PDA

View Full Version : Calallen/GP Fans

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I know this is a 3a site but....i went to the game on saturday night and before the kickoff i noticed something that i have never seen before....both teams met at the center of the field BEFORE the game to pray....was there a reason for this (somebody pass away) or is this a tradition between the two rivals before each game??? i thought it was cool!!

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Buckweed
I know this is a 3a site but....i went to the game on saturday night and before the kickoff i noticed something that i have never seen before....both teams met at the center of the field BEFORE the game to pray....was there a reason for this (somebody pass away) or is this a tradition between the two rivals before each game??? i thought it was cool!!

I was on the Calallen side and one of their fans said they always
do this. I assume he was talking about the prayer because they
were all at midfield. I have never seen it pregame before either.

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Calallen has done this for a while now. What did you all think of the game? ;)

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 11:40 AM
well i figured calallen would win this game but i thought the score would be closer at halftime and then calallen would run away with it in the second half. i didnt understand what gp was trying to do on offense. i really think you have to spread calallen's defense out in order to beat them and gp seemed to do that in the second half. but down 29-0 at the half really seemed to hurt gp.

i think the road stops here for calallen as they are about to run into a good Alamo Heights team.

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
well i figured calallen would win this game but i thought the score would be closer at halftime and then calallen would run away with it in the second half. i didnt understand what gp was trying to do on offense. i really think you have to spread calallen's defense out in order to beat them and gp seemed to do that in the second half. but down 29-0 at the half really seemed to hurt gp.

i think the road stops here for calallen as they are about to run into a good Alamo Heights team. Beat them before, no reason we can't again. This is not AH's strongest teams. I think keeping the ball away from them will give us a shot. Coach D finally stopped sticking with the Spread ONLY and runs the offense from multiple sets if he likes.

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 12:00 PM
i just think AH matches up well with calallen's secondary being that they are suspect (their front 7 are beast though). there were times win they looked lost against gp and that almost allowed gp to get back in the game...calallen has run the ball more this year and that should help them against AH

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 12:06 PM
i just think AH matches up well with calallen's secondary being that they are suspect (their front 7 are beast though). there were times win they looked lost against gp and that almost allowed gp to get back in the game...calallen has run the ball more this year and that should help them against AH Yeah, AH will spread you out and make you play them 1 on 1. They had a good little water bug running back last year and I think that helped them out a lot last year. I don't know what they bring back this year in the backfield.

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
if calallen is up at the half i think they will win...they are really good at making adjustments.....my guess is AH by 10 ;)

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
if calallen is up at the half i think they will win...they are really good at making adjustments.....my guess is AH by 10 ;) If we're up at half, I say it is because we held on to the ball most of the 1st half. That being the case, us by 14. If we're behind your prediction would be pretty spot on. I detect a gp lover in you! :thinking: Or perhaps a grudge being from Brenham! ;) haha j/k

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
nope not a gp lover...i just think that AH matches up well vs Calallen

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 12:47 PM
and my location isnt brenham either...i didnt realize i had put that:doh:

Maroon87
11-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Calallen has done this for a while now.

True...at least the last 4-5 years.

Buckweed
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
but do they just do it with gp???

Maroon87
11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
but do they just do it with gp???

:thinking: I don't get to alot of their games but I do remember them doing it with Edcouch-Elsa last year...the other few games I've gone to recenlty I couldn't say as I got there just after kickoff.