View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Sweeny vs. Wimberley (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

jmar623
11-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Go to www.thepressboxsports.com to listen to the game

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Games not over!:eek:

TexState86
11-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Anyone have a final score on this one? I do know that Coldspring beat Kirbyville tonight.

greenzebra
11-26-2010, 11:24 PM
35-17 Wimberely last I heard

sinton66
11-26-2010, 11:39 PM
42-17 Wimberley final.

shamu85
11-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Sweeny's offense is backyard willy nilly. Their receivers don't finish their routes and their downfield blocking is atrocious. O line is big, but very slow and lazy blockers.

Blakemore is good for Wimberley, but if they win the region and maybe even the semis (don't know who is left in the bracket), I don't see their D hanging with Brownwood's O at all. Especially since Brownwood's QB is not 5'9" a la Tre Lemon.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Great win texans!Except for some untimely penalties we eliminated the mistakes tonight.We now have to get ready for Navarro who is playing better than our first meeting in Wimberley.I'm sure we will get their best shot but I think we will win of course.Go Texans!

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
Blakemore is good for Wimberley, but if they win the region and maybe even the semis (don't know who is left in the bracket), I don't see their D hanging with Brownwood's O at all. Especially since Brownwood's QB is not 5'9" a la Tre Lemon.

We'll worry about Brownwood <bows head> in a couple weeks, if we keep it going and win the next two weeks. Sweeny is a good team, and showed signs of life late in the 2nd and early in the 3rd.They were bigger than us, and faster in key positions (QB, receiver). But the problem was they couldnt stop our offense consistently. A few untimely turnovers didnt help them either. I think it was pretty clear who the better team was by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I dont know if Sweeny is "senior heavy", but if they are young, they will be even better next year. Great game, Bulldogs.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Great win texans!Except for some untimely penalties we eliminated the mistakes tonight.We now have to get ready for Navarro who is playing better than our first meeting in Wimberley.I'm sure we will get their best shot but I think we will win of course.Go Texans!

Very true...we eliminated many, many mistakes. It was definitely the best performance of the year, in my view. We just keep getting better! And yes, I agree with you...we WILL beat Navarro. I'll make a prediction later in the week, but I think it will be similar to the Sweeny predictions.

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Sweeny's offense is backyard willy nilly. Their receivers don't finish their routes and their downfield blocking is atrocious. O line is big, but very slow and lazy blockers.

Wow, another DL member knocking the Texans and so hastingly posting negativity after a victory. Let us worry about Navarro next week. If we have the chance to play for the title, we'll worry about BW or whomever it is then. Go Texans!!

PS: It is out of our control how tall our opponent's QB will be. We just play the game.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Wow, another DL member knocking the Texans and so hastingly posting negativity after a victory. Let us worry about Navarro next week. If we have the chance to play for the title, we'll worry about BW or whomever it is then. Go Texans!!

PS: It is out of our control how tall our opponent's QB will be. We just play the game.

You tell em Tejas!!! LOL

greenzebra
11-27-2010, 02:59 AM

Totally right, it's not the size of the player, it's the size of his heart!!!

sinton66
11-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Congrats Texans. Great season Sweeny!

SHSBulldog00
11-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Congrats to the Texans on the 42-17 win. Sweeny is very Senior laden. Like in our other losses turnovers and penalties have killed us. 3 INT's one returned for TD and the other 2 set up TD's. Sweeny's D showed glimpses of being good but couldn't stop 19, 33 enough. Great Season Sweeny and Good Luck to Wimberley.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2010, 10:27 AM

He just provided an unbiased opinion.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Congrats to the Texans on the 42-17 win. Sweeny is very Senior laden. Like in our other losses turnovers and penalties have killed us. 3 INT's one returned for TD and the other 2 set up TD's. Sweeny's D showed glimpses of being good but couldn't stop 19, 33 enough. Great Season Sweeny and Good Luck to Wimberley.

Thanks BullDog. You are right, those turnovers were killers, especially the one in the beginning of the 3rq Q after you had scored on your last 3 drives (FG, 2 TD's). It put the breaks on your momentum, which can kill a team coming back from 28-3. Sorry to hear you are senior heavy...but what does your young crop coming up look like?

Gotta give this to you...Sweeny never gave up. I have seen teams that kind of throw in the towel when they get pummelled in the 1st Q like we did you guys. But you took the shots, regrouped, and came storming back. You had me a little worried aboutmid-way through the 3rd quarter...I was thinking of Hondo in 06 when we went up 20-0 in the 1st Q and lost the game. Good luck to your team next year!

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

And so was she!!:D

SHSBulldog00
11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Thanks BullDog. You are right, those turnovers were killers, especially the one in the beginning of the 3rq Q after you had scored on your last 3 drives (FG, 2 TD's). It put the breaks on your momentum, which can kill a team coming back from 28-3. Sorry to hear you are senior heavy...but what does your young crop coming up look like?

Gotta give this to you...Sweeny never gave up. I have seen teams that kind of throw in the towel when they get pummelled in the 1st Q like we did you guys. But you took the shots, regrouped, and came storming back. You had me a little worried aboutmid-way through the 3rd quarter...I was thinking of Hondo in 06 when we went up 20-0 in the 1st Q and lost the game. Good luck to your team next year!

13 of our 22 are Seniors. #21, #25 (Juniors) and #30 (Soph) are coming back. along with a few others. Most of the linemen will graduate.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Good season Sweeny and Congrats to Wimberley as they keep moving towards their goal.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 11:13 AM
13 of our 22 are Seniors. #21, #25 (Juniors) and #30 (Soph) are coming back. along with a few others. Most of the linemen will graduate.

Your line was pretty damned big!

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:26 AM
From the San Marcos Record...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x862971361/HS-Football-Texans-advance-to-regional-finals

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Unbiased, really? Then again you are from Liberty Hill.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I dont know what game this guy saw when he said (referring to the halftime score being 28-10):

"For the rest of the game Wimberley never lost their momentum as they controlled the tempo and largely held Sweeny in check for much of the second half as they coasted to a 25-point victory and another state quarterfinals berth."

Sweeny came out and was on fire, putting up 7 points after stopping our offense!! It was 28-17, and all the momentum was with Sweeny. I was very worried at this point, especially after they made us punt again...but then they threw the interception. It was at THAT point that this above comment is accurate.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Another from the San Marcos Record before last nights game...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468308630/HS-Football-Texans-shoot-for-another-playoff-win

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Another from the San Marcos Record before last nights game...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468308630/HS-Football-Texans-shoot-for-another-playoff-win

Coach Nelms on Dennis Smiths return.

[" Wimberley will continue to play without star running back Dennis Smith, who suffered a broken foot in late September. Recent disciplinary issues with the school that first began two and a half weeks ago have kept Smith out of the huddle even after his foot had healed. Nelms, though, isn’t counting out the possibility of Smith rejoining the team this season.

“They haven’t ruled on his situation. I’m not happy about it, but I can’t discuss it either,” Nelms said. “It’s a discipline issue, in the school’s hands and hopefully we’ll get him back at some point if we keep playing, but we don’t know when.”

Until his situation with the school has been resolved, Smith isn’t allowed to be a part of any team activities.

“He’s having a tough time with it. With any 16-year-old kid that has their passion taken away from them, it’s going to be tough,” Nelms said. “I talked to him the other night and the kids do, too. It’s an unfortunate situation. He’s well loved and liked by the coaching staff and these kids. It’s just one of those things that happened, but we move on. If not this year, he’ll be back next year for us, full steam ahead.”]

I think Dennis's departure has opened up the Texan's offense more.Lambert has taken charge and stepped up his play and Trinity Wilson has played great but who wouldn't want to see Smith return for his senior season?I really don't expect to see him play again this year.The team has been great without him and I think it would do more harm than good to allow him back on the team now.

shamu85
11-27-2010, 12:28 PM

Why would you think it was not unbiased? I think I was much more critical of Sweeny than Wimberley anyway. Why are you so butt hurt over an opinion? Isn't that what this forum is for?

Wimberley is a good team, and any other year might, quite possibly, have a good chance at a state championship. I just think from what I have seen of Brownwood, the Texans' D will not be able to hang. Before seeing the Texans last night, I thought that Wimberley might have a good chance against Brownwood, and have posted such on other forums. Last night changed my opinion.

And what does "we can't control the size of our opponent's QB" have to do with the conversation?

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM

[" Wimberley will continue to play without star running back Dennis Smith, who suffered a broken foot in late September. Recent disciplinary issues with the school that first began two and a half weeks ago have kept Smith out of the huddle even after his foot had healed. Nelms, though, isn’t counting out the possibility of Smith rejoining the team this season.

“They haven’t ruled on his situation. I’m not happy about it, but I can’t discuss it either,” Nelms said. “It’s a discipline issue, in the school’s hands and hopefully we’ll get him back at some point if we keep playing, but we don’t know when.”

Until his situation with the school has been resolved, Smith isn’t allowed to be a part of any team activities.

“He’s having a tough time with it. With any 16-year-old kid that has their passion taken away from them, it’s going to be tough,” Nelms said. “I talked to him the other night and the kids do, too. It’s an unfortunate situation. He’s well loved and liked by the coaching staff and these kids. It’s just one of those things that happened, but we move on. If not this year, he’ll be back next year for us, full steam ahead.”]

I think Dennis's departure has opened up the Texan's offense more.Lambert has taken charge and stepped up his play and Trinity Wilson has played great but who wouldn't want to see Smith return for his senior season?I really don't expect to see him play again this year.The team has been great without him and I think it would do more harm than good to allow him back on the team now.

If it comes down to a decision on his return this year, I think the team should be able to vote on it.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Why would you think it was not unbiased? I think I was much more critical of Sweeny than Wimberley anyway. Why are you so butt hurt over an opinion? Isn't that what this forum is for?

Wimberley is a good team, and any other year might, quite possibly, have a good chance at a state championship. I just think from what I have seen of Brownwood, the Texans' D will not be able to hang. Before seeing the Texans last night, I thought that Wimberley might have a good chance against Brownwood, and have posted such on other forums. Last night changed my opinion.

And what does "we can't control the size of our opponent's QB" have to do with the conversation?

We may or may not be able to hang with Brownwood but we arent playing Brownwood this week so it doesnt matter. We have to worry about the games we are playing and winning those and if we end up against Brownwood then we will see how we match up. Until then we cant be worried how we compare to a team we arent playing against.

shamu85
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
We may or may not be able to hang with Brownwood but we arent playing Brownwood this week so it doesnt matter. We have to worry about the games we are playing and winning those and if we end up against Brownwood then we will see how we match up. Until then we cant be worried how we compare to a team we arent playing against.

Fine, but I couldn't care less who you still have. My comment was meant to compare Wimberley with Brownwood. My perogative, so it matters to me. Nobody is telling you to be worried about Brownwood. Again, seeing Wimberley last night changed my opinion of how Wimberley might fare against Brownwood.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 12:43 PM
All I can say about who we might play in the future is this...

Dont forget the year that the Patriots were 18-0, and were a shoe-in for the Super Bowl. Dial back to that Sunday....and remember what happened.

ogg
11-27-2010, 12:43 PM

If Dennis returns next year he should be placed in the WR position, I have always felt he was a born receiver not a running back. Leave Trinity at running back and place Dennis and Brennen at WR.

I wounder if A&M has the same idea as me, maybe H-back or just defense.

snaxet
11-27-2010, 12:45 PM
You are so right Gold_33, we will have our hands full this week against Navarro. Who cares about Brownwood, except for maybe Monahans. It's one game at a time.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 12:59 PM
If it comes down to a decision on his return this year, I think the team should be able to vote on it.

I say if he has served his punishment and done what he has had to do to come back and the team is willing to except him then let him play. With the emergence of Wilson at RB it makes us not have to rely on just Smith to carry the ball and we can use him more on D without him getting wore down. "IF" he returns it could be huge for us these last few games no doubt, but I think him being out showed our team that we could still win and made other guys step up and fill the role and it made our offense have to open up a little more.

TexanAlum_06
11-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ogg
If Dennis returns next year he should be placed in the WR position, I have always felt he was a born receiver not a running back. Leave Trinity at running back and place Dennis and Brennen at WR.

As of right now it would be hard for me to put Dennis (if available) back in at RB over Wilson because he has answered the call and is playing extremely well, there is no denying that. IMO Wilson has a better initial burst through the hole than Dennis does. He reminds me of Buse in some aspects.

The coaches will have their hands full next year figuring out how to use both Smith and Wilson. We will need to dial up some 2-back sets.

snaxet
11-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ogg

Coach Nelms will get it sorted out. If Dennis is able to come back even this year; he will no doubt be a great help, especially on Defense, and his opportunity to help out on the offensive side could prove to be large, especially when we need a power back for a few yards. We have been stopped several times at the goal line and on 4th down trying to gain a couple of yards. Let's give credit to Coach Nelms for how he has used this as a teaching tool and made the team stronger in spite of the adversity. You can rest assured that Dennis will be used in a variety of ways but having Dennis, Trinity and Brady in the same backfield would be something to see. Nevertheless, you have to respect Coach Nelms for showing how much he cares about all of those kids including Dennis.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
As of right now it would be hard for me to put Dennis (if available) back in at RB over Wilson because he has answered the call and is playing extremely well, there is no denying that. IMO Wilson has a better initial burst through the hole than Dennis does. He reminds me of Buse in some aspects.

The coaches will have their hands full next year figuring out how to use both Smith and Wilson. We will need to dial up some 2-back sets.

Id say its a great problem to have though for next year!! Lol. Having Wilson, Smith next year will be deadly, also throw in the JV RB Morris, who can fly just needs some bulk, and Kelley and we will be loaded with runningbacks that can make big plays. Whether this year or next year Smith needs to be on D alot because I think thats where he will play in college and if we can limit his carries on O and keep him fresh throughout the game and be able to get him some rest then it'll be huge. If Smith can be fresh come 4th qtr then that'll be very dangerous!!

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Nobody butt hurt here. If you want to go in this direction I'm afraid you would lose. Your timimg was just very poor but you shared your opinion, I shared mine. When you berate a team that just lost displays even less an opinion/respect toward the team that won. This is exactly what you did to Sweeny and the Texans. It is my obligation as a fan to support my team. Yes, it appears to be a little defensive, but that is my nature. It also appears you are just another on the BW bandwagon thus the biased. There are other teams still in the mix. I'm the sort to show them respect until proven otherwise.

Read your post. I believe you brought up the fact that the QB was 5"9" so I ask you, what did that have to do with anything?

TexanAlum_06
11-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Id say its a great problem to have though for next year!! Lol. Having Wilson, Smith next year will be deadly, also throw in the JV RB Morris, who can fly just needs some bulk, and Kelley and we will be loaded with runningbacks that can make big plays. Whether this year or next year Smith needs to be on D alot because I think thats where he will play in college and if we can limit his carries on O and keep him fresh throughout the game and be able to get him some rest then it'll be huge. If Smith can be fresh come 4th qtr then that'll be very dangerous!!

Agreed on all accounts, I just hope they dont move Trinity to another position, he is a natural RB and needs to play there. I too think Dennis could possibly end up on the defensive side of the ball at the next level. If he were to return this season we could really use his help covering Shipley in a few weeks, IF we make it that far.

rb585
11-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Fine, but I couldn't care less who you still have. My comment was meant to compare Wimberley with Brownwood. My perogative, so it matters to me. Nobody is telling you to be worried about Brownwood. Again, seeing Wimberley last night changed my opinion of how Wimberley might fare against Brownwood.

I don't see anything disrespectful in your original statement -- no one looks like they could hang with Brownwood's O.

However, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person sick of having Brownwood creep into every freaking thread on the board.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
Coach Nelms will get it sorted out. If Dennis is able to come back even this year; he will no doubt be a great help, especially on Defense, and his opportunity to help out on the offensive side could prove to be large, especially when we need a power back for a few yards. We have been stopped several times at the goal line and on 4th down trying to gain a couple of yards. Let's give credit to Coach Nelms for how he has used this as a teaching tool and made the team stronger in spite of the adversity. You can rest assured that Dennis will be used in a variety of ways but having Dennis, Trinity and Brady in the same backfield would be something to see. Nevertheless, you have to respect Coach Nelms for showing how much he cares about all of those kids including Dennis.

Very true, Nelms has something about him that makes the kids buy into whatever he says and can bring a team together better than anyone i've seen. With the injuries we've had to guys that were huge role players on the team and the off the field issues that went on, for him to keep this team focused and playing the way they are and to have guys step in and fill the void is remarkable.

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
I was at the game, and Ill say this: The better team (Wimberley) did win.... but I don't think Wimberley is 25 points better than Sweeny like the score indicated.

A couple times Sweeny drove into the red zone and turned the ball over, once on the Texans 2 yard line.

Sweeny D couldnt really stop #19, #2, or #33 consistently, and it hurt them big time.

And my vote for potw is #2. 2 INT's (1 for a TD), a couple catches (1 for a td), tackles and pass break ups on D, etc

ogg
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM

+1 on the D.
Trinity was a great running back on JV, he just gets better, Dennis is a bruser! Nelms will know what to do.

Brennen is just everywhere on the field.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by rb585
I don't see anything disrespectful in your original statement -- no one looks like they could hang with Brownwood's O.

However, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person sick of having Brownwood creep into every freaking thread on the board.

Amen to that!

P.S. Who was the last team to beat Brownwood?:cool:

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I say Dennis MUST be on the defensive side of the ball at the next level (assuming he makes it there). He is a bit too slow for running back at that D1 level, a bit too tall as well. He isnt fast enough for a wide receiver, but maybe a tight end, if he can block. I am thinking outside linebacker possibly...there is no way he can be in the defensive backfield at the D1 level.

But the point is...he is an athlete that many teams would want...including us at THIS level. I am a big believer in redemption and forgivness, especially when the person is young. I have big hopes for Dennis, and I want to see him get his life in order and move on to the next level and be a huge success.

If the 30 year old Dennis Smith could speak to the 17 year old Dennis Smith, I bet he would say..." You still have time to make things right. Get your head on straight, dedicate yourself to your passion, listen to your coaches, work harder than you EVER have worked...now is the time to make your future. If you wait till the future gets there, it will be too late"

snaxet
11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Amen to that!

P.S. Who was the last team to beat Brownwood?:cool:

Uh, Brownwood!!! Signed Rocket over and out.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Agreed on all accounts, I just hope they dont move Trinity to another position, he is a natural RB and needs to play there. I too think Dennis could possibly end up on the defensive side of the ball at the next level. If he were to return this season we could really use his help covering Shipley in a few weeks, IF we make it that far.

Yes IF we get to Brownwood, having him playing would be huge on D but we'll cross that bridge when we get there!! Im just hoping everything can get cleared up and he can return and contribute at a high level again whether this year or next because hes fun to watch.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
Uh, Brownwood!!! Signed Rocket over and out.
hahahahaahahaha...good one!!!!

ogg
11-27-2010, 01:40 PM
The Texan's O-line are like small tractors that seem to move people around at will. LOL

shamu85
11-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by rb585

Haha. You guys have no idea whether I am a Brownwood fan or not. I actually graduated from Sweeny 25 years ago! I am not a big fan of most of the Brownwood posters, but I like HS fooftball, and that Brownwood team is special this year. I would love, however, to see someone give them a game that is within 14 points. I was hoping that Wimberley was that team, but I don't think so now. Not that Wimberley is not good (they are), but I don't think any of the teams that I have seen this year are in their league. Perhaps Argyle has a chance, who knows, but when you pound a 4A team that is through to the 4th round by as much as the Lions did to S'vill, I have my doubts that any 3A team can hang with them. My post was not intended to be about Wimberley's next opponent or respect for Sweeny (I actually don't much respect that offensive scheme), it was meant to be MY OPINION about the Sweeny offense and the likelyhood of another top 10 3A team (Wimberley) being able to actually give Brownwood a good game.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ogg
The Texan's O-line are like small tractors that seem to move people around at will. LOL

Great way to put it, OOG. On the whole, we are almost always smaller, though we do have on big boy. Our coaches are just good at getting the most out of what they have.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Haha. You guys have no idea whether I am a Brownwood fan or not. I actually graduated from Sweeny 25 years ago! I am not a big fan of most of the Brownwood posters, but I like HS fooftball, and that Brownwood team is special this year. I would love, however, to see someone give them a game that is within 14 points. I was hoping that Wimberley was that team, but I don't think so now. Not that Wimberley is not good (they are), but I don't think any of the teams that I have seen this year are in their league. Perhaps Argyle has a chance, who knows, but when you pound a 4A team that is through to the 4th round by as much as the Lions did to S'vill, I have my doubts that any 3A team can hang with them. My post was not intended to be about Wimberley's next opponent or respect for Sweeny (I actually don't much respect that offensive scheme), it was meant to be MY OPINION about the Sweeny offense and the likelyhood of another top 10 3A team (Wimberley) being able to actually give Brownwood a good game.

IF ,and that's a big IF,any team can hang with Brownwood it is Wimberley but we got 2 more wins to get there first, beginning with Navarro.

gold_33
11-27-2010, 01:56 PM

I respect your opinion and will agree that Brownwood has a fantastic team and will be tough to beat. I dont know if we would be able to stop them but I think we would be able to score on them. But I do believe that if Smith returns before then and we make it to play Brownwood then it makes it way more interesting of a match up because he will be matched up with Shipley more than likely.

shamu85
11-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I respect your opinion and will agree that Brownwood has a fantastic team and will be tough to beat. I dont know if we would be able to stop them but I think we would be able to score on them. But I do believe that if Smith returns before then and we make it to play Brownwood then it makes it way more interesting of a match up because he will be matched up with Shipley more than likely.

Perhaps, but unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of seeing Smith play. Living in the Austin area, I have heard plenty about him through the Statesman and other sources, but never got the opportunity to see him play...yet. Perhaps in round 6.

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 04:39 PM

SHSBulldog00, your Dawgs had all of us nervous there in the 3rd. Understand why you felt so strong about their chances. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and humor. You helped make the past week very enjoyable with your posts. Lastly, I just appreciate the class shown in your latest comments. Congrats on a fine year and best wishes to you and your Sweeny Bulldogs for future success. :thumbsup: :clap:

mudhen
11-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Shamu. What do u know about the sweeny offense? Give me some insight. U seem to have quite a few answers.......

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I didn't give an opinion. And shamu is NOT from Liberty Hill.

Are you secretly tropic mama? :eek: :doh:

shamu85
11-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by mudhen
Shamu. What do u know about the sweeny offense? Give me some insight. U seem to have quite a few answers.......

Nothing other than what I saw last night. About 7 plays run over and over, recievers who don't complete their routes and don't block downfield, offensive line that is slow and doesn't block strong, they just get in the way, and a small but very quick QB who forces too many passes into coverage. It reminded me of sandlot football. The have some good athletes as always, but I didn't see any real plan to that offense.

rb585
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Nothing other than what I saw last night. About 7 plays run over and over, recievers who don't complete their routes and don't block downfield, offensive line that is slow and doesn't block strong, they just get in the way, and a small but very quick QB who forces too many passes into coverage. It reminded me of sandlot football. The have some good athletes as always, but I didn't see any real plan to that offense.

Sounds like shamu knows a lot about the Sweeny offense. :1popcorn:

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 10:41 PM

Maybe you should address the Sweeny coach. Don't you think the Texan's defense had a little to do with the shortfalls of the Sweeny offense? Fortunately our success is not based on opinions, but the final results. In spite of the Texan's problems on defense, they are a scrappy bunch. Don't underestimate them.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe you should address the Sweeny coach. Don't you think the Texans defense had a little to do with the shortfalls of the Sweeny offense? Fortunately our success is not based on opinions, but the final results. In spite of the Texan's problems on defense, they are a scrappy bunch. Don't underestimate them. thats how i see it, Wimberley is the reason he most likely saw it that way.

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I didn't give an opinion. And shamu is NOT from Liberty Hill.

Are you secretly tropic mama? :eek: :doh:

I know Shamu is not from LH, Seaworld maybe. I'm not sure what you mean LHPM about tropic mama. Must be an inside joke. I'm not even sure why you felt the need to comment. All Shamu was trying to do was get a chip off of his shoulder or possibly create another BW thread. My problem was that he was beating a team while they were down and showing little respect for the team that won. Again, the timing of the comments were the key.

shamu85
11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
I know Shamu is not from LH, Seaworld maybe. I'm not sure what you mean LHPM about tropic mama. Must be an inside joke. I'm not even sure why you felt the need to comment. All Shamu was trying to do was get a chip off of his shoulder or possibly create another BW thread. My problem was that he was beating a team while they were down and showing little respect for the team that won. Again, the timing of the comments were the key.

Beating a team when they were down? Showing little respect for a team that won? Do you know what an opinion is? It's not like I was addressing the team. It was an unbiased opinion on a HS football board. Nothing else, and you got butt hurt because I didn't praise Wimberley.

Little do you know, I am actually a big Wimberley fan. There's a JH coach there who is the little brother of a good high school friend of mine. My opinion was based on the fact that I was hoping they would be the Div 2 team to give Brownwood a run for their money, but as much as I would love for it to happen, I just don't think it will. I have never even commented on a Brownwood thread before, much less started one.

And BTW, there's at least one WC coach who shares the same opinion as I do about the Sweeny offense. I didn't ever write that Wimberley didn't cause their problems, and in fact implied just the opposite because the Wimberley D line was quick, which is what gave them the problems in the first place.

Tejastrue
11-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Beating a team when they were down? Showing little respect for a team that won? Do you know what an opinion is? It's not like I was addressing the team. It was an unbiased opinion on a HS football board. Nothing else, and you got butt hurt because I didn't praise Wimberley.

Little do you know, I am actually a big Wimberley fan. There's a JH coach there who is the little brother of a good high school friend of mine. My opinion was based on the fact that I was hoping they would be the Div 2 team to give Brownwood a run for their money, but as much as I would love for it to happen, I just don't think it will. I have never even commented on a Brownwood thread before, much less started one.

And BTW, there's at least one WC coach who shares the same opinion as I do about the Sweeny offense. I didn't ever write that Wimberley didn't cause their problems, and in fact implied just the opposite because the Wimberley D line was quick, which is what gave them the problems in the first place.

There you go with that butt hurt comment again. Do you have a thing for that? You still miss the point I've been trying make. There is no class in knocking a team while they are down, period. The Wimberley supporters I've become familiar with on this forum have not, and I believe will not ever, do that to a team. There is no glory in it. I have the right to disagree and comment on what you say, otherwise why bother with the posts. If you are really a Wimberley fan, then these comments would never have happened. As I said before, you gave an opinion, so did I. Whose butt is hurting now?

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Post by shamu85 just a few hours after Sweeny lost to Wimberley 42-17.

Tell me folks. Is this not knocking a team when they are down?

ogg
11-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Post by shamu85 just a few hours after Sweeny lost to Wimberley 42-17.

Tell me folks. Is this not knocking a team when they are down?

I will say what we all know, Sweeny has THE most elusive qb I've seen. More so than Brock Fitzhenry. I guessing Lemon accounts for over 75% of the offense in different forms.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by ogg
I will say what we all know, Sweeny has THE most elusive qb I've seen. More so than Brock Fitzhenry. I guessing Lemon accounts for over 75% of the offense in different forms.

Agreed. We were all over him, but he escaped almost every time. He had me very worried. As far as their offensive line....I mean this respectfully, but they were beat by speed and quickness. They were big and strong and played hard, but they couldnt handle the smaller, faster defense. But that darned QB...we almost had him at LEAST 15 times....and then he'd squirm away.

One note for those who were there...did you notice our defensive guys would stay in their lanes? They wouldnt go chasing the QB all over hell and back, giving a scrambler lanes to escape. They are disciplined....thank you Coach Smith. Good job!! It is all about discipline, and following the game plan. Focus, Discipline and Team Work. Thats how smaller teams win.

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Agreed. We were all over him, but he escaped almost every time. He had me very worried. As far as their offensive line....I mean this respectfully, but they were beat by speed and quickness. They were big and strong and played hard, but they couldnt handle the smaller, faster defense. But that darned QB...we almost had him at LEAST 15 times....and then he'd squirm away.

One note for those who were there...did you notice our defensive guys would stay in their lanes? They wouldnt go chasing the QB all over hell and back, giving a scrambler lanes to escape. They are disciplined....thank you Coach Smith. Good job!! It is all about discipline, and following the game plan. Focus, Discipline and Team Work. Thats how smaller teams win.

I did notice the discipline on our part. They had to be. Their quarterback was very quick. Countless times we had him in the backfield and he was able to elude the tackle. Didn't notice any frustration on the Texans part. They just kept getting after it.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure what you mean LHPM about tropic mama. Must be an inside joke. I'm not even sure why you felt the need to comment.
Yes, an inside joke apparently gone bad. Next time I guess I'll ask permission before commenting.

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Yes, an inside joke apparently gone bad. Next time I guess I'll ask permission before commenting.

That would be great!!:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 09:49 AM
That would be great!!:thumbsup:
You don't know me very well. :p

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 09:52 AM
You don't know me very well. :p

I was afraid of that. :weeping:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
OK you two...sheesh!! I like you both! Stop it!! LHPM...thats a name I havent heard in a while (TropicMamma). You have a good memory!!!! I didnt even think of that.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
OK you two...sheesh!! I like you both! Stop it!! LHPM...thats a name I havent heard in a while (TropicMamma). You have a good memory!!!! I didnt even think of that.
I knew you'd get it. :D And yes, I do, even for an old fart. ;)

lbjacj
11-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Write up from San Marcos Record...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468309423/HS-Football-Texans-beat-Sweeny-Navarro-is-next

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Sorry wimbo_pro. She started it. :tongue: I'm afraid she also finished it. :bigcry:
Someone will have to fill me in about Tropicmamma. I need a laugh and something tells me this would work.

Oh yeah, it's nice to be likeable. :cheerl:

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Write up from San Marcos Record...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1468309423/HS-Football-Texans-beat-Sweeny-Navarro-is-next

Always great coverage from the SM Record. Thanks for posting lbjacj.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Sorry wimbo_pro. She started it. :tongue: I'm afraid she also finished it. :bigcry:
Someone will have to fill me in about Tropicmamma. I need a laugh and something tells me this would work.

Oh yeah, it's nice to be likeable. :cheerl:

She was on the boards a few years ago, 04/05 or so. I think she had a son playing back then. I never personally met her, but I knew who she was if I saw her (my brother pointed her out to me once). She was/is a huge Texan fan, and during the tense Wimberley/Liberty Hill rivalries, she got twisted with LHPM and a few other LH posters. So did I, but have since come to actually like LHPM and the LH folks (most of them anyways!).

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
She was on the boards a few years ago, 04/05 or so. I think she had a son playing back then. I never personally met her, but I knew who she was if I saw her (my brother pointed her out to me once). She was/is a huge Texan fan, and during the tense Wimberley/Liberty Hill rivalries, she got twisted with LHPM and a few other LH posters. So did I, but have since come to actually like LHPM and the LH folks (most of them anyways!).

Wonder what happened to her? Did she just mysteriously disappear. :evilgrin: Should I be concerned about LHPM. :helpme: I guess if you have grown to like her it should be okay, right? :confused: LOL

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Wonder what happened to her? Did she just mysteriously disappear. :evilgrin: Should I be concerned about LHPM. :helpme: I guess if you have grown to like her it should be okay, right? :confused: LOL

yes...it should be ok...but no promises!!!

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Was just thinking about the Sweeny game. It was mentioned about how many wide-bodies they had. Did anyone notice the quantity of players they had on the field. I swear they out-numbered us 3-1. I know the Texans are small in numbers but geez. Not to sound ignorant but is there a rule that limits the amount of players allowed to suit up for a game? Maybe it was just the appearance of more players because so many were double-wides. LOL

SHSBulldog00
11-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Some of our players didn't go to the playoffs. They opted to start basketball early. I think we had roughly 65 at the game.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ogg
I will say what we all know, Sweeny has THE most elusive qb I've seen. More so than Brock Fitzhenry. I guessing Lemon accounts for over 75% of the offense in different forms. I thought Lemon had kind of a crappy night rushing. :thinking: LOL

If you think Lemon is elusive, you don't want to see West Columbia's QB Daymond Lewis. He had 242 rushing yards and 4 TD's last night. :eek:

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I thought Lemon had kind of a crappy night rushing. :thinking: LOL

If you think Lemon is elusive, you don't want to see West Columbia's QB Daymond Lewis. He had 242 rushing yards and 4 TD's last night. :eek:

I think when we were talking about the elusiveness as it pertained to the many times we had him primed for a sack/loss and he managed to gain positive yardage out of nothing. He had that one long run where he almost scored, but that was about it. Think he had about 100 yds total for the night.

Fortunately, we won't have to see Daymond Lewis this year.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I think Sweeny had twice the number suited up.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
She was never on here. I'm not real sure what happened to her. :devil: ;)

2-ONES
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I thought Lemon had kind of a crappy night rushing. :thinking: LOL

But he was not playing against Wimberley. How many yards and touchdowns did he have against Sweeny?

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 2-ONES
But he was not playing against Wimberley. How many yards and touchdowns did he have against Sweeny?

About 50 yds and 1 TD. That game looked like a defensive struggle.

WC looks to be very heavy on the run.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 08:24 PM
She was never on here. I'm not real sure what happened to her. :devil: ;)

She wasnt? I guess you're right...I guess it was that TexPrep site, eh? Honestly, I dont recall seeing her around town in a long time...maybe years.

wimbo_pro
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
nm

Tejastrue
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I nominated Blakemore for POTW for his efforts against Sweeny. Just felt he came up huge for us in this game. Maybe some of you guys can follow up and confirm my numbers. Thanks.