PDA

View Full Version : Texas A & M

ApacheNation
11-20-2010, 11:28 PM
If the Aggies beat Texas and the Sooners defeat the Cowboys we have a three way tie for the South. What determines who goes to the title game?

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2010, 11:29 PM
It used to be BCS ranking not sure now, they changed it

DU_stud04
11-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ApacheNation
If the Aggies beat Texas and the Sooners defeat the Cowboys we have a three way tie for the South. What determines who goes to the title game? bcs standings i believe

eagles_victory
11-20-2010, 11:45 PM
They are saying OSU OU winner goes regardless not sure why

shamu85
11-20-2010, 11:47 PM
It is still BCS standings that determine who goes to the Big XII championship.

navscanmaster
11-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They are saying OSU OU winner goes regardless not sure why
Aggies are not out of it yet. An A&M win and an OU win sets up a three way tie for first in the south. The Aggies would have to have the highest ranking to advance out of the south outright. If they get within one spot behind OU, then it is up to something else. Let me find the thread about it and I will get back.

NastySlot
11-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It used to be BCS ranking not sure now, they changed it

my understanding it is still the highest bcs ranked team.

wildstangs
11-21-2010, 09:29 AM
OU only has two losses right? Mizzou and Aggy? Seems like the two loss teams are always ranked ahead of the three loss teams regardless of who the losses came to.

Sooners win over OSU would look much better than an Aggy win over Texas.

eagles_victory
11-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Aggies are not out of it yet. An A&M win and an OU win sets up a three way tie for first in the south. The Aggies would have to have the highest ranking to advance out of the south outright. If they get within one spot behind OU, then it is up to something else. Let me find the thread about it and I will get back. I know that but Im just telling you what is all over ESPN that it is winner take all for OSU and OU.

GreenMachine
11-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I know that but Im just telling you what is all over ESPN that it is winner take all for OSU and OU. Heard the same thing on ESPN. Winner of OU vs. OSU goes to title game.

DDBooger
11-21-2010, 01:12 PM
I will be there...1st experience with Bedlam. My neighbors said it gets CRAZY!!! looking forward to it.

Emerson1
11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
A&M is still going to be ranked below Nebraska in the BCS. A&M 18 in the coaches poll, Nebraska 15. A&M lower in the sagarin then Nebraska too.

NastySlot
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
OU only has two losses right? Mizzou and Aggy? Seems like the two loss teams are always ranked ahead of the three loss teams regardless of who the losses came to.

Sooners win over OSU would look much better than an Aggy win over Texas.

right two loss teams should trump three loss...........with an ou win over osu...all three would have two conferences losses............aggies won't jump ou/osu winner in the final bcs standings...........................this why the winner of the bedlam game goes to the conference title game.

BEAST
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Do you think aTm will be ranked below NU even after beating them?

BEAST

Emerson1
11-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Do you think aTm will be ranked below NU even after beating them?

BEAST

Originally posted by Emerson1
A&M is still going to be ranked below Nebraska in the BCS. A&M 18 in the coaches poll, Nebraska 15. A&M lower in the sagarin then Nebraska too.
They aren't going to be ranked higher based on how things are looking now.