PDA

View Full Version : Rough Weekend for Nebraska Football

neck_06
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Lost to the Ags AND lost their quarterback. Taylor Martinez quit earlier today..

LINK
(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523734-taylor-martinez-quits-the-team)

DDBooger
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/23887/Rumblings-Taylor-Martinez-quits-team

trojandad
11-22-2010, 01:53 AM
if that's truly why pelini went off on him, i, as mr martinez sr, would be having a similar talk with pelini.....and he could finish all those threats to me that you could read his lips saying to my son....

my boy crunched his knee during a huffman game one year and the coach at that time was convinced i wasn't going to see him in the locker room.....that was hilarious......

(if i told what happened, they'd close the thread)......

FutureAD
11-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
Lost to the Ags AND lost their quarterback. Taylor Martinez quit earlier today..

LINK
(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523734-taylor-martinez-quits-the-team)

i guess the link has been edited since first being posted because it now says it was all just a rumor...

eagles_victory
11-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Man I cant ever get out on the cell phone when im at a game in Aggieland that was the most impressive thing Martinez did all night.

BwdLions
11-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm not saying that players don't need chewing out at times, but it apprears to me that Pelini is just a jerk. I've never seen a coach handle his emotions as poorly as he does (whether with his players or the refs). He needs to control himself a little better and be more professional.

trojandad
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I'm not saying that players don't need chewing out at times, but it apprears to me that Pelini is just a jerk. I've never seen a coach handle his emotions as poorly as he does (whether with his players or the refs). He needs to control himself a little better and be more professional.

+1

i would bet osborne is sitting in someone's office this morning....if not in pelini's living room yesterday.....

Maroon87
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

I remember the Pelini brothers having a well-publicized mini-riot in the locker room after last years Big 12 title game...stay classy, fellas.

trojandad
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I remember the Pelini brothers having a well-publicized mini-riot in the locker room after last years Big 12 title game...stay classy, fellas.

i missed it....was it on each other or players again?

Maroon87
11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i missed it....was it on each other or players again?

Apparently on the way back to the locker rooms (after the '09 Big XII title game) they were yelling about how it was all a big pro-Texas conspiracy that the time got put back on the clock. At least that's what I heard...