PDA

View Full Version : not 3a, but amazing game tonight in early, tx

spaniard
11-20-2010, 01:45 AM
the walnut springs hornets and the knox city greyhounds squared off in what was an epic struggle tonight! this game was back and forth until the 3rd quarter when knox city took a 16 point lead over the hornets. the will and heart of the guys in blue (ws) took over the game as they came back and tied the thing up in the 4th to force overtime with the score at 42 apiece. knox city took first possession at the ws 25 and quickly drove the ball in for the quick score, but failed on the 2 point conversion. walnut then, after a couple of knucklehead penalties, drove down for the td with a catch in the back of the endzone. our guys lined up for the two point kick (6man rules different than 11), and faked the kick with the kicker running it in for the 1 pt. conversion (once again, 6man rules) to win the game at 49-48. was an amazing show of talent that was eclipsed by the heart of the walnut springs hornets to come out with the win. the hornets will play the heavily favored throckmorton greyhounds next week, location and date tbd.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Wow! Sounds like a good game! Are you guys DI or DII?

If you're DII, we can have a smack thread if the stars align for you to play Motley County. :1popcorn:

Looking4number8
11-20-2010, 09:06 AM
I went to a 6 man game is Zephyr last week, they are a blast to watch. But that makes me think. With the way d1 and d2 are broken down both of these teams had over 200 miles to drive (1st round game) to and from the game. One side only had 10 fans and 20 players. UIL needs to take a hard look at that. way too far apart for round 1

GrTigers6
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Way to go hornets! Keeping Knox city to only half there points from last week. :D

spaniard
11-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wow! Sounds like a good game! Are you guys DI or DII?

If you're DII, we can have a smack thread if the stars align for you to play Motley County. :1popcorn:

we're d1, we were d2 last year though. this next week is the game where i'm worried, throckmorton 45'd knox city during the season.

L48, i think that the reason the locations are so spread out is because the teams are pretty spread out. there's a pretty heavy concentration of teams in the i-35 corridor, but after you leave that area they become pretty sparsely located. we had leveritt's chapel in our district last year, and it was a 4 hour drive for us to go play them