PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations White Oak

lulu
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
White Oak Lady Necks Win State Volleyball Title.
I know it's not 3A but they are our Arch rival and we have been cheering them all the way. Our schools are about 4 miles apart and they dropped to 2A in the alignment a couple of years ago.

Green Bling
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I saw that game and White Oak beat a very good reigning state champion team in the Poth Pirettes! The Poth girls travel tonight to the area football game with Boling. A full day for the girls and their fans!
Also Congrats to Round Top - Carmine, Mr. Bling's alma mater, on their 1A State Championship! They defeated Wink with only one starting senior and the remaining team members being freshmen and sophomores! The 1A State Tourney MVP was their freshman outside hitter. Watch out for RTC for the next few years!

waterboy
11-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Isn't Poth the same team that beat White Oak in the state tournament last year? They avenged that loss and won a state title. Congratulations to the White Oak Lady Roughnecks!

'Necks 2013-14
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Isn't Poth the same team that beat White Oak in the state tournament last year? They avenged that loss and won a state title. Congratulations to the White Oak Lady Roughnecks! +1. Kudos to ANY team tough enough to be called Roughnecks or Lady 'Necks!!!:clap: :clap: BTW--watch out for the Columbia Lady 'Necks basketball team this season. I think they may just do very well.:cool:

wimbo_pro
11-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I saw that game and White Oak beat a very good reigning state champion team in the Poth Pirettes! The Poth girls travel tonight to the area football game with Boling. A full day for the girls and their fans!
Also Congrats to Round Top - Carmine, Mr. Bling's alma mater, on their 1A State Championship! They defeated Wink with only one starting senior and the remaining team members being freshmen and sophomores! The 1A State Tourney MVP was their freshman outside hitter. Watch out for RTC for the next few years!

I saw the White Oak/Poth game on Saturday as well...it was just before our game against Love Joy, and it was running late. A great gameby White Oak! Definitely a solid win.

buckeyebob
11-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Congratulations to the White Oak Lady Roughnecks!

------------------Ditto!!------------------

K-MAC Chuck
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
AUSTIN, TX— The 2010 UIL Volleyball State All-Tournament Teams, as selected by the Texas Girls Coaches Association Volleyball Committee follow.

Conference 1A (state champ: Round Top-Carmine, alma mater of LHHS volleyball coach Gretchen Peterson)
Brook Conley Fr. Round Top-Carmine
*Megan Hohlt Fr. Round Top-Carmine
Shawnta Knox So. Cayuga
Madison McGuire So. Wink
Emily Noak So. Round Top-Carmine
Lyndi Shackelford Sr. Wink

Conference 2A (state champ: White Oak)
Avery Acker Jr. Poth
*Abbey Bybel Jr. White Oak
Tara Dunn Sr. Poth
Lauren Fowler Sr. Bushland
Tara Wait Sr. White Oak
Morgan Wilson Sr. White Oak

Conference 3A (state champ: Lucas Lovejoy)
Laura Blab Sr. Wimberley
Natalie Davis Sr. Abilene Wylie
Andie Malloy Jr. Lucas Lovejoy
Shauna Miller Sr. Wimberley
*Ebony Nwanebu So. Lucas Lovejoy
Natalie Puckett Sr. Lucas Lovejoy

Conference 4A (state champ: Austin Lake Travis)
Scout Brooks Sr. Brenham
Mackenzie Mayo Jr. Austin Lake Travis
*Amy Neal Jr. Austin Lake Travis
Katie O’Brien Sr. Richardson Pearce
Sierra Patrick Jr. Austin Lake Travis
Caroline Weir Sr. Richardson Pearce

Conference 5A (state champ: Lewisville Hebron)
*Tiffany Baker Sr. Lewisville Hebron
Rachel Buckley Sr. Lewisville Hebron
Stacey Difrancesco Sr. Conroe The Woodlands
Katie Messing Sr. Conroe The Woodlands
Brittany Sample Jr. Lewisville Hebron
Dempsey Thornton Sr. Corpus Christi King

*Denotes championship game MVP