PDA

View Full Version : Sinton-Wharton Peeps-Information

zebrablue2
11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Going to a game tomorrow night in Sinton. Gonna meet my son in Wharton. Is there a good place in Wharton to leave a car(hoping it does not get towed-stolen). I take it the field in Sinton is grass?? Also, coming in on 59, the easiest way to get to the field once in Sinton. Info. please!!! BTW.( I know there is such a thing as map-quest):D

sinfan75
11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Take business 77 exit into Sinton. At stop light turn left, go to 3rd stop lght. Stadium on your left. Whose playin in Sinton?

pirate4state
11-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Going to a game tomorrow night in Sinton. Gonna meet my son in Wharton. Is there a good place in Wharton to leave a car(hoping it does not get towed-stolen). I take it the field in Sinton is grass?? Also, coming in on 59, the easiest way to get to the field once in Sinton. Info. please!!! BTW.( I know there is such a thing as map-quest):D

Yes, grass field. Come in on 77 @ Sinton street take a left @ Pirate Blvd take a left, stadium is on the right.

Taft-v-Industrial

CameronBulldog
11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
How long are you going to be in Sinton? I am from Wharton, but I live in Sweeny now. You can park at the Hospital parking lot and they won't tow. It is right off of Hwy. 59 at FM102 across trhe highway from the Walmart.

zebrablue2
11-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by CameronBulldog
How long are you going to be in Sinton? I am from Wharton, but I live in Sweeny now. You can park at the Hospital parking lot and they won't tow. It is right off of Hwy. 59 at FM102 across trhe highway from the Walmart.

Thanks! Will be coming back after the game!! That will help!! P4S, y'all need to put some soft turf in down there:D

pirate4state
11-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Thanks! Will be coming back after the game!! That will help!! P4S, y'all need to put some soft turf in down there:D Next year we will have turf :) Hope you enjoy your time in Sinton :D throw a couple of flags against Taft - just because :devil:

Phil C
11-18-2010, 10:06 PM
What side are you sitting on? Taft or Industrial. I think Taft is home on the north side.

sinton66
11-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What side are you sitting on? Taft or Industrial. I think Taft is home on the north side.
Think he'll be on the field, Phil.;)

ZB2, you'll like the place. Sinton has one of the best grass fields in South Texas.

zebrablue2
11-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

ZB2, you'll like the place. Sinton has one of the best grass fields in South Texas.

I worked in Beeville last Friday night, and it was muddy- (Believe it or not). Just cleaned my shoes! Looking forward to visiting Sinton! My first time there! About 185 miles.(holy crap!)

sinton66
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Don't speed through Refugio or Woodsboro. When you get down there, the business 77 turnoff to Sinton is a left exit from the highway. Once you exit, just stay straight all the way to the first light. There's a Stripes conv. store on the far left corner. Take a left and go down Sinton St. to the third light which is Pirate Blvd and turn left. Stadium is on the right. Have a safe trip.

piratebg
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Anyone from town heading to this one just to go? I was thinking about it.

Phil C
11-19-2010, 12:34 PM

I will try to meet him very briefly either before or after the game even though I know he will be very busy. I realized after I posted that he was probably an official. :)

NHSBulldog75
11-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Don't speed through Refugio or Woodsboro. When you get down there, the business 77 turnoff to Sinton is a left exit from the highway. Once you exit, just stay straight all the way to the first light. There's a Stripes conv. store on the far left corner. Take a left and go down Sinton St. to the third light which is Pirate Blvd and turn left. Stadium is on the right. Have a safe trip.

Or just get to town around sundown and follow the lights!
Worked for me last week!