PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire Royal vs Athens 3A D2 Regional

WOS87
11-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Who wins?

Falcongrad&Dad
11-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Falcons flying high after round 2 win over a great WOS program. Gotta go with my boys. Go Falcons!!!

MrLucky11
11-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Brookshire beat West Orange. Coldspring destoryed Columbus. How did Columbus beat Brookshire?

BigDADDAgadda
11-21-2010, 02:11 AM
good luck to both teams, my best wishes and thoughts to our boyz. dont let soft thoughts creep in, and keep your goals in line. one step at a time, crawl before u walk, walk before you run. i know you guys have it in you. love u slim but this is more than that, we are a team and as a team we will rise together and for each other! GO FALCONS!!

1st and goal
11-21-2010, 10:40 AM
GO BR! You can do it. Bring your "A" game. Don't listen to outside influences. You have obvious strengths besides Brandon. Use your passing game. Your big O-line gives your QB time to throw. Everybody trying to stop your run game opens up your passing.

I would love to come see you guys again this year. Love the band and dancers too.

Lefty
11-21-2010, 10:58 AM
When and where is this game?

Falcongrad&Dad
11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Game is Friday night at 7:30pm at Floyd Casey Stadium, Baylor University, Waco. Royal is home team.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I heard Athens has a really good team this year but I will go with BR because of the Williams factor.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
athens by 10+

BRfalconfan
11-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
GO BR! You can do it. Bring your "A" game. Don't listen to outside influences. You have obvious strengths besides Brandon. Use your passing game. Your big O-line gives your QB time to throw. Everybody trying to stop your run game opens up your passing.

I would love to come see you guys again this year. Love the band and dancers too.

yup and teams that think we only have Brandon are thes ones who dont prepare for our passing game

midline
11-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Good luck stopping Athens Wing T. Good luck stopping Athens QB. Good luck stopping Athens Wideout #5 (TD in every game all season). Good luck stopping Athens multi-athlete #10 (6'3" 4.3 40yd)............. Good luck stopping Athens in general. One of the most talented teams left in the bracket. Too many weapons. Gave Chapel Hill all they could handle in dist champ game. Be prepared for Chapel Hill to win the UIL DI State Championship. These two teams are loaded boys and girls. Good luck stopping Athens.

BRfalconfan
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by midline
Good luck stopping Athens Wing T. Good luck stopping Athens QB. Good luck stopping Athens Wideout #5 (TD in every game all season). Good luck stopping Athens multi-athlete #10 (6'3" 4.3 40yd)............. Good luck stopping Athens in general. One of the most talented teams left in the bracket. Too many weapons. Gave Chapel Hill all they could handle in dist champ game. Be prepared for Chapel Hill to win the UIL DI State Championship. These two teams are loaded boys and girls. Good luck stopping Athens.

Is it true 4.3 speed cause that means he is as fast as brandon so he should have made it to state in one event in track and if so he got beat by brandon in the 200 or trey franks in the 100 so is this true 4.3 speed or a hand time

Chillfan
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Athens has suprised everybody. The gave us all we wanted.

I wouldnt fall asleep on them. The have some great weapons on offense and the defense is good. Their QB a big athletic kid with a great arm and can run the ball. Biggest dang oline we have seen.

Good Luck Hornets!!!!!

91 lion
11-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
athens by 10+

Sounds like you don't want to have anything to do with Williams and Company.

A little birdy that was at both games West Orange played against Kville and BR told me that "Hands Down", Williams was the best running back they faced this year...."not even close":thinking:

Take it for what it worth.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
athens has been winning in dominant fashion and ended the regular season with a three point loss to chapel hill. surprising how many people voted for BR to win this.

91 lion
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
athens has been winning in dominant fashion and ended the regular season with a three point loss to chapel hill. surprising how many people voted for BR to win this.

Oh....you know how it is when folks get behind a team that really may not be all that.....just because they have a good running back. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Unlike some other teams that fit that description. I think BR is the real deal. Athens no doubt has the goods to take this game, but BR has a game breaker that just may just be the difference in this one.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Oh....you know how it is when folks get behind a team that really may not be all that.....just because they have a good running back. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Unlike some other teams that fit that description. I think BR is the real deal. Athens no doubt has the goods to take this game, but BR has a game breaker that just may just be the difference in this one.

i can assure you that athens is better than say caldwell, or columbus:D :D :D :D :D :D

BRfalconfan
11-22-2010, 12:17 AM
i can assure you that athens is better than say caldwell, or columbus:D :D :D :D :D :D

Lol columbus yes caldwell no only reason I believe caldwell didn't make playoffs is they had 20ish kids on there team that takes a toll during the second half of the season.

Watcher
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Usually go with district as a homer, but Brookshire whinning against the refs in Sealy against Sealy I have to say the worst homer refs I have ever seen was playing in Brookshire. As far as Lol crap, Brookshire has Wlliams you stop him and Brookshire has nothing. Lol Lol Lol

the genious
11-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Watcher
Usually go with district as a homer, but Brookshire whinning against the refs in Sealy against Sealy I have to say the worst homer refs I have ever seen was playing in Brookshire. As far as Lol crap, Brookshire has Wlliams you stop him and Brookshire has nothing. Lol Lol Lol

And that's how Columbus beat them... Coldsprings has more thN 1 weapon haha they WILL find ways to get Williams the ball and he WILL make them count.... And 4.3 speed on track don't always translate to pad speed Williams has 4.3 pad speed and y'all will find out friday

midline
11-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Is it true 4.3 speed cause that means he is as fast as brandon so he should have made it to state in one event in track and if so he got beat by brandon in the 200 or trey franks in the 100 so is this true 4.3 speed or a hand time

Didn't see it. He ran that at a Texas A&M day camp. Made alot of noise last year in the area. I think he's more of 400m kid - man's race. All that said, he did get twisted up Friday night. Who knows.

Good luck to both teams.

Kickin It
11-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Lol columbus yes caldwell no only reason I believe caldwell didn't make playoffs is they had 20ish kids on there team that takes a toll during the second half of the season.

Not a very intelligent post at all.

Seriously, your LOL at a district team that beat yall, I bet you weren't lol on the ride home. Its people like you that make it tough to keep backing a team, but got to remember it is the kids you are backing. Good luck Brookshire!! Keep representing the DISTRICT!

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 08:23 AM

hmm.. kirbyville has made plenty runs in the playoffs with 20ish kids. not sure what their roster is right now that they brought up a lot of JV kids but thats not necessarily a "problem".

wos had like 7 turnovers and still almost beat BR on a night where nothing was going right and brandon was running wild. goodluck to BR it was just my opinion that Athens is the better team.

91 lion
11-22-2010, 09:36 AM
hmm.. kirbyville has made plenty runs in the playoffs with 20ish kids. not sure what their roster is right now that they brought up a lot of JV kids but thats not necessarily a "problem".

Remember though, you were doing that in 2a...where most all schools had 20ish kids. It makes a difference.

A few years back when Brownwood was in 4a, we had about the same # of kids suiting up as we do now, the difference is that we now, are playing other teams with a few kids that play both sides of the ball....back then, NO ONE in our district had 2-way players.

You can do well for a while against that, but over the long haul it takes its toll.

In a 3 game stretch, we played a tough Abilene Cooper team (loss) turned aroung and played Copperas Cove in District opener, #1 team in 4a, the next week (win) .....then played an above average, but physical, Waco Midway team....that I feel that we were better than, but lost, because our boys were spent....and the injuries were piling up. We had 900 kids, playing school with 2000 kids.

So, I totally see how that could have been the case for a team like Caldwell if their numbers wer in the 20s.

I hope thats not the case for you guys, cause I love pulling for the little guy.....but the numbers tend to catch uo to the thin teams.

buff4ever
11-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Who wins?

BR wins by 21 unless they just want to prove me wrong 2 weeks in a row:D :D

buff4ever
11-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Watcher

Giddings held Williams to 60 or 70 yards and they threw for 200 plus on us

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I wish that this game was being played at Waco ISD as a double header with Navasota and Chapel Hill.:(

buff4ever
11-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I wish that this game was being played at Waco ISD as a double header with Navasota and Chapel Hill.:(

That would be worth traveling to

Crasher
11-22-2010, 10:17 AM

wos had like 7 turnovers and still almost beat BR on a night where nothing was going right and brandon was running wild. goodluck to BR it was just my opinion that Athens is the better team. \\\\
edited...lhpm :tisk:

wos had 5 turnovers. brookshire had 4.
dont you have your own game to worry about.? You better worry about coldspring before you worry about anyone else.

waterboy
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll take Athens. I don't know why, but I'll take the Hornets nonetheless....;)

hornetsrule
11-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Athens in this one ... dominant D ... several offensive weapons ... check out the poll on Smoaky.com

BigDADDAgadda
11-22-2010, 01:44 PM
The difference in this game will be coaching. If anyone bumpin there gums about the falcons, knew anything beside SLIM, they would see changes, substations that have been made thru out the season. say from caldwall to columbus to the wos games, royal falcon coaches put their kids in position to win when it counts. same thing happened last year and the minor changes help them past giddings and beyond.
I was worried about the wos game because everyone kept sayin how great wos defense was, tell you what, I felt much better after royal was up 21.
It just seems as if SLIM has stepped it up a notch here in these past few weeks. Starting with the last play of the sealy game. “He’s a beast!” said wos on there local newspaper and I believe Athens will be signin the same tune after the game Friday. Oohhh and they will also compliment the mighty falcon band! The badDIST little band in the land! Lmao Good luck to both teams, GO FALONS! Sorry for the run on sentences but im at work and I gots to go! adios
:hand:

Green Bling
11-22-2010, 04:42 PM
The 2010 edition of the Hornets team will be worth keeping an eye on in this match up. They are talented on both sides of the ball and are well coached. They came out on top of Lorena for the first time in 99 years Friday night. I think the hungry Hornets take this one by a few.

Green Bling
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
ttt

Matthew328
11-22-2010, 09:07 PM
take Brookshire, the loss of Kendall Sanders is tough for Athens to overcome

Booter11
11-22-2010, 11:33 PM
I said this last week and i will say it again.. Brandon Williams takes control of this one early and the Falcons keep on rolling in the playoffs... Represent D-24.. Falcons by 14

BRfalconfan
11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I really think royal wins by 10+ if that #10 is hurt any updates?

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
That would be worth traveling to

Most def since I've booked me a hotel for Thursday and Friday in Waco.

BRfalconfan
11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Hope the next couple of days fly by looking forward to the game :)

zebrablue2
11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by MrLucky11
Brookshire beat West Orange. Coldspring destoryed Columbus. How did Columbus beat Brookshire?

Thats why they play the game:D Good luck Falcons!!!

wccrawfishking
11-26-2010, 08:21 AM
:) Athens , Royal is not, an only Brandon Williams team , they are a TEAM !!! They have become togather, like fine wine, better with age. My prediction, Royal 24 Athens 16 and that's being nice

midline
11-26-2010, 11:48 AM
does anyone have a radio broadcast link for this game?

Royal SET
11-26-2010, 12:57 PM
It will be on the web @

http://www.audiosportsonline.net/BrookshireRoyal/2010Football.htm

but if you are a Falcon Fan see you at the game!

GO FALCONS!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2010, 02:00 PM
From your neighbors in Grimes County, Go Royal!

I wish that you guys played before Navasota/TCH. My hotel in near Baylor. Bummer!:(