PDA

View Full Version : Another school losing players during playoffs..

wildstangs
11-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Cooper football players were suspended from the team after the Cougars’ area-round playoff victory in Lubbock on Friday night, a school official said Saturday.

After being contacted by the Reporter-News, Abilene Independent School District Superintendent Heath Burns said in a news release that the players were booted off the team indefinitely for violating team and school rules after Friday night’s game against Amarillo Tascosa in Lubbock. He said no names would be released.

“While we regret any and all poor decisions made by these few students, we remain proud of the efforts and accomplishments of all our athletes and coaches on the field of competition,” Burns said in the release.

Cooper football coach Mike Spradlin confirmed that three players had been removed from the team, but he wouldn’t release any other details, including if the players were starters.

Spradlin said he doesn’t expect the incident to bother his team.

“They’ll be fine, man. That’s what good football teams do,” she said. “That’s all I’m going to say. I’m not worried about it a bit. People make choices, and you live with the consequences of them. That’s the way life is, and that’s the way it works. We’ll be fine, trust me.”

Reports available at the Abilene Law Enforcement Center showed no record of juveniles from Cooper arrested or involved in any incident.

The Cougars play Denton Guyer at 1 p.m. Saturday in a Region I semifinal at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Is there a link?

gonktacular
11-21-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/nov/20/3-cooper-football-players-removed-team-rules-viola/