PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Science Ep. 1

Rocket
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Observations from the first couple of weeks in the playoffs...

Brownwood is awesome. WHOA! Averaging 75 points a game in the playoffs against 2 teams that were 8-3 and 9-3. Brown and company were getting it done in the air and on the ground. I love to see that.

Bridgeport was the first true spread team Brownwood has faced all season. That is why they were able to get 31 points. Teams that can run a successful spread offense in 3A are at a definite advantage, and this proves my point. But can you imagine scoring 31 and still losing by 30? Tough. Defensively, Brownwood plays strong ball. Offensively? Oh my dear Lord...these poor defenses have no hope. The pep rally usually lasts about a Quarter, and then Brownwood turns it up a notch. It was 7-7 at the end of the 1st Quarter vs. Bridgeport...and then Brownwood exploded for 27 in the 2nd Quarter. Bridgeport managed 3 more points in the 2nd Quarter...Just when you thought it was safe...

Bullaholic is awesome. He is by far one of my favorite posters on the board. Hope to see you again soon!

One bonehead made a statement that Brownwood didn't look invincible against Bridgeport. I say, oh yeah? how many teams in the playoffs do you know of that can hang 62 points on the #1 Team in the state? or better yet hang 62 points period. Dude, are you serious? Hater...:rolleyes: I will say that Brownwood didn't look like they were firing on all cylinders, but the results of the game were very nice, and the stats were amazing. Good to have an off night and still destroy a pretty good team. I loved the first defensive series. The Death Row D of Brownwood shut that mess down.

Kirbyville struggled with La Vega? LOL OK Kirbyville...you better step up this week or you are finished. Have fun with that Wing-T. I am putting Kirbyville in the Poser Category with Celina. You have all the signs of being great, but not so much.

Snyder has actually surprised me. I was for sure Kennedale was going to beat them. I guess they found some discipline somewhere...BIG surprise. Now Monahans and Snyder can fight over who gets to get their butt handed to them by Brownwood. I am picking Monahans. If it is Monahans (which I hope it is), it will be good to smash some Wing-T and watch them try to stop our offense.

Brownwood plays Borger this week. All I know about them is they have a big O-Line...HUGE. But so did Stephenville. I also heard they can play some decent defense. We shall see... I think they will be able to have the 1 Quarter Pep Rally and then Brownwood says buh-bye... My prediction? 60-20.

And last but not least (since the mods closed the Celina bashing thread)... Oh Celina...all season you assured us that you would be able to hang with Brownwood. Um no. Not true. Your pansy schedule bit ya in the butt. The Celina Theory (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96991&highlight=the+celina+theory) holds true yet again.;)

I will answer any comments as soon as I can. I have some stuff to take care of tonight.

DDBooger
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Title of the thread had me laughing. :D

Looking4number8
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Title of the thread had me laughing. :D

maybe rocket should have a weekly sticky titled Rocket Science... lol

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
That's 2 minutes of my life I will not get back.:rolleyes: Cheerleading at it's finest. :cheerl: Go Rockee Go!:cheerl: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Rocket
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That's 2 minutes of my life I will not get back.:rolleyes: Cheerleading at it's finest. :cheerl: Go Rockee Go!:cheerl: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

HAHA...but you read it...

Eagle 1
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
wats wurs is i thunkmy iq may hav drpped aftor reeding thatr. :doh:

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

Didn't have far to drop...

91 lion
11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

Eagle 1a.....I have to admit, that was pretty funny....didn't know you had it in ya.

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Eagle 1a.....I have to admit, that was pretty funny....didn't know you had it in ya.

Don't encourage him. Please. Haha

Louie13
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Title of the thread had me laughing. :D :iagree:

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Rockee, why didn't you just say "Pork chop pork chop greasy greasy, my team can beat your team easy easy" Sure would have been a shorter way to say it without all that babble.:rolleyes:

MesquiteFan
11-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Rockee, why didn't you just say "Pork chop pork chop greasy greasy, my team can beat your team easy easy" Sure would have been a shorter way to say it without all that babble.:rolleyes:

:iagree:

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:28 PM

I said a little more than that. Kind of like a trot line...

turbostud
11-21-2010, 10:30 PM
What happened to winning with class?

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I said a little more than that. Kind of like a trot line... Umm not really

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
What happened to winning with class? LMAO!

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Umm not really

And all you ever do is say "no class" and "you didn't say nothing". Wow. How original... :rolleyes:

gonktacular
11-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Heheh, I had to, sorry.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/gonktacular/Thats-minutes-of-my-life-I-will-not-get-back-Cheerleading-at-its-finest-HAHAbut-you-read-it.jpg

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
What happened to winning with class?

Did Brownwood beat your team without me knowing it?

turbostud
11-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Did Brownwood beat your team without me knowing it?

Nope we are 5a, but I am curious as to why you avoided calling out Gilmer, Carthage, or Argyle("weak Reg 2 teams") in your post, but didnt hesitate to call out Kirbyville (2a move up) or Snyder ( a team Browntown already beat)?

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
Heheh, I had to, sorry.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/gonktacular/Thats-minutes-of-my-life-I-will-not-get-back-Cheerleading-at-its-finest-HAHAbut-you-read-it.jpg

I love that! Haha... Perfect.

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
And all you ever do is say "no class" and "you didn't say nothing". Wow. How original... :rolleyes: Where did I say "no class"? Where did I say "you didn't say nothing" And quit rolling your eyes and being a copycat. Be original.:D

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Nope we are 5a, but I am curious as to why you avoided calling out Gilmer, Carthage, or Argyle("weak Reg 2 teams") in your post, but didnt hesitate to call out Kirbyville (2a move up) or Snyder ( a team Browntown already beat)? Cause he's skeered and don't like crow. Lord knows the last 2 years he has gourged on it.:D

Rocket
11-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Cause he's skeered and don't like crow. Lord knows the last 2 years he has gourged on it.:D

You sure are bored now that your Bobcats have nothing to do but chase their tails..

Rocket
11-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Nope we are 5a, but I am curious as to why you avoided calling out Gilmer, Carthage, or Argyle("weak Reg 2 teams") in your post, but didnt hesitate to call out Kirbyville (2a move up) or Snyder ( a team Browntown already beat)?

Good points. Trying to stay relevant and Kirbyville is the only team that made me raise my eyebrows this week.

I'll call them out soon. I'm really not worried about Argyle. If we are playing Argyle in the semis then I'll be very confident. Gilmer or Carthage I may be a little more worried about. We shall see...

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
You sure are bored now that your Bobcats have nothing to do but chase their tails.. Yep! Nothing to do but keep you in check. :D

Rocket
11-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Yep! Nothing to do but keep you in check. :D

Or the attempt thereof...

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Or the attempt thereof... Come on now! You know I am the Skeeball champion. I got my own bag!:cool:

Rocket
11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Come on now! You know I am the Skeeball champion. I got my own bag!:cool:

Well you and all the Celina fans have time to come watch a real team play now...Friday night in Abilene at Shotwell Stadium...

Black_Magic
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
HAHA...but you read it... Like Howard Stern. He is full of crap but folks listen just to see what kind of crap he will say or do next.

Rocket
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Like Howard Stern. He is full of crap but folks listen just to see what kind of crap he will say or do next.

You are a bright guy. I don't care what the Brownwood fans are saying about you. I take that back. I agree with all of them.

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Well you and all the Celina fans have time to come watch a real team play now...Friday night in Abilene at Shotwell Stadium... I ain't driving 3. hours to see Brownwood win by 60+. I'll wait until it is closer to the metromess ala Jerry World or somewhere before then. That dang Red team in East Texas is scary in playoffs and the Coach does know how to giterdun.

DaHop72
11-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I ain't driving 3. hours to see Brownwood win by 60+. I'll wait until it is closer to the metromess ala Jerry World or somewhere before then. That dang Red team in East Texas is scary in playoffs and the Coach does know how to giterdun. Enjoying yourself?:D :D

hollywood
11-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I ain't driving 3. hours to see Brownwood win by 60+. I'll wait until it is closer to the metromess ala Jerry World or somewhere before then. That dang Red team in East Texas is scary in playoffs and the Coach does know how to giterdun.

lol. bobcat1, I don't blame you. Especially when the temp is only going to be in the 50's for the high. I will say though, that after all talk I heard about the Bobcats offense being so well balanced this year, I was very surprised of the shut out. I figured Lucas Lovejoy would win, but not in a shut out. Wish you guys the best of luck next season.

Oh, and that red team in East Texas is going to have to get past one of those orange and black teams first. All three of the above are good.

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Enjoying yourself?:D :D ;) Just building a fire is all. :D

DaHop72
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM
;) Just building a fire is all. :D :thumbsup: You're a good man bobcat, building a fire to keep the Bwood faithful warm.:D

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
lol. bobcat1, I don't blame you. Especially when the temp is only going to be in the 50's for the high. I will say though, that after all talk I heard about the Bobcats offense being so well balanced this year, I was very surprised of the shut out. I figured Lucas Lovejoy would win, but not in a shut out. Wish you guys the best of luck next season.

Oh, and that red team in East Texas is going to have to get past one of those orange and black teams first. All three of the above are good. I just figured it out today, It was the G2 curse! Y'all have the Brownwood beat Brownwood deal wrapped up so I have to blame something. G2 is handy.

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thumbsup: You're a good man bobcat, building a fire to keep the Bwood faithful warm.:D It's a controled burn so to speak. ;)

hollywood
11-22-2010, 03:52 PM
It's a controled burn so to speak. ;)

Just try not to ignite any explosions, will ya?:p

BTW, who ya watchin' this weekend? There's a lot of good games this weekend.

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Just try not to ignite any explosions, will ya?:p

BTW, who ya watchin' this weekend? There's a lot of good games this weekend. I got company all day Friday and Saturday. Thanksgiving you know. I'll be listening to some though.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Good points. Trying to stay relevant and Kirbyville is the only team that made me raise my eyebrows this week.

I'll call them out soon. I'm really not worried about Argyle. If we are playing Argyle in the semis then I'll be very confident. Gilmer or Carthage I may be a little more worried about. We shall see...

If your concerned about Gilmer and Argyle beats them this week, then IMO you would be concerned about them

I have seen them both( and of course Bwood)..Argyle is damn good Rocket.

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If your concerned about Gilmer and Argyle beats them this week, then IMO you would be concerned about them

I have seen them both( and of course Bwood)..Argyle is damn good Rocket. YOU'RE GOING TO GET AN F IN ROCKET SCIENCE! :mad:

hollywood
11-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I have seen them both( and of course Bwood)..Argyle is damn good Rocket.

We've all heard how good Argyle is. Honest question Txbroadcaster, how would they compare to Bridgeport. The Bulls had some really good sized, strong linemen and all played very hard. Their skilled players were solid and the team played at a very fast pace. Very good team speed overall. As a whole, their defense tackled very well and all had great awareness of where the ball was going to be. Very well coached!

Pendragon13
11-22-2010, 10:32 PM
I said a little more than that. Kind of like a trot line... You're shy one hook on that line....where is the usual dig at Wylie?

RMAC
11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Rocket, you're like that little dog that runs around humping everyone's leg, just begging for attention. Or maybe that little chicken hawk from the old looney toons cartoons. We all know Brownwood has a very good team this year, but despite what you might think, a lot of the people on this board don't give a damn about the Lions or much less, what you think for that matter. Enjoy the run now, as juggernaut teams don't seem to come along now like they used to back in the day. Players get hurt and refs make bad calls. Nothig is a guarantee and you would do very well to rememeber that.

Eagle 1
11-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Didn't have far to drop...

This from a guy who said:

Originally posted by Rocket :
I say more dumb things than you :D

Eagle 1
11-23-2010, 09:37 AM

:D
The fan driving the van in the movie "3000 miles from Graceland" was Rocket?

http://www.imcdb.org/images/043/972.jpg