PDA

View Full Version : attention wo-s fans....

trojandad
11-21-2010, 12:23 AM
you KNOW you guys have to come watch us friday against kirbyville, right?:D :D :D

MrLucky11
11-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Should be a great atmosphere TrojanDad! I'm going to make a bold prediction... Kirbyville will win again by at least one point!!!

WOS87
11-21-2010, 12:41 AM
I would have to sit midfield... couldn't pick which side to sit on! ;)

I refuse to make a prediction on this one, other than I think it will be closer than the first game.

'Necks 2013-14
11-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by MrLucky11
Should be a great atmosphere TrojanDad! I'm going to make a bold prediction... Kirbyville will win again by at least one point!!! Well now it wouldn't be a win if it wasn't by "at least one point" now would it?:rolleyes:

trojandad
11-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I would have to sit midfield... couldn't pick which side to sit on! ;)

I refuse to make a prediction on this one, other than I think it will be closer than the first game.

thats alright, i understand....the last two 3a schools to beat you guys to beat you guys is part of a short list....they might kick you off the 50 yd line tho....

if you get caught in traffic again, we wouldn't have to worry about which side you sit on until halftime.....lol

i'd LOVE to pick us in a runaway, but the problem is in as much as k'ville didn't see who we are now, we're gonna be seeing a different wildcat team as well.....a season does a lot of changing...i do think that the trojans know enough now to isolate on the 1 k'ville receiver having the good year so as to make someone else beat us...i believe their running game is gonna be more seasoned than the first game when we held them down....

looking to me like its gonna be another even game in the stats with the winner having the fewest turnovers as in the first game...if we come out with 5 offsides penalties the first drive as against columbus, it'll be a long night...

all season it seems the other regions have just kinda scoffed at k'ville on here about being a real power to contend with, and not believing in us even more, but if i was a coach elsewhere i'd be sending my best scouts to this one cause whoever wins this one is gonna have some serious momentum....gotta take us by 7....

trojandad
11-21-2010, 09:06 AM
and just for grins, massey has k'villebeating us 35 - 21....:eek:

Lefty
11-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by trojandad

That's a stretch for sure. Should be closer.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
That's a stretch for sure. Should be closer.

idk.. honestly i dont think it will. but were five days out so we will all get to see how improved coldspring really is. and most of wos will be on kirbyville's side :D :D

BRfalconfan
11-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Dont feel bad i think thats what they had WOS to beat us by. i would love to play coldsprings saying we beat Athens first.

trojandad
11-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
idk.. honestly i dont think it will. but were five days out so we will all get to see how improved coldspring really is. and most of wos will be on kirbyville's side :D :D

you really think most wo-s fans would be rootin for k'ville? i know they have a longer history playing you guys but they've had to face us three years in a row in the playoffs....just hadn't thought they would have more of a leaning your way.....maybe so.....

trojandad
11-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Dont feel bad i think thats what they had WOS to beat us by. i would love to play coldsprings saying we beat Athens first.

i have to admit, i've been one who has undersold royal this year....would be a treat to get to see this rb you have....good luck......

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM

we were in their district (couple years back), the connection between these programs this year in particular is on a whole other level.
you don't see s e t x s p o r t s.com do u?

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM

i bet yall would prefer coldsprings ;) ;)

understandable.. so many of the kville kids have TWO state title runs under their belt in these past two years. history from long ago means nothing but experience like that from those key players.. means more than can be explained. they will step it up this week for sure.

trojandad
11-21-2010, 04:52 PM
a few times i have.....you may be right.....oh, well, if i'm sitting by myself i'll enjoy it......wishin you guys a safe game.........

BRfalconfan
11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
i bet yall would prefer coldsprings ;) ;)

understandable.. so many of the kville kids have TWO state title runs under their belt in these past two years. history from long ago means nothing but experience like that from those key players.. means more than can be explained. they will step it up this week for sure.

Lol I wouldn't mind kville either but I would like a chance at the team that beat lucky columbus

trojandad
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Lol I wouldn't mind kville either but I would like a chance at the team that beat lucky columbus

did you go to the columbus game, and if so, how did they beat you guys? were you missing players?

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM

and kville would like a shot at the team that prevented the kville/wos potential rematch..

wos did almost come back and win though. but honestly i think athens will win by two posessions or more. jmo

trojandad
11-21-2010, 05:06 PM
and kville would like a shot at the team that prevented the kville/wos potential rematch..

wos did almost come back and win though. but honestly i think athens will win by two posessions or more. jmo

you think athens is that good? didnt mexia beat them this year or am i thinkin wrong?

WOS87
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
you really think most wo-s fans would be rootin for k'ville? i know they have a longer history playing you guys but they've had to face us three years in a row in the playoffs....just hadn't thought they would have more of a leaning your way.....maybe so.....

Our history isn't THAT much longer with Kville. We're 3-1 against Kirbyville, playing for the first time in 2006 and 2-1 against Coldspring, playing for the first time in 2007. Being closer geographically to Kirbyville would be why a lot of WO-S fans will be on their side.

trojandad
11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Our history isn't THAT much longer with Kville. We're 3-1 against Kirbyville, playing for the first time in 2006 and 2-1 against Coldspring, playing for the first time in 2007. Being closer geographically to Kirbyville would be why a lot of WO-S fans will be on their side.

yea, makes sense....sure feel tied at the hip with you guys tho.....btw, i checked, we're 0-3 lifetime against k'ville.....one was the hurricane rita game.....that year no team in the district recorded pass/fail grades due to the time missed at schoolfor the hurricane, so what do the "powers that be" (don't close the thread, i didn't name names, lol) do? they decided we'd be the one "shining light"in the district even if nobody else did.....21 players sat at home.....we lost to k'ville 59-0 playing basically jv....was fun times around here until the new "powers that be"....

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
yea, makes sense....sure feel tied at the hip with you guys tho.....btw, i checked, we're 0-3 lifetime against k'ville.....one was the hurricane rita game.....that year no team in the district recorded pass/fail grades due to the time missed at schoolfor the hurricane, so what do the "powers that be" (don't close the thread, i didn't name names, lol) do? they decided we'd be the one "shining light"in the district even if nobody else did.....21 players sat at home.....we lost to k'ville 59-0 playing basically jv....was fun times around here until the new "powers that be"....

already this year was 20-6
11/17/06 kville wins 27-12 first round playoff game
11/15/05 kville wins 59-0
10/08/04 kville wins 35-6
again, those wins dont mean a thing come friday.. but..
kirbyville did win all of the last four meetings by a combined score of 141-24

really glad to see coach barbay have sucess in that program ..

and ur saying 21 players didnt play? ha.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 05:48 PM

we wont talk about that 2 pt conversion last year ;) ;)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
you think athens is that good? didnt mexia beat them this year or am i thinkin wrong?

thinking wrong. they didnt play mexia ..
they lost their first game to a private school and then the last game in the reg season to tyler chapel hill ?(**by just three points**).. who a lot of people, including me, think is going to win state in div 1

trojandad
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
already this year was 20-6
11/17/06 kville wins 27-12 first round playoff game
11/15/05 kville wins 59-0
10/08/04 kville wins 35-6
again, those wins dont mean a thing come friday.. but..
kirbyville did win all of the last four meetings by a combined score of 141-24

really glad to see coach barbay have sucess in that program ..

and ur saying 21 players didnt play? ha.

yea, it was a huge mess here, all kinds of squabbles schoolwise....we went 1-9 two years in a row including that one.....we're so tickled with barbay, he was able to do something his daddy, God rest his soul, didn't which was beat wo-s......

yea, i meant 0-3 before this year, my bad.....i'm betting this is gonna be the best game of the year for both teams.....sorta like last years game with wo-s, that one was so good it really didnt matter who won, it was good just to be there.....

WOS87
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
we wont talk about that 2 pt conversion last year ;) ;)

A win's a win! :D :cool:

(and I believe we've outscored kville a combined 112-71 in our four meetings so all-time points scored means zip)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 06:41 PM
A win's a win! :D :cool:

(and I believe we've outscored kville a combined 112-71 in our four meetings so all-time points scored means zip)

past scores never mean anything unless its the same kids out there really.

and that OT win last year "for wo-s" .. well, anyone that was there knows that kid got in .. alllllll of wo-s' fans were silent. all of kirbyville was going crazy in the stands.. the side judge didnt even call it. i believe it was the back judge who eventually made the call after however long but it doesnt even matter any more. kirbyville still advanced to a state title game that year.

WOS87
11-21-2010, 07:35 PM
*shrug* Like I said, we OFFICIALLY won... that's in the past so no point dwelling on it. I can give you multiple examples of equally bad calls against WO-S. Good luck against Coldspring. Would be happy to see either of you go up against Brownwood.

past scores never mean anything unless its the same kids out there really.

and that OT win last year "for wo-s" .. well, anyone that was there knows that kid got in .. alllllll of wo-s' fans were silent. all of kirbyville was going crazy in the stands.. the side judge didnt even call it. i believe it was the back judge who eventually made the call after however long but it doesnt even matter any more. kirbyville still advanced to a state title game that year.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-21-2010, 07:42 PM
*shrug* Like I said, we OFFICIALLY won... that's in the past so no point dwelling on it. I can give you multiple examples of equally bad calls against WO-S. Good luck against Coldspring. Would be happy to see either of you go up against Brownwood.

completely agree. was still a GREAT game to of watched going into overtime and all. It was not a district game and had no impact on the season.

maybe its a biased opinion but i'd much rather see the wildcats go to state for the third year in row. i wanna go jerry world :clap: :clap: :clap:

BRfalconfan
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
did you go to the columbus game, and if so, how did they beat you guys? were you missing players?

Starting left tackle an a wr but honestly everything that could go wrong went wrong for us and everything went right for them brandon fumbled on the sideline when he could have scored when the ball hit the ground it made zero movement I never been more angry in my life lol. But what's done is done and we are onto a new team

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 11:23 AM
how bad did columbus beat BR ? Columbus looked like GARBAGE against Coldspring....

trojandad
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
how bad did columbus beat BR ? Columbus looked like GARBAGE against Coldspring....

they won against royal 29-20....and garbage is a tough word...we actually trailed and could have been behind 6 - 0 early but for a missd field goal....barbay left the starters in to the fourth quarter, the first time against anyone this year except you guys and huffman (and you guys didnt see sherman and cummings was a backup with 5 carries)....they had some tough breaks in the game and if we had fumbled in our own end of the field twice like against you guys or things could have been tougher, for sure....

gotta lighten up, talk up individuals or posters out here, don't hammer players that are doing their job by not being disrespectful back to you...if kirbyville loses to us 53-3 on friday, they won't look like garbage, they'll be playing hard....so were the cardinals.......

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 11:44 AM
they won against royal 29-20....and garbage is a tough word...we actually trailed and could have been behind 6 - 0 early but for a missd field goal....barbay left the starters in to the fourth quarter, the first time against anyone this year except you guys and huffman (and you guys didnt see sherman and cummings was a backup with 5 carries)....they had some tough breaks in the game and if we had fumbled in our own end of the field twice like against you guys or things could have been tougher, for sure....

gotta lighten up, talk up individuals or posters out here, don't hammer players that are doing their job by not being disrespectful back to you...if kirbyville loses to us 53-3 on friday, they won't look like garbage, they'll be playing hard....so were the cardinals.......

if kirbyville were to lose 53-3 to coldspring.. well.. i would be honest about how the team looked that week. good thing its not something to put too much thought into though ;) ;)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
if kirbyville were to lose 53-3 to coldspring.. well.. i would be honest about how the team looked that week. good thing its not something to put too much thought into though ;) ;)

and yall had just a one point victory over crockett. guess they didnt see the starters in the fourth either?

trojandad
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
and yall had just a one point victory over crockett. guess they didnt see the starters in the fourth either?

saw cummings, not gilbert....they went further in that game too, tho, your right...

trojandad
11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
you know,your right, that crockett game was our worst defensive showing of the year, we played much better defense against you guys....that was one of those games, sort of like what navasota just had with huffman, the snakes just had a hard time stopping them....we probably didn't deserve that win.....

kinda like you guys against wo-s, facing them with reggie would have been a whole different kettle of fish.....may have ended the same but i don't think the gap would have been that big, for sure.....

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
you know,your right, that crockett game was our worst defensive showing of the year, we played much better defense against you guys....that was one of those games, sort of like what navasota just had with huffman, the snakes just had a hard time stopping them....we probably didn't deserve that win.....

kinda like you guys against wo-s, facing them with reggie would have been a whole different kettle of fish.....may have ended the same but i don't think the gap would have been that big, for sure.....

that was a very emotional game for both teams.. you still see a LARGE amount of kirbyville fans with kirbyville shirts that say garrett and a #12 on the backs...

that "gap" could easily of been 7 more in that game but just as last year, that game doesnt matter, at this point in the season any outcome in any other game teams have played dont matter anymore. all about THIS week. not last, not five weeks ago, not twelve weeks ago, and surely not about next week.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 04:35 PM
that first game of the season means nothing.. neither team is anywhere near the teams they were in week one. even if kirbyville had won 45-0, it wouldnt mean anything come friday night.

trojandad
11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
that first game of the season means nothing.. neither team is anywhere near the teams they were in week one. even if kirbyville had won 45-0, it wouldnt mean anything come friday night.

couldnt agree more.....and know this, should you guys win, nobody will be behind you guys harder than us.....and we'll sure take the same, without a doubt.....

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
couldnt agree more.....and know this, should you guys win, nobody will be behind you guys harder than us.....and we'll sure take the same, without a doubt.....

ive always been behind the teams that beat us. who wants to lose to someone that wasnt the best?

anyways, coldspring has always been a very physical team with good athletes. much like kirbyville. this will be who fights harder.

Kickin It
11-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Starting left tackle an a wr but honestly everything that could go wrong went wrong for us and everything went right for them brandon fumbled on the sideline when he could have scored when the ball hit the ground it made zero movement I never been more angry in my life lol. But what's done is done and we are onto a new team

He failed to mention #2 for Columbus making 2 or 3 tackles in a row on Williams on the last drive for Brookshire, not to mention about 4-5 other open field tackles on him. Columbus also fumbled with about 2 min left which even gave them a chance for a last drive. Royal rebounded well and is playing good football right now and the Williams kid is the real deal. You guys have to realize that this guy and other people are upset that Columbus had success this year and all they call it is luck. Whats really bad is that people from Columbus are pulling for Royal to keep representing our district and you have to see this person constantly finding ways to take cheap shots at them. Would like to see Royal keep rolling on and get the chance to meet up with Coldspring if possible, not a knock on Kirbyville or Athens, don't know anything about them. Do know that Columbus lost to a very good Coldspring team that looked very tough both offensively and defensively

Kickin It
11-22-2010, 09:30 PM

I will say this trojandad, you guys have a well coached hard nosed football team. I felt like the cardinals played better than the score represented and yes they did have some tough breaks, but no excuses here. Will be following yall for the remainder of the playoffs so keep the posts coming and good luck this week against kirbyville.

trojandad
11-22-2010, 09:42 PM
hey, listen, you guys can ask wos87, i was texting him while he was cussing traffic (he was late to his game), i told him i was afraid columbus was just an adjustment or two from giving us a game in the second half.....it was obvious the guys were believing they could turn it around....i would have tried a couple of plays more in the second half that they seemed to go away from that worked in the first half....

thats only the second time we've beaten you guys....the game you guys beat us in 93 was a war on the field.....the guys were so blasted after the game that more than half the guys shook hands with their helmets off, it was a tough tough ball game....

i know how the score appears to someone on the outside but it wasn't that kind of effort....and we'll take all the support we can get against k'ville, they are gonna be a handful.....

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
hey, listen, you guys can ask wos87, i was texting him while he was cussing traffic (he was late to his game), i told him i was afraid columbus was just an adjustment or two from giving us a game in the second half.....it was obvious the guys were believing they could turn it around....i would have tried a couple of plays more in the second half that they seemed to go away from that worked in the first half....

thats only the second time we've beaten you guys....the game you guys beat us in 93 was a war on the field.....the guys were so blasted after the game that more than half the guys shook hands with their helmets off, it was a tough tough ball game....

i know how the score appears to someone on the outside but it wasn't that kind of effort....and we'll take all the support we can get against k'ville, they are gonna be a handful.....

what do you predict the score to be trojandad?

trojandad
11-22-2010, 10:36 PM
what do you predict the score to be trojandad?

i usually dont predict scores, just point spreads, but you guys scored three tds against us last time and given the year, i'd expect it'd be tough to hold you to less than that, even on a good night....

we scored once on you guys, and i'm sure your defense has improved, but the yardage we put up that night was half of the rest of the year, and we're obviously as different an offense as your defense probably is.....i don't think 3 scores is out of the question with us as well....

which bring us to conversions....i don't know if you guys go for 2 as much as we do by choice or, like us, if you don't have a kicking game.....either way, i think the game will be determined by success on conversions....therefore, with 3 scores for each, i think the game will be something like 24-20....hopefully our favor....:nerd:

what do you think? (and don't hit me with a million to nothin....lol)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 11:51 PM
i usually dont predict scores, just point spreads, but you guys scored three tds against us last time and given the year, i'd expect it'd be tough to hold you to less than that, even on a good night....

we scored once on you guys, and i'm sure your defense has improved, but the yardage we put up that night was half of the rest of the year, and we're obviously as different an offense as your defense probably is.....i don't think 3 scores is out of the question with us as well....

which bring us to conversions....i don't know if you guys go for 2 as much as we do by choice or, like us, if you don't have a kicking game.....either way, i think the game will be determined by success on conversions....therefore, with 3 scores for each, i think the game will be something like 24-20....hopefully our favor....:nerd:

what do you think? (and don't hit me with a million to nothin....lol)

cant deny the success of coldspring. yet honestly, against good teams, (all year) they do give up points. . . coldspring wont be denied some scores either. nothing against coldspring but my prediction would be like 37-24.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
cant deny the success of coldspring. yet honestly, against good teams, (all year) they do give up points. . . coldspring wont be denied some scores either. nothing against coldspring but my prediction would be like 37-24.

kville ;) ;)

and if im wrong, believe i will be on here congratulating coldspring by the time the final second is off the clock

trojandad
11-22-2010, 11:59 PM
kville ;) ;)

and if im wrong, believe i will be on here congratulating coldspring by the time the final second is off the clock

me too, buddy....

the big reason i dont think k'ville will put 5 scores on us, besides our defensive play, is that both teams like to run so much....long drives take time off the clock, making it tough to come up with that many scores for either side unless they score every drive and that's not likely.....

i dont know about you guys but i'm hearing from friends in other parts of the state thinking about making some pretty tough drives to come watch this....i'm thinkin people are wonderin whats happenin in east texas.....

KVILLE_GRAD
11-23-2010, 12:20 AM
me too, buddy....

the big reason i dont think k'ville will put 5 scores on us, besides our defensive play, is that both teams like to run so much....long drives take time off the clock, making it tough to come up with that many scores for either side unless they score every drive and that's not likely.....

i dont know about you guys but i'm hearing from friends in other parts of the state thinking about making some pretty tough drives to come watch this....i'm thinkin people are wonderin whats happenin in east texas.....

kirbyville makes big plays.. big runs, the long ball in the pass, and if you dont know Jack Alvarez you dont know someone that will gamble and throw in some trick plays. Coach Alvarez has turned over the program in kirbyville in his tenure there in a remarkable way. i dont think five scores is out of reach by any means. two in the first half and three in the second?? kirbyville is a VERY strong second half team.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-23-2010, 12:25 AM
kirbyville is over 6000 yards of total offense. averages 9 yards/rush and 22 yards/pass.

WOS87
11-23-2010, 12:27 AM
I thought this thread was about WO-S from the title ;) ;)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-23-2010, 12:29 AM
I thought this thread was about WO-S from the title ;) ;)

about wos coming to this game being discussed i think ;) ;)

you coming wos87?

WOS87
11-23-2010, 12:30 AM
about wos coming to this game being discussed i think ;) ;)

you coming wos87?

I just might! :)

trojandad
11-23-2010, 12:49 AM
kirbyville makes big plays.. big runs, the long ball in the pass, and if you dont know Jack Alvarez you dont know someone that will gamble and throw in some trick plays. Coach Alvarez has turned over the program in kirbyville in his tenure there in a remarkable way. i dont think five scores is out of reach by any means. two in the first half and three in the second?? kirbyville is a VERY strong second half team.

well 10 scores are possible, i just was predicting....either team can real off long plays, they have all year, i was just saying if your side is running the ball and the clock, we can't score more, and vice versa.....i just think it'll be in the 20's.....

and i think k'ville just went with this thread for the game, three different "k'ville vs coldsprgs" threads started on none seemed to take.....lol

KVILLE_GRAD
11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
i think that coldspring will be in the 20's:p :p

k'ville in the 30's though. we will see!!

BRfalconfan
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
i think that coldspring will be in the 20's:p :p

k'ville in the 30's though. we will see!!

Lol

AACL
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Dont know much about either team but have heard that coldspring has speed at every position. It says a lot when someone hangs 53 on a columbus team that held brookshires rb to under 100 yards and held the team to 20 points. Dont know anything about k'ville but they better bring their "A" game to this one and be ready for a fight.

From reading the posts on this thread it seems as if k'ville ppl are still on their high horse from past years. Could be time to come down from there. trojandad, you are first class. k'ville posters act like they will run all over anybody. You tell it like it is with an unbiased perspective. With all that being said i will go with coldspring 30-28

trojandad
11-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by AACL
Dont know much about either team but have heard that coldspring has speed at every position. It says a lot when someone hangs 53 on a columbus team that held brookshires rb to under 100 yards and held the team to 20 points. Dont know anything about k'ville but they better bring their "A" game to this one and be ready for a fight.

From reading the posts on this thread it seems as if k'ville ppl are still on their high horse from past years. Could be time to come down from there. trojandad, you are first class. k'ville posters act like they will run all over anybody. You tell it like it is with an unbiased perspective. With all that being said i will go with coldspring 30-28

thanks buddy....i reserve my enthusiasm because i've eaten enough crow over the years...lol....i honestly believe that columbus was the equivalent for us that lorena was last year, a team that we were gonna look past in order to get to play k'ville then wo-s.....we looked past lorena to the next game with carthage last year and it cost us....i think we had the team to play with carthage last year, having beaten wo-s earlier, we just didn't mind our p's and q's.....

i'm SO relieved to be past columbus and honestly, i don't think we could play them 10 more time and hang 50 on them.....but i can tell you the underdog position with k'ville is just fine with me....lots are hanging the "brownwood" monichor on k'ville and that makes the game even sweeter....i'd hate to know i had to get a team up for a game that all the players knew they were gonna win....

trojandad
11-24-2010, 11:42 PM
still recruiting wo-s fans for friday's game....5 miles for y'all, 100 miles for me....LOL....