PDA

View Full Version : Jasper/Manor is this going to be a good game?

bulldogman
11-25-2003, 08:28 PM
I know a little about Jasper, but not much at all about Manor. Jasper doesn't seem to be as strong this year as last year but you never know they just keep winning. Manor I have no clue what kind of team they really are? Please help with some knowledgable information please.

J-town Hustler
11-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey Burnet person, at the end of last years Semifinal game, I told myself that we stood no chance. That we wouldn't even beat Newton. Somehow, we made it to the playoffs. All in all, there is room for improvement on our team. Most of all, defending the pass and finding more of a selection of plays on offense. I think we will be ready for you guys if we get past Manor. We won't make the same mistakes twice. (I hope)

bulldogman
11-25-2003, 08:48 PM
I hope we play ya'll guys again. It sure was exciting last year. Will Byerly is a good friend of mine. Sure was sad to see how hurt he was after the game last year. But I love them green dawgs. I guess if we don't win it all I hope you guys do. Just my opinion but I think Burnet is much better this year than last. I wish ya'll all the best against Manor.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Last year, the fans from Burnet were good winners, they didnt say anything rude. It was the papers and the new that pissed me off. I believe it was the beaumont enterprise that had a picture on the FRONT PAGE of Jason McQueen and a few other players crying, and the caption was something to the effect of "Jasper starters crying after Burnet upset of Saturday. And channel 4 news had the cameras in our players faces while they were crying. Did anyone else see this?....anyway...the Burnet ppl have good fans, no matter what the whole travel thing between yall and Sinton have right now. I just hope that if your in the position of winning against us this year(which i hope dosent happen...dont count us out yet)that yall will be as gracious as you were last year. And i talked to some of the players/classmates on monday and they said they watched the film and Manor is a pretty even pass/run game. But seeing as how we have been able to stop everyones run game(minus a few big plays some teams got off I.E Newton and i think Waco pulled one off) they are gonna run mostly short passes, 5-10 yard slants. I think it will be a good game, and its gonna be cold and windy friday night....so to any team who is playing friday night that runs a heavy pass, hope your QB can pull it off. Anyway...good luck to all the teams left (8 i think), thanks burnet fans for last year. Friday cant get here soon enough.

Burnet Dawg06
11-25-2003, 10:21 PM
When and where will this game be played? Good luck Jasper.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Burnet Dawg06 ]</small>

JHS_c/o_06'
11-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Friday night 7:30pm at Brian(high school) Viking Stadium in the cold wind.

spiveyrat
11-26-2003, 08:10 AM
JHS_c/o_06':
Last year, the fans from Burnet were good winners, they didnt say anything rude. It was the papers and the new that pissed me off. I believe it was the beaumont enterprise that had a picture on the FRONT PAGE of Jason McQueen and a few other players crying, and the caption was something to the effect of "Jasper starters crying after Burnet upset of Saturday. And channel 4 news had the cameras in our players faces while they were crying. Did anyone else see this?....anyway...the Burnet ppl have good fans, no matter what the whole travel thing between yall and Sinton have right now. I just hope that if your in the position of winning against us this year(which i hope dosent happen...dont count us out yet)that yall will be as gracious as you were last year. And i talked to some of the players/classmates on monday and they said they watched the film and Manor is a pretty even pass/run game. But seeing as how we have been able to stop everyones run game(minus a few big plays some teams got off I.E Newton and i think Waco pulled one off) they are gonna run mostly short passes, 5-10 yard slants. I think it will be a good game, and its gonna be cold and windy friday night....so to any team who is playing friday night that runs a heavy pass, hope your QB can pull it off. Anyway...good luck to all the teams left (8 i think), thanks burnet fans for last year. Friday cant get here soon enough.Finally, someone with some data on Manor. There really IS a Manor team!

eagle.eyes
11-26-2003, 07:27 PM
I can assure you Manor can pass in the wind. They also play fundamentally sound and mistake free. I wouldn't look to Burnet too early! I haven't seen Jasper so no prediction here.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: eagle.eyes ]</small>

spiveyrat
11-26-2003, 09:43 PM
eagle.eyes:
I can assure you Manor can pass in the wind. They also play fundamentally sound and mistake free. I wouldn't look to Burnet too early! I haven't seen Jasper so no prediction here.No looking ahead here. We know we still have to win one AND Burnet has to win one before we see each other again. It's easier to talk about Burnet, though, because they're so much more visible.

Wildcat81
11-27-2003, 03:15 AM
http://www.ghammerf.com/Football/Bulldogs.jpg

Old No. 7
11-27-2003, 03:23 AM
spiveyrat:

JHS_c/o_06':
Last year, the fans from Burnet were good winners, they didnt say anything rude. It was the papers and the new that pissed me off. I believe it was the beaumont enterprise that had a picture on the FRONT PAGE of Jason McQueen and a few other players crying, and the caption was something to the effect of "Jasper starters crying after Burnet upset of Saturday. And channel 4 news had the cameras in our players faces while they were crying. Did anyone else see this?....anyway...the Burnet ppl have good fans, no matter what the whole travel thing between yall and Sinton have right now. I just hope that if your in the position of winning against us this year(which i hope dosent happen...dont count us out yet)that yall will be as gracious as you were last year. And i talked to some of the players/classmates on monday and they said they watched the film and Manor is a pretty even pass/run game. But seeing as how we have been able to stop everyones run game(minus a few big plays some teams got off I.E Newton and i think Waco pulled one off) they are gonna run mostly short passes, 5-10 yard slants. I think it will be a good game, and its gonna be cold and windy friday night....so to any team who is playing friday night that runs a heavy pass, hope your QB can pull it off. Anyway...good luck to all the teams left (8 i think), thanks burnet fans for last year. Friday cant get here soon enough.Finally, someone with some data on Manor. There really IS a Manor team!I was wandering the same thing. Thats the first I heard about Manor. Good luck Dogs...

Old No. 7
11-27-2003, 03:30 AM
Wildcat81, I see I'm not the only one keeping late hours. (call out) Have you got a deer yet? I'm seeing does and yearlings only. I sure hope the Dogs can pull it off friday. Happy Thanksgiving to ya. :)

Wildcat81
11-27-2003, 04:14 AM
Old No. 7:
Wildcat81, I see I'm not the only one keeping late hours. (call out) Have you got a deer yet? I'm seeing does and yearlings only. I sure hope the Dogs can pull it off friday. Happy Thanksgiving to ya. :) Working shift work and no I haven't got a deer yet
Been 3 times but nothing yet.