11-19-2010, 09:01 AM
2A

#3 Godley 12 - Littlefield 14

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
2A

#3 Godley 12 - Littlefield 14
Man, this one is shocking! I figured a Godle/Daingerfield semi finals. This one might belong on that upset thread from yesterday. Seems Godley might have been looking ahead?

Sweetwater Red
11-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Godley returned the opening KO for a TD and might have had 20 yards of total offense in
the first half.

Littlefield was the the one that looked like the #3 team in the state. Godley, well we could've
beat the team I saw last night.

Littlefield's D played lights out and came up with big time stops in the second half. They have
a WR/DE #84 that is a beast on both sides of
the ball. I would've liked to have him on our
team.

Tin Cup
11-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Is this game considered east Texas vs west Texas? Ahhh nevermind...

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 11:18 AM
No one in 2A will sniff Daingerfield. They will walk to the 3-peat just as they walked last year to their back to back titles. They won't event have a game withing 10 points. Not a Daingerfield homer but seen them play and they are dominant for 2A football.

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Eagle2
No one in 2A will sniff Daingerfield. They will walk to the 3-peat just as they walked last year to their back to back titles. They won't event have a game withing 10 points. Not a Daingerfield homer but seen them play and they are dominant for 2A football.
New Boston and Tatum can both play with Daingerfield. Tatum has a real good chance straight up against em. If New Boston plays well, they would have a chance.

waterboy
11-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't be too sure about that. It won't nearly as easy for them this year. I think the Tatum/Cameron Yoe winner will meet them in the final. The final ought to be a real doozy. If I'm not watching a different game at that time, I'll probably have to go to Mansfield and watch the final.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM

:doh:

I'm guessing you have no clue where or who Tatum even is? and if you do..then I must ask have you seen them play?

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
:doh:

I'm guessing you have no clue where or who Tatum even is? and if you do..then I must ask have you seen them play?

Stay tuned PP

WildTexan972
11-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Dangerfield is not the same monster this year they were in the last 2 years.....

Littlefield was loaded last year and went to the 2nd round without focus, and they got upset....this year that focus is there with a weekly reminded from the coach about last year, and Godley just stepped in the way of this train....these kids are pretty good so nothing they win will really be a major upset...

PPSTATEBOUND
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Stay tuned PP

They play in Palestine tomorrow...if youre looking to see them..:)

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't count out Cameron Yoe just yet. :D

Eagle2
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
They play in Palestine tomorrow...if youre looking to see them..:)

I'll be hopefully dropping a big buck in OK. Opening day of rifle season BABY!!!:D

bp80884
11-19-2010, 12:37 PM

I would be willing to bet someone in 2a is saying that Dangerfield can play with Brownwood!

I mean since Brownwood could play with Euless Trinity and all.

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Dangerfield is not the same monster this year they were in the last 2 years.....

Littlefield was loaded last year and went to the 2nd round without focus, and they got upset....this year that focus is there with a weekly reminded from the coach about last year, and Godley just stepped in the way of this train....these kids are pretty good so nothing they win will really be a major upset...
Ive seen Daingerfield this year and they are just about the same team as the were the last two years. Not quite as much depth this year though.

Phil C
11-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Scary times indeed.

bobcat1
11-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Scary times indeed. :D

WildTexan972
11-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ive seen Daingerfield this year and they are just about the same team as the were the last two years. Not quite as much depth this year though.

I have seen them as well, and I saw em the last 2 years, as I am sure you did.....they just are not the same monsters....they have proven they can be beaten this year....the last 2 years they just had no true weak spots to beat em at.....this year they are very good, but they are no absolute sure bet for the trophy like they were the last couple years...be it the depth or whatever, to me they just don't have THE GUY at each position on the field like they did for a couple years vs. each team they play

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 02:04 PM
I have seen them as well, and I saw em the last 2 years, as I am sure you did.....they just are not the same monsters....they have proven they can be beaten this year....the last 2 years they just had no true weak spots to beat em at.....this year they are very good, but they are no absolute sure bet for the trophy like they were the last couple years...be it the depth or whatever, to me they just don't have THE GUY at each position on the field like they did for a couple years vs. each team they play
I think New Boston can do it if they play better than they did against em the first go around. I still want to see Tatum vs. Daingerfield. Man, that would be an awesome game!

NastySlot
11-19-2010, 02:12 PM

they have proved they can be beaten? don't they have the same record at this point of the season they have had the past two...with those losses being to Gilmer.................you are talking about Daingerfield right?

BwdLions
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I would be willing to bet someone in 2a is saying that Dangerfield can play with Brownwood!

I mean since Brownwood could play with Euless Trinity and all.

Thanks Bobby for bringing us into this thread. You da man. :wave: