yup, I agree. Speed and no respect for your body is what CH's defense has. These kids will take your head off and its alot of fun to watch.:eek:

Have u ever seen Navasota?

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Madisonville had 205 yds of offense against Navasota and 35 yards against CH. The only TD score by MV against CH was a defensive TD. And yes, this is with the 2nd string in the 2nd half.

Navasota is head and shoulders above Madisonville. So, before you go to comparing score, you may want to do a lil more research. What type of offense does Navasota run?

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Have u ever seen Navasota?

No.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Navasota is head and shoulders above Madisonville. So, before you go to comparing score, you may want to do a lil more research. What type of offense does Navasota run?

One that heavily relys on Key.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:32 AM
No.

So, why would u assume that speed will kill Navasota? You are very unfamiliar with Navasota and their athletes.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Look, I have already said that we respect the heck of Navasota. I have said this week makes me a little nervous.

Just a defensive observation. I dont have alot to compare. Just comparing whats there. All of this doesnt make a hill of beans come Friday night.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:33 AM
One that heavily relys on Key.

50-50 run and pass. And guess what, last week we won with special teams.

Rattler06
11-24-2010, 11:34 AM
boy stop it :p . you obviously dont know navasota if you have to go back to their first game of the season to make them look bad the navasota D has gotten better every game i dont recall your D improving anymore than navasotas has yards per game is nothing compared to the score:D

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:34 AM
So, why would u assume that speed will kill Navasota? You are very unfamiliar with Navasota and their athletes.

I dont recall saying speed would kill Navasota. Thats other Etx fans. I said CH has a fast defense as a whole.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Look, I have already said that we respect the heck of Navasota. I have said this week makes me a little nervous.

Just a defensive observation. I dont have alot to compare. Just comparing whats there. All of this doesnt make a hill of beans come Friday night.

Agreed. I think this winner can win it all. What you think?

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
50-50 run and pass. And guess what, last week we won with special teams.

I noticed yall were very balanced. Who is the leading rusher?

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:36 AM
boy stop it :p . you obviously dont know navasota if you have to go back to their first game of the season to make them look bad the navasota D has gotten better every game i dont recall your D improving anymore than navasotas has yards per game is nothing compared to the score:D

Yea, while I understand this game was early, but Madisonville should have improved their offense some before the CH game.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Agreed. I think this winner can win it all. What you think?

I try to keep it week by week. IMO I think the winner of this game will make to the big dance. Either Navasota or CH.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Believe me when I say Navasota has the athletes to match up with CH.

If you guys think you're just going to "out-athlete" them and win, you are wrong. Navasota >>>>> Madisonville.

I think theyve got an uphill battle, but GO RATTLERS!

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Believe me when I say Navasota has the athletes to match up with CH.

If you guys think you're just going to "out-athlete" them and win, you are wrong. Navasota >>>>> Madisonville.

I think theyve got an uphill battle, but GO RATTLERS!

I agree. Look at the first post of this thread. I said these two teams matchup very well.

Madisonville was very weak. Center would have beat them anyday. I know NV is on a totally different level. I know NV could be the best team in D1.

I also would put CH's defense against anyone in 3A.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
I noticed yall were very balanced. Who is the leading rusher?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the QB is the leading rusher.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Here is what scares me the most. We have had some problems with really good passing teams. If Navasota was real efficient with their passing game, it could hurt CH. I dont think NV will put up big yards on the ground. Another thing is that dad gum good kicker yall have. He can be a very important tool late in the playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Here is what scares me the most. We have had some problems with really good passing teams. If Navasota was real efficient with their passing game, it could hurt CH. I dont think NV will put up big yards on the ground. Another thing is that dad gum good kicker yall have. He can be a very important tool late in the playoffs.

True. The QB will need to have an A game.

Chillfan
11-24-2010, 11:57 AM
One other thing that has me a little worried. Our QB has been known not to make the best desicions when heavily pressured. He has got a rocket launcher though. Our offensive line is gonna have to have a good game. Our offensive line does a better job with the big boys versus the smaller quick defensive line. Its my understanding that NV's dline is small but quick.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:59 AM
One other thing that has me a little worried. Our QB has been known not to make the best desicions when heavily pressured. He has got a rocket launcher though. Our offensive line is gonna have to have a good game. Our offensive line does a better job with the big boys versus the smaller quick defensive line. Its my understanding that NV's dline is small but quick.

Yes, that is true. The smallest line I've seen in a long time if not ever.

navscanmaster
11-24-2010, 05:28 PM

LOL. You are talking about the first game of the season. Madisonville had about 50 yards of offense at the half, down 35-0. The second teamers actually started the second half, and the starting all district corner Nelms went down with a ACL tear as well. Madisonville was able to adjust and move the ball better, but still only produced two TDs. Obviously, they kept on adjusting, because horrible and mediocre teams don't make it to round 2. You guys put on a hell of a show, but Madisonville was badly overmatched. They have fast skill players, but not much speed in the front seven. Navasota is faster and more explosive at the snap at every position than Madisonville.

Bottom line here, TCH is scary good. No doubt. But, comparing common opponents is always bad. Matchups, matchups, matchups....

navscanmaster
11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
And also, I know you have dropped the Madisonville comparison, but I just felt the need to explain a little bit about the matchups there.

As for East Texas speed, that is something that any Texas football fan has known about. The athleticism east of 45 has been known by recruiters and scouts alike for as long as college football has been a big business. That is why people like cowboyandchrist make me laugh. I have seen him on the BWood and Celina threads talking about fearing ETX speed. I bet that guy says the words "East Texas speed" at least ten times a day without realizing it.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 08:31 PM
GO SNAKES!

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm reading posts from SMOAKY.COM. It appears that some from TCH think that Navasota will make for an easy win. They are suggesting that TCH will win by 2 td's +. TCH must really be playing some damn good football in order for them to think such nonsense. Very Interesting.:confused:

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115380

I can't wait till Friday. Every week, it was the same thing, Navasota will lose. Caldwell, Giddings, La Grange, Sealy, and now TCH. I guess we will have to come out and prove ourselves again. Yes, TCH may have a strong defense, but, so does Navasota. I mean, you keep talking about the defense that beat Athens by 3 points. Not to take anything from Athens, but, come one.. Really? Games are all about matchups. Take a look at Brenham, the #2 team in 4A and they lose their first round game of the playoffs. Anything can happen. Expect the unexpected.

Were the fans of TCH this crazed about their Bulldogs in 1996 of the 4A playoffs? Navasota 33 TCH 24.

Yoe_09
11-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm reading posts from SMOAKY.COM. It appears that some from TCH think that Navasota will make for an easy win. They are suggesting that TCH will win by 2 td's +. TCH must really be playing some damn good football in order for them to think such nonsense. Very Interesting.:confused:

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115380

I can't wait till Friday. Every week, it was the same thing, Navasota will lose. Caldwell, Giddings, La Grange, Sealy, and now TCH. I guess we will have to come out and prove ourselves again. Yes, TCH may have a strong defense, but, so does Navasota. I mean, you keep talking about the defense that beat Athens by 3 points. Not to take anything from Athens, but, come one.. Really? Games are all about matchups. Take a look at Brenham, the #2 team in 4A and they lose their first round game of the playoffs. Anything can happen. Expect the unexpected.

Were the fans of TCH this crazed about their Bulldogs in 1996 of the 4A playoffs? Navasota 33 TCH 24.

They are crazy over there lol...they also think we will possibly lose to Tatum 45-7. I can understand that Tatum is a good team but cmon.

trojandad
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
navasota sure better bear down and get hungry for this one.....cause after this, they may never have a better chance for the next two rounds......

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
They are crazy over there lol...they also think we will possibly lose to Tatum 45-7. I can understand that Tatum is a good team but cmon.

Its a East Texas thing. Not enough sun for them behind all those trees.:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
navasota sure better bear down and get hungry for this one.....cause after this, they may never have a better chance for the next two rounds......

I think that the boys will come ready to play. They have all year after the two losses. I don't see why anything will change Friday. It's time that we get out of region III.

Hey Trojandad, good luck to you guys. Beat Kirbyville!

trojandad
11-24-2010, 10:48 PM
I think that the boys will come ready to play. They have all year after the two losses. I don't see why anything will change Friday. It's time that we get out of region III.

Hey Trojandad, good luck to you guys. Beat Kirbyville!

wouldnt that beat nice?? man, i'm hoping....i sure like our chances.....i know i wouldnt wanna be alvarez and know i had to beat this team twice in a year....hope you guys take this one, it'll be as tough as ours, for sure.....

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 10:50 PM
wouldnt that beat nice?? man, i'm hoping....i sure like our chances.....i know i wouldnt wanna be alvarez and know i had to beat this team twice in a year....hope you guys take this one, it'll be as tough as ours, for sure.....

After seeing both teams play, I like what I saw from Coldspring. Coldspring defense is better to me. Anyways, my friend from work will be texting me updates.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Reminder, there is a $5 charge to park at Waco ISD.

trojandad
11-24-2010, 11:36 PM
After seeing both teams play, I like what I saw from Coldspring. Coldspring defense is better to me. Anyways, my friend from work will be texting me updates.

let me know if she doesn't, i'll be glad to text you.....i'm gonna try my best to go to the game this week....so tired of this hospital......

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2010, 11:51 PM
let me know if she doesn't, i'll be glad to text you.....i'm gonna try my best to go to the game this week....so tired of this hospital......

Ok, I will. Thanks in advance and stay out those hospitals!

Yoe_09
11-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Reminder, there is a $5 charge to park at Waco ISD.

yeah..I went to the Marlin Vs. Teague game and there were people parking on the side on the road lol.

garciap77
11-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Navasota by 10!:)

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2010, 12:37 AM
yeah..I went to the Marlin Vs. Teague game and there were people parking on the side on the road lol.

Really? Because of $5? SMH!

Yoe_09
11-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Really? Because of $5? SMH!

Yeah lol I was like what is going on here...plenty of parking spots. If you have never been to this stadium...its a good one.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah lol I was like what is going on here...plenty of parking spots. If you have never been to this stadium...its a good one.

It will be my first visit.

zebrablue2
11-25-2010, 09:59 AM
GO SNAKES!!!

martwayne
11-25-2010, 03:13 PM
i myself have not missed a rattler football game in 4 years straight, and this rattler football team looks to be the best i've ever seen, even compared to the 12-1 team from 2008, and the 1988 state finalist. tch, we here at rattler nation are ready to finally take state and i do believe this is our year, no disrespect to ya'll or anything, just dont think the team will lose anymore games this year. they are more together than any team i have ever seen in this town, and i have lived here all my life. good luck to both teams tomorrow and lets go RATTLERS!!!!!!!!

RATTLER NATION #1

Navasota 35
Chapel Hill 24

Chillfan
11-25-2010, 09:12 PM
CH 35
NV 17

Best CH football team since 89. This team reminds me of the 89 football season when the Dogs won the 4a championship. Nobody really knew anything about CH because they didnt make a deep playoff run very often. CH was 5-5 at the end of district and never looked back. IMHO, CH is gonna suprise 3a this year.

Some NV fan said NV has beat the #6 and #9 team in the state. Well CH beat the #1 team in the state to the tone of 46-14.

Its all about matchups this week. You can throw records and previous games out the window.

I think CH's 3 headed monster running game will get it done on offense and the dog pack defense will prevail.

If NV leaves with the W, I will be back on Saturday wishing yall the best of luck the rest of the way.

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. God has blessed us all.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!! Its almost time to skin some snakes!!

Its gonna be a cold one.

trojandad
11-25-2010, 09:49 PM
whoever wins, i believe, is playing in the final game......

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I love being the underdog!

FRIDAY

Navasota Rattlers vs. Chapel Hill Bulldogs

3A Division I quarterfinal

7:30 p.m., Waco ISD Stadium

Records: Navasota 10-2 (5-0 in 23-3A); Chapel Hill 11-1 (4-0 in 17-3A)

Last year's meeting: did not play

Last week's games: Navasota 43, Huffman-Hargrave 26; Chapel Hill 59, Madisonville 7

Streaks: Navasota 8 wins; Chapel Hill 10 wins

Harris Ratings picks: Chapel Hill by 7 points

Chillfan
11-26-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20101126/SPORTS05/11260318

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Good Luck to both teams!

I'm here in Waco. Its sunny and in the 40s. Will be a very cold game to night.

Safe traveling to and from the game.

And, GOOOOO SNAKES!

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Good Luck to both teams!

I'm here in Waco. Its sunny and in the 40s. Will be a very cold game to night.

Safe traveling to and from the game.

And, GOOOOO SNAKES!

Wind whips in that stadium, too. Good luck to both teams! Will anybody be posting updates to this game tonight?

bobcat1
11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Get 'em Snakes!

navscanmaster
11-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Wind whips in that stadium, too. Good luck to both teams! Will anybody be posting updates to this game tonight?

Yup. Better be good updates, too!:mad: :mad: :mad:

MesquiteFan
11-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yup. Better be good updates, too!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Haha I feel ya.. Good luck to the Snakes! I'm picking you guys because of the experience last year in the playoffs, but Chapel Hill is a great team. Should be a great one!

striker
11-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Follow the Navasota v. Chapel Hill game LIVE online at www.navasotanews.com (http://www.navasotanews.com)

waterboy
11-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Chapel Hill 28
Navasota 6

Halftime

buckeyebob
11-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Carthage 21
Madison 13

4:12 in the 3rd

buckeyebob
11-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Touchdown Carthage!!!

Bulldogs 28
Madison 13

11:16 left in 4th

TexState86
11-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow! Turnovers can really hurt. Great Year for the Rattlers, hold your head up high.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
And also, I know you have dropped the Madisonville comparison, but I just felt the need to explain a little bit about the matchups there.

As for East Texas speed, that is something that any Texas football fan has known about. The athleticism east of 45 has been known by recruiters and scouts alike for as long as college football has been a big business. That is why people like cowboyandchrist make me laugh. I have seen him on the BWood and Celina threads talking about fearing ETX speed. I bet that guy says the words "East Texas speed" at least ten times a day without realizing it.
Are you still laughing about east texas speed. i try and explain how speed will win most of the time, maybe now you know what I mean.
You had a nice run, but the East Texas speed is different from what you are use to. Next week will be no different. You were a very good team and congrats on the deep run in the playoffs.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2010, 12:32 AM
People don't seem to realize that Navasota is a team built on speed and quickness and not necessarily power. I know that if you talk to most of our opponents after they play us, one of the comments you hear is they were impressed with the overall team speed.

The Navasota defense is very fast and closes on plays very quickly. I also think it is a great statement to the defense that two of the best speed rushers we have were not even on varsity at the start of the year. Both have made numerous big defensive plays and lead the team in sacks for the year.

I know Chapel Hill has speed, but I bet that Navasota has enough speed to keep up. Ask Sealy, one of the fastest teams overall in the state (several track and field state cometitors). The Cameron Yoe is probably the fastest overall team you will find and the Navasota team lost to them on a last minute missed two point conversion.

Keep talking about East Texas speed and then get back to me after the game. I bet speed will not be the factor that wins this game, but instead we will be talking about the turnovers and big defensive plays that turned the game.
Well Iam back, I tried to tell you about East Texas speed, maybe now you know what I mean. Congrats on the deep run, you were a very good team.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Its a East Texas thing. Not enough sun for them behind all those trees.:D
Now you and the Yoe can understand why I said what I said, if you can not run with them, you can not beat them. Tatum is faster than Chapell Hill. I do not believe we could beat them but we can run with them.

1st and goal
11-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Congrats to Chapel Hill on the win.

And congrats to Navasota on their fine season. Hold your heads up high, you worked and played hard until the last play of the season.

OldBison75
11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
I was not able to be at this game, but was able to listen to most of it. With that in mind, here is my take on the game based on what I heard:

Navasota and Chapel Hill both came out in the first quarter and played a little game of lets see what you got. What it sounded like was that Chapel Hill found out that they could hurt the Rattlers using quick hitting running and cut-back running. In other words, they could take advantage of the quickness of the running backs. Navasota could move the ball up and down the field most of the night, but everytime it looked like they would make the big play, a mistake happened. Penalties and turnovers just destroyed an momentum.

Let me make what I am saying clear-- Chapel Hill used thier talents at the top level and executed without mistakes for the most part. Navasota did not execute and continually took the momentum away from themselves by making mistakes.

You can talk about "East Texas Speed" all you want in this game, and both teams had great speed. However, I believe that you would have to agree that it wasn't the speed that killed Navasota as much as the quickness. Chapel had numerous long plays where the Rattlers were in position to make plays, but great cuts and body control by the runner or receiver leftthe picking up thier jocks and the runner moving on down field. There is a great difference in speed andquickness.

Chapel Hill is the best team the Rattlers have faced and should be the State Champs in Division 1. It is interesting that it could very well be a TCH vs Henderson Final. I'll be there for that!!!

Great game TCH and I will be rooting for you to win it all.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Are you still laughing about east texas speed. i try and explain how speed will win most of the time, maybe now you know what I mean.
You had a nice run, but the East Texas speed is different from what you are use to. Next week will be no different. You were a very good team and congrats on the deep run in the playoffs.
I happened to be at the game last night and I really didn't think that Chapel Hill was much faster than Navasota. I think the main thing that I noticed was 2-3 players had some really good moves to go with the speed and that made a HUGE difference in their offense.

zebrablue2
11-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Congrats to Chapel Hill on the win.

And congrats to Navasota on their fine season. Hold your heads up high, you worked and played hard until the last play of the season.

:ditto: Good season snakes!!!

Chillfan
11-27-2010, 12:32 PM
CH's defense stayed focused on stopping Day's big runs. Coaches all week told the defensive line to stay in your gap first and then persue. That is why all the sacks seem so late. CH sacked Day 11 times while most of the credit needs to go to CH's secondary. They had the WR's covered up well.

CH on offense was real conservative. They would pound and pound the same play to either side and then look for the bomb. Avery Saenz had a couple pretty throws to the back corner of the endzone.

I was impressed with NV's defense. They took away CH's big runs away all but a few. It just seem like 4 - 6 yds at a time.

CH needs to work of special teams especially kickoffs. NV burnt us a couple of times.

Defense wins ballgames at this point. CH's defense is special backed with some great coaching.

Not being disrespectful, but i dont think NV has played the same level of competition as CH. Two teams I can think of would have won this game last night. Athens and Carthage.

NV has a classy football team with some good atheletes.

Congrats CH on the win.

lulu
11-27-2010, 02:24 PM
I was not able to be at this game, but was able to listen to most of it. With that in mind, here is my take on the game based on what I heard:

Navasota and Chapel Hill both came out in the first quarter and played a little game of lets see what you got. What it sounded like was that Chapel Hill found out that they could hurt the Rattlers using quick hitting running and cut-back running. In other words, they could take advantage of the quickness of the running backs. Navasota could move the ball up and down the field most of the night, but everytime it looked like they would make the big play, a mistake happened. Penalties and turnovers just destroyed an momentum.

Let me make what I am saying clear-- Chapel Hill used thier talents at the top level and executed without mistakes for the most part. Navasota did not execute and continually took the momentum away from themselves by making mistakes.

You can talk about "East Texas Speed" all you want in this game, and both teams had great speed. However, I believe that you would have to agree that it wasn't the speed that killed Navasota as much as the quickness. Chapel had numerous long plays where the Rattlers were in position to make plays, but great cuts and body control by the runner or receiver leftthe picking up thier jocks and the runner moving on down field. There is a great difference in speed andquickness.

Chapel Hill is the best team the Rattlers have faced and should be the State Champs in Division 1. It is interesting that it could very well be a TCH vs Henderson Final. I'll be there for that!!!

Great game TCH and I will be rooting for you to win it all.

No disrespect intended but most that are speedy are also quick. JMHO.
And wouldn't it be fun to see
Henderson and CHill meet up? I think I would probably have to vote against our "D of D" in that matchup. I think CHill is more consistent than Henderson. It pains me to say that but it's what I believe. That being said....coaching could help Henderson. You would be a better judge of that.

OldBison75
11-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Lulu,
There is a huge difference between speed and quickness. Bob Hayes had speed-he could literally outrun anyone from point a to point b. However, he was a straight line speedster. He lost alot of speed when he had to make cuts and change pace.

Players that can accelerate fast from the cut and make quick changes of direction and speed without losing control like Reggie Bush and Tony Dorsett have just above average speed, but outstanding quickness.

Both Navasota and CHill had above average speed, but CHill had about three guys with super quickness. They had the ability to not only hit the corners fast or break into the secondary fast, they had the ability to make huge cuts and quick sidesteps and then accelerate to top speed in a few steps. That is quickness.

A nascar vehicle is fast, and will run 200MPH after about a half a mile to build up speed. However, they are limited in thier ability to make quick manuevers. A racing motorcycle will also run 200 MPH but it can make quick manuevers and, it can gor from 0-200 in a quarter mile. Both are fas, but the motorcycle has more quickness.

lulu
11-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Lulu,
There is a huge difference between speed and quickness. Bob Hayes had speed-he could literally outrun anyone from point a to point b. However, he was a straight line speedster. He lost alot of speed when he had to make cuts and change pace.

Players that can accelerate fast from the cut and make quick changes of direction and speed without losing control like Reggie Bush and Tony Dorsett have just above average speed, but outstanding quickness.

Both Navasota and CHill had above average speed, but CHill had about three guys with super quickness. They had the ability to not only hit the corners fast or break into the secondary fast, they had the ability to make huge cuts and quick sidesteps and then accelerate to top speed in a few steps. That is quickness.

A nascar vehicle is fast, and will run 200MPH after about a half a mile to build up speed. However, they are limited in thier ability to make quick manuevers. A racing motorcycle will also run 200 MPH but it can make quick manuevers and, it can gor from 0-200 in a quarter mile. Both are fas, but the motorcycle has more quickness.

I see your point. You are right. Good
comparisons.

What do you think about a Henderson CHill matchup?
Are you listening to Gilmer/Argyle game?

OldBison75
11-27-2010, 03:33 PM
I think that it will be a great game. CHill has the better defense, and the better defense will usually win the championship. If they can avoid turnovers and injuries, I don't see CHill losing. Henderson is a great team and can put up alot of points fast, but the CHill defense can force them to work for every first down, and that is not where Henderson is best.

I think CHill wins this matchup,if it happens, by at least 14.