PDA

View Full Version : Division I State championship Predictions now

GrTigers6
11-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Not to overlook games or anything, But I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be Alvarado VS West Columbia

I think that is very likely
What are your thoughts and is there someone out there I may have missed in DI that could change that outcome?

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2010, 02:20 PM
IDK, but I like the way you think!

WC in the championship game would make the happiest person on 3adl. :)

Emerson1
11-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I think Lovejoy could be a reason it's not one of those two teams...

GrTigers6
11-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think Lovejoy could be a reason it's not one of those two teams... See I told you I might have missed someone. Alvarado and Lovejoy would be a good semifinal. If that is what is will be. going off memory is not my strongpoint. :D

Nice to meet you last night by the way Emerson1

'Necks 2013-14
11-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Sure hope you are correct! Been a long time coming for Columbia but--lets not forget about Navasota and or Chapel Hill. Regardless--the 'Necks are definitely respectable again.

RESPECT THE 'NECKS:clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Lovejoy vs Navasota in the title game.

GrTigers6
11-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Sure hope you are correct! Been a long time coming for Columbia but--lets not forget about Navasota and or Chapel Hill. Regardless--the 'Necks are definitely respectable again.

RESPECT THE 'NECKS:clap: Well I would be rooting for them all the way considering my kids went to school there for three years. Just wish they were 3A when they had the team that lost in the playoff game in Angleton in In think 2000. Maybe 99. cant remember or dont remember opponent. Just remember going to game. Pretty good talent on that team. but not in 4a lol

'Necks 2013-14
11-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Lovejoy vs Navasota in the title game. :dispntd: Hope your at least HALF wrong LHPM! ! !

GrTigers6
11-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Lovejoy vs Navasota in the title game. could happen as well
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
DII for that matter as well
Nothing is a given in High School sports.:thinking:

bobcat1
11-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Lovejoy vs Navasota in the title game. Would be a heck of a game. I was thinking Chapel Hill or Navasota vs. Lovejoy. Henderson is all I see in Lovejoy's way. If they bring that same intensity as last night and don't have a big week hangover after beating Celina they should do fine. Go to work Lovejoy. Bring it home!

oldtownag
11-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Chapel Hill vs. Henderson

East Texas Rocks!

OldNavy
11-20-2010, 03:02 PM
What am I missing? I still think Chapel Hill has a shot at making the finals and no one seems to be taking them too seriously.

Charlie47
11-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Would be a heck of a game. I was thinking Chapel Hill or Navasota vs. Lovejoy. Henderson is all I see in Lovejoy's way. If they bring that same intensity as last night and don't have a big week hangover after beating Celina they should do fine. Go to work Lovejoy. Bring it home!

Thanks Bobcat!, we're gonna give it heck!;)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-20-2010, 03:13 PM
CHAPEL HILL VS LOVEJOY

nexfan
11-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Well I would be rooting for them all the way considering my kids went to school there for three years. Just wish they were 3A when they had the team that lost in the playoff game in Angleton in In think 2000. Maybe 99. cant remember or dont remember opponent. Just remember going to game. Pretty good talent on that team. but not in 4a lol

We played LaMarque that year in the first round, when LaMarque was still very legit. Lost a close one. That was our first playoff game in about 10 years on the 4A level. In 2003 the Necks went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs eventually losing to State Finalist Brenham, with Limas Sweed and Co. Since moving down to 3A the furthest we've gone in the playoffs is 3 rounds. A win next week will put the Roughnecks the furthest they have been in the playoffs since losing the State Title game to Brownwoos in 1969. I'm all for it!!

navscanmaster
11-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I would like to think it is the Rattlers' turn to advance out of Region III. Three straight trips to the DI quarterfinals, and three straight losses. Liberty Hill in 07 was a blowout loss, LaVega in 08 was an interception in OT on an underthrown ball, and Gilmer was by a TD in a wild game. You have to feel better about the Rattler defense this year than any in the past, because they have been phenomenal. Chapel Hill is putting up some ridiculous numbers on offense, though. We'll see.

GrTigers6
11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
We played LaMarque that year in the first round, when LaMarque was still very legit. Lost a close one. That was our first playoff game in about 10 years on the 4A level. In 2003 the Necks went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs eventually losing to State Finalist Brenham, with Limas Sweed and Co. Since moving down to 3A the furthest we've gone in the playoffs is 3 rounds. A win next week will put the Roughnecks the furthest they have been in the playoffs since losing the State Title game to Brownwoos in 1969. I'm all for it!! Thats right it was Lamarque, They were very quick. but WC held in there.

lulu
11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Chapel Hill may very well be in that final game. They are not being looked at for what they are. I think they just may be there.

Necks_WC
11-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Columbia v Lovejoy.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Lovejoy vs Navasota in the title game.

Hey, there is a reason why I like LHPM:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
What am I missing? I still think Chapel Hill has a shot at making the finals and no one seems to be taking them too seriously.

Believe me, the Rattlers are taking the Bulldogs very seriously.

12thMan
11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Everybody better be taking Chapel Hill serious. They are very good!! I see them in the final.

Roughneck_Dad
11-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Not to overlook games or anything, But I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be Alvarado VS West Columbia

What are your thoughts and is there someone out there I may have missed in DI that could change that outcome? :D Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :iagree: :2thumbsup

lulu
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Believe me, the Rattlers are taking the Bulldogs very seriously.

Toxic...I'm backing the Dawgs cause you know that Snake of yours gives me the Willies. No ...really because they are just down the road from us and were in our district last year. Good folks.

Good luck to your team though. I will be just as happy for your team. Leave that "snake" at home lol.

Pawdaddy
11-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag

East Texas Rocks!

DITTO!!!

hookandladder
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
We played both teams, Navasota and WC. Navasota to me is the better overall team, offense and defense. Navasota would be my pick if they meet, WC has a good team but just feel Navasota would win this battle. Good Luck to both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Toxic...I'm backing the Dawgs cause you know that Snake of yours gives me the Willies. No ...really because they are just down the road from us and were in our district last year. Good folks.

Good luck to your team though. I will be just as happy for your team. Leave that "snake" at home lol.

Thanks. The snake stays at home.:D

buckeyebob
11-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag

East Texas Rocks!

Tell 'em....East Texas gets no respect. Oh well...District 16 keeps on rolling.

GrTigers6
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
We played both teams, Navasota and WC. Navasota to me is the better overall team, offense and defense. Navasota would be my pick if they meet, WC has a good team but just feel Navasota would win this battle. Good Luck to both teams. That one may be worth the drive

Roughneck_Dad
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
We played both teams, Navasota and WC. Navasota to me is the better overall team, offense and defense. Navasota would be my pick if they meet, WC has a good team but just feel Navasota would win this battle. Good Luck to both teams. :tisk: WC had some players that were out and were not quite running on all cylinders. Now all players are back and they are firing on all cylinders. (Special teams, DL, OL, throwing and running game). I will take the Necks on this one.:2thumbsup :twitch:

Chillfan
11-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I think CH has the talent and coaching to make it to the Big Dance.

Gonna have to play smart and limit mistakes. Keep the aggression going.

Navasota has me a little nervous.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
TCH...opinion has not wavered.....

and Selena...LOL:eek:

Tin Cup
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Lovejoy over WC

lostaussie
11-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Lovejoy vs Navasota in the title game. Chapel Hill is gonna roll Navasota. Only team that may stand in their way could be Lovejoy and they themselves will be in a dogfight this week with Henderson.

waterboy
11-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Chapel Hill is my pick to win it all in D1. They have a whole lot of the "it" factor that championship teams have. Don't know for sure if they will, but they are my pick.

Rabid Cougar
11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Brownwood.

waterboy
11-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Brownwood.
How? They are playing in the D2 bracket....:doh:

Snotbubbles
11-22-2010, 10:58 AM
LJ appears the team to beat in D1.

Pendragon13
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
How? They are playing in the D2 bracket....:doh: Haven't you heard? They are so good that both D1 finalists will simply surrender their trophy to Brownwood..

waterboy
11-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Haven't you heard? They are so good that both D1 finalists will simply surrender their trophy to Brownwood..
Oh, yeah.........I heard about that!:D Brownwood might just end up beating Brownwood, though.....;)

Tin Cup
11-22-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry but I just can't see Brownwood winning the DI bracket. There are some good teams from east Texas

:D

Louie13
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Weeks ago I picked Lovejoy. I think the game is going to be between Chapel Hill and Lovejoy. Don't know which one to pick now that LJ's team is slightly re-arranged. They do seem to be extremely motivated. Out on a limb: LJ

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2010, 12:00 PM
We played both teams, Navasota and WC. Navasota to me is the better overall team, offense and defense. Navasota would be my pick if they meet, WC has a good team but just feel Navasota would win this battle. Good Luck to both teams. Fair enough opinion, but fyi.... wc was missing 2 key players against LG including their all state OT Aaron boucher and the districts int leading cb Cody langford. Just saying... wc has improved leaps and bounds since the lg game, especially on defense.

That said, navasota would be the favorite, but I like the necks chances against anyone right now. :)

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Chapel Hill is gonna roll Navasota. Only team that may stand in their way could be Lovejoy and they themselves will be in a dogfight this week with Henderson.

Is that what you said last year leading up to the Navasota/Gilmer game?

lostaussie
11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Is that what you said last year leading up to the Navasota/Gilmer game? Not at all...............Just from keeping up with you guys I think you were a little better last year. Chapel Hill is a beast this year. Not dishing on you guys at all though and I wish the best of luck. You will be the toughest playoff team they have seen BY FAR!! And I certainly have no problem sending you congrats if the Rattlers prove me wrong.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Not at all...............Just from keeping up with you guys I think you were a little better last year. Chapel Hill is a beast this year. Not dishing on you guys at all though and I wish the best of luck. You will be the toughest playoff team they have seen BY FAR!! And I certainly have no problem sending you congrats if the Rattlers prove me wrong.

Fine. I like you agian. LOL (joking)

Thanks man. CH will be tough to take out.

Good luck to you guys as well!

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Fair enough opinion, but fyi.... wc was missing 2 key players against LG including their all state OT Aaron boucher and the districts int leading cb Cody langford. Just saying... wc has improved leaps and bounds since the lg game, especially on defense.

That said, navasota would be the favorite, but I like the necks chances against anyone right now. :)

Boucher on defense last week was unstoppable. Any team WC plays from here on out will have trouble if the coaches continue to let him rotate in and out.

Roughneck_Dad
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Dub-C
Boucher on defense last week was unstoppable. Any team WC plays from here on out will have trouble if the coaches continue to let him rotate in and out. :iagree: Boucher is a fresh breath of air on Defense plus gives DT #66 Trey Lavender a much needed break since taking on Offensive duties as well as defensive. For those who know him and his situation know what I am talking about.:clap:

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck_Dad
:iagree: Boucher is a fresh breath of air on Defense plus gives DT #66 Trey Lavender a much needed break since taking on Offensive duties as well as defensive. For those who know him and his situation know what I am talking about.:clap: I noticed that lavender has dropped some weight and gained a lot of muscle since last year. He has developed nicely and become a pretty solid football player. Definitely an asset to the team, especially on defense imo.

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Lavender has been playing great also with his situation. With those guys rotating in the last game put Millers Oline in trouble quick.

garciap77
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think Lovejoy could be a reason it's not one of those two teams...

:ditto:

GrTigers6
12-04-2010, 10:56 AM

What are your thoughts and is there someone out there I may have missed in DI that could change that outcome?
Well I was almost right. Congrats to Alvarado and West Columbia for a great season. Now looking forward to Chapel Hill and Henderson. should be a good one. I pick CH how ever.