PDA

View Full Version : I'm freaking out

orange machine
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Went to the doc last week they did blood work and it was awful my cholesterol is way high and liver enzymes are high. So I have to have a ultrasound done thursday on my liver. I'm hoping it's because I'm over weight I'm 5'10 222 and hopefully it's just a fatty liver instead of something worse. I was around 230 when I had the blood work taken last week so I'm Workin my butt off trying to lose weight anyways I'm freaking out about this. High cholesterol and high blood pressure run in my family so I just hope it's my weight because that is coming off.

Pawdaddy
11-16-2010, 09:55 PM
That kind of stuff is exactly why I don't go to a doctor.:crying: :crying: :crying:

hollywood
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Went to the doc last week they did blood work and it was awful my cholesterol is way high and liver enzymes are high. So I have to have a ultrasound done thursday on my liver. I'm hoping it's because I'm over weight I'm 5'10 222 and hopefully it's just a fatty liver instead of something worse. I was around 230 when I had the blood work taken last week so I'm Workin my butt off trying to lose weight anyways I'm freaking out about this. High cholesterol and high blood pressure run in my family so I just hope it's my weight because that is coming off.

This is one of the greatest gifts God gave us. Take care of your body, all the hard work to keep it healthy is well worth it! Best of luck with your health!

orange machine
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
This is one of the greatest gifts God gave us. Take care of your body, all the hard work to keep it healthy is well worth it! Best of luck with your health!
Thanks I'm hoping and praying I'm just a fat butt and this is Gods way of saying lose it now before you get any older. I'm 29 and never would have thought I would have to worry about these kind of things until I was 50. To younger people than me take care of your body all I have really eaten over the last 5 or so years is pizza, pasta and tons of taco bell.

FB-fanatic
11-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Hang in there Orange Machine. Keep working on reducing the weight, especially if high blood pressure runs in the family. I'm sure it is very explainable.

bigwood33
11-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks I'm hoping and praying I'm just a fat butt and this is Gods way of saying lose it now before you get any older. I'm 29 and never would have thought I would have to worry about these kind of things until I was 50. To younger people than me take care of your body all I have really eaten over the last 5 or so years is pizza, pasta and tons of taco bell.

And donuts of course:D :rolleyes:

I know that you don't like 'em but I couldn't resist! I hope you get a good report on your followup.

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I would go with Paw Daddys method. Have fun....your 2 decades away from a half century old. ;)

orange machine
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
And donuts of course:D :rolleyes:

I know that you don't like 'em but I couldn't resist! I hope you get a good report on your followup.
Haha thanks.

orange machine
11-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I would go with Paw Daddys method. Have fun....your 2 decades away from a half century old. ;)
Got two little girls gotta hang around for a long time.

bigwood33
11-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Haha thanks.

You're welcome! Here's to your good health!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

orange machine
11-16-2010, 10:15 PM
I really think it's my weight and diet I eat alot of really fat foods.

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Just jokein' with you. Good luck.....even if you are a Celina Fan. ;)

sinton66
11-16-2010, 10:23 PM

I had a cholesterol problem along with diabetes. Doctor prescribed a new drug called Livalo. Cholesterol problem is gone, although until I manage to alter my diet, I'll have to keep taking it.
Diabetes is under control wih a drug called Acto-Plus Met. Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 10:32 PM
I know a lot of people will cringe when I say this, but exercise is the best drug! It's what the good Lord gave us. I think OM is going about this the right way. Working his tail off to do something about it! Believe me, it's the best drug! I know several people who have eliminated cholesterol and high blood pressure medicines do to exercise and good eating. Moderation.

Again, best of luck OM! I sincerely mean that!

orange machine
11-16-2010, 10:34 PM
As long as my Liver is ok then I will be happy I'm just afraid of the C word. I can get everything else under control.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 10:46 PM
As long as my Liver is ok then I will be happy I'm just afraid of the C word. I can get everything else under control.

Well, I don't know ya, but I'll say a prayer for ya!

orange machine
11-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Well, I don't know ya, but I'll say a prayer for ya!
Thank you I appreciate it.

bobcat1
11-17-2010, 12:00 AM
As long as my Liver is ok then I will be happy I'm just afraid of the C word. I can get everything else under control. Prayin for ya OM.

SintonFan
11-17-2010, 12:31 AM

OM, I had bad cholesterol and triglycerides when I was 28. The doctor looked at me like I was "ready to croak" with my super-high raised levels. At your age, you can fix health problems fairly easily. Just get more active. I'm 40 now and feeling pretty good.

I'll say a prayer for you OG. :)

Try this website: Life Extension (http://www.lef.org/)
It has helped me understand that we really need an approach that is more than just pharmaceuticals. You'd be shocked what a few good vitamins can do for us. Try Silymarin for your liver. It helps to protect it.
Good luck and God Bless.:)

Eagle2
11-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Praying for you in Prosper OM, believe it or not it's true....:)

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 10:27 AM
You'll be all right man. You don't need me to tell you, you've known for a long time now, that your eating habits and lack of exercise were driving you to this point. I'm 46 and sort of going through what you are at 29 (without the high blood pressure), the exercise alone will help create a 'new' you... mind and body. After which, you'll look at the greasy crap and think 'there's no way I'm putting that in my body'.
stay with it, cheers

waterboy
11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
No need to "freak out", OM! All you've got to do is CHANGE your diet, and continue to take the medications. Your cholesterol levels WILL come down. I'm on a self-imposed diet right now. I don't drink sugared drinks or sugar-laden foods, very little to no white breads, smaller portions of high starch/carbohydrate foods such as potatoes, corn, cornbread, etc., very little fried foods, or fatty foods period. I'm on a high-protein, low-carb, low-fat diet. Remember, sugar, carbohydrates, and fried foods elevate sugar levels which in turn will turn to fat. I've definitely become a label reader in the process. So far I've lost 30 pounds and my cholesterol level has dropped into a normal/acceptable range. All of this has happened without an appreciable increase in activity or exercise. It CAN be done.

rojosgirl
11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
That kind of stuff is exactly why I don't go to a doctor.:crying: :crying: :crying:

Yeah, me too. They always find SOMETHING wrong! :rolleyes:

hollywood
11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Exercise people! Medications are good if it's desperate enough to control until you get your health in check. Nothing better than working your body to the point it's cleaning itself and disposing all the toxins we put in our bodies! Ever heard of all those ads that claim to be the "cure all"... "If you take this, you will feal much better and can eat whatever you want." Bull corn! Eat in moderation and stay active with exercise and fitness and watch how much better you feel. That is how the good Lord planned it.

Cheers!