Go Panthers!!!

Frontline Force
11-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by sintonfanseguin
Go Panthers!!!
No love for 30 3a ...I see how it is :hand:

TxChamp
11-20-2010, 03:30 AM
I just made it to Mathis but tomorrow we will talk!!!! Let's go Mathis Pirates!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Gotta stick with BMW in this one. Go Pirates

Blastoderm55
11-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Mathis/Raymondville recap (http://www.auto-mobi.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66850&Itemid=50)

sintonfanseguin
11-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Frontline Force
No love for 30 3a ...I see how it is :hand:

Nah, Im still down with 30-3a. 30-3a is my home, but we currently live in Navarro and my children attend NISD so gotta rep the Panthers also!!

:cool:

Frontline Force
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Nah, Im still down with 30-3a. 30-3a is my home, but we currently live in Navarro and my children attend NISD so gotta rep the Panthers also!!

:cool:
Ok gotcha :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Mathis/Raymondville recap (http://www.auto-mobi.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66850&Itemid=50) its not loading.

Lets Go Pirates! Navarro has been just as impressive as Mathis in the playoffs.

Blastoderm55
11-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
its not loading.

Lets Go Pirates! Navarro has been just as impressive as Mathis in the playoffs.

Hah, guess the copy didn't take effect. That's a source for one of my classes. :p

Here's the story.

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/nov/19/mathis-runs-away-with-win/

wimbo_pro
11-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Gotta go with Navarro in this one. They seem to be playing their best ball right now. Plus, its always good to see a fellow district team do well!

Blastoderm55
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Navarro on MaxPreps (http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/eo5I-oErIkOXdgK0lVDRjQ/navarro-panthers/football/schedule.htm)

They come in with the same record as Mathis, but their two losses were to state-ranked teams in Lexington and Wimberley. This will be another big challenge for Mathis. Navarro is going to run it straight at the Pirate D, but will be able to chuck it down field too. Mathis needs to take advantage of their speed and limit their mistakes if they hope to win.

Lake Pirate
11-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Here is the recap from RGV Sports:

http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/kats-8327-mathis-oust.html

TxChamp
11-20-2010, 01:38 PM
This is going to be another great game to watch!!! Navarro and Mathis are equally match!! Both can run and throw the ball!! Don't know much about the panthers but Mathis is just having an awesome year on doing what they do best... Run The Ball!!!! BMW is the real deal!!!! Glad to be playing around Thanksgiving!!! YEAH!!!!! I'm going for my Mathis Pirates!!!

TxChamp
11-20-2010, 10:14 PM
this is mtx speaking...ive watched three diferent films on navarro...in my opinion they are slow on both sides of the ball and in no way run the slot like mathis...should be close early...then all hell breaks loose...my prediction mathis 42 navarro 10:D

Frontline Force
11-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by TxChamp
this is mtx speaking...ive watched three diferent films on navarro...in my opinion they are slow on both sides of the ball and in no way run the slot like mathis...should be close early...then all hell breaks loose...my prediction mathis 42 navarro 10:D

Where did you find footage of navarro please share

Tejastrue
11-20-2010, 10:44 PM

Really. Best way to describe Navarro is methodical. You must be a an absolute Mathis fan!! If Mathis goes into this game thinking blowout, they will lose!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Really. Best way to describe Navarro is methodical. You must be a an absolute Mathis fan!! If Mathis goes into this game thinking blowout, they will lose!! BMW has been turbo charged and ready to speed through their next opponent. Good luck on Navarro in slowing that BMW down.

Blastoderm55
11-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Mathis D will be the key. The BMW is only good if they're on the field cranking out the yards. The real battle will the defense stepping up and getting the Navarro offense off the field and preventing any long drives.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Mathis D will be the key. The BMW is only good if they're on the field cranking out the yards. The real battle will the defense stepping up and getting the Navarro offense off the field and preventing any long drives. Key for Mathis offense is their line, Big defensive line could give them some trouble but not completely shut them down. Speed wise dont think they have face a fast defensive unit so far and might be toughest challenge if and when they face one. No clue what Navarro has maybe MTX shares some footage on them :)

IHStangFan
11-20-2010, 10:58 PM

:cool: I feel your pain and catch the same crap from all of the Ingleside/D30 fans each year. FROM Ingleside, LIVE in Needville....same situation. LOL.

I still like Mathis' chances, but it would appear that Navarro plays some stout D. I just don't see Mathis running away w/ this one like they have been doing. I predict a much closer game.

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I think Mathis will get a tough test from Navarro but the BMW will help the Pirates drive on to the regional final.

Blastoderm55
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Key for Mathis offense is their line, Big defensive line could give them some trouble but not completely shut them down. Speed wise dont think they have face a fast defensive unit so far and might be toughest challenge if and when they face one. No clue what Navarro has maybe MTX shares some footage on them :)

Roster on Max Preps doesn't show a whole lot of size for Navarro. A couple of 300+ lbers, but I'm not sure if they play. Pretty comparable to Mathis, size-wise at least on paper. RF's DL had some decent size, and they were able to get their LBers into the backfield to disrupt some plays, which is why Mathis went to the air to beat them.

ogg
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM

Ha!

wimbo_pro
11-21-2010, 01:41 AM
The best word to describe Navarro is "tenacious". I checked the spelling too.

bag-o-chips
11-21-2010, 06:11 AM
I think Navarro just played a team with alot of speed this past Friday night in Sam Houston. I think they had 14 total yards in offense and a whole lot of size along with legit D1 talent. Just saying...

TxChamp
11-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I feel your pain and catch the same crap from all of the Ingleside/D30 fans each year. FROM Ingleside, LIVE in Needville....same situation. LOL.

I still like Mathis' chances, but it would appear that Navarro plays some stout D. I just don't see Mathis running away w/ this one like they have been doing. I predict a much closer game.

the past 2 games ive heard the same bs about being a close game...ill put it to you this way, raymondville and needville were way better teams than navarro...mathis will prevail by 25 or more

TxChamp
11-21-2010, 07:53 AM
raymondville put 6 on the line with 3 backers 3yds of the ball and still coundnt stop us..and trust me they had some lineman...with mathis speed and size from the opposing teams lineman dont matter...our lineman are well conditioned and very technical...every one of these guys can get the upper hand on their opponents because of stamina, power, and technique...dont think so, well over 5500 yds rushing...3 one thousand yd backs...last game posters on 956 said we had that many yards against nobody...then we shut them up by rushing 523yds...all slot -t teams have 3 backs that carry the ball and most just have one go to guy...with us you have to worry about three and a passing game..just stating the facts...this is mtx

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
I think Navarro just played a team with alot of speed this past Friday night in Sam Houston. I think they had 14 total yards in offense and a whole lot of size along with legit D1 talent. Just saying... Sam Houston wasnt a very good offensive team all year long. They would struggle to score and depended on their defense to keep them in games.

Frontline Force
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I can't find any footage on navarro I don't know where CHAMP found some but I can't find any...He must know some super secret ninja stuff...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I can't find any footage on navarro I don't know where CHAMP found some but I can't find any...He must know some super secret ninja stuff... http://www.deviantart.com/download/101317148/4_ninja_animation_by_RJdog1000.gif

Frontline Force
11-21-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/101317148/4_ninja_animation_by_RJdog1000.gif :spitlol: :spitlol: that's some good stuff

TxChamp
11-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey I like it when other folks (Navarro fans) and their surrounding neighbors start to say that we're not going to doing nothing!!! LOL look at what happened to Needville and Raymondville lol!! Let them talk cuz we feed off that!!!! BMW will not be stopped!!! The defense is bend but dont break!!! We will sail to victory!!! Mathis wins this one!!!Un Gritoooooooooo!!!!!!!!:D

Frontline Force
11-21-2010, 11:57 AM
*Edited For TxChamp*Hey I like it when other folks (Navarro fans) ,and their surrounding neighbors, say that we're not going to do anything!!! LOL look at what happened to Needville and Raymondville lol!! Let them talk becuase we feed off of that!!!! BMW will not be stopped!!! The defense will bend but will not break!!! We will sail to victory!!! Mathis wins this one!!!Un Gritoooooooooo!!!!!!!!:D

Tejastrue
11-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Hey I like it when other folks (Navarro fans) and their surrounding neighbors start to say that we're not going to doing nothing!!! LOL look at what happened to Needville and Raymondville lol!! Let them talk cuz we feed off that!!!! BMW will not be stopped!!! The defense is bend but dont break!!! We will sail to victory!!! Mathis wins this one!!!Un Gritoooooooooo!!!!!!!!:D

I did not see any posts in regards to Mathis stating anything about, as you put it, "we're not going to doing nothing". I think most were just saying that Navarro will not be an easy team to beat and should not be taken lightly. That is all. :hand:

TxChamp
11-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I can't find any footage on navarro I don't know where CHAMP found some but I can't find any...He must know some super secret ninja stuff...

i will share later...which do you want...navarro vs wimberly or navarro vs libertyhill

Frontline Force
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
i will share later...which do you want...navarro vs wimberly or navarro vs libertyhill vs wimberly

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Seguin newspaper The Gazette(Recap of Navarro first ever Area win) (http://seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=85ed9b771e263c03)

Blastoderm55
11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Seguin newspaper The Gazette(Recap of Navarro first ever Area win) (http://seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=85ed9b771e263c03)

Very nicely written article.

Tejastrue
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the link SintonFan_inAustin.

This was what I was trying to share about Navarro to the Mathis supporters about underestimating the Panthers. How many defenses would love to post these numbers, no matter who they played.

" The Panthers limited Sam Houston to four first downs and just 14 total yards in the game."

If Navarro keeps it close, look out!!

dirtysouth
11-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Do not underestimate Navarro. They are talented and there is something to be said about good coaching. They play HARD!

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by dirtysouth
Do not underestimate Navarro. They are talented and there is something to be said about good coaching. They play HARD!

Hey don't underestimate Mathis either just because we're from South Texas!!! I know that Navarro is good or else they wouldn't be here in the 3rd round!! Mathis might not have a tradition like Cuero or those other schools. That go every year to the playoffs but when we do we make the best of it!!! Mathis also has some of the best coaches in South Texas I believe one of them has a state title under his belt but anyways come on Friday so we can show Navarro fans. That we are for real!!! Goooo Mathis Pirates!!!!

Blastoderm55
11-22-2010, 10:13 AM
So both teams' head coaches come from San Marcos, eh? Should be quite a battle.

Link to Navarro website (http://www.kwed1580.com/navarro/display/index.php?id=60)

Pretty impressive website. I believe it will also host a webcast of Friday night's game.

FmrPirate14
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Lets Go Mathis D30 is behind yall

Snotbubbles
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Navarro wins by wider margin than the SH game. Like the LH teams of the past, but---can throw it just as well as running it. Nasty. Pick your poison.

Awesome achievement. This was a 2A team a year ago. Hats off to ya Navarro.:clap:

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Navarro wins by wider margin than the SH game. Like the LH teams of the past, but---can throw it just as well as running it. Nasty. Pick your poison.

Awesome achievement. This was a 2A team a year ago. Hats off to ya Navarro.:clap:

sam houston team was a joke...mathis is the real deal...mathis 42 navarro 10

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
this is mtx...this gonna come down to the battle in the trenches

Snotbubbles
11-22-2010, 12:39 PM
sam houston team was a joke...mathis is the real deal...mathis 42 navarro 10

Once you try determining who has the ball in this Navarro running game, they'll throw it over your safeties, who have to come up and stop this machine.

I differ SH was a joke. I give Navarro credit for that showing and outcome. This is the round, most south teams get eliminated out of playoffs.

Navarro rolls on, 40-6.

Blastoderm55
11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Once you try determining who has the ball in this Navarro running game, they'll throw it over your safeties, who have to come up and stop this machine.

I differ SH was a joke. I give Navarro credit for that showing and outcome. This is the round, most south teams get eliminated out of playoffs.

Navarro rolls on, 40-6.

You realize Mathis runs the same offense, right? This game will come down to execution on both sides of the ball. Whoever makes the least mistakes wins.

Lake Pirate
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
You realize Mathis runs the same offense, right? This game will come down to execution on both sides of the ball. Whoever makes the least mistakes wins.

:iagree:
This is going to be a great game, that will come down to ball and clock control.

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 02:30 PM
the difference between these two teams is the style of slot-t they run...nobody runs the slot -t the same...navarro is about using their fullback as the work horse...long consuming drives...mathis uses talback, fullback, and halfback...mathis is more of a big play offense, but also can go to their base offense for long consuming drives...3 backs over 1000...qb 66 yards shy of 1000 in four games...mathis defense is a bend but dont break defense...also our offense is a great defense...dont see navarro winning this one...mathis has close to 6000yds rushng ths season and 7000 total offense...not going by maxpreps, hasnt been updated since ingleside game...the last team that said its because we play nobodies got ran over 526yds

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey MTX, you havent register here yet? lol its getting confusing determining if its you or TXChamp. :)

Blastoderm55
11-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey MTX, you havent register here yet? lol its getting confusing determining if its you or TXChamp. :)

Yeah, really. :p

Mathis stats per Caller.com

http://preps.caller.com/football/boys/teams/26286/2010-2011/

gold_33
11-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Ive seen lots of good offenses this year and Navarro is right at the top of them, they run the slot T perfect and can throw it better than any team ive seen outta it. Plus you gotta be ready for the trick plays because they run those to perfection. Mathis D better bring their A game and know their assignments and find the ball or they will be in for a long night. Should be a good game, who's ever D steps up and makes plays will win this game.

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't wait til Friday!!!! Mathis will sail to victory!!! Hey Sintonfan in austin post sum. Videos of mathis on here so they can shut!!! They need to see what we're talking about!!! We have not just one rb over 1000 but 3!!! And yes we have trick plays as we'll but most of all speed and skill!!!

SintonFan
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Go MTX Pirates!!!
:clap: :) :clap:

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Mathis don't rely on trick plays to win games...we run it down opponents throat...I saw the wimberley vs navarro game wasn't impressed by either team...both teams are over rated...this is mtx...let the smack talking begin

NastySlot
11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Mathis don't rely on trick plays to win games...we run it down opponents throat...I saw the wimberley vs navarro game wasn't impressed by either team...both teams are over rated...this is mtx...let the smack talking begin

whoa.....slow down fella. I've seen Wimberley live and on tape....and the same for Navarro.........they are both pretty dang good..........Navarro...has beaten two solid teams to get where they are.......................hey...just wondering do you know what HUDL is?....if so do have it?

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
i wouldnt call sam houston solid, more like undisciplined...and liberty is a solid team but not as solid as they have been in the past...mtx

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM

Wimberley????????? Dude you must not know alot about football. This DUB-c District 30 destroyers.

pirate4state
11-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
whoa.....slow down fella. I've seen Wimberley live and on tape....and the same for Navarro.........they are both pretty dang good..........Navarro...has beaten two solid teams to get where they are.......................hey...just wondering do you know what HUDL is?....if so do have it? he can't even get his own screen name, doubt if he knows what HUDL is ... i love it by the way :D

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
he can't even get his own screen name, doubt if he knows what HUDL is ... i love it by the way :D

yes i know what it is...i have 2 boys playing for mathis...this is where i watch opponents play by play...mtx

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
whoa.....slow down fella. I've seen Wimberley live and on tape....and the same for Navarro.........they are both pretty dang good..........Navarro...has beaten two solid teams to get where they are.......................hey...just wondering do you know what HUDL is?....if so do have it?

whoa...slow down fella? this is either shamus or a hillbilly named festus

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 05:56 PM
wimberwho?

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 05:58 PM
wimberwho?

How bout you guys go play the TEXANS and let SWEENY take care of Navarro.

pirate4state
11-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Yall wanted smalk talk...yall are gonna get it by the truck load. LMAO

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dub-C

dude couldnt handle navarro much less the pirates...only reason wim beat nav is because nav had turn overs...those guys outgained wim in every way statisticly

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
dude couldnt handle navarro much less the pirates...only reason wim beat nav is because nav had turn overs...those guys outgained wim in every way statisticly

Except the score.

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 06:05 PM

mathis vs wimberley...trust me its gonna happen

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 06:13 PM
mathis vs wimberley...trust me its gonna happen

So what you are saying since Sweeny beat Ingelside and Wimberely beats Sweeny that Mathis doesn't stand a chance statisticly against Wimberely. Just Saying.

Snotbubbles
11-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Isn't Mathis south of Victoria? If so, these schools exit the playoffs in this round. Navarro hugh here.

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 06:17 PM
So what you are saying since Sweeny beat Ingelside and Wimberely beats Sweeny that Mathis doesn't stand a chance statisticly against Wimberely. Just Saying.

no im saying that since needville beat sweeny in overtime and west columbia berely got by needville and mathis tore needville a new one that district 29 dont got a chance

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Isn't Mathis south of Victoria? If so, these schools exit the playoffs in this round. Navarro hugh here.

i believe this is navarro's first time in this round ever:D

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
no im saying that since needville beat sweeny in overtime and west columbia berely got by needville and mathis tore needville a new one that district 29 dont got a chance

You left out one game didn't you. lol. Needville didn't beat Sweeny they were phyiscally beat down from the week before. And that Also tells that Sweeny is just as Good as anyone else.

Snotbubbles
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Unless your 2A Refugio. This team is for real. They'll blast Poth.

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey this is the real txchamp!!! That's my buddy MTX!!! I'm in da house now!!! Now Dub C what the hell are you on this discussion anyways!!! Go and back up those Texans next week if ya win then we can talk but for now its Mathis vs. Navarro!!! So..... What are you doing in here still get out of here!!! Go on get the heck out of here!!!! Come over here saying dub c!!! Este vato!!!! Anyways so hey Navarro its going to be a great game can't wait to Friday!!!!!

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 06:24 PM

yeah Wc barely got by Needville and Sinton And Sweeny. lol. Too bad Mathis didn't get in our path.

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey this is the real txchamp!!! That's my buddy MTX!!! I'm in da house now!!! Now Dub C what the hell are you on this discussion anyways!!! Go and back up those Texans next week if ya win then we can talk but for now its Mathis vs. Navarro!!! So..... What are you doing in here still get out of here!!! Go on get the heck out of here!!!! Come over here saying dub c!!! Este vato!!!! Anyways so hey Navarro its going to be a great game can't wait to Friday!!!!!

Wouldn't you talking smack on the Sweeny vs Ingleside thread. HUH???? Funny.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Isn't Mathis south of Victoria? If so, these schools exit the playoffs in this round. Navarro hugh here. how do you explain last year?

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Wouldn't you talking smack on the Sweeny vs Ingleside thread. HUH???? Funny.

Hey I only for my mathis pirates!!! Just by. Your namei bet your a wanna be thug!!! LMAO!!! Driving around in a big old caddy!!! Anyways go support ur roughnecks!!! Take ur brother with you snotbubbles!!!! LMAO!!!

Shiner
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey I only for my mathis pirates!!! Just by. Your namei bet your a wanna be thug!!! LMAO!!! Driving around in a big old caddy!!! Anyways go support ur roughnecks!!! Take ur brother with you snotbubbles!!!! LMAO!!!

It would have to be a big Ol Caddy to cart Dub C's butt around!

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Am I missing something!! LOL is he reallly a big guy like someone that needs a lapband surgery type guy!!! WOW!!! Well dam get off ur butt and excersice stop spending to much time in front the cpu!!!! Lol:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Am I missing something!! LOL is he reallly a big guy like someone that needs a lapband surgery type guy!!! WOW!!! Well dam get off ur butt and excersice stop spending to much time in front the cpu!!!! Lol:D if i remember correctly 6'5

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!hahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ah!!!!!!!!!:taunt:

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Dub c and his brother snotbubbles are out of here! What a name!!!! Lol

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Dub c and his brother snotbubbles are out of here! What a name!!!! Lol

I thought we are talking about Football. Man doesn't take much to make you show your true colors. Now Back to talking football. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
That's funny and so far from the truth. You just gave everyone in WC a great laugh.

sinton66
11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Please keep it civil folks.

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Please keep it civil folks.

just having fun!!!

Frontline Force
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Tejastrue
11-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought this was a Mathis vs. Navarro thread. Too personal now. Would you guys please leave Wimberley out of it? Have you heard? We're playing Sweeny this week. No one else!

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Thank you!!!!! Mathis vs. Navarro!!! Man I'm ready for friday!!!! We will prevail!!!!! Hey anyone wants to play Madden online with me!! Or Blackops?!?!

Dub-C
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Just having a little fun also.

Frontline Force
11-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Thank you!!!!! Mathis vs. Navarro!!! Man I'm ready for friday!!!! We will prevail!!!!! Hey anyone wants to play Madden online with me!! Or Blackops?!?!
jump on black ops and i'll show you how to dominate

TxChamp
11-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Everytime I get on your not on!!!! LOL

warhorsejoe
11-23-2010, 08:16 AM

:thinking:

Frontline Force
11-23-2010, 11:24 AM
:evil: is it friday yet?...

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Any posters from Navarro feel that they are going to blow mathis out???

sinton66
11-24-2010, 07:43 AM
It's 6:42 on Wednesday morning, so it's time to say GO PIRATES!!!

MUSTANG69
11-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Good luck to the Pirates.

wimbo_pro
11-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Gotta root for Navarro because they are a fellow district team.

Tejastrue
11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Any posters from Navarro feel that they are going to blow mathis out???

Don't believe any posting here comes from actual Navarro people. Contributing factors, just moved up to 3A, very small town, and lowest school enrollment of 26-3A. I believe they can hang with Mathis. They'll need to keep it close. I am also just showing support for our district. :cool:

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Don't believe any posting here comes from actual Navarro people. Contributing factors, just moved up to 3A, very small town, and lowest school enrollment of 26-3A. I believe they can hang with Mathis. They'll need to keep it close. I am also just showing support for our district. :cool:
How well did they hang in their previous district before becoming 3a any deep playoff runs?

Blastoderm55
11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
In its first season at the Class-3A level, Navarro football advances three rounds deep in the playoffs for the first time in program history. The Panthers move on to face Mathis in the 3A-Division II, Region 4 semifinals on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Rutledge Stadium in Converse. The Navarro - Mathis game will be heard live on 1580-AM, KWED, and online at www.seguintoday.com, with pre-game coverage at 6 p.m.

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 11:49 AM
In its first season at the Class-3A level, Navarro football advances three rounds deep in the playoffs for the first time in program history. The Panthers move on to face Mathis in the 3A-Division II, Region 4 semifinals on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Rutledge Stadium in Converse. The Navarro - Mathis game will be heard live on 1580-AM, KWED, and online at www.seguintoday.com, with pre-game coverage at 6 p.m.
Nice sounds good..should be a good one I'll be there early after I slug it out with some old ladies on black friday over a toaster

Blastoderm55
11-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Nice sounds good..should be a good one I'll be there early after I slug it out with some old ladies on black friday over a toaster

Good luck! Last year on Black Friday at Wal-Greens, my wife had one of those key-chain Photo thingies in her hand and was in line to check out and an older lady ripped it from her grip and called her a dirty Mexican. The cashier just shrugged. :mad:

Yet another reason why I'll just pay full price. I don't want to deal with the crazies who are awake at 4 am.

MustangFootball
11-24-2010, 11:55 AM
the difference between these two teams is the style of slot-t they run...nobody runs the slot -t the same...navarro is about using their fullback as the work horse...long consuming drives...mathis uses talback, fullback, and halfback...mathis is more of a big play offense, but also can go to their base offense for long consuming drives...3 backs over 1000...qb 66 yards shy of 1000 in four games...mathis defense is a bend but dont break defense...also our offense is a great defense...dont see navarro winning this one...mathis has close to 6000yds rushng ths season and 7000 total offense...not going by maxpreps, hasnt been updated since ingleside game...the last team that said its because we play nobodies got ran over 526yds

texchamp, I'm pulling for mathis cause i back any district 30 team but dont knock ingleside and say they knocked on yall for not playing nobody and turn around and say yall ran for 526 yards on the mustangs is far from the truth mathis had 376 total yards 370 rushing and 6 passing, the mustangs had 510 on mathis 184 rushing and 326 passing and the win so please support your team but don't knock ours with false info......good luck mathis beat navvaro and show them what district 30 is made of....:clap: go pirates

Blastoderm55
11-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
texchamp, I'm pulling for mathis cause i back any district 30 team but dont knock ingleside and say they knocked on yall for not playing nobody and turn around and say yall ran for 526 yards on the mustangs is far from the truth mathis had 376 total yards 370 rushing and 6 passing, the mustangs had 510 on mathis 184 rushing and 326 passing and the win so please support your team but don't knock ours with false info......good luck mathis beat navvaro and show them what district 30 is made of....:clap: go pirates

He was referring to Raymondville.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2010, 11:59 AM
He was referring to Raymondville. you beat me to the punch :)

MustangFootball
11-24-2010, 12:20 PM
sorry my bad i apologize, i still and always will pull for my district...go pirates.:D

MUSTANG69
11-24-2010, 12:24 PM
He was referring to Raymondville.

I'm glad that is cleared up because I thought he was knocking on Ingleside also. :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I'm glad that is cleared up because I thought he was knocking on Ingleside also. :thinking: now that i looked at it in your point of view it looks like that but i knew they had rushed for 526 on Raymondville so i didnt see it your way when i saw it :)

MUSTANG69
11-24-2010, 12:31 PM
now that i looked at it in your point of view it looks like that but i knew they had rushed for 526 on Raymondville so i didnt see it your way when i saw it :)

I didn't respond because I knew the stats were not correct. Thought maybe he got confused. :D

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Good luck! Last year on Black Friday at Wal-Greens, my wife had one of those key-chain Photo thingies in her hand and was in line to check out and an older lady ripped it from her grip and called her a dirty Mexican. The cashier just shrugged. :mad:

Yet another reason why I'll just pay full price. I don't want to deal with the crazies who are awake at 4 am. I enjoy the thrill so I should be ok..but I will keep an eye out for those sneaky old ladies..but if you don't hear from me friday afternoon then they probably got the best of me:D :D

TxChamp
11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
Brother I was talking about raymondville...That's the last team we played

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Brother I was talking about raymondville...That's the last team we played off topic but champ how did you like that black ops ?

SintonFan
11-24-2010, 01:15 PM
GO MTX PIRATES!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
GO MTX PIRATES!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :ditto:

TxChamp
11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
off topic but champ how did you like that black ops ?
Hey that was awesome!!! I need to get me a headset like real soon so we can chat!!! Say I had to change my weapons you and your team were too quick but I did try to make a comeback!!! It sux that I have to go out of town cuz I'm not gonna be able to play my blackops!!! Its ok cuz Friday is almost here!!! Is anyone else besides me and my buddy MTX going to go watch Mathis??

Frontline Force
11-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey that was awesome!!! I need to get me a headset like real soon so we can chat!!! Say I had to change my weapons you and your team were too quick but I did try to make a comeback!!! It sux that I have to go out of town cuz I'm not gonna be able to play my blackops!!! Its ok cuz Friday is almost here!!! Is anyone else besides me and my buddy MTX going to go watch Mathis??
I'll be there with my family

Blastoderm55
11-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Caller-Times Story (http://www.caller.com/news/2010/nov/24/mathis-hits-the-road-again-in-search-of-another/)

'Necks 2013-14
11-24-2010, 10:34 PM

Yet another reason why I'll just pay full price. I don't want to deal with the crazies who are awake at 4 am. Funny and VERY scary all at the same time!!!:doh:

99IHSMustang
11-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I might actually try and make this game. The stadium is about 25 miles from where I live. Gooooo Mathis Pirates. ;)

TxChamp
11-25-2010, 01:34 PM
I want to wish everybody and their families a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Lake Pirate
11-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Pregame write-up (http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=e7ea59ae6527598b)

Frontline Force
11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
*off topic* Already at walmart for a tv and there are like 20 people ahead of me ...its 11pm....crazy

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 12:14 AM
*off topic* Already at walmart for a tv and there are like 20 people ahead of me ...its 11pm....crazy LOL! is it the 32 inch flat screen?

Frontline Force
11-26-2010, 12:44 AM
LOL! is it the 32 inch flat screen?
Yea I'm in corpus and I spoke to my contacts who said ther are 109 32 inch tv's

TxChamp
11-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Pregame write-up (http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=e7ea59ae6527598b) . That's an awesome article!!!! I'm pumped!!!!! Let's go Mathis Pirates!!! Its going to be very cold and Mathis will sail to victory!!!

Lake Pirate
11-26-2010, 10:47 AM
. That's an awesome article!!!! I'm pumped!!!!! Let's go Mathis Pirates!!! Its going to be very cold and Mathis will sail to victory!!!

See you there Champ. Stay warm and drive carefully. Lots of Black Friday Crazies out there. Go PIRATES!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Good luck Mathis, its going to be in the mid 20's tonight in SA.

Blastoderm55
11-26-2010, 01:05 PM
*off topic* Already at walmart for a tv and there are like 20 people ahead of me ...its 11pm....crazy

We were third in line for the $98 TV. Pickup lots of stuff during the 12:01 sale. I hope to not spend six hours at Wal-Mart again for a long time.

Sweetwater Red
11-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I'll be in attendance for this one. Massey's has it 39-34 Navarro. I hope it's that competitive. It's
going to be too damn cold to sit and watch a blow out either way.

TxChamp
11-26-2010, 02:37 PM
No respect for Mathis but hey that's ok cuz we do OUR talking on the field!!! Mathis 45-20!!!!! Let's go Pirates!!!!! Let's shut those Pirate haters!!!! No respect!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 02:49 PM
No respect for Mathis but hey that's ok cuz we do OUR talking on the field!!! Mathis 45-20!!!!! Let's go Pirates!!!!! Let's shut those Pirate haters!!!! No respect!!!! respect is earned and from here on out that is what it'll have to be for Mathis and they have the team to do it.

sinton66
11-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Wish I could be there but can't. So, I'll just say.....

GO PIRATES!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'll be in attendance for this one. Massey's has it 39-34 Navarro. I hope it's that competitive. It's
going to be too damn cold to sit and watch a blow out either way. Heading out to the game also then :D

ARRR! going to freeze!

Frontline Force
11-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Gone to the game......GO PIRATES!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

sinton66
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
SFIA, are you doing updates? PLEASE.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 04:50 PM
SFIA, are you doing updates? PLEASE. i will try if there is no webcast.I'll be checking in to post updates. heading out in few mins.

Blastoderm55
11-26-2010, 05:09 PM
i will try if there is no webcast.I'll be checking in to post updates. heading out in few mins.

Webcast is available on www.seguintoday.com. Pregame supposed to start 6.

Frontline Force
11-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Webcast is available on www.seguintoday.com. Pregame supposed to start 6. great find:clap: :clap:

TxChamp
11-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Me and MTX are the first ones in line!!!! Let's go Mathis Pirates!!!!!

pirate4state
11-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Mathis has a very nice crowd! Navarro...not so much, but it's early.

44INAROW
11-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Good Luck to the Pirates............:clap:

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Cmon Pirates.... Settle down and stop the penalties.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 08:51 PM
its early but Navarro defense looks sharp with that run defense and offensively took it down field on good drive

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 08:55 PM
inside game seems to be Mathis best bet as Navarro has the outside runs cover so far

Ranger354
11-26-2010, 08:59 PM
cant get web cast at work.....any body score yet?

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354

Mathis just scored in the 2nd qtr.

Mathis 7
Navaro 7

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354

Same here!
The link is bad.:(

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Go here:

http://www.kwed1580.com/kwed/display/index.php?id=52

and click on the link at the top that says "Click here to listen to KWED live"

megaman2184
11-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Hows it going everyone. Just got home and want to know the scoop on both teams. :) Thanks

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Go here:

http://www.kwed1580.com/kwed/display/index.php?id=52

and click on the link at the top that says "Click here to listen to KWED live"

Thank Izzy!:cool:

I just got on too, mm...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Mathis onside kick recovers but Mathis touched it before 10 yds o Navarro with the ball

they have pkup a 1st down and at Mathis 37

3rd and 6 now

no gain on qb keeper

4th down

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Thank Izzy!:cool:

I just got on too, mm...

no worries ;)

TxChamp
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
These refs suck!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
qb keeper and just gets the 6 yds for a 1st down at Mathis 27 with 8:37 left 2nd qtr
game tied 7-7

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 09:11 PM
GO MTX PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 09:13 PM
2nd and 2
wide open te and he drops it in end zone
3rd and 2
loss of a yd
4th and 3 for Navarro at Mathis 20

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 09:16 PM
qb keeper
1yd gain and Mathis takes over

1st down Mathis
Butler drop for 9 yd loss on a sweep
2nd
inc pass
3rd and 19

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 09:18 PM
pass interference on 3rd down

Mathis 1st down at their 21

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Dangit Navaro intercepts... Cmon Pirates... holdem

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Navarro intercepts and returns it to their 49 with 4:45 left

25 yd run for Navarro

9 yd run to Mathis 17

TxChamp
11-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I have to say that those refs ***** suck!!!!! Its a different ball game in 2nd half!!!! Mathis will win!!!!! Refs suck time to whip on those refs!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I have to say that those refs ***** suck!!!!! Its a different ball game in 2nd half!!!! Mathis will win!!!!! Refs suck time to whip on those refs!!!! nothing wrong with the ref calls so far. Mathis needs keep running inside plays. Mathis has been better 2nd half team so they can still win this.

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 10:05 PM
GO MTX PIRATES!!!

I agree that they are a second half team.
Go out and take this game!!!

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Good run Mathis.

Wohoo.

Mathis 14
Navaro 14

SintonFan
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
GO MTX PIRATES!!!
take it!

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:00 PM
With 5 minutes left Mathis scores.

Mathis 21

Navaro 17

Navaro has ball with a little over 4 minutes left.

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Dangit.. Navaro comes out in spread formation and throws a TD pass on their second play of posession.

Navarro 24

Mathis 21

3 minutes left to play

'Necks 2013-14
11-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Dangit.. Navaro comes out in spread formation and throws a TD pass on their second play of posession.

Navarro 24

Mathis 21

3 minutes left to play Score anyone?????

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Score anyone?????

With 1:01 left

Mathis is at Navarros 22 yard line.

Mathis could either Tie if they have to, but could potentially win it all right here.

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:14 PM
The score is still

Navarro 24

Mathis 21

'Necks 2013-14
11-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Does Mathis have a decent kicker??

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Does Mathis have a decent kicker??

Don't know, but Mathis is still driving. Mathis just fumbled inside the 12 but recovered. They had to spike the ball leaving them with 3rd and 10 with 30 seconds. Not timeouts for Mathis left.

'Necks 2013-14
11-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Don't know, but Mathis is still driving. Mathis just fumbled inside the 12 but recovered. They had to spike the ball leaving them with 3rd and 10 with 30 seconds. Not timeouts for Mathis left. Sounds exciting enough for me!!!

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:19 PM
14 seconds left. 3rd and 7. Mathis is going for the FG to tie game. This would make a 24 yd fg.

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:20 PM
14 seconds left. 3rd and 7. Mathis is going for the FG to tie game. This would make a 24 yd fg.

Snap for FG was high which allowed Navarro to tip the FG attempt and FG no good. wow...:doh:

99IHSMustang
11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
That does it. Final

Navarro 24

Mathis 21.

Congrats on the win Navarro.

You had a great season Mathis. Enjoyed following you guys in the playoffs.

Phil C
11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Snap for FG was high which allowed Navarro to tip the FG attempt and FG no good. wow...:doh:

:doh:

Blue42
11-26-2010, 11:23 PM
The farm boys from Navarro are salty!good season Mathis!

'Necks 2013-14
11-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow--tough break Mathis. Little things are magnified the further down the playoff road you travel.

megaman2184
11-26-2010, 11:26 PM

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9448/whym.png (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/whym.png/)

sinton66
11-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Mathis passing game didn't work too well tonight when they needed it. Congrats to Navarro and GREAT season Mathis.

banderafan
11-26-2010, 11:35 PM

Looks like someone will be eating bird two days in a row.......turkey yesterday, and crow today:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2010, 11:36 PM

Navarro 24

Mathis 21

3 minutes left to play those are the breaks, Butler had the interception and bounce of his hands and into receiver for TD catch

TxChamp
11-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey banderafan show some pride!!!! Don't hate!! We both played!!! Where's ur team huh??? That's what I thought!!! Great season Mathis!!!!!! We be back next year!!! Goooo Pirates!!!

banderafan
11-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey banderafan show some pride!!!! Don't hate!! We both played!!! Where's ur team huh??? That's what I thought!!! Great season Mathis!!!!!! We be back next year!!! Goooo Pirates!!!

Don't get your undies in a bunch! All in fun. No disrespect to Mathis at all.

sintonfanseguin
11-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Great job Panthers!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Great game. It was welll worth enduring the cold. Congrats Navarro and good luck against
Wimberly.

SintonFan
11-27-2010, 01:02 AM
That does it. Final

Navarro 24

Mathis 21.

Congrats on the win Navarro.

You had a great season Mathis. Enjoyed following you guys in the playoffs.

Good luck in the playoffs Navarro.:)

Sorry about the loss Mathis.

You guys represented 30-3A very well!:clap: :clap: :clap:

TxChamp
11-27-2010, 08:43 AM
congrats to navarro on the win...great game...mtx

Snotbubbles
11-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Mathis was pretty salty. Didn't see this one being that close. Congrats both teams.

Blastoderm55
11-27-2010, 09:22 AM
A heart-breaker for Mathis. But like on many occasions this season, failing to convert in the red-zone proved to do in the Pirates. That long TD pass will probably keep a lot of us up at night for a while, but that's just how the game went. As well as Mathis played, Navarro just played a little bit better and that made all the difference. Hell of a season for the Pirates.

sinton66
11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Mathis certainly has nothing to hang their heads about. They are going to be darned tough next year too. Stats in this game reflect pretty much how it went.

sinton66
11-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Game Stats:

Mathis....................Navarro
22.......First Downs.........15
53-241...Rush/yds....47-172
30..........Passing..........116
2-12-1..comp/att/int..5-10-0
2-32...........Punts........3-37
3-0.......Fumbles/lost......0-0
6-50....Penalties/yds...10-85

bag-o-chips
11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
I would like to commend Mathis on a great game! You have a great team and a great Coach and staff. It was a very hard fought game that just came down to one team making just one more play! You can tell the class and character of a team in that they follow the lead of the staff and Coach Kilby is a class act!
Go Panthers and looks like a rematch of 26-3A against Wimberley!

Good Luck to all your young men in the future!

Blastoderm55
11-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Game Stats:

Mathis....................Navarro
22.......First Downs.........15
53-241...Rush/yds....47-172
30..........Passing..........116
2-12-1..comp/att/int..5-10-0
2-32...........Punts........3-37
3-0.......Fumbles/lost......0-0
6-50....Penalties/yds...10-85

Sure seemed like Mathis had more penalties than that. :confused: They had drive-killers early which forced them to the air, and that aspect of the offense was sadly not there last night.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I would like to commend Mathis on a great game! You have a great team and a great Coach and staff. It was a very hard fought game that just came down to one team making just one more play! You can tell the class and character of a team in that they follow the lead of the staff and Coach Kilby is a class act!
Go Panthers and looks like a rematch of 26-3A against Wimberley!

Good Luck to all your young men in the future!

Way to hang in their and find a way to win!One thing that I remember from our first meeting is that ya'll never gave up!Kept fighting hard till the end!Great win to set a record for most victories ever!
Can't wait for the rematch.Anyone know when and where?San Marcos makes the most sense.

pirate4state
11-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Sure seemed like Mathis had more penalties than that. :confused: They had drive-killers early which forced them to the air, and that aspect of the offense was sadly not there last night.

It did seem like yall had more called against you, but it was just the penalities that yall did get were very costly and at the worst times! :doh: The biggest one being the offsides that kept the Navarro drive alive on 4th & 2.

Both teams had plenty of chances to take control, but each time the other's defense would step up! :thumbsup: Good HS football!

Congrats to a great season Mathis & good luck Navarro against the Texans.

bag-o-chips
11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Should be at Hays HS Friday Night!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Great season Mathis, yall did a great job in representing D30 and Mathis tradition in the playoffs. Very good team that should be very good next year aslo.

Navarro, notice it in the first series on defense that this defense was going to give Mathis problems in running to the outside and avoided big running plays by Mathis. Offensively both teams find running inside to be best way to attack each other. Navarro was a bet better in connecting on pass plays and prove to be the difference.

one thing that didnt seem the right thing to do at the time was last few secs before the half for Mathis but a fg turn out to be difference.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Navarro threw it 10 times??? Wow!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Navarro threw it 10 times??? Wow!!! think both teams should have thrown it more, it was like both teams knew what the running play was and were ready to stop it.

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:42 AM
From mysa.com...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/navarro_kick_block_ends_mathis_hopes_110896194.htm l?showFullArticle=y

lbjacj
11-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by lbjacj
From mysa.com...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/navarro_kick_block_ends_mathis_hopes_110896194.htm l?showFullArticle=y

At the end of the article..

"Navarro had three failed onside kicks in the first half, including an attempt on the opening kickoff. Only one of the failed attempts led to a score"

I guess they don't trust their kickoff coverage or their defense?They did the same thing in our first game in Wimberley.I thought they did it because of Sealys successful onside kicks against us and the fact their defense couldn't stop our offense.Have they done this in all their games?

Blastoderm55
11-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Great season Mathis, yall did a great job in representing D30 and Mathis tradition in the playoffs. Very good team that should be very good next year aslo.

Navarro, notice it in the first series on defense that this defense was going to give Mathis problems in running to the outside and avoided big running plays by Mathis. Offensively both teams find running inside to be best way to attack each other. Navarro was a bet better in connecting on pass plays and prove to be the difference.

one thing that didnt seem the right thing to do at the time was last few secs before the half for Mathis but a fg turn out to be difference.

I think we all figured that to be a difference maker. What is crazy is that Mathis got up to the line and was going to run that same play before Navarro called the timeout. Then when they lined up again and ran a play, it was the same play. That ball should have been in the hands of the play-makers. That QB keeper can work but its tough near the goal line, although even a Navarro player thought Gabriel was in for the TD.

bag-o-chips
11-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Look at the slideshow on CC Caller times. Sure seems his body was down before he reached out with the ball. The inadvertant whistle on the fumble was a huge blown call that went against Navarro because it just may have ended up a a scoop and score.

Blastoderm55
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Look at the slideshow on CC Caller times. Sure seems his body was down before he reached out with the ball. The inadvertant whistle on the fumble was a huge blown call that went against Navarro because it just may have ended up a a scoop and score.

I wasn't in a position to tell if he made it in. It could have made a difference, but Mathis had lots of chances. Navarro just did everything they could to stop Mathis from cashing in, and that's a testament to how well the Panthers played.

bag-o-chips
11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Mathis was very impressive to me as well. They look like great kids who have learned well under a great staff!

Frontline Force
11-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Great game pirates ...you have nothing to be ashamed about the whole coastal bend is very proud of your success and how well you represented them and d-30...great season boys I'll see y'all next year...:clap:

Frontline Force
11-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Unfinished business