PDA

View Full Version : Stadium etiquette

3afan
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
this has been discussed in the past .. what do you all think?

I'm a neutral observer at a game, no affiliation with either team, dont care who wins:
1 - some said I need to limit my seat to outside the 30 yard line, or 35, or 40, whatever, and allow the prime seats for those who are affiliated and care ...
2- then there were those like me, first come first serve ... I pay my $, I can sit where ever I want

3afan
11-22-2010, 01:42 PM
feel free to explain your vote, especially if you vote for "outside the 30s"

BWDCindie
11-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree...you pay your money, so sit whereever you want...but scoot down if I can't find a seat! lol

RoyceTTU
11-22-2010, 01:44 PM
first come- first server......early bird, gets the worm....etc.....Only caviat- you can't root for the opposing team. Go to the other side's 50 yard line seat :D :D :D

Blastoderm55
11-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Get the best seat possible. You paid for it. If the teams involved wanted otherwise, they would have sold advance reserve tickets.

Bullaholic
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
As long as you don't try to hold a whole row for your late-arriving friends, 3AFan, sit where you like.

Gsquared
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BWDCindie
I agree...you pay your money, so sit whereever you want...but scoot down if I can't find a seat! lol
What do you look like?

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, people who save whole rows are wrong. I'd purposely sit there to stress them out. :devil:

jason
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
i think it's funny when people are walking up the stairs 5 minutes before a game and are pissed off because there aren't any seats...

Farmersfan
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I went to the Lovejoy vs Paris game in Lucas and if you didn't have season tickets you were forced to sit even with the endzones with 1000s of little screaming Lovejoy brats that didn't even watch the game!!!! I almost moved to the other side rather than supporting the leopards because of it! I have never seen a stadium that had 90% reserved seats and ushers telling you where to sit or not to sit!!!!

Bullaholic
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
There's an even easier solution to this question---Go to the game dressed like an Oakland raider fan (i.e., Kiss makeup, spiked hair , platform shoes, spiked shoulder pads, and painted black and silver head to toe) and I promise no one will care where you want to sit, and you will probably have enough room to lay down...:D

3afan
11-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
What do you look like?

LOL, I'm hot!

ccmom
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Get the best seat possible. You paid for it. If the teams involved wanted otherwise, they would have sold advance reserve tickets.

Is that an option?

By the way, I agree that it's every man (or woman ;) ) for himself. If I get there earlier than you...too bad for you. :D

Gsquared
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
LOL, I'm hot!
:doh:

STANG RED
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I only sit in the middle of the crowd, if I'm with friends from that team. Otherwise I just try to find a place out of the way, that I can get in and out of easy for the bathroom and concessions. Plus if the game isnt close, I like being where I can get out easy, early enough to beat the crowd.
Then again, I'm not used to setting anywhere at Mustang Bowl. I just roam from one end to the other, to follow the action. Not very many stadiums you can do that at though.

Louie13
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
first come- first server......early bird, gets the worm....etc.....Only caviat- you can't root for the opposing team. Go to the other side's 50 yard line seat :D :D :D

I agree with Royce; sit anywhere but don't root for the other team!

Louie13
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
i think it's funny when people are walking up the stairs 5 minutes before a game and are pissed off because there aren't any seats...

Jason, I so agee with you!! I saw that in amazement at S-ville on Friday. I drove 160 miles to that game and got there at 5:30.

ronwx5x
11-22-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm a t-shirt fan, but don't really root for just one team. I normally go alone or with my son-in-law and we sit wherever there is a good seat available. We usually talk to the fans around us and root for the team whose stands we are sitting in.

My choice for a game to attend depends on who is playing and where. I've been known to drive 4 hours, fly to a game, or just drive up the road. I've seen great football, felt like I was welcome wherever I was and enjoyed thrilling plays.

If someone takes offense that I would attend a game in which I have no affiliation, too bad on them. I like good football and will continue to go to whatever game I like and sit in the best seat I can find:p

BullsFan
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Jason, I so agee with you!! I saw that in amazement at S-ville on Friday. I drove 160 miles to that game and got there at 5:30.

Then you probably either didn't work or were able to get off early. Some people did/couldn't.

I was there early myself, and I'm not ashamed to say I saved seats for family that did work and couldn't get off early.

pirate4state
11-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Get there early and sit where ya wanna sit!

I've saved seats before, but I don't like doing it. I can understand saving 2-4 seats, but when people want to save an entire row/section (5-10+ seats) we're gonna have a problem. :evil:

GrTigers6
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Well after a water leak at work 30 minutes before time to go home, I didnt make it to stephenville till 730. So I sat where ever there was a hole in the crowd. Which happened to be on the visitor side behind those wonderful light poles that blocked a third of field.:D
At least I wsnt sitting behind the ones on the home side. they were in the stands. Crazy :eek:

BaseballUmp
11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Get there early and sit where ya wanna sit!

I've saved seats before, but I don't like doing it. I can understand saving 2-4 seats, but when people want to save an entire row/section (5-10+ seats) we're gonna have a problem. :evil:

You won't throw hands :cool:

Green Bling
11-22-2010, 04:51 PM
You're a fan of the game, and you care enough about it to get there early! You deserve to sit where ever the $%#@^$ you want to sit!!! Yeah, I have strong feeling about this! :D

3afan
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
the masses have spoken

buckeyebob
11-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I went to the Lovejoy vs Paris game in Lucas and if you didn't have season tickets you were forced to sit even with the endzones with 1000s of little screaming Lovejoy brats that didn't even watch the game!!!! I almost moved to the other side rather than supporting the leopards because of it! I have never seen a stadium that had 90% reserved seats and ushers telling you where to sit or not to sit!!!!

Not 3A but Longview Lobos turned the whole "home" side to reserve with armed & backed chairs. The "visitor" side is the cheap seats. Visitor & Home with a Reserve Ticket sit on the same side.

3afan
11-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Not 3A but Longview Lobos turned the whole "home" side to reserve with armed & backed chairs. The "visitor" side is the cheap seats. ...

hey, nothing wrong with that - take care of the home folks

Originally posted by buckeyebob
...Visitor & Home with a Reserve Ticket sit on the same side.

that doesnt make sense ... sounds like if you want a reserved seat, its gotta be on the "home" side, period ... its very rare that reserved seas are available for the out-of-towners

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2010, 08:19 AM
I like the Brownwood fans who bring their lawn chairs and sit on the visitor side of Gordan Wood , outside the 30 of course.

At generic play-off games, if you are waiting for the gates to open, sit where you want.

If you arrive 5 minutes before kick, "No Chairbacks for you!"

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

:iagree: We had trouble with that this year.

MesquiteFan
11-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

This is kind of how it is at most 5A stadiums during the regular season, but usually you can get into reserved seating without being a season ticket holder (at least in Mesquite).