PDA

View Full Version : Cameron vs. Newton (for those interested)

King_LeYoeNidas
11-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Cameron came out and destroyed the Newton Eagles last night w/ a final of 70-26. Don't let that fool you though. It was 63-6 before the 2nd, 3rd & freshmen teams allowed 3 scores. Yoe only punted once in the 4th and rolled over 600 yards of offense w/ Rhoades hitting 16/19 passes and 5 touchdowns (his 3rd game in a row w/ 5 TDs). Next is East Chambers who held off a last minute tying drive from McGregor by a score of 21-14. Cameron beat McGregor earlier this season 45-7. Right now the only Cameron opponents still in playoffs are Marlin (who plays Tatum tonight) and Navasota. Doesn't look like these boys can be stopped....

Maroon87
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought this thread was about Cam Newton...:doh: :nerd:

King_LeYoeNidas
11-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I thought this thread was about Cam Newton...:doh: :nerd:

da da dum

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Where are you guys playing next week!
BTW, Congrats on a huge victory!

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Cameron came out and destroyed the Newton Eagles last night w/ a final of 70-26. Don't let that fool you though. It was 63-6 before the 2nd, 3rd & freshmen teams allowed 3 scores. Yoe only punted once in the 4th and rolled over 600 yards of offense w/ Rhoades hitting 16/19 passes and 5 touchdowns (his 3rd game in a row w/ 5 TDs). Next is East Chambers who held off a last minute tying drive from McGregor by a score of 21-14. Cameron beat McGregor earlier this season 45-7. Right now the only Cameron opponents still in playoffs are Marlin (who plays Tatum tonight) and Navasota. Doesn't look like these boys can be stopped....

Yeah, we took it too another level tonight. We had been playing well all season, but wow. Newton was never going to score a touchdown by running(which is what they do). They had gotten that 1 TD off the 1st string right before half on a deep pass. In the 2nd half we had a few good drives then we pretty much slowed it down with around 8 minutes in the 3rd. There was a mix of 2nd & 3rd stringers for a while in the 3rd and then a lot of JV players in the 4th. Then later in the 4th a few starters from the freshmen team came in and ran some plays.

Overall, a very impressive game all the way around.

Temple Daily Telegram Article (http://www.tdtnews.com/story/2010/11/20/70366)

zebrablue2
11-20-2010, 11:25 AM
WOW! Congrats the Yoe! You all are on a roll, and will be hard to stop. One week at a time, and best of luck!!!!

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Where are you guys playing next week!
BTW, Congrats on a huge victory!

There has been no word on where and when the game is being played yet. It will be in the general area of Houston again. I have heard a few rumors on Waller.

Caldwell_Raider
11-20-2010, 12:23 PM
wow! Congrats, keep it going! :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
There has been no word on where and when the game is being played yet. It will be in the general area of Houston again. I have heard a few rumors on Waller.

That would be perfect if its on Saturday.

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 12:35 PM
That would be perfect if its on Saturday.

I have heard we want to keep playing on Friday but anything could happen.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 12:38 PM
I have heard we want to keep playing on Friday but anything could happen.

Ok. Keep us posted.

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Ok. Keep us posted.

Sure thing. I will heading out to the Tatum/Marlin game today at 7. I have heard that they may discuss possible sites there since they should both be in attendance.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Sure thing. I will heading out to the Tatum/Marlin game today at 7. I have heard that they may discuss possible sites there since they should both be in attendance.

K. Safe travels!

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 01:05 PM
A guy has posted it is going to be in Shenandoah at Woodforest Bank Stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1151) ...nice looking joint.

Friday 7:30.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-20-2010, 01:08 PM
blah....almost the same exact route, just a bit shorter. Damnit McGregor why couldn't you have held on!

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 01:10 PM
blah....almost the same exact route, just a bit shorter. Damnit McGregor why couldn't you have held on!

Yeah lol...Temple sure sounded nice... Few Pics of the Stadium (http://www.shenandoahtx.com/index.aspx?NID=363)

King_LeYoeNidas
11-20-2010, 01:19 PM
if I did my math right, East Chambers (after last night) has averaged 33 points per game (through 11 games) and allows 24 ppg.

For a fun comparison, Newton played arguably a tougher schedule and (before last night) averaged 39 PPG & also allowed 24 PPG.

Cameron after last night & 11 games is now averaging 45 ppg (lowest this season was 32 waaaaay back in week 1 against La Vega) and giving up just 11. That average was 9 before the backups gave up 20 last night.

From those I've talked to who were at the EC/Mac game, EC is NOT a speedy team at all. That said, expect another absolute slaughter.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I would think Newton to overall be a better team than East Chambers. This game will get Cameron Yoe's freshmen and JV some more playing time.

Thats good for the future but its the tough games that make you good now. Who is it looking like Yoe plays after this?

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2010, 02:10 PM

If you came though Navasota or down 45, you passed up the stadium. The stadium sits to the left if you are I45 south bound. Almost 10 min drive from Spring ISD stadium.

It is a really nice stadium.

BaseballUmp
11-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
I would think Newton to overall be a better team than East Chambers. This game will get Cameron Yoe's freshmen and JV some more playing time.

Thats good for the future but its the tough games that make you good now. Who is it looking like Yoe plays after this?

After this we would play the winner of Marlin/Tatum...most likely Tatum then that winner would play Crockett which should be a physical game...still counting on a Tatum/Cameron match up in Palestine in a few weeks if all goes accordingly

Yoe_09
11-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
After this we would play the winner of Marlin/Tatum...most likely Tatum then that winner would play Crockett which should be a physical game...still counting on a Tatum/Cameron match up in Palestine in a few weeks if all goes accordingly

Yeah more than likely it would be in Palestine. Some thought it would be Corsicana but I dont think Tatum wants to play there.