PDA

View Full Version : A Sincere and Humble Apology

MoveInDad
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
If I had any idea of the activity on the Celina Lovejoy Update thread, that was in reaction to my post titled “The Story of the Game… IMHO’, I would have immediately addressed the comments. However the thread was closed and as such it had been pushed off the front page and I had no idea. I did address my comments regarding the game on the ‘Celina Basketball’ this morning, and I went to copy them here, but that thread now seems to have removed for some reason… I sent a PM to the moderator asking why and requesting a copy of those comments.

Anybody who has read my previous posts, which you can anytime, will read that I have always been fair minded, humble and always protecting the interest of the kids playing the game… in all of them.
Reading the controversial post now, my comments seem harsh and I see now, how they were misconstrued as a personal attack on a fine young man, which they were not intended.

In the context of the thread, in the aftermath of the game, I was responding to attacks by others saying Celina was overmatched, out-coached and dominated in every facet of the game. In the heat of that ‘moment’, as you read, I indicated our passing game, and therefore by default our QB had a bad night, and that that was relevant to the outcome of the game.

Obviously, if I could take it all back, I would. I meant in no way to cause any further emotional pain than that already being felt by all, especially the boys that were out there giving it everything that had last Friday night, as well as the months and years leading up to that final game for many of them.

My sincere apologies to the Stephenson’s especially, I don’t know the family personally, just by their fine reputation in our community, and I will attempt to atone for my misjudgment by continuing to fully support all our kids in their endeavors to become the young adults we are proud to say are our Bobcats.

Charlie47
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
If I had any idea of the activity on the Celina Lovejoy Update thread, that was in reaction to my post titled “The Story of the Game… IMHO’, I would have immediately addressed the comments. However the thread was closed and as such it had been pushed off the front page and I had no idea. I did address my comments regarding the game on the ‘Celina Basketball’ this morning, and I went to copy them here, but that thread now seems to have removed for some reason… I sent a PM to the moderator asking why and requesting a copy of those comments.

Anybody who has read my previous posts, which you can anytime, will read that I have always been fair minded, humble and always protecting the interest of the kids playing the game… in all of them.
Reading the controversial post now, my comments seem harsh and I see now, how they were misconstrued as a personal attack on a fine young man, which they were not intended.

In the context of the thread, in the aftermath of the game, I was responding to attacks by others saying Celina was overmatched, out-coached and dominated in every facet of the game. In the heat of that ‘moment’, as you read, I indicated our passing game, and therefore by default our QB had a bad night, and that that was relevant to the outcome of the game.

Obviously, if I could take it all back, I would. I meant in no way to cause any further emotional pain than that already being felt by all, especially the boys that were out there giving it everything that had last Friday night, as well as the months and years leading up to that final game for many of them.

My sincere apologies to the Stephenson’s especially, I don’t know the family personally, just by their fine reputation in our community, and I will attempt to atone for my misjudgment by continuing to fully support all our kids in their endeavors to become the young adults we are proud to say are our Bobcats.

Way to go! There has been a lot of times in my life that I have said something that I wish I had not said! I'm confident that the fine folks in Celina will be quick to forgive!:)

trojandad
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
top rung, move-in-dad......filing it behind all my screw ups out here.......:clap: :clap: :clap:

skins4life
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
It takes a bigger man to say he was wrong and apologize. Well done!

bobcat1
11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I have never had to apologize..... not. Nice stand up apology MID.

bp80884
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Great post. This is a site where at times emotions show and we say somethings that we regret.

It is refreshing to read posts like this because it proves that we have some top notch people on the board.

No harm done. One thing I think we all need to realize that win or lose, we all hope these young people learn life lessons and become great citizens and adults from their student/athletic careers.

MoveInDad
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I have never had to apologize..... not. Nice stand up apology MID.
Well, I never though I'd be the one on the wrong side of this issue... it's very uncomfortable that some people think my comments were intended to hurt.
:(

wimbo_pro
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Well, I never though I'd be the one on the wrong side of this issue... it's very uncomfortable that some people think my comments were intended to hurt.
:(

I still dont think what you said warranted an apology, but the important thing is you thought it did...well said.