PDA

View Full Version : Who is the biggest defensive threat in 18AAA?

keep_it_real
09-17-2002, 11:47 PM
who as a team and individual stick out on defense in DISTRICT 18AAA?

Super_Fan
09-18-2002, 03:59 PM
I say Rockdale or Caldwell.

fb_gurl
09-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Well everyone is expecting a really good game when Caldwell & Rockdale play they've got really good teams this year. They are at a tie for the best in my book.

GoOrange
09-18-2002, 05:56 PM
As a Caldwell booster, it's nice to hear positive comments about the team, but I hope the guys are aware that beating Hearne is not quite the same as beating Elgin. Hearne is much, much better than past years and played aggressively but Caldwell better treat this season as one game at time unlike years past when they'd shock good teams and then turn around and fall to oblivious ones. In 97, they beat Columbus for their only win and then Columbus won its own district. Then in 2000, the team beat strong Bellville, Cameron and Rockdale teams before falling to a very poor Hearne team. The fans have been getting frustrated in recent years and want the old Caldwell of the early 70s (the Alfred Jackson era when they didn't DARE lose more than three or four games). They have the talent to do that this year, but MUST treat every play like the league race depends on it... I see every team losing at least one district game and someone being left at home come post-season time with a 3-2 league record and possibly a 7-win season which is unfortunate.
Rockdale is up this year, too, and Cameron is a bit down but still very competitive and Marlin is just playing huge schools that are EXPECTED to beat them.
I think the point spread this week for the Swarm against Smithville will tell a lot. A win by fewer than 28 points wouldn't look impressive. No offense to poor Smithville.
The hard part will be playing Giddings, Cameron, Rockdale and Marlin consecutively.
Somebody better pump up the Orange Crush because I don't hear the fat lady singing yet..... Sting 'em....