PDA

View Full Version : UPSET ALERT: Prosper over Argyle

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Will it happen? Eagles are possiblypeaking at the right time. Yes it would take their best outing of the year but after Sanger I'm guessing there is some doubt in those Argyle minds. If they come out flat they may get beat. Should be a great match up with 2 good teams with an upset brewing hopefully.

Good luck Prosper & good luck to our neighbor Bobcats!

bobcat1
11-19-2010, 09:57 AM
This could be a game like Bridgeport-Prosper was this year. May the best team win. Good luck to both teams and stay away injury bug for all teams tonight!

bowleghorses
11-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I got my Ptown shirt on today at work and will be listening tonight on sportsgram...go peagles:D

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
I got my Ptown shirt on today at work and will be listening tonight on sportsgram...go peagles:D

Glad you will be joining us..I think the x factor is Juan Williams..he did not get any carries in first game

firstdown
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Eagle2
Will it happen? Eagles are possiblypeaking at the right time. Yes it would take their best outing of the year but after Sanger I'm guessing there is some doubt in those Argyle minds. If they come out flat they may get beat. Should be a great match up with 2 good teams with an upset brewing hopefully.

Good luck Prosper & good luck to our neighbor Bobcats!

First off there is no doubt in the minds of Argyle. Sanger put all their eggs in one basket and played one hell of a game. They are twice the team of Prosper and would win that district. I was worried about a let down last week. It didn't happen. This week we have a familiar old foe and there will be no trouble getting up for the game. I look for the score to be something reasonably close to the last we met.

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
First off there is no doubt in the minds of Argyle.

You positive about that? :eek:

Sanger put all their eggs in one basket and played one hell of a game. They are twice the team of Prosper and would win that district. I was worried about a let down last week. It didn't happen. This week we have a familiar old foe and there will be no trouble getting up for the game. I look for the score to be something reasonably close to the last we met.

This is funny. You are right, it's going to be a blow out.....:clap:

Old&Crusty
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM
After last weeks games, there are some questions that might get answered tonight. Who knows, we may end up scratching our heads after this weekends games too. I'm still picking Argyle, but who knows. Good luck.

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Old&Crusty
After last weeks games, there are some questions that might get answered tonight. Who knows, we may end up scratching our heads after this weekends games too. I'm still picking Argyle, but who knows. Good luck.

I agree, I still think Argyle is a better team this year but I don't think it's a blow out. But after watching them struggle with Sanger I do think they don't go far win or lose tonight.

firstdown
11-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Prosper = thump, thump, thump

bowleghorses
11-19-2010, 12:46 PM

Is that at the game tonight. Thump argyle, thump argyle, thump argyle.:D

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 12:55 PM

Near Crazy is a good location for you, I think you're there....:cool:

BLACK ATTACK
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
:rolleyes: you guys know better

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Glad you will be joining us..I think the x factor is Juan Williams..he did not get any carries in first game

Agree with this... Williams really played out of his mind over the last 5 or 6 games of the season. Argyle run defense will have their hands full, but I think they'll be able to load up 8 in the box because they have excellent cover corners and Prosper's passing attack isn't their strong suit.

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 01:12 PM
First off there is no doubt in the minds of Argyle. Sanger put all their eggs in one basket and played one hell of a game. They are twice the team of Prosper and would win that district. I was worried about a let down last week. It didn't happen. This week we have a familiar old foe and there will be no trouble getting up for the game. I look for the score to be something reasonably close to the last we met.

So you're saying Sanger would win District 11? Interesting statement...

I do think this one will be relatively similar to the first time these two met, but Prosper keeps it a little closer.

I'll say Argyle 41-31.

firstdown
11-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Round 2 same old same old

Argyle 45
prosper 14

bowleghorses
11-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Round 2 same old same old

Argyle 45
prosper 14

Yes you were right...go argyle. I beleive ya'll have as good a chance as anyone else remaining. :clap:

VWG
11-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Prosper..... 4A next realignment?

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Prosper..... 4A next realignment?

I would be SHOCKED if they weren't... they have had a ton of move-ins in the last year

bigwood33
11-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Without a doubt. They have about 1200 in high school right now. I was talking to the AD from another school in their district last Friday night and he told me that Prosper had 45 PAP's this year already! He also said that Lovejoy is over 1100.
It must be nice to be MUCH larger than the folks that you compete against.

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Without a doubt. They have about 1200 in high school right now. I was talking to the AD from another school in their district last Friday night and he told me that Prosper had 45 PAP's this year already! He also said that Lovejoy is over 1100.
It must be nice to be MUCH larger than the folks that you compete against.

Both of them should be small 4A's next realignment.. I think it'll really shake up 3A in the metroplex

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Both of them should be small 4A's next realignment.. I think it'll really shake up 3A in the metroplex

All depends on where that bottom 4A line is..It might take a huge leap

bigwood33
11-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I hope they both get Highland Park. Turn about is fair play.

bigwood33
11-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
All depends on where that bottom 4A line is..It might take a huge leap
It won't. The only thing that could change it much would be the addition of 6A but they almost certainly would still be in 4A with the 1200+ that they will have. The top number has NEVER moved that much.

DDBooger
11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Any word on whether a 6A is a possible item they'll visit for the next realignment?

MesquiteFan
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Any word on whether a 6A is a possible item they'll visit for the next realignment?

From the reports, I think they are researching it but I'm not sure if it's actually on the agenda to be talked about

bigwood33
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
The UIL surveyed all school districts (superintendents) a couple of months ago. Among the questions were their opinions on the formation of 6A and opinions on how enrollment numbers are calculated. Who knows when the UIL will publish the results of the data collected.

bobcat4life
11-22-2010, 11:18 PM
I saw a sign on east of Prosper on 1461 that said "Future site of Prosper High School yesterday. Either they are building a second school or are already needing more room in the "old" one.
As for being a small 4a, they are around 1200 now and will be around 1500 at the next realignment. Hardly a small 4a

bigwood33
11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
I can't imagine them building a new high school since this is only the 2nd full year that they have been in their current building and it was built to hold 2000+. They only have half of it open right now.

bobcat4life
11-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I can't imagine them building a new high school since this is only the 2nd full year that they have been in their current building and it was built to hold 2000+. They only have half of it open right now. They havent started building yet. Maybe it is going to be the siite of the second high school they build, which will probably be 5-6 years away

bowleghorses
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I saw a sign on east of Prosper on 1461 that said "Future site of Prosper High School yesterday. Either they are building a second school or are already needing more room in the "old" one.
As for being a small 4a, they are around 1200 now and will be around 1500 at the next realignment. Hardly a small 4a

trying to remember where 1461 is but that wouldn't be the site of the football stadium would it?

Eagle2
11-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I hope they both get Highland Park. Turn about is fair play.

Quit crying. You live in Whitesboro. They don't beat anyone, big or small so quit hating on Prosper. You sound like a baby!!!

Eagle2
11-23-2010, 11:25 AM
trying to remember where 1461 is but that wouldn't be the site of the football stadium would it?

1461 location is north east of town towards the Rheas Mill Baptist Church. They actually bought the old Jarma land for future home of a HS but it's a long ways out. All they have done i purchase the property. No plans to build for a long while as there is lots of room in that giant campus they have now!

bowleghorses
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
When are they gunna start on the new football stadium?

Eagle2
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
When are they gunna start on the new football stadium?

It's been put on hold. I'd guess it'll start in a few years but not sooner. They are about to do some renovation work on the current stadium adding seating, etc.

PEagleFan2010
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
The UIL surveyed all school districts (superintendents) a couple of months ago. Among the questions were their opinions on the formation of 6A and opinions on how enrollment numbers are calculated. Who knows when the UIL will publish the results of the data collected.

That sign is very premature. The 2nd story of the new high school still hasn't been built out. There was an article in Prosper paper last week about that sign, there is no new hs projected for 10yrs.