PDA

View Full Version : Round 3: Brownwood vs Borger (in Abilene)

bwdlionfan
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Will be at Shotwell Stadium, Friday 7:30 PM. I believe I heard Brownwood will be on the west side (which is home side I'm assuming).

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
That's an awful long trip for Borger and a backyard hop for us. Whether we play in Shotwell or at Wylie it'll almost be a home game.

How odd would it be if Wylie plays on our field for a playoff game one week and we turn around and play on theirs the next?

bwdlionfan
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by gonktacular
That's an awful long trip for Borger and a backyard hop for us. Whether we play in Shotwell or at Wylie it'll almost be a home game.

How odd would it be if Wylie plays on our field for a playoff game one week and we turn around and play on theirs the next?

I kind of wish it were at Wylie... I'm just not a Shotwell fan, and we've already won at Wylie once this year.

But it is confirmed for Shotwell.

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Crap. You know there's that thing with us and Shot-to-hell Stadium in the playoffs.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2010, 12:35 AM
This one will get ugly real quick. What was the Borger/Seminole final?

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 12:35 AM
35-7

Tin Cup
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
We can't overlook any team at this point. Any post borgers schedule/results

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Borger is 7-4 overall.

8/27/10 35-28 loss to Randall (10-2, still in playoffs)
9/03/10 28-7 loss to Caprock (8-3, lost in 1st Round)
9/10/10 29-7 win against Bushland (7-4, lost in 1st Round)
9/17/10 25-0 win against Dumas (4-6, did not make playoffs)
9/24/10 21-6 loss to Graham (8-3. lost in 1st Round)
10/01/10 21-15 loss to Monahans (11-0, still in playoffs)
10/15/10 28-7 win against Pampa (3-7, did not make playoffs)
10/22/10 12-3 win against Dalhart (10-1, still in playoffs)
10/29/10 28-14 win against Perryton (2-7, did not make playoffs)
11/13/10 (Round 1) 34-21 win against Shallowater (6-5)
11/19/10 (Round 2) 35-7 win against Seminole(5-8)

Looks like they have had some good and bad moments. They were Dalhart's only loss and they played undefeated Monahans to within a touchdown.

They also got trounced by Graham, who in turn got destroyed by us.

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Borger has a great run D, quick but secondary is shady..Their O is horrible..They have a good enough D to stay in a game but not enough O to win if they fall behind 14..All Brownwood has to do is score 21 and its game over.Which I see Brownwood having no problem doing.

BwdLion_80
11-20-2010, 01:48 AM
It is pretty apparent that if you want to beat Brownwood, you had better be able to score and score often! I know that any team can beat another team on any given day, but, so far, no team has been able to really slow our O down.

garciap77
11-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Will be at Shotwell Stadium, Friday 7:30 PM. I believe I heard Brownwood will be on the west side (which is home side I'm assuming).

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

navajo joe
11-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Borger has a great run D, quick but secondary is shady..Their O is horrible..They have a good enough D to stay in a game but not enough O to win if they fall behind 14..All Brownwood has to do is score 21 and its game over.Which I see Brownwood having no problem doing. Borger very underated , they killed our spread offense , very quick football team ,congrats to the bulldogs and to our boys (seminole) for a great year , Also congrats to Brownwood on another win. Go win state for west texas.

IHStangFan
11-20-2010, 01:55 AM
BW will cruise through their cakewalk schedule until they meet a decent team. Let the record state.....

1st yr in 3A: no playoffs

2nd yr in 3A: cruised until they met Wimberley.

This year will be no different. They will be railroaded by the first good team they meet.

:devil:

Pendragon13
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
I kind of wish it were at Wylie... I'm just not a Shotwell fan, and we've already won at Wylie once this year.

But it is confirmed for Shotwell. Shotwell sucks, Wylies pressbox is 10x what they have at Shotwell...and we now have the seating capacity for a 3A playoff game.

Rocket
11-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
BW will cruise through their cakewalk schedule until they meet a decent team. Let the record state.....

1st yr in 3A: no playoffs

2nd yr in 3A: cruised until they met Wimberley.

This year will be no different. They will be railroaded by the first good team they meet.

:devil:

Hmm...

Iowa Park was 8-2
Bridgeport was 9-2

Your shtick sucks. Kinda like the team you support.
Bow before the true #1.

Rocket
11-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Shotwell sucks, Wylies pressbox is 10x what they have at Shotwell...and we now have the seating capacity for a 3A playoff game.

We need the Shotwell Capacity. Sorry Wylie.

BEAST
11-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
We need the Shotwell Capacity. Sorry Wylie.

Exactly. We filled the home side of Stephenvilles stadium plus about a third of the visitor. Not to mention, standing room only.

BEAST

95mustang
11-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Exactly. We filled the home side of Stephenvilles stadium plus about a third of the visitor. Not to mention, standing room only.

BEAST

I heard the estimated count for Brownwood fans tonight was 6,000.

IHStangFan
11-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Hmm...

Iowa Park was 8-2
Bridgeport was 9-2

Your shtick sucks. Kinda like the team you support.
Bow before the true #1. shtick? Their schedules were just as weak as yours. BW's schedule is a joke. When they meet someone w/ talent they will go down bringing you crashing back down to earth w/ them. ;) If anyone's shtick sucks it is yours. I guess if you go around talking about how BW will win it all EVERY YEAR...you're bound to be right EVENTUALLY.....just not this year...but alas...we'll see ya next year Rocket. It never gets old watching you and your team go down in flames after your predictable, played, excessive diarrhea of the mouth. :thumbsup: Gotta love ya some Rocket people!! :clap:

Tin Cup
11-20-2010, 02:22 AM
We had a huge crowd as usual. I was shocked at the low turnout for bport.

As for Borger, we need to play our game and eliminate stupid penalties and mistakes. I thought we were very watch the play, not make the play on defense tonight and I'd like to see us bring the wood against borger.

Tin Cup
11-20-2010, 02:24 AM
shtick? Their schedules were just as weak as yours. BW's schedule is a joke. When they meet someone w/ talent they will go down bringing you crashing back down to earth w/ them. ;) If anyone's shtick sucks it is yours. I guess if you go around talking about how BW will win it all EVERY YEAR...you're bound to be right EVENTUALLY.....just not this year...but alas...we'll see ya next year Rocket. It never gets old watching you and your team go down in flames after your predictable, played, excessive diarrhea of the mouth. :thumbsup: Gotta love ya some Rocket people!! :clap:

You really need to come watch us play. So far we've played 12 bad team so maybe we can get lucky and play 4 more cupcakes.

Louie13
11-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

And there's going to be a bigger crowd in Abilene than there was tonight in S-ville. Seating is needed!

And sorry Wylie, but there is not enough parking on your visitor side when that side is full. Maybe there's an alternate lot, but no one was out there directing people to it???

Louie13
11-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup

As for Borger, we need to play our game and eliminate stupid penalties and mistakes. I thought we were very watch the play, not make the play on defense tonight and I'd like to see us bring the wood against borger.

I couldn't agree more. This game left me "concerned". I guess if you were not at the game, you would say 61-31, what more do you want. Very different if you are there.

I missed having Chastain play. He adds a lot and I'm very sorry for his injury and hope he is well enough to return when he is needed.

In the second half, they BP practically matched us score for score. That's the half where we usually sort it out during the break and come back and take a team to the woodshed. Didn't see that.

So we need to focus hard on Borger, play smart, and toughen up that D.

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 10:22 AM
shtick? Their schedules were just as weak as yours. BW's schedule is a joke. When they meet someone w/ talent they will go down bringing you crashing back down to earth w/ them. ;) If anyone's shtick sucks it is yours. I guess if you go around talking about how BW will win it all EVERY YEAR...you're bound to be right EVENTUALLY.....just not this year...but alas...we'll see ya next year Rocket. It never gets old watching you and your team go down in flames after your predictable, played, excessive diarrhea of the mouth. :thumbsup: Gotta love ya some Rocket people!! :clap:

That must be why 8 of the 12 teams we have played so far have posted winning records this year. And at least 4 of those were teams with a recent history of great programs.

...and 7 of them were playoff teams. And 2 of them are still in it at this point. And two if them were in SC games last season.

Do I really need to continue?

BwdLions
11-20-2010, 10:31 AM

You're a joke IH. You're obviously jealous over our success. Get over it goober. :rolleyes:

ccmom
11-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Louie13
And there's going to be a bigger crowd in Abilene than there was tonight in S-ville. Seating is needed!

And sorry Wylie, but there is not enough parking on your visitor side when that side is full. Maybe there's an alternate lot, but no one was out there directing people to it??? Louee...no need to apologize...in case you didn't notice it was Brownwood posters who brought up playing at Wylie...not someone from Wylie. But since we are on the subject...our stadium does have more seating capacity than Gordon Wood AND the guys get to use these new fangle things called urinals in our restrooms. Oh and the pressbox is top notch as well. Geez I'm so sorry y'all had to walk from you cars to get to your seats. What a travesty. :rolleyes: I guess we'll need to get valet parking to make y'all more comfortable.

I think Shotwell has ample capacity to suit your needs. Hopefully the parking will meet your high standards as well. :rolleyes: ;)

Tin Cup
11-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I heard valet was only available to rich wylie fans and refs

Bosqueville
11-20-2010, 11:09 AM
There are those eye rolls I love!

jason
11-20-2010, 11:14 AM
i was at the game last night...

good crowd, there was some overflow of brownwood fans to the bridgeport side, but those fans did not take up 1/3 of the visitor side, there were just sporadic groups of brownwood fans here and there...

we did notice a lot of people who were there just to watch (like us) and had no affiliation with either team...

there were a few running their mouths when that bridgeport player went down and they were getting hell (rightfully so) from the bridgeport fans around them, one of which was the players mom, she wasn't too happy...

they (brownwood) didnt' look as invincible last night as they have in the past few weeks - teams definitely aren't going to roll over once they tee it up....

ccmom
11-20-2010, 11:19 AM
I heard valet was only available to rich wylie fans and refs Exactly!! Pay your dues and get the benefits! :rolleyes:

:D

ccmom
11-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
There are those eye rolls I love! Those are words I bet I never hear from my husband! :thinking:

BullsFan
11-20-2010, 11:26 AM

It's a longer drive for us, and for people who couldn't get out of work early enough the stands were full before we got there. I had friends sitting on the stairs and standing in the end zones who got there 30 minutes before game time. Not to mention you guys are over three times our size. If you guys had 6K in attendance, that's more than the total population of Bridgeport. :)

I will be quite amused to see some of these people making light of Brownwood's schedule when they actually play Brownwood, assuming they make it that far. :D

jason
11-20-2010, 11:30 AM
my brother and i were actually impressed with the size of the bridgeport crowd - it wasn't as big as brownwood's as early, but once the game got close and started, they had plenty of fan support...

WildTexan972
11-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Borger is 7-4 overall.

Looks like they have had some good and bad moments. They were Dalhart's only loss and they played undefeated Monahans to within a touchdown.

Pampa did make the playoffs and lost in round 1....

Pendragon13
11-20-2010, 12:15 PM

And sorry Wylie, but there is not enough parking on your visitor side when that side is full. Maybe there's an alternate lot, but no one was out there directing people to it??? Yeah, it's the big lot next to the indoor practice facility where all the tailgaters are set up. You do have to cruise through the home side parking to get there though. Don't really care if ya'll use our stadium or not...just if I go to the game I would much rather see it in Bulldog stadium than that relic of the early 70's that still has a pressbox with no a/c or heat and giant lighting columns with no lights on them.:doh: You would never know that two successful 5A schools and a very good D2 college team all use that kind of facility.

Pendragon13
11-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I heard valet was only available to rich wylie fans and refs No valet for refs....they are dropped off curbside by limos.:D

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Pampa did make the playoffs and lost in round 1....

My mistake. Maxpreps didn't show them playing a playoff game.

squid
11-20-2010, 04:36 PM

And sorry Wylie, but there is not enough parking on your visitor side when that side is full. Maybe there's an alternate lot, but no one was out there directing people to it???

Not true. Wylie had one of its principals standing at the SE corner of the Doghouse. He had a traffic wand and reflective vest and was directing the overflow to the drive along the east side of the doghouse. There is a large parking lot north of the field that Brownwood people didnt want to use. I work at about half of Wylie's games each year, there have been larger crowds than what Brownwood brought with no parking problems.

Looking4number8
11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by squid
Not true. Wylie had one of its principals standing at the SE corner of the Doghouse. He had a traffic wand and reflective vest and was directing the overflow to the drive along the east side of the doghouse. There is a large parking lot north of the field that Brownwood people didnt want to use. I work at about half of Wylie's games each year, there have been larger crowds than what Brownwood brought with no parking problems.

Ther was lots of parking back there, until this year I had never seen this lot before though. One question though, there was a gate entrance from that lot but it never opened. Why do they not open that gate and collect tickets there instead of making people walk next to oncoming traffic. Understand, I am not complaining about the wak just saw a couple of small kids in front of us way way to close to on coming cars

upper20
11-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Ther was lots of parking back there, until this year I had never seen this lot before though. One question though, there was a gate entrance from that lot but it never opened. Why do they not open that gate and collect tickets there instead of making people walk next to oncoming traffic. Understand, I am not complaining about the wak just saw a couple of small kids in front of us way way to close to on coming cars

There is a gate and ticket booth in the North end zone - West side of the concession stand. I entered there around 6:30 that night and saw several Brownwood fans enter there as well.

Where does the home crowd park at Gordon Wood? The lot on the home side is not much larger than Wylie's visitor lot.

ccmom
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by upper20
There is a gate and ticket booth in the North end zone - West side of the concession stand. I entered there around 6:30 that night and saw several Brownwood fans enter there as well.

Where does the home crowd park at Gordon Wood? The lot on the home side is not much larger than Wylie's visitor lot. I saw all those people walking along the road and wondered why in the world they were taking that route. :confused: I figured maybe they were already tanked up on maroonshine, so I just shrugged it off. ;)

Z-RO
11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
35-7

If Borger is lucky

Looking4number8
11-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by upper20

Where does the home crowd park at Gordon Wood? The lot on the home side is not much larger than Wylie's visitor lot.

I guess the gate on the home side was open but not the visitors side. Did not see the entrance or people going in over there. I guess I am just a follower and was just following the crowd.

there is huge parking across the small creek. Even a maroon bridge to cross to get to the game. I always thought it was strange that our visitors parking had more paved parking than our home parking even though it is also for all of the city baseball fields that are over there

Originally posted by ccmom
I saw all those people walking along the road and wondered why in the world they were taking that route. :confused: I figured maybe they were already tanked up on maroonshine, so I just shrugged it off. ;)

no moonshine for us. we are more of a black label beer crowd

Louie13
11-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Louee...no need to apologize...in case you didn't notice it was Brownwood posters who brought up playing at Wylie...not someone from Wylie. But since we are on the subject...our stadium does have more seating capacity than Gordon Wood AND the guys get to use these new fangle things called urinals in our restrooms. Oh and the pressbox is top notch as well. Geez I'm so sorry y'all had to walk from you cars to get to your seats. What a travesty. :rolleyes: I guess we'll need to get valet parking to make y'all more comfortable.

I think Shotwell has ample capacity to suit your needs. Hopefully the parking will meet your high standards as well. :rolleyes: ;)

Ohhhhhh. Touchy. Maybe I ended my comment with ???, meaning maybe someone could tell me where the extra parking is--first time I was there. And I never heard me complain about walking and as far as parking I got there at 5:30. No problem. I was referring to other people who were having trouble. But I guess I shud not concern myself with other people problems and their high standards, huh. Oh guess you didn't read the comment I made a few weeks back about your video board being really GREAT and ours sucking and I have heard your Press box is super. Is there anything else I need to brag on to offset your perceived slight of my comment about your facility.
As Beast say, Dont start none-wont be none

bobcat1
11-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Ohhhhhh. Touchy. Maybe I ended my comment with ???, meaning maybe someone could tell me where the extra parking is--first time I was there. And I never heard me complain about walking and as far as parking I got there at 5:30. No problem. I was referring to other people who were having trouble. But I guess I shud not concern myself with other people problems and their high standards, huh. Oh guess you didn't read the comment I made a few weeks back about your video board being really GREAT and ours sucking and I have heard your Press box is super. Is there anything else I need to brag on to offset your perceived slight of my comment about your facility.
As Beast say, Dont start none-wont be none CATFIGHT!:1popcorn:

Louie13
11-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Yeah, it's the big lot next to the indoor practice facility where all the tailgaters are set up. You do have to cruise through the home side parking to get there though. Don't really care if ya'll use our stadium or not...just if I go to the game I would much rather see it in Bulldog stadium than that relic of the early 70's that still has a pressbox with no a/c or heat and giant lighting columns with no lights on them.:doh: You would never know that two successful 5A schools and a very good D2 college team all use that kind of facility.

:ditto:

Good Info. Thanks - that's what I wanted to know.
Gee I like Shotwell. It brings back a lot of memories for me when Bwd used to play Cooper there, back in 1970's. I did not realize it was in such bad shape. I have been enlightened!:) Their new restroom had me impressed. Guess it doesn't take much to impress me! LOL

gonktacular
11-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
If Borger is lucky

lol, that was the score in the Borger-Seminole game in response to someone asking.

My BW/Borger prediction?

Ugly.

ccmom
11-20-2010, 07:57 PM

As Beast say, Dont start none-wont be none Okaaaay....I'll consider myself warned. :rolleyes:

Rocket
11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Okaaaay....I'll consider myself warned. :rolleyes:

Am I going to have to separate you two? grow up... :D

garciap77
11-20-2010, 08:42 PM
As Beast say, Dont start none-wont be none

Easy Lady BEAST!!!!:D

;)

ccmom
11-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Am I going to have to separate you two? grow up... :D I actually laughed out loud at the thought of you trying :D :D

Rocket
11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I actually laughed out loud at the thought of you trying :D :D

Oh goodness...easily.

defense51
11-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Brownwood continues to roll, not sure they can be stopped this year. One of those years for them that everything clicks and rolls their way.

GR Tiger_14
11-21-2010, 12:23 AM

Man I like the way you think. I was in the same boat as you for awhile. But eventually you just gotta go with Brownwood. There hasn't been anyone to challenge them. If they do lose I will get a kick out of it cause that is all that is talked about on the 3ADL. Might as well become a BW fan though, it is better to be someone on here talking good about them than talking bad. There are already too many BW members on here. I feel ya though Rocket is a chump. :D

bwdlionfan
11-21-2010, 01:20 AM
our stadium does have more seating capacity than Gordon Wood AND we get to use these new fangle things called urinals in our restrooms.

I know we haven't met... but I never imagined you pee while standing up....

go blue 64
11-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Borger is 7-4 overall.

Let me see if I got this right, you say you are going to win by only 35 to 7
to a team that got beat by Graham whom you "destroyed" 37 to 7 (which happened to be your fewest points and closet game all year).:confused: :( :rolleyes: :thinking:

BwdLion_80
11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by go blue 64
to a team that got beat by Graham whom you "destroyed" 37 to 7 (which happened to be your fewest points and closet game all year).:confused: :( :rolleyes: :thinking:

I don't see the 35-7 prediction!:thinking: :thinking:

M-town lobo fan
11-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Borger has the best D that Monahans has faced all year.If Brownwood puts 70 on them. Their wont be a team thats gonna stop Brownwood..Borger wont be able to match Brownwood point for point but dont be surprised with their D..

OPERATOR
11-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Brownwood in a slaying! 30+

Rocket
11-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Borger has the best D that Monahans has faced all year.If Brownwood puts 70 on them. Their wont be a team thats gonna stop Brownwood..Borger wont be able to match Brownwood point for point but dont be surprised with their D..

Brownwood will put 60 on them. ;) Defenses cannot last against Brownwood. They get gassed. When will you people get it?

Teams have not seen anything like Brownwood. And what does the Monahans Wing-T have to do with the spread and the weapons Brownwood has? My goodness... THINK.

Tin Cup
11-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Who are the "players to watch" for Borger. I know nothing except they have some big boys and run the ball

gonktacular
11-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by go blue 64

The original 35-7 post I made was the Borger-Seminole score. It was in response to someone asking what it was.

Tin Cup
11-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Brownwood 56
Borger 10

Inmateboss
11-21-2010, 10:40 AM
I saw all those people walking along the road and wondered why in the world they were taking that route. :confused: I figured maybe they were already tanked up on maroonshine, so I just shrugged it off. ;)

Classic... LMAO :D :D

BwdLion_80
11-21-2010, 10:59 AM
tanked up on maroonshine

We make a fresh batch each week! We can make a little extra for you this week if you would like to come on over and watch the Lions! It really is some good stuff!!!!:D :D

Snyder_TigerFan
11-21-2010, 11:09 AM

I seriously doubt this will be the best defense that B-wood has seen. Borger has not played a team of this caliber all year. This one will be ugly early.

ccmom
11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
We make a fresh batch each week! We can make a little extra for you this week if you would like to come on over and watch the Lions! It really is some good stuff!!!!:D :D Sign me up!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deuce
11-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I seriously doubt this will be the best defense that B-wood has seen. Borger has not played a team of this caliber all year. This one will be ugly early.

Agree! Having watched Snyder and Borger both play Graham, I would say that Borgers defense is not even close to as good as Snyders. This game will be over before it starts. IMO I think that this will be Brownwoods easiest playoff game so far. Really think that Bwoods 1st two opponents could beat Borger.

Final Score= As bad as Coach Shipley wants it to be!

Inmateboss
11-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Sign me up!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't do it mom, it's in a glass jug with a screw on lid!!:eek:

Looking4number8
11-21-2010, 06:18 PM
score predictions please

BullBoy
11-21-2010, 06:21 PM
49-0 at the half in favor of brownwood.

just my guess but what do i know? i'm just a crazy fan of texas high school football.:rolleyes:

2-ONES
11-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You're a joke IH. You're obviously jealous over our success. Get over it goober. :rolleyes:

He is no joke, he lives down here in real football country.

#1 TEXAN
11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
This game will be over at the end of the first quarter

Rocket
11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 2-ONES
He is no joke, he lives down here in real football country.

Lol you may live in real football country, but the best football is being played by Brownwood.

#1 TEXAN
11-21-2010, 06:59 PM
60-6 lions

Looking4number8
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I am gonna say 62-14

navajo joe
11-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Borger has the best D that Monahans has faced all year.If Brownwood puts 70 on them. Their wont be a team thats gonna stop Brownwood..Borger wont be able to match Brownwood point for point but dont be surprised with their D.. they do have a stiff defense was very surprised with them they shut our spread offense down , and they blitzed on every other play we ran.

bwdlionfan
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by navajo joe
they do have a stiff defense was very surprised with them they shut our spread offense down , and they blitzed on every other play we ran.

I bet they blitz us a lot

Tin Cup
11-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Do they have a good secondary? Shutting down Seminole's spread doesn't sound like that tough of a challenge. If they keep us under 40 I'll say they have a great defense. I don't mean to sound arrogant but it's just amazing to see this group. Been a fun ride. Thank God I'm a Brownwood Lion!

Bosqueville
11-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Gonna be a cold night Friday!

skins4life
11-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Who are the "players to watch" for Borger. I know nothing except they have some big boys and run the ball

The ones in the red & white uniforms. :D :D

ccmom
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Gonna be a cold night Friday! How cold? I was thinking of coming to watch the game since it'll be here, but for some reason it's not as easy to tolerate nasty weather in the stands when your team isn't playing. :( I might snuggle up to the computer and listen to Dallas Huston, instead! :D

Looking4number8
11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
How cold? I was thinking of coming to watch the game since it'll be here, but for some reason it's not as easy to tolerate nasty weather in the stands when your team isn't playing. :( I might snuggle up to the computer and listen to Dallas Huston, instead! :D

Whimp

Rocket
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
How cold? I was thinking of coming to watch the game since it'll be here, but for some reason it's not as easy to tolerate nasty weather in the stands when your team isn't playing. :( I might snuggle up to the computer and listen to Dallas Huston, instead! :D

I don't blame you one bit. But it is in your backyard. Whimp.

Bosqueville
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't blame you one bit. But it is in your backyard. Whimp.

Lows Friday night in the upper 20's. But dry! I have to meet you CCMOM!

ccmom
11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Lows Friday night in the upper 20's. But dry! I have to meet you CCMOM! Groupies...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It'll probably be a game time decision. ;)

ccmom
11-21-2010, 10:10 PM
I know we haven't met... but I never imagined you pee while standing up.... Haha...actually after the Snyder scare, I avoid the ladies rooms period! :eek: :eek: Rumors of me being a "whimp" are pretty accurate! :D

bwdlionfan
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Haha...actually after the Snyder scare, I avoid the ladies rooms period! :eek: :eek: Rumors of me being a "whimp" are pretty accurate! :D

I've read about this Snyder scare, but haven't actually heard the story....

Rocket
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Borger must really suck. We are talking about ccmom's pee tactics and her being a whimp, which is a given... :rolleyes:

Louie13
11-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Lions 56
Borger 14

Inmateboss
11-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Borger must really suck. We are talking about ccmom's pee tactics and her being a whimp, which is a given... :rolleyes:

Hey are they allowed to talk about other stuff on a Brownwood thread???Gees how rude!!:eek:

garciap77
11-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Lions 98
Borger 0

GO Lions!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I_DONT_CARE
11-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Hey are they allowed to talk about other stuff on a Brownwood thread???Gees how rude!!:eek:
MUCH LIKE SOME FROM BROWNWOOD JUMPING IN OTHER GAME THREADS TO TALK ABOUT HOW BAD BROWNWOOD WILL DEMOLISH THEM. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

garciap77
11-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
MUCH LIKE SOME FROM BROWNWOOD JUMPING IN OTHER GAME THREADS TO TALK ABOUT HOW BAD BROWNWOOD WILL DEMOLISH THEM. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

91 lion
11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Brownwood 68
Borger 13

Ranger Mom
11-22-2010, 09:16 AM

LOL!! I forgot just how much I actually missed you!!!!

Rocket
11-22-2010, 11:02 AM

Who cares?

ccmom
11-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Who cares?

Not him! :p

BwdLions
11-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by squid

From about 6:30 to gametime, there was not anyone standing over near the Doghouse directing people. I stood on the top row and watched. There were a few people that drove on the other side of the buidling to get to the other parking lot, but most people didn't know it was there. They need someone (or another sign) on the fence pointing that direction. I know there's a sign on the front of the building that points to the right, but once cars started parking in front of the building, it covered the sign up.

ccmom
11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
From about 6:30 to gametime, there was not anyone standing over near the Doghouse directing people. I stood on the top row and watched. There were a few people that drove on the other side of the buidling to get to the other parking lot, but most people didn't know it was there. They need someone (or another sign) on the fence pointing that direction. I know there's a sign on the front of the building that points to the right, but once cars started parking in front of the building, it covered the sign up.

It's probably because Officer Squid wasn't on duty that night to make sure everything was done right! :thumbsup:

It sounds like you are making some reasonable suggestions that would help in the future. Hopefully they will get that problem addressed so that parking options are more clearly labeled for visitors. It really was a mess that night and probably dangerous to have so many people walking along the busy street.

BWDCindie
11-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Final Score= As bad as Coach Shipley wants it to be! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! Just play us clean- that's all I know!

Louie13
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I sent 3 newspaper articles to WOS87 regarding the 1981 Brownwood vs Borger semifinal match. Look for them in the Brownwood History records if you are interested in reading about the results of that game and that 1981 State Championship team. He should be posting them in the next day or so.

GO 2010 LIONS!

2-ONES
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Here....kitty..kitty..kitty.

Rocket
11-22-2010, 07:11 PM

You don't want none of this cat, junior.

garciap77
11-22-2010, 07:22 PM

OK!
Now you did it!!!!:D

Lions 100
Borger 0

;)

bobcat1
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
OK!
Now you did it!!!!:D

Lions 100
Borger 0

;) Poor Borger. :dispntd:

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 08:03 AM
ttt

bobcat1
11-23-2010, 08:05 AM
ttt LMAO was your thread lonely not being front page?

Sweetwater Red
11-23-2010, 08:20 AM
You don't want none of this cat, junior.

I just watched Sweeny play and I wouldn't be
surprised if this match up happened. At the
risk of pissing off my Lobo and Tiger friends I
say Sweeny would beat either by 21+.

Looking4number8
11-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
LMAO was your thread lonely not being front page?

yep:)

Louie13
11-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Where oh where, Amarillo or Abilene
Rillo drive would have sure been mean;

Glad Coach Shipley won the flip
That took care of a mighty long trip;

10,000 fans, rabid and loud, we’ll surely be
Cause half won’t be sitting in Dublin with nothing to see;

Opponents have said Lion fans are too loud
Thanks for the compliment, we’re really proud;

Lions are ready to rip and roar
Just ask Brown, Shipley, and Longor...;

In this Thanksgiving weekend game today
This you can bet--Lions won’t be led astray;

So bring your seatbelts and strap in
Blastoff provided by the Lion Den;

Down to Abilene, Borger shall come
But that trip home will be mighty glum;

Bulldogs pack up your pads and get out the bb suit
That Regional trophy is Lion loot!

GO LIONS!

Tin Cup
11-23-2010, 09:42 AM
I bet we have 6500 or so this week in abilene. But if we win and play on Saturday next week we may have 8 or 9000

BullBoy
11-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I bet we have 6500 or so this week in abilene. But if we win and play on Saturday next week we may have 8 or 9000 save me a seat next week:D . i'll more than likely go watch.:1popcorn:

BwdLions
11-23-2010, 11:39 AM
I sent 3 newspaper articles to WOS87 regarding the 1981 Brownwood vs Borger semifinal match. Look for them in the Brownwood History records if you are interested in reading about the results of that game and that 1981 State Championship team. He should be posting them in the next day or so.

GO 2010 LIONS!

I appreciate that Louie. It was a cold night in Snyder when we played Borger in the quarterfinals in 81. I remember their QB was the fastest player we'd ever played against. I thought he went to UT to play football, but I can't remember his name.

bwdlionfan
11-23-2010, 12:19 PM
I bet we have 6500 or so this week in abilene. But if we win and play on Saturday next week we may have 8 or 9000

Is next week going to be on Saturday? Shipley said he wanted to keep games on Friday

ccmom
11-23-2010, 01:04 PM
So, IF Brownwood and Snyder meet up next week, it will be in Abilene? Is that right?

I was just thinking that there's a possibility of Brownwood/Snyder AND Abilene High/Cooper all at Shotwell on the same weekend. It might not happen but it could. That sounds like a fun weekend to me!! :thumbsup:

Black_Magic
11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
So, IF Brownwood and Snyder meet up next week, it will be in Abilene? Is that right?

I was just thinking that there's a possibility of Brownwood/Snyder AND Abilene High/Cooper all at Shotwell on the same weekend. It might not happen but it could. That sounds like a fun weekend to me!! :thumbsup: If it does, are you going to sit with the cool folks or the turds?

ccmom
11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
If it does, are you going to sit with the cool folks or the turds? I'll be with the always cool Cooper Cougars.

Surely that's the game you were referring to, right? :cool:

Bushtrimmer
11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I'll bring the flatbed! Bales of hay will be added just for mom. Football and a hay ride, that is some kinda fun.

Black_Magic
11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
I'll be with the always cool Cooper Cougars.

Surely that's the game you were referring to, right? :cool: Im talking about your refrence to a posible matchup between BW and Snyder. you know. :rolleyes:

garciap77
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm sitting with the GODFATHER and his Consigliere; if it happens(BW vs Snyder)!:D

ccmom
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Im talking about your refrence to a posible matchup between BW and Snyder. you know. :rolleyes:

Gotcha...;)

Well, that's a tough one. If I sit on the Snyder side, I'll be scared to go to the bathroom alone. :eek: ;)

On the other hand, I'm sure the Brownwood side will be totally full by midnight the night before kickoff :rolleyes: :taunt:

So, it's a tough call. :doh: :thinking:

DaHop72
11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm sitting with the GODFATHER and his Consigliere; if it happens(BW vs Snyder)!:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
11-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Gotcha...;)

Well, that's a tough one. If I sit on the Snyder side, I'll be scared to go to the bathroom alone. :eek: ;)

On the other hand, I'm sure the Brownwood side will be totally full by midnight the night before kickoff :rolleyes: :taunt:

So, it's a tough call. :doh: :thinking: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Louie13
11-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I appreciate that Louie. It was a cold night in Snyder when we played Borger in the quarterfinals in 81. I remember their QB was the fastest player we'd ever played against. I thought he went to UT to play football, but I can't remember his name.

Ya'll did a heck of a job that day. The QB's name was Tony Tillman. It says in the Brownwood Bulletin, "The Bulldogs got no closer to the Lion goal than the 39, and that came via a 15-yard penalty against the Brownwood defense on the last play of the opening half. It was another in a string of superlative performances by a Lion defense that has shut out five of its last seven opponents.".....

It also says Tony limped off the field after being sacked by Mike Kinsey. Hopefully WOS87 will get that link posted soon.

BwdLions
11-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Ya'll did a heck of a job that day. The QB's name was Tony Tillman. It says in the Brownwood Bulletin, "The Bulldogs got no closer to the Lion goal than the 39, and that came via a 15-yard penalty against the Brownwood defense on the last play of the opening half. It was another in a string of superlative performances by a Lion defense that has shut out five of its last seven opponents.".....

It also says Tony limped off the field after being sacked by Mike Kinsey. Hopefully WOS87 will get that link posted soon.

I thought it was Tony Tillman, but I wasn't sure. I believe he went on and played four years at Texas as a WR. I remember him leaving the game in 81, but I couldn't remember how he got hurt. Thanks!

hollywood
11-24-2010, 04:07 PM
So what's this Borger team like? How is their offense?

Don't know much about them.

Fill me in.

Rocket
11-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Typical Panhandle team. Think Dalhart last year. They are big upfront and will run the ball alot. They will get behind by 21 and game over.

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Typical Panhandle team. Think Dalhart last year. They are big upfront and will run the ball alot. They will get behind by 21 and game over. In the 1st quarter???

Rocket
11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
In the 1st quarter???

Very possible. That is the pattern. I do not think they have much of a passing game and I know they haven't seen a passing game like Brownwood. They will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to cover us up (kinda like Snyder).

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Typical Panhandle team. Think Dalhart last year. They are big upfront and will run the ball alot. They will get behind by 21 and game over.
So you've seen Borger play? Or just watched film?

Which "typical" Panhandle team are you referring to? "Typical" Canadian? "Typical" Stratford? Or some other "typical" Panhandle team? :thinking: :thinking:

hollywood
11-24-2010, 04:56 PM

I kinda figured that but needed more clarification!;)

I think they will be shell shocked when the Lions hit the field. They have prepped all week for it, but it's NOTHING like the real deal.

hollywood
11-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Which "typical" Panhandle team are you referring to? "Typical" Canadian? "Typical" Stratford? Or some other "typical" Panhandle team? :thinking: :thinking:

Put it this way, if Graham beat them 21-6, it's going to be a shellacking!

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I keep hearing they have a good defense. I'll make a prediction we score 1 TD per 5 offensive plays

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Put it this way, if Graham beat them 21-6, it's going to be a shellacking!
Oh, I'm smart enough to know to what he was eluding, but took the opportunity to throw a little reminder that there's some really GOOD teams in the Panhandle. ;)

ccmom
11-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I kinda figured that but needed more clarification!;)

I think they will be shell shocked when the Lions hit the field. They have prepped all week for it, but it's NOTHING like the real deal. I have a feeling your response would have been similar to this even if someone posted that Borger is equivalent to Pittsburg Steelers. Not sure why you bothered to ask...:doh: :rolleyes:

Cheers! :D

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
15 Borger votes...

Monahans and/or Snyder praying for a miracle :thinking:

Rocket
11-24-2010, 05:17 PM

A typical panhandle team that's about to get rolled. How about that? Name a good 3A panhandle team that's been ranked in the Top 10 in the last 3 years, besides Estacado. Hmmmmmmmm...

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2010, 05:40 PM
A typical panhandle team that's about to get rolled. How about that? Name a good 3A panhandle team that's been ranked in the Top 10 in the last 3 years, besides Estacado. Hmmmmmmmm...
Estacado isn't in the Panhandle. :doh: I don't memorize the rankings from week to week, though, so I'm going to guess "none". Not the last 3 years, but I do remember that in 2005 (I think that's the year!) Perryton was ranked # 1 early on, until they lost. Manor moved up for one week until we beat them, then Cuero moved up and stayed there the rest of the season. :nerd:

Rocket
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I would say Lubbock is considered panhandle more than West Texas. Thanks for proving my point tho.

DaHop72
11-24-2010, 06:28 PM
15 Borger votes...

Monahans and/or Snyder praying for a miracle :thinking: Trust me, it wasn't me. I'm hoping for a rematch, not afraid of the mystic, I've seen it first hand.:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
15 Borger votes...

Monahans and/or Snyder praying for a miracle :thinking:

I vote for the underdog whenever a poster adds a poll to a game thread that is going
to be an obvious blowout. I guess there are 14 copycats out there. :thinking: :D

hollywood
11-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I have a feeling your response would have been similar to this even if someone posted that Borger is equivalent to Pittsburg Steelers. Not sure why you bothered to ask...:doh: :rolleyes:

Cheers! :D

Cheers! Tink, tink. ;)

Sooooooo, are y'all going to any games this weekend or what? Football that is.

ccmom
11-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Cheers! Tink, tink. ;)

Sooooooo, are y'all going to any games this weekend or what? Football that is.

Well, I thought about going to watch your burgundy boys Friday, but I'm a bit worried. When the Cooper principal says "Ms CC, you are not to be anywhere near Shotwell Stadium on Friday nights...ever!", do you think he really means never ever again? :thinking: Surely there is a statute of limitations on that sort of thing. Maybe they won't recognize me in purple. :thinking: :devil: :D

Rocket
11-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Trust me, it wasn't me. I'm hoping for a rematch, not afraid of the mystic, I've seen it first hand.:devil: :devil:

Just remember. Brownwood beat Snider by 41. That is more than double the total amount of points Snider scored. Just an observation...

Looking4number8
11-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Well, I thought about going to watch your burgundy boys Friday, but I'm a bit worried. When the Cooper principal says "Ms CC, you are not to be anywhere near Shotwell Stadium on Friday nights...ever!", do you think he really means never ever again? :thinking: Surely there is a statute of limitations on that sort of thing. Maybe they won't recognize me in purple. :thinking: :devil: :D

Now you are not allowed to hint about something like that and not give the full story!

ccmom
11-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Now you are not allowed to hint about something like that and not give the full story!

It was all just a big misunderstanding. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

Emerson1
11-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Brownwood by as many as they want.

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I would say Lubbock is considered panhandle more than West Texas. Thanks for proving my point tho.
It's the South Plains. Dude.....geography is your friend. :p (Good Lord, I hope you weren't a Texas Geography/History teacher. :doh: )

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
This geography stuff has gone far enough. If borger was in east texas it still wouldn't matter. :cool:

Inmateboss
11-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Gotcha...;)

So, it's a tough call. :doh: :thinking:

You can stand under the score board with me and Hop!!!

Tin Cup
11-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm closer to Pensacola, FL than I am Borger, TX. Geez!!!

Rocket
11-24-2010, 10:25 PM
It's the South Plains. Dude.....geography is your friend. :p (Good Lord, I hope you weren't a Texas Geography/History teacher. :doh: )

Oh sorry. Either way, my point is proven. :rolleyes: typical panhandle/south plains team... and you have nothing to offer to prove me wrong. Still waiting for your list of panhandle powerhouses.

Inmateboss
11-24-2010, 10:25 PM

Now Mom, I bet that kindly gentleman was just pulling your leg!! If it ain't on paper it never happened!!!

Hey Garcia want to go in halves on her bail just in case??? :thinking:

Rocket
11-24-2010, 10:26 PM

Purple Pansies

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Oh sorry. Either way, my point is proven. :rolleyes: typical panhandle/south plains team... and you have nothing to offer to prove me wrong. Still waiting for your list of panhandle powerhouses.
Answer this, if you will. Is it better to be highly ranked and not live up to the hype or to not be ranked at all? :thinking:

hollywood
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Answer this, if you will. Is it better to be highly ranked and not live up to the hype or to not be ranked at all? :thinking:

And your point being???

Answer all of us this, is it better to think you are baa-aack after beating a couple of really weak teams who are not even in the playoffs and are thump thumping like the mighty panthers? :rolleyes:

BwdLion_80
11-24-2010, 11:00 PM
And your point being???

Answer all of us this, is it better to think you are baa-aack after beating a couple of really weak teams who are not even in the playoffs and are thump thumping like the mighty panthers? :rolleyes:

:D :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

'Necks 2013-14
11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
shtick? Their schedules were just as weak as yours. BW's schedule is a joke. When they meet someone w/ talent they will go down bringing you crashing back down to earth w/ them. ;) If anyone's shtick sucks it is yours. I guess if you go around talking about how BW will win it all EVERY YEAR...you're bound to be right EVENTUALLY.....just not this year...but alas...we'll see ya next year Rocket. It never gets old watching you and your team go down in flames after your predictable, played, excessive diarrhea of the mouth. :thumbsup: Gotta love ya some Rocket people!! :clap: Way to bring it STANG!!!

Rocket
11-24-2010, 11:23 PM

Let me school you for a second.

There are 2 types of ranked teams.

The first is the poser. ie. Celina 2010
The second is the real deal. ie. Brownwood 2010

There are only 2 Rankings that matter in the end. #1 and #1.

Hey hollywood, it's good to be the best of the worst. Right?

Rocket
11-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Way to bring it STANG!!!

:rolleyes: Stang is a wanna be Rocket. Believe that. He believes in the Brownwood Lions more than I do. He is just trying to stir the pot. Don't believe the hype.

garciap77
11-24-2010, 11:44 PM

Where you in Lubbock last weekend?:D

;)

garciap77
11-24-2010, 11:47 PM

No! He was head of the Drama Dept.!:D

;)

garciap77
11-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Now Mom, I bet that kindly gentleman was just pulling your leg!! If it ain't on paper it never happened!!!

Hey Garcia want to go in halves on her bail just in case??? :thinking:

No problem! No bail required! I know people!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/nazi-1.gif

;)

Rocket
11-24-2010, 11:55 PM
No! He was head of the Drama Dept.!:D

;)

You big nerd. :nerd:

garciap77
11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
You big nerd. :nerd:

You Shetland pony jockey!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Mexican-Midget-Bullfighters-16rocket3.jpg

Go Brownwood! Beat Borger!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
11-24-2010, 11:59 PM

Hey hollywood, it's good to be the best of the worst. Right? I hope you don't bring the Poser Gods down on you foo foo. If you get lucky Brownwood might win a Championship this Century. Don't have a bad night. You have not had one yet but then you are still in Region 1. And you have not escaped there yet! :p

garciap77
11-25-2010, 12:05 AM
I hope he don't fail!:eek:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/07n1a0.jpg

;)

Rocket
11-25-2010, 12:16 AM
This has nothing to do with me. I am not playing in the game. You people are silly. Just making statements based on what I have seen. And from what I have seen, I am accurate.

Celina won't win another state championship in 3A. Brownwood won one in 4A after they moved up, in 1981... and all of you know the story after that...Celina's only hope is to drop down to 2A. Truth hurts...

Inmateboss
11-25-2010, 01:10 AM

;)

Dang man, thats a lot of ink!!! Thats like being at a car wreck, you don't want to look, but you just have to stare!!! LOL

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 11:47 AM
This has nothing to do with me. I am not playing in the game. You people are silly. Just making statements based on what I have seen. And from what I have seen, I am accurate.

Celina won't win another state championship in 3A. Brownwood won one in 4A after they moved up, in 1981... and all of you know the story after that...Celina's only hope is to drop down to 2A. Truth hurts... I am lmao at that statement. You are eating too much peyote in New Mexico. :D

wimbo_pro
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM

;)

Your first clue that the interview will not go well.

Rocket
11-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I am lmao at that statement. You are eating too much peyote in New Mexico. :D

Kind of scary, huh? If you would read my statement, you might actually see the truth...

hollywood
11-25-2010, 04:07 PM

Hey hollywood, it's good to be the best of the worst. Right?

You never know what you're going to get with some of these wanna be's. Lol

It's simple. If you can give Brownwood a game for 4 qtrs, then your team is legit. Otherwise, your team is just another blip in the way and another statistic in Brownwood's books!

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 08:33 PM
You never know what you're going to get with some of these wanna be's. Lol

It's simple. If you can give Brownwood a game for 4 qtrs, then your team is legit. Otherwise, your team is just another blip in the way and another statistic in Brownwood's books! Oh okay. Just thought I would wrap up your words for later.:evillol:

hollywood
11-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh okay. Just thought I would wrap up your words for later.:evillol:

Man, it's awfully quite in here tonight bobcat1. How was your Thanksgiving?

LionFan72
11-25-2010, 08:57 PM
23 hours, 30 minutes

Brownwood 28 Borger 0

Hfappy Thanksgiving! Go Lions!

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 09:11 PM

Man, it's awfully quite in here tonight bobcat1. How was your Thanksgiving? Good till Williams fumbled. I can't stand stupid mistakes and then to have the nerve to get up and smile about it. :flaming:

bobcat1
11-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Kind of scary, huh? If you would read my statement, you might actually see the truth... I read it. If not peyote, shrooms??:thinking:

Texas State
11-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Brownwood will win by as many as they want!
Ask Iowa Park

BLACK ATTACK
11-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Texas State
Brownwood will win by as many as they want!
Ask Iowa Park

Yeah, Iowa Park was a huge challenge.:rolleyes:

Tin Cup
11-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Yeah, Iowa Park was a huge challenge.:rolleyes:

And every other team we've played, right?! :doh:

Looking4number8
11-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Good Luck to my Brownwood Lions today!!!!!

Go Lions!

BwdLion_80
11-26-2010, 08:36 AM
And every other team we've played, right?! :doh:

Has to be correct! After all, we have beat the crap out of every team we played, so, there is no way we have played any teams that are good!!! We must have had the weakest schedule in all of high school football!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand:

Bullbatt
11-26-2010, 09:04 AM
I think we have played some above average teams. Bwoods offense simply puts too much pressure on the defense they are playing, too many weapons. The one glaring thing I have noticed about this Bwood team compared to other good teams we have had in the past that made early exits in the playoffs is the coaching. This staff can make adjustments during the game to exploit the opposing team on both sides of the ball. My statement is in no way intended to take anything away from the players.

Brownwood 53
Borger 20

Looking4number8
11-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
I think we have played some above average teams. Bwoods offense simply puts too much pressure on the defense they are playing, too many weapons. The one glaring thing I have noticed about this Bwood team compared to other good teams we have had in the past that made early exits in the playoffs is the coaching. This staff can make adjustments during the game to exploit the opposing team on both sides of the ball. My statement is in no way intended to take anything away from the players.

Brownwood 53
Borger 20

I could not agree with you more. These kids are very well coached and the coaches seem to be able to change their game plan at the drop of a hat. When a team is moving the ball on us pretty good we seem to change whatever we need to change to stop them. Same type of thing on offense.

I think coach Shipley's strongest asset is he lets his assistants do what they do best and he trust them to do it.

BwdLion_80
11-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh come on guys, we have not played anyone!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Plus, we have not seen any team with speed at all, after all, we have not seen any "east" Texas teams, they are the only ones with speed!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Plus, we must have had the weakest schedule in the world!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tin Cup
11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Heck even Early is east of us so they have more speed by default lol

Bullbatt
11-26-2010, 10:57 AM
We are east of Borger and much more to the south. So this week we are a south-east Texas team. So, does that make us much faster than Borger since they are a north western team? lol

Bullbatt
11-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I wonder what the odds are of Jordan Shipley being at the game tonight to cheer on his younger brother?

RoyceTTU
11-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I wonder what the odds are of Jordan Shipley being at the game tonight to cheer on his younger brother?

He is. He flew in last night after his game.

ccmom
11-26-2010, 11:10 AM
I wonder what the odds are of Jordan Shipley being at the game tonight to cheer on his younger brother? I heard he won't be there because he knows there won't be any room on the Brownwood side. :devil: :D

Tin Cup
11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I heard he got a sideline pass. Ridiculous

Rocket
11-26-2010, 12:10 PM

Odds are pretty good. He was at the Snyder game. We sat 2 rows behind him and his family.

Looking4number8
11-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Did anybody eles hear Coach Shipley talking on the radio on Thanksgiving morning. They were asking about Jordon and the Thanksgivng night game against the Jets and Coach said that Jordan and Colt had become pretty good friends with Jets QB Mark Sanchez. He said Sanchez went to Grandmas ranch in Burnet with them and they were shooting all kinds of guns. They shot a bunch of different rifles but when they got to a pistol Sanchez (being from LA) picked it up and said 'I know all about these". He turned it sideways, gangster style and Shipley said Sanches was "popping caps" into the tank. Pretty funny to hear Shipley tell it. Wish I could have seen it.

garciap77
11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Good Luck BW!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullbatt
11-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I am hoping Bwood will not require any luck but they will take all they can get. GO LIONS!!