PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado Vs Cooper

atownindians
11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Okay lets start this, what is your thoughts? Alvarado Vs Cooper
Cooper coming off a 3 OT win and Alvarado rolling on Wylie.

Alvarado has some bad turn overs, game would have been blown wide open if they would have held on to the ball in the running game. Indians D is strong, young QB leads the O strong and can put some quick drives on the board in the air and on the ground.

Sounds like game is friday 7:30 in wichita falls.

upper20
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by atownindians
Okay lets start this, what is your thoughts? Alvarado Vs Cooper
Cooper coming off a 3 OT win and Alvarado rolling on Wylie.

Alvarado has some bad turn overs, game would have been blown wide open if they would have held on to the ball in the running game. .....

Alvarado "rolling" on Wylie? Game was tied at 21 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. Alvarado was up by 6 with ~5 minutes left in 4th - instead of facing 4th and 5, they benefited from a questionable pass interference call and then scored the next play on a trick play.

Regarding turnovers, shortly before half Wylie had a receiver 5 yards behind the defender - ball was underthrown and intercepted in the end zone (pretty bad turnover - would probably have been tied at half instead of down 7).

Alvarado was the better team last night, but not by a wide margin. That said, I expect that they will handle Cooper by 3 TDs or more. Was hoping the game would be in Abilene -- guess will have to go watch Brownwood.

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I watched Andrews vs Cooper last night..Cooper wont hang with Alvarado..Maybe the 1st qtr thats all..Andrews shouldve won but T.O,Penalties,and play calling was horrible..Cooper wont get lucky 2 weeks in a roll..Alvarado by 28

stang92
11-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Andrews completely blew it last night. Should have won by two touchdowns. Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Looking4number8
11-20-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna say Alvarado, just because that's what I picked on my bracket.

Pendragon13
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Where is this game being played? I'm going with Alvarado in this one as well...lots of overall team speed.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Beating Wylie is no big deal this year. They were no where near there usual strength. Any average team could have given them a good game. If Alvarado had any trouble with them at all I'd expect them to stop short of the Finals. Not haten on Wylie because I know they'll be back in contension in no time. This just wasn't there year.

defense51
11-20-2010, 07:55 PM
hope to see the Indians roll, but there's some really good teams stsanding in the way. Abilene Wylie showed they were better than a 5-6 team, they played tough! If the Indians keep playing at the level they are playing at now, they have a chance. They keep finding ways to win week after week. Would love to see Alvarado-Lovejoy game. Sharpen the spear!

slingshot
11-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by defense51
...Would love to see Alvarado-Lovejoy game. Sharpen the spear! Be careful what you wish for. I'm rooting for you guys but if you run into Lovejoy... not good. I think LJ wins by 2-3 TD's. They're big--bigger than us with team speed equal to or better than yours.
BTW--I think ya'll crush Cooper next week.

Pendragon13
11-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by defense51
hope to see the Indians roll, but there's some really good teams stsanding in the way. Abilene Wylie showed they were better than a 5-6 team, they played tough! If the Indians keep playing at the level they are playing at now, they have a chance. They keep finding ways to win week after week. Would love to see Alvarado-Lovejoy game. Sharpen the spear! Would you have wished for a meeting with last years state finalist Wylie team? That's basically what you'll get with Lovejoy. Alvarado has a good team this year with some good wins over playoff teams...but they aren't quite good enough to take on all challengers just yet.;)

defense51
11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I really can't say if we're ready to take on all challengers, but we have to play whoever comes our way. Lovejoy has an awesome team, that's why I said I would like to see that game. To be the best you have to play the best! So whoever we play is good, we have a very young team who can benefit from playing teams like LL, Wylie, and other good teams. BTW thought Wylie played tough, they just keep coming at you and showed alot of heart.

carlmc11
11-23-2010, 07:32 PM
alvarado has hsown that they can knock off tough teams all year knocking off bridgeport and prosper in back to back weeks and i believe over all the indian defense can handle lovejoy holding wylies strong rushing attack to just 66 yards in the second half if alvarado plays there game and holds off on the key turnovers no team left in this bracket will stop them from state