PDA

View Full Version : Best place to eat Mexican food in Victoria?

pancho villa
11-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Do any of you know a real good Mexican food place in Victoria?

44INAROW
11-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I like Siesta on US 59 Business. Across the highway from Citizens Hospital. There are some great mom and pop places too but the names escape me right now.

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I like Siesta on US 59 Business. Across the highway from Citizens Hospital. There are some great mom and pop places too but the names escape me right now.
FOFO, Derrick took me to a real good place down the road in Port Lavaca. You know the name of that place? Pretty darn good mexican food.

NastySlot
11-19-2010, 09:21 AM
taco bell

44INAROW
11-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
FOFO, Derrick took me to a real good place down the road in Port Lavaca. You know the name of that place? Pretty darn good mexican food.
I am not real familiar with PL cuisine lately but I bet Crabman knows... was it any of these?

El Patio Restaurant
El Taco Restaurant -
La Parrilla Restaurant
Alejandra's Mexican Kitchen -
Mexico Tipico -
Monterrey Cafe -
Taqueria Mazatlan -

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am not real familiar with PL cuisine lately but I bet Crabman knows... was it any of these?

El Patio Restaurant
El Taco Restaurant -
La Parrilla Restaurant
Alejandra's Mexican Kitchen -
Mexico Tipico -
Monterrey Cafe -
Taqueria Mazatlan -
I cant remember the name of it now :doh: Wheres Gobbla when you need him?

Mojado
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
taco bell

LOL... Can't believe i missed this one!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I cant remember the name of it now :doh: Wheres Gobbla when you need him?
probably fishing lol :D

Blue42
11-19-2010, 11:14 AM
The place by the old Victoria HS is a great place in the same area where the Playhouse movie theater was and your right by the stadium.I don't know the name of it but it is very good.

LeonJr
11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Leon says "TACO BELL"

Blue42
11-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Blue42
The place by the old Victoria HS is a great place in the same area where the Playhouse movie theater was and your right by the stadium.I don't know the name of it but it is very good.
PS they serve real Mexican food.

rojosgirl
11-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Blue42

Yes, that's very good! La Tejanita is the name, I think.

Snotbubbles
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Yes, that's very good! La Tejanita is the name, I think.

Yes, you are correct. It's Tejanita, on Sam Houston Street, a few blocks from Memorial Stadium too. Not bad.

Phil C
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
One time when he was President of the Republic of Texas Sam Houston was with a bunch of dignitaries and they served Mexican food. Mr. Houston took a bite of hot spicy food and it was so hot that he just simple spat it out. Some of the dignitaries were shocked and surprised and glared at him coldly. Mr. Houston looked up and around and then said "A lot of fools would have swallowed that."

:D

1st and goal
11-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Pancho,
go to place in front of Victoria Mall off Hwy 77 north. I grew up right by Tejanitas and it is decent but the best thing there is the beer and the fajita chalupa's if you go. The place at the mall has really good food. At least they did the last time I went.

Good luck (at the game too).