PDA

View Full Version : Henderson v. Lovejoy

12thMan
11-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Henderson looks real good right now. I haven't seen Lovejoy. What do you think?

Charlie47
11-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I haven't seen Henderson yet. I have seen a lot of Lovejoy.
They shutout #2 Celina last night, that's not easy for an undefeated team scoring and average of 48pts/game and over 500yds/game.
I'll stick with what I know, I'm taking Lovejoy, no predictions for score.;)

91 lion
11-20-2010, 04:23 PM
This is going to be a real classic.....both teams are Salty Dogs!

Kudos to whoever comes out on top in this one.

12thMan
11-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Henderson is battle tested; playing in most likely the toughest district in the state. They know how to score and they have no quit in them. Henderson might have too much speed for Lovejoy. This will be a dandy for sure.

Where is Lovejoy located and who's the home team?

lulu
11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I'll be rooting for our district representative. They are a second half team though. Don't know what the Coach says to them at half time but they come out sluggin.
They never say die. Go Lions 16 3A wants another champion.

Charlie47
11-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Henderson is battle tested; playing in most likely the toughest district in the state. They know how to score and they have no quit in them. Henderson might have too much speed for Lovejoy. This will be a dandy for sure.

Where is Lovejoy located and who's the home team?

It's obvious you haven't seen Lovejoy, we have plenty of speed. We certainly don't give up. Lovejoy is east of US 75, between Allen and McKinney, in the small town of Lucas. We are on the NE corner of the MetroPlex.;)

ssgmp5150
11-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Henderson is definately battle tested coming from a beast of a district! However, Lovejoy has played a few pretty good teams in the pre-season. I think one of the strongest points for Lovejoy is their overall team speed. Again, if it comes down to a kicking game, Lovejoy wins as their kicker is money all night long! I think Lovejoy lives up to their pre-season # 1 ranking and wins this one on their way to a state title this year. Either way, it should be another awesome game to watch. Does anyone know where they are playing at Friday night?

Emerson1
11-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I should be there.

MesquiteFan
11-20-2010, 05:50 PM
They are playing at Hanby Stadium in Mesquite

MesquiteFan
11-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Did anybody see the Lindale/Henderson game? How was Lindale able to get up 28-13 and then how was Henderson able to come back?

12thMan
11-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Did anybody see the Lindale/Henderson game? How was Lindale able to get up 28-13 and then how was Henderson able to come back?

Henderson gave up some big plays on defense the whole 1st half. Second half for Lindale started out with 2 turnovers and Henderson turned both TO into TD. It was a tie ball game with about 6 min left in 3rd qtr. Henderson never looked backed after that.

Like someone said earlier, they made some good adjustments at half time and played some good defense.

Other than Celina, who has LL played this year?

12thMan
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
It's obvious you haven't seen Lovejoy, we have plenty of speed. We certainly don't give up. Lovejoy is east of US 75, between Allen and McKinney, in the small town of Lucas. We are on the NE corner of the MetroPlex.;)

Your right, I haven't seen LL. This will be a good game for sure. Lace up your track shoes, this will be a track meet.

MesquiteFan
11-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Henderson gave up some big plays on defense the whole 1st half. Second half for Lindale started out with 2 turnovers and Henderson turned both TO into TD. It was a tie ball game with about 6 min left in 3rd qtr. Henderson never looked backed after that.

Like someone said earlier, they made some good adjustments at half time and played some good defense.

Other than Celina, who has LL played this year?

Argyle, Abilene Wylie, and Prosper

waterboy
11-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't know how these two teams will match up, but I'm definitely rooting for the Henderson Lions. Got to stick with my "District of Doom" brethren for the win. Hopefully, 16-3A will get a third straight sweep in the playoffs. GO LIONS!!!

Tsip85
11-20-2010, 10:36 PM
This game may not be the track meet that you would think. Lovejoy's D has done a great job of containing the outside run and I think they have enough speed in the secondary to match up with Henderson's receivers. I think LL will put plenty of pressure on Henderson's qb and he will try to force throws that he shouldn't. Henderson may break a few big plays, but for the most part their offense will be innefictive. And Lovejoy should have less problems moving the ball this week. Henderson's d line doesnt appear to have the size of Celina's (although they are quick) and I think LL's O line is able to open up the running lanes and qb picks apart the secondary.

Ought to be a great game, and my "for sure" prediction...their will be quiet a bit more TOTAL points scored than 17!

12thMan
11-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Tsip85
This game may not be the track meet that you would think. Lovejoy's D has done a great job of containing the outside run and I think they have enough speed in the secondary to match up with Henderson's receivers. I think LL will put plenty of pressure on Henderson's qb and he will try to force throws that he shouldn't. Henderson may break a few big plays, but for the most part their offense will be innefictive. And Lovejoy should have less problems moving the ball this week. Henderson's d line doesnt appear to have the size of Celina's (although they are quick) and I think LL's O line is able to open up the running lanes and qb picks apart the secondary.

Ought to be a great game, and my "for sure" prediction...their will be quiet a bit more TOTAL points scored than 17!

Wow, for not seeing Henderson play, those are some bold statements. I hope for LL sake they come prepared to face a fast offense. Henderson's defense does bend at times, but they are good in the second half.

Lions know how good LL is, and they know they are coming into this game as the underdogs. That's what makes them so dangerous.

Charlie47
11-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow, for not seeing Henderson play, those are some bold statements. I hope for LL sake they come prepared to face a fast offense. Henderson's defense does bend at times, but they are good in the second half.

Lions know how good LL is, and they know they are coming into this game as the underdogs. That's what makes them so dangerous.

Us too!;)

Tin Cup
11-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I've got lovejoy winning my bracket but I gotta admit I like Henderson in this game. Sticking with my bracket...

Lovejoy 21
Henderson 20

Tsip85
11-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Who said I haven't seem them play?

I agree, Henderson's looks pretty fast. So does Lovejoy's defense. A. Macio Smith wasn't exactly slow, and Lovejoy completely shut them down as well. In fact, if you take out the 4th qtr of that game, when it appeared that the entire offensive and defensive squads on the field were JV players, teams have only scored 28 points on Lovejoy in the past 7 weeks.

MesquiteFan
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Henderson can't be any faster than Liberty-Eylau was last year, and Lovejoy beat them. Not sure where the underdog argument comes in either because IMO Lovejoy is the underdog after losing three players to suspension. No one, except for the players and the coaching staff and some of the fans, expected Lovejoy to still be here.

With all of that said, Lovejoy knows they have their hands full. I think unfamiliarity with Henderson will be an interesting factor, but again, Lovejoy knew little about LE last year. Should be a great game and I agree with Tsip, we will have a lot more total points in this one!

ssgmp5150
11-21-2010, 12:39 PM
:ditto:

Chillfan
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Henderson has been known this year to only play two quarters like the Lindale game. The play 4 quarters, Henderson wins.

If they they dont play 4 quarters, Lovejoy will take it.

Good Luck Henderson!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Winner of this game will have to score 35 IMO unless weather is an issue

and yes Henderson has speed

Charlie47
11-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I've got lovejoy winning my bracket but I gotta admit I like Henderson in this game. Sticking with my bracket...

Lovejoy 21
Henderson 20

Hey Tin Cup, You wouldn't stradle the fence now, would you?;)

NastySlot
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM

isn't very close to Wylie also?

Charlie47
11-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
isn't very close to Wylie also?

Yep! Right beside it.;)

12thMan
11-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Who said I haven't seem them play?

I agree, Henderson's looks pretty fast. So does Lovejoy's defense. A. Macio Smith wasn't exactly slow, and Lovejoy completely shut them down as well. In fact, if you take out the 4th qtr of that game, when it appeared that the entire offensive and defensive squads on the field were JV players, teams have only scored 28 points on Lovejoy in the past 7 weeks.

My bad, it was Charlie that said he hasn't seen Henderson play.

buckeyebob
11-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Henderson takes it by at least 1 TD...District of Doom rolls

3afan
11-22-2010, 07:29 AM
does Henderson traditionally have a good following?

Gsquared
11-22-2010, 07:59 AM

Ive seen Henderson and they have a real good D-Line.

oldtownag
11-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Henderson has a stud middle linebacker, Cord Fletcher. In the middle of the year they moved him to nose guard for some crazy reason. That experiment resulted in some close games and loses to Carthage and Gilmer. Since they moved him back to linebacker and the defense is much better.

Farmersfan
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I won't make a prediction on this game because I have not seen Henderson play! But i will comment on the constant assumption from the East Texas fans that SPEED is a East Texas only trait! When my Farmers went into the game against Tatum in 07', according to Tatum fans the Farmers didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of matching up with that Tatum speed! Last year Lovejoy was not going to be able to handle the speed from LE! And we all know the results of those games.

East Texas isn't the only place where teams have speed!

3afan
11-22-2010, 10:23 AM
yeah the East Texas speed thing has been over used over the years .....

hollywood
11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I won't make a prediction on this game because I have not seen Henderson play! But i will comment on the constant assumption from the East Texas fans that SPEED is a East Texas only trait! When my Farmers went into the game against Tatum in 07', according to Tatum fans the Farmers didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of matching up with that Tatum speed! Last year Lovejoy was not going to be able to handle the speed from LE! And we all know the results of those games.

East Texas isn't the only place where teams have speed!

:clap:

Speed alone doesn't win ball games. Execution does. Speed and execution is lethal. And there are some Reg. 1 teams that have both, trust me.;)

East Texas teams fans usually claim to non-East Texas teams fans that they haven't seen speed like their teams. Well, that's because that's usually all they have. I'll take a team with less speed that can execute better any day.

I say LL shows up again in a big way and wins another big one to advance to the semi's.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by hollywood

East Texas teams fans usually claim to non-East Texas teams fans that they haven't seen speed like their teams. Well, that's because that's usually all they have. I'll take a team with less speed that can execute better any day.

REALLY? Then explain how so many East Texas Teams win state if they cant execute?

waterboy
11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
People have always brought up "East Texas speed". I'm not one of them, unless there's a tremendous disparity in speed, especially in the skill positions. It all boils down to execution on offense, and solid assignment defense. With everything else being equal, the team with the most speed usually wins. EXECUTION is definitely more important, and there are a lot of East Texas teams that have both speed and execution. That's probably the biggest reason that speed is mentioned because it could definitely be the difference. The team that executes the best usually wins regardless of speed. Lovejoy is definitely one of those teams that relies on execution more than speed, but usually has enough speed to get the job done. I'm not sure who will win this game, BUT if Henderson executes the way they're capable they definitely have a shot at knocking Lovejoy out. It depends on whether the Lions can put together FOUR QUARTERS of football, which is what it will take against a very disciplined team like Lovejoy.

buckeyebob
11-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yeah the East Texas speed thing has been over used over the years .....

And who were the State Champs last year?

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2010, 10:53 AM

East Texas isn't the only place where

teams have speed!
Just a reminder about that game against Tatum, the coach kicked the starting line backer/back up tail back and the 6'5 300 lb defensive/offensive tackle both highly recruited. We lost that game in over time. With those two in the game we win three in a row.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Buckeybob all you need to do is list the following 03,04,05,07,08,09, they will get the point we make about East Texas speed. I am not sure who will win this game, but Henderson can and will run with LL. The Lion D can get to the football in hurry. LL beat a very good team while missing three starters.

3afan
11-22-2010, 11:09 AM

so? there were state champs from every area of the state, just like there are every year

LIONS
11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Are you claiming Celina for East Texas in 07?

3afan
11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
does Henderson traditionally have a good following?

eh? can we expect a big crowd Friday?

waterboy
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by LIONS
Are you claiming Celina for East Texas in 07?
Actually, I think he meant '06 instead of '07. Sorry. I do think that dispels the myth that "execution" is not a strong suit of East Texas teams, though.

Farmersfan
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Actually, I think he meant '06 instead of '07. Sorry. I do think that dispels the myth that "execution" is not a strong suit of East Texas teams, though.

I think the "MYTH" that execution is not a stong suit of East Texas Teams is in your mind waterboy! I have not heard a single person make this claim. I have however read numerous times in just this thread that Henderson had too much speed for LL! I have also read numberous times just this season that East Texas Teams have too much speed or the rest of the state isn't use to the "East Texas Speed"! My bringing this up doesn't imply they DON"T have speed but rather to imply that other teams also have speed!

Farmersfan
11-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Just a reminder about that game against Tatum, the coach kicked the starting line backer/back up tail back and the 6'5 300 lb defensive/offensive tackle both highly recruited. We lost that game in over time. With those two in the game we win three in a row.

Well it's been 3 years now and I have never heard a single mention of players getting suspended before this game. Even leading up to the game it was never mentioned on here or on Smoak.com. And believe me the Tatum fans would have spewed so much smack about it that everyone in the state would have known about it! In fact the ONLY player that I am aware of missing the SC game for either team was a starting lineman for the Farmers who was ruled inelgible after the second round because of grades! I have a roster and game film still. What were these players names?

waterboy
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the "MYTH" that execution is not a stong suit of East Texas Teams is in your mind waterboy! I have not heard a single person make this claim. I have however read numerous times in just this thread that Henderson had too much speed for LL! I have also read numberous times just this season that East Texas Teams have too much speed or the rest of the state isn't use to the "East Texas Speed"! My bringing this up doesn't imply they DON"T have speed but rather to imply that other teams also have speed!
Go back and read this thread. It WAS implied, but not overtly stated. I have read that implication elsewhere on this thread over the years, too. It doesn't matter. I'd rather have a team that executes flawlessly over a team with pure speed anyway. Now, if there is a team that has BOTH..............that's the team that will beat you when all else is equal. That's all I've said. Saying that I'm the one who has said that is a "MYTH", and that's all in your head.:D

garciap77
11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I haven't seen Henderson yet. I have seen a lot of Lovejoy.
They shutout #2 Celina last night, that's not easy for an undefeated team scoring and average of 48pts/game and over 500yds/game.
I'll stick with what I know, I'm taking Lovejoy, no predictions for score.;)

Lovejoy by 30+!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Farmersfan
11-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Saying that I'm the one who has said that is a "MYTH", and that's all in your head.:D

I'll have you know there is NOTHING in my head waterboy!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

waterboy
11-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I'll have you know there is NOTHING in my head waterboy!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D
:clap: :D

hollywood
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
REALLY? Then explain how so many East Texas Teams win state if they cant execute?

Really?

Did I say ALL East Texas teams? LOL Easy there big chief. ;) My point was in agreement with Farmerfan in that not just East Texas teams have speed. Some posters state "the speed from East Texas is coming". LOL Give me a break. And my comments about execution are that MOST East Texas teams don't have both. MOST have speed and lack execution. Those that do have both, are usually very successful.

3afan
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
who is HOME team ???

Matthew328
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Does anyone besides me think Lovejoy is due for a slight letdown? Good Lord they played with such fire and intensity last week that might be hard to duplicate....

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Does anyone besides me think Lovejoy is due for a slight letdown? Good Lord they played with such fire and intensity last week that might be hard to duplicate.... I thought that myself. Sanger kind of did that same thing after Argyle. Lovejoy was well coached and their game plan was excellent. There was a fire as you say to beat Celina. Hopefully they get that each week from this point on.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Difference IMO in LL and Sanger..this group of LL players have been this deep in the play offs before. The "fire and passion" was actually there in game 1 of the play offs, but their opponent was so bad it was over quickly.

I do think since the incident LL has kind of a chip on their shoulder

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Difference IMO in LL and Sanger..this group of LL players have been this deep in the play offs before. The "fire and passion" was actually there in game 1 of the play offs, but their opponent was so bad it was over quickly.

I do think since the incident LL has kind of a chip on their shoulder

Good points.

Lovejoy will be ready to play, that's for sure. Last year in the regional round, they beat LE in a classic OT heart wrencher and came back the next week and schooled Prosper. They may not win since Henderson is a very talented team, but it won't be because LL doesn't play with passion and heart.

Chillfan
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Henderson......

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Who did Henderson lose to this year?

lostaussie
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
How much did Argyle beat LL by?

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
How much did Argyle beat LL by?

Argyle beat them by 3 at home. Lovejoy had 5 starters out at the beginning and lost two more as the game progressed.

oldtownag
11-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Who did Henderson lose to this year?

Carthage and Gilmer.

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Carthage and Gilmer.

Seems like to me they are direct opposites of Celina, who cruised through their schedule. Henderson was really challenged all year.

oldtownag
11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I think Lovejoy needs to be concerned with the Henderson strength and conditioning more than speed.

You heard it here!

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
The Henderson kids can't be any bigger than the O and D lines that Lovejoy just saw. Those Celina kids are huge!

oldtownag
11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
The Henderson kids can't be any bigger than the O and D lines that Lovejoy just saw. Those Celina kids are huge!

I didn't say they were big (they are fairly big) just strong and well conditioned.

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I didn't say they were big (they are fairly big) just strong and well conditioned.

I'd say every team left is strong and well conditioned. Lovejoy is also well rested since many of the starters (except for the current starting QB) were sitting in the second half during the district schedule.

Bottom line, as cliche as it sounds, whichever team comes to play for 48 minutes will win this one

12thMan
11-23-2010, 11:21 AM

Speed alone doesn't win ball games. Execution does. Speed and execution is lethal. And there are some Reg. 1 teams that have both, trust me.;)

I say LL shows up again in a big way and wins another big one to advance to the semi's.

I am the one to thank about all this talk about Henderson's speed beating LL. But like someone said earlier, that is what usually makes the difference in a ball game. I just moved to Henderson in August from Cuero, so I am used to seeing a lot of speed.

Henderson can fly to the football and make plays. They may not be as big as Celina, but they are big and athletic. They do remind me a lot of Cuero when they are in the open field.

This will be one heck of a game. The team that wins is the team that can handle all the distractions that come with Thanksgiving break and stay focused on the game.

Charlie47
11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I am the one to thank about all this talk about Henderson's speed beating LL. But like someone said earlier, that is what usually makes the difference in a ball game. I just moved to Henderson in August from Cuero, so I am used to seeing a lot of speed.

Henderson can fly to the football and make plays. They may not be as big as Celina, but they are big and athletic. They do remind me a lot of Cuero when they are in the open field.

This will be one heck of a game. The team that wins is the team that can handle all the distractions that come with Thanksgiving break and stay focused on the game.

I just went back an looked at DC's listed times for these schools. If they are anyway close to correct, the teams that will have trouble with speed is Henderson. They are quite a bit slower than Lovejoy. So let's
just watch the game and see what happens. ;)

lulu
11-24-2010, 05:54 PM
This thread is very interesting for someone who's been off for a few days.
Just let me say;

EAST TEXAS ROCKS

lulu
11-24-2010, 05:59 PM
People have always brought up "East Texas speed". I'm not one of them, unless there's a tremendous disparity in speed, especially in the skill positions. It all boils down to execution on offense, and solid assignment defense. With everything else being equal, the team with the most speed usually wins. EXECUTION is definitely more important, and there are a lot of East Texas teams that have both speed and execution. That's probably the biggest reason that speed is mentioned because it could definitely be the difference. The team that executes the best usually wins regardless of speed. Lovejoy is definitely one of those teams that relies on execution more than speed, but usually has enough speed to get the job done. I'm not sure who will win this game, BUT if Henderson executes the way they're capable they definitely have a shot at knocking Lovejoy out. It depends on whether the Lions can put together FOUR QUARTERS of football, which is what it will take against a very disciplined team like Lovejoy. And you just hit the nail on the head. FOUR QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL. If they can play all four quarters like they do the last 2 every game.....no one will touch them Speed...no speed.....execution...no execution.

12thMan
11-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Anyone know what the weather is going to be like? I know it's going to be cold, is it supposed to rain?

garciap77
11-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Lovejoy!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Speed and execution is lethal.

Especially if you're on Death Row. :D

Henderson is capable of winning this game, but only if they play all four quarters, which they rarely do.

MesquiteFan
11-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Anyone know what the weather is going to be like? I know it's going to be cold, is it supposed to rain?

Right now, it's cold in Mesquite, but it's only sprinkling. Not sure what tomorrow holds.

cowboyandchrist
11-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Well it's been 3 years now and I have never heard a single mention of players getting suspended before this game. Even leading up to the game it was never mentioned on here or on Smoak.com. And believe me the Tatum fans would have spewed so much smack about it that everyone in the state would have known about it! In fact the ONLY player that I am aware of missing the SC game for either team was a starting lineman for the Farmers who was ruled inelgible after the second round because of grades! I have a roster and game film still. What were these players names?
You must not read Smoaky as much as you say you do. I have watched all but six Tatum ball games for the past 25 years. They were kicked off for failing drug test after the second playoff game. Your team won the game. We could not do what other teams do and that is win that game with out Big A (Authur Willams) and

waterboy
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Henderson 29
Lovejoy 7

Halftime

Keep it rolling, 16-3A.....The District of Doom!!

buckeyebob
11-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Speed....Execution...which was lacking?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry026.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Tsip85
11-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Speed....Execution...which was lacking?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry026.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Execution...from the Lovejoy O. Congrats to a very strong and very quick Henderson team. Good luck the rest of the way. I predict an all East TX final with Henderson playing Chap. Hill. I also saw that Carthadge rolled Madison.

Besides some apparant hesitent play from the Lovejoy QB, it appeared that the Lovejoy D made some great adjustments at halftime and nearly shut down Henderson's offense for the entire 2nd half. I guess the shock of a few big plays and a 29-7 halftime lead was just too much for the Leopards. Tough loss, but still a great season.

I'll be rooting for the "District of Doom" to finish the deal.

12thMan
11-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I just went back an looked at DC's listed times for these schools. If they are anyway close to correct, the teams that will have trouble with speed is Henderson. They are quite a bit slower than Lovejoy. So let's
just watch the game and see what happens. ;)

Lion's WR blew by LL DB's all first half. LL made some adjustments at half and got to the QB. Henderson's defense is what won the game though, only allowing a 95 yd touchdown and one good drive for scores. Lions flew to the ball all night and the defense played all 4 Qtr's.

I was impressed with LL defense second half. LL was pumped coming out from halftime. Great season LL.

lulu
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Execution...from the Lovejoy O. Congrats to a very strong and very quick Henderson team. Good luck the rest of the way. I predict an all East TX final with Henderson playing Chap. Hill. I also saw that Carthadge rolled Madison.

Besides some apparant hesitent play from the Lovejoy QB, it appeared that the Lovejoy D made some great adjustments at halftime and nearly shut down Henderson's offense for the entire 2nd half. I guess the shock of a few big plays and a 29-7 halftime lead was just too much for the Leopards. Tough loss, but still a great season.

I'll be rooting for the "District of Doom" to finish the deal.
Even though I am not from one of the
communities that are moving on i am still from the "district of doom" and as one I say thank you very much.
I think most of us from 16 3A are backing our fellow opponents. Who better to be beat by than a team that has advanced this far? Almost gives us bragging rights lol.;)

Your team had a great run and your volleyball team is awesome.

ssgmp5150
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Man....I have got to quit picking against all those east Texas teams. Geez....Congrats to Henderson. You guys must be pretty darn good to dismantle Lovejoy like that. Makes Celina look mediocre now. Congrats to Lovejoy on a great season.

bobcat1
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Man....I have got to quit picking against all those east Texas teams. Geez....Congrats to Henderson. You guys must be pretty darn good to dismantle Lovejoy like that. Makes Celina look mediocre now. Congrats to Lovejoy on a great season. I can see how you don't have an axe to grind with Celina. You are a complete joke dude.:rolleyes: