PDA

View Full Version : Mavs

Farmersfan
11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I haven't seen any comments about the Mavs recently! I watched them play the Hornets last night and for the most part I was impressed with the toughness and quality of this team. but I'm wondering about the logic that had JJ Barea taking the last 4 or 5 shots in the game! And Dirk taking the last possession 10' above the key, acting like a point guard and trying to dribble behind his back!!!!!!
Did anyone else see the last 3 minutes of this game???

jason
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I haven't seen any comments about the Mavs recently! I watched them play the Hornets last night and for the most part I was impressed with the toughness and quality of this team. but I'm wondering about the logic that had JJ Barea taking the last 4 or 5 shots in the game! And Dirk taking the last possession 10' above the key, acting like a point guard and trying to dribble behind his back!!!!!!
Did anyone else see the last 3 minutes of this game??? yeah...

dirk didn't choke as bad as the baylor women's coach did against uconn though...

coach
11-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Did anyone else see the last 3 minutes of this game???

that was a little questionable about giving dirl the ball at the top of the key but i have seen him create a shot like that before.he did it a few yrs ago against philly. its kinda hard critizing when you give the ball to your best player but i completely agree with you and can see where you are coming from

coach
11-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by jason
yeah...

dirk didn't choke as bad as the baylor women's coach did against uconn though...

they got screwed on a shot clock violation though

crzyjournalist03
11-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by coach
that was a little questionable about giving dirl the ball at the top of the key but i have seen him create a shot like that before.he did it a few yrs ago against philly. its kinda hard critizing when you give the ball to your best player but i completely agree with you and can see where you are coming from

that was the second time in a week that almost the exact same play happened...wasn't it Memphis where they ran the same play and got the same result?

Everybody knows that Dirk's going to take the shot in that situation, so wouldn't it make sense when you have six seconds left to throw the in-bounds pass to someone besides him? Force the defense to adjust to cover someone else for a split second, then get the ball back in Dirk's hands with hopefully a little more space to work with.

Emerson1
11-18-2010, 04:51 PM
They still had a slight chance at the end when Peja missed a free throw. Terrible terrible play to just have Chandler chunk it down court. There was plenty of time for someone to catch it around half court get a dribble facing the basket and heave one up.

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Dirk admitted he went out to far to recieve the ball

Tell ya what though, the dude might be having his best start to a season..he is shooting over 54%

SintonFan
11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Spurs>Mavs
:D

Farmersfan
11-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Tell ya what though, the dude might be having his best start to a season..he is shooting over 54%

I'm not that upset with Dirk getting the ball on the last possession and might even be ok with him getting it where he did. He has shown that he can make his own shot. It was the fact that he thinks he is a point guard and tried to dribble behind his back. WTH?????
I have a bigger problem with JJ Barea missing like 3 or 4 straight shots leading up to that final possession. JJ should have been on the bench. And even if he wasn't on the bench he should not have even been a offensive option when the Mavs had to have a score. He has come a long way but he is still a huge disadvantage on the court when they MUST HAVE A SCORE or if they MUST GET A STOP!

Farmersfan
11-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I think Chandler was a HUGE pickup for this team. Dirk will be the one that benefits the most from Chandlers presence.

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I think Chandler was a HUGE pickup for this team. Dirk will be the one that benefits the most from Chandlers presence.

agreed..as long as his knee's hold up it gives the Mavs some interior defense

icu812
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm not that upset with Dirk getting the ball on the last possession and might even be ok with him getting it where he did. He has shown that he can make his own shot. It was the fact that he thinks he is a point guard and tried to dribble behind his back. WTH?????
I have a bigger problem with JJ Barea missing like 3 or 4 straight shots leading up to that final possession. JJ should have been on the bench. And even if he wasn't on the bench he should not have even been a offensive option when the Mavs had to have a score. He has come a long way but he is still a huge disadvantage on the court when they MUST HAVE A SCORE or if they MUST GET A STOP!

Hopefully, Roddy Beaubois will get most of JJ's minutes when he gets back.........I'm sick of watching JJ miss 3's.

I still think the Mavs need a back up PG. Roddy & JJ are not PG's in my opinion.

The Mavs have a chance to be very good this year. 2 good centers with Haywood/Chandler, Dirk/Marion/Butler at the 3 & 4 positions, Jet/Roddy/Abe Lincoln's tattoo at the 2, Kidd at the PG. Weak link is back up PG. I don't like a Jet & JJ together off the bench.

SintonFan
11-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Spurs 11-1 :evillol:

Splitter gives the Spurs a whole new dimension.