PDA

View Full Version : Where is Cam? (aka limerick dude)

'Necks 2013-14
11-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Maybe this will draw him out:
There once was a poster named Cam
that now seems to be on the lam
Since Burnet did lose
maybe he's taking a snooze
or maybe it was all just a sham!!:D :D

Too bad the Dub-C won't be seeing Burn-it....I was looking forward to it Cam. Maybe you can get out of the 1st round next year. Maybe. :devil:

All kidding aside, congrats Burnet(and Cam), you both had memorable seasons.:clap:

pirate4state
11-16-2010, 11:13 PM
hahahahaha :clap: :clap:

ccmom
11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
:clap: :clap:

Dub-C
11-17-2010, 08:47 AM
I was wondering about CAM also, Where did you go CAM? We are still here.

garciap77
11-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Since Burnet did lose

Too bad the Dub-C won't be seeing Burn-it....I was looking forward to it Cam. Maybe you can get out of the 1st round next year. Maybe. :devil:

All kidding aside, congrats Burnet(and Cam), you both had memorable seasons.:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Since Burnet did lose

I had Burnet going to the 3rd round in my bracket, the only blemish so far.... I'd come up with limerick if it weren't for the new austerity measures.
cheers

Cam
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Since Burnet did lose

Dang, I didn't realize I was being missed! I'm touched! lol....To be honest, it's been a tough week. As a dad, I never realized how hard it would be to see your son play his guts out only for it to be his last ever game. I had never seen him cry so much. But, you can't win when you lose 4 fumbles, throw 2 pics, and get two long TD runs called back due to penalties. Wow, what else could've gone wrong?....Nevertheless, Canyon Lake deserved it and I wish them well. Watch out for those pair of RB's they have. Especially the Henshaw kid!
Anyway, as for the limericks, I thought you folks were sick of em' already! lol....I put one in there just the other day but nobody seemed to notice.....and, my feelings were hurt!...lol.... So, here it is again:
This one's for the fortunate few that will get to experience running around all over the state to watch your team play. Safe travels to all. And keep that toilet paper handy.....

Long playoff travels, GPS got your back,
Driving your ass off, your wife takes a nap.
Special care what you eat, keep the belly calmed down,
There ain't many stops, from one town to town.
No places to pee, even worse, take a crap!

I know...I know....it's pretty bad....but I'll bet 99% of you have had to make a mad dash to the bushes at one time or another! Which gets me to thinkin', what do those West Tx folks do? Squat behind a moving tumbleweed and try to keep pace?

On a good note: Just found out today my son was voted 1st- Team All-District LB & Academic All-District! (4.02 GPA baby & on his way to a bright future)
Good luck to all of you in the playoffs! You too WC. I've got relatives there who's son used to be your QB a few years back.

And for those of you who have seniors still playing, cherish every second till the end.

RoyceTTU
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Well done Cam and cograts to your son. That's an amazing GPA. College?

Surely you will send him to the greatest college in the universe. TTU

Cam
11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Well done Cam and cograts to your son. That's an amazing GPA. College?
Surely you will send him to the greatest college in the universe. TTU
Thanks! I'm real proud. He's made it real easy to be a parent. Amazing study habits. Not sure how he did it with all the other stuff on his plate. I know one thing, he didn't get his smarts from me! For sure from his momma! I still remember way back when Bob Shipley was still here telling me he was going to be a great athlete and a special kid.

LOL! Yep, that was one of his choices for the medical field he's going into. But, he's been accepted to Angelo State University (which, of course, is part of TTU). TTU, Angelo, and few other schools are regarded as the best schools for his chosen degree plan. ASU is closer to home for him (he is a homebody!) and less expensive. Scholarships are pretty hard to come by these days.. (he's applying like crazy).....and, as with many of us, money is tight!

RoyceTTU
11-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Cam
Thanks! I'm real proud. He's made it real easy to be a parent. Amazing study habits. Not sure how he did it with all the other stuff on his plate. I know one thing, he didn't get his smarts from me! For sure from his momma! I still remember way back when Bob Shipley was still here telling me he was going to be a great athlete and a special kid.

LOL! Yep, that was one of his choices for the medical field he's going into. But, he's been accepted to Angelo State University (which, of course, is part of TTU). TTU, Angelo, and few other schools are regarded as the best schools for his chosen degree plan. ASU is closer to home for him (he is a homebody!) and less expensive. Scholarships are pretty hard to come by these days.. (he's applying like crazy).....and, as with many of us, money is tight!

Thats great. Good luck to him and your family. Sounds like ya'll did great. :clap: :clap: :clap:

'Necks 2013-14
11-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Dang, I didn't realize I was being missed! I'm touched! lol....To be honest, it's been a tough week. As a dad, I never realized how hard it would be to see your son play his guts out only for it to be his last ever game. I had never seen him cry so much. But, you can't win when you lose 4 fumbles, throw 2 pics, and get two long TD runs called back due to penalties. Wow, what else could've gone wrong?....Nevertheless, Canyon Lake deserved it and I wish them well. Watch out for those pair of RB's they have. Especially the Henshaw kid!
Anyway, as for the limericks, I thought you folks were sick of em' already! lol....I put one in there just the other day but nobody seemed to notice.....and, my feelings were hurt!...lol.... So, here it is again:
This one's for the fortunate few that will get to experience running around all over the state to watch your team play. Safe travels to all. And keep that toilet paper handy.....

I know...I know....it's pretty bad....but I'll bet 99% of you have had to make a mad dash to the bushes at one time or another! Which gets me to thinkin', what do those West Tx folks do? Squat behind a moving tumbleweed and try to keep pace?

On a good note: Just found out today my son was voted 1st- Team All-District LB & Academic All-District! (4.02 GPA baby & on his way to a bright future)
Good luck to all of you in the playoffs! You too WC. I've got relatives there who's son used to be your QB a few years back.

And for those of you who have seniors still playing, cherish every second till the end. Awesome post Cam! I wish nothing but the best for your son and his future!! Sounds great! We have much in common as I too am blessed with a son that sounds a whole lot like your own. We are indeed fortunate. Have a good one!!:clap:

ccmom
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Cam

And for those of you who have seniors still playing, cherish every second till the end.

Congrats to your son and to you and your wife!!! :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Cam

Angelo State University!!!!:thumbsup: Congrats! Great School, had one graduate from there, and another one on the way!:)

greendawg84
11-17-2010, 12:57 PM
I would have to agree that #40 is one of the best kids I have had the pleasure to be around . I wish him well in the future also. I will miss sending him fried Deer sandwiches for breakfast.

rlf

BLEEDZGREEN
11-17-2010, 02:05 PM
GREAT JOB CAM, Vincent was joy to watch and even greater young man to meet. Your wife & you have done a great job raising him & I know how proud you are of him.
Cam is an awesome person himself, the 1st parent I met when we moved here from Katy. Thanks Cam for everything!!
:)

Cam
11-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by greendawg84
I would have to agree that #40 is one of the best kids I have had the pleasure to be around . I wish him well in the future also. I will miss sending him fried Deer sandwiches for breakfast.

rlf

Shoot Greendawg! I never knew you fed that boy! Heck, I drive by your house every morning on my way to Austin. You can give them "samwiches" (like my son saids you say it!) to me!

Cam
11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDZGREEN
GREAT JOB CAM, Vincent was joy to watch and even greater young man to meet. Your wife & you have done a great job raising him & I know how proud you are of him.
Cam is an awesome person himself, the 1st parent I met when we moved here from Katy. Thanks Cam for everything!!
:)
Thanks Bleedz, and Burnet is glad to have you and your family here! Looking forward to seeing those twins next year. And B-ball / track this year just got more interesting with those two!

greendawg84
11-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Cam,

You are welcome anytime just like he is....

That boy can eat some samwiches that is for sure..... glad you feed him daily instead of me.:D

Red&White_9x5
11-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Didn't you guys have a heck of a baseball team last year? Does your son play baseball and are they going to be pretty salty again

Cam
11-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Didn't you guys have a heck of a baseball team last year? Does your son play baseball and are they going to be pretty salty again

Yep, they were quite good. I'll let Greendawg give you the scoop. His boy will be back on this years team..

greendawg84
11-18-2010, 01:43 PM
RW dawgs bb looks to be good again , we will have to see how the pitching comes around after loosing our 2 top guys to graduation. Lost 3 starters to graduation on defense but have solid replacements in place for this year.