PDA

View Full Version : 3A Top 10 Massey Ratings and Predictions Week 12

WOS87
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
1. Brownwood (predicts 53-24 win over Bridgeport)
2. Kirbyville (predicts 41-21 win over La Vega)
3. Argyle (predicts 35-15 win over Prosper)
4. Chapel Hill (predicts 35-12 win over Madisonville)
5. Celina (predicts 35-32 win over Lovejoy)
6. Snyder (predicts 36-24 win over Kennedale)
7. Monahans (predicts 26-22 win over Dalhart)
8. Carthage (predicts 42-21 win over Canton)
9. Lucas Lovejoy (predicts 32-35 loss to Celina)
10. WO-S (predicts 34-14 win over Royal)

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Celina and kirbyville will blow out that score

rykerx144
11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
i dont see waco lv scoring 21 on Kirbyville D! JMO

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
i dont see waco lv scoring 21 on Kirbyville D! JMO

Agree. WLV is not that good people! Athletes alone don't make you good at football!

WOS87
11-16-2010, 08:15 PM
I imagine that 42-0 shutout of (9-1) Fairfield jumped La Vega up in the ratings quite a bit.

...and Bridge City (a team WO-S beat 28-0) hung 31 points on Kirbyville. They can be scored upon.

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 08:36 PM
The Monahans/Dalhart school is intriguing. Maybe Dalhart is better than I thought :thinking:

KVILLE_GRAD
11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I imagine that 42-0 shutout of (9-1) Fairfield jumped La Vega up in the ratings quite a bit.

...and Bridge City (a team WO-S beat 28-0) hung 31 points on Kirbyville. They can be scored upon.

bridge city.. orangefield..
for some reason, has always put points up against kirbyville in the recent past for sure.. kirbyville will have shut outs against teams better than them and still that happens.

kirbyville D will def show up this week. and the next. and the next.. you get the picture.

91 lion
11-16-2010, 08:48 PM

I agree

WOS87
11-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
bridge city.. orangefield..
for some reason, has always put points up against kirbyville in the recent past for sure.. kirbyville will have shut outs against teams better than them and still that happens.

kirbyville D will def show up this week. and the next. and the next.. you get the picture.

So will the Mustang's...

Hope there's a rematch... just ask Jasper what happened in the 1986 Quarterfinals rematch after they beat us earlier that year.

:D

Good luck though and hope all players stay healthy!

:)

KVILLE_GRAD
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
So will the Mustang's...

Hope there's a rematch... just ask Jasper what happened in the 1986 Quarterfinals rematch after they beat us earlier that year.

IF there's a rematch.. which i would bet there will be. i think it would be a lot like the last match.

Lefty
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
So will the Mustang's...

1986? Come on man! That was a long time ago and I don't think this WOS team is on the level of that one. WOS is good no doubt and I know that it would be awesome if the met up again but both have 2 games until then. ALOT of football between then.

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
So will the Mustang's...

From what I understand being 'fairly' new to Celina, that's one reason Celina is careful about who they schedule. They try to avoid the 'revenge' game in the same year.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
From what I understand being 'fairly' new to Celina, that's one reason Celina is careful about who they schedule. They try to avoid the 'revenge' game in the same year.

if youre not playing good schools in your region, youre going to have a horrible schedule or driving all too far.

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Celina by more than 3...

WOS87
11-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Lefty
1986? Come on man! That was a long time ago and I don't think this WOS team is on the level of that one. WOS is good no doubt and I know that it would be awesome if the met up again but both have 2 games until then. ALOT of football between then.

WO-S lost 2 games in the regular season in '86 and won state... I was just making the analogy as we have 2 losses currently this year so don't sell us short. We have a Sophomore QB that's stepped up and been phenomenal so if it doesn't happen this year.... we have two more years that you all need to watch out for. We haven't been behind at halftime yet this year in 10 games (led Kville 7-6 and 4A Friendswood 20-7 in our two eventual losses).

coach
11-18-2010, 12:45 AM

easy easy...we dont like to repeat thatt score keep it on the hush hush. besides we just ran out of time

OldNavy
11-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by coach
easy easy...we dont like to repeat thatt score keep it on the hush hush. besides we just ran out of time :D :D :D :D :D:D

rykerx144
11-18-2010, 08:21 AM
I wouldnt hang my hat too much on the 31 points BC scored on Kville. Kville didnt play its best that game.

Its funny how a game played in 1986 is relevant but a game played a few weeks ago where Kirbyville won 28-14 is not relevant. I realize it was a stressful game but it was just as ackward for Kirbyville and they had the same distractions. If there is a rematch and Kirbyville dont play flat and both teams bring their best game then Kirbyville 34-14.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by rykerx144
I wouldnt hang my hat too much on the 31 points BC scored on Kville. Kville didnt play its best that game.

Its funny how a game played in 1986 is relevant but a game played a few weeks ago where Kirbyville won 28-14 is not relevant. I realize it was a stressful game but it was just as ackward for Kirbyville and they had the same distractions. If there is a rematch and Kirbyville dont play flat and both teams bring their best game then Kirbyville 34-14.

exactly.. i predict about the same score. kville knelt the ball after driving all the way down the field on the last drive too.. should of been 35-14 easily..

i been watching a lot of brownwood's highlights. where they get such a good stadium?? lol (with the turf and all) all that looks rather new but as of late they haven't been too hot. i don't see when they became the "all powerful brownwood." since 04-05 they have only won 58% of their games (47-34 record)

wo-s is at 83.75% (67-13 record) and when they tried passing it through the city a few years back i remember they were denied.

while kirbyville's record is very close to wo-s' at 81.3% (74-17 record) i realize they weren't playing AS tough a schedule as wo-s. but still would think it's been as good as brownwood's for sure. if not better.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 10:57 AM
exactly.. i predict about the same score. kville knelt the ball after driving all the way down the field on the last drive too.. should of been 35-14 easily..

i been watching a lot of brownwoods highlights. where they get such a good stadium?? lol (with the turf and all) they looks rather new and as of late they havent been too hot. i dont see when they became the "all powerful brownwood." since 04-05 they have only won 58% of their games (47-34 record)

wo-s is at 83.75% (67-13 record) and when they tried passing it through the city a few years back i remember they were denied.

while kirbyvilles record is very close to wo-s' at 81.3% (74-17 record) i realize they weren't playing AS tough a schedule as wo-s. but still would think it's been as good as brownwoods for sure. if not better.

not that the smallest school IN 3A should have turf.. but there are 2A schools with it. wo-s should of passed it. and brownwood hasn't even had a very successive program. two years ago they went 3-7

Red&White_9x5
11-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Brownwood's stadium (Gordon Wood Stadium) has been there a long time. The turf has only been there for about 8-10 years I think, but the stadium is not new

Bosqueville
11-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Brownwood's turf was paid for by private funds and did not cost the school a nickel.

Old LB
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
not that the smallest school IN 3A should have turf.. but there are 2A schools with it. wo-s should of passed it. and brownwood hasn't even had a very successive program. two years ago they went 3-7

Do a little research, great history at Brownwood. The field updates came from private donation for the most part, alumni. Coach Freeman put in a lot of personal time on all that also, good man. Local business had a lot to do with it also, we may be considered morons but we do love our football. I actually moved to another 3a town in Texas and went to one football game and said to my wife, we have got to move back to Brownwood. Anyway, don't worry about poor little Brownwood, we'll be alright. Oh yeah, we do have the most wins in 3a, EVER.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
Do a little research, great history at Brownwood. The field updates came from private donation for the most part, alumni. Coach Freeman put in a lot of personal time on all that also, good man. Local business had a lot to do with it also, we may be considered morons but we do love our football. I actually moved to another 3a town in Texas and went to one football game and said to my wife, we have got to move back to Brownwood. Anyway, don't worry about poor little Brownwood, we'll be alright. Oh yeah, we do have the most wins in 3a, EVER.

ah. just didnt know it was THAT long ago that they got turf. and most wins IN 3A (however im pretty sure that wo-s has the best win pct. in texas and they are a 3A team but played 4A and 5A so what does the fact that yall stayed in "3A" matter against that) congrats and all i mean obviously there IS long standing tradition... just not recently. just saying that was long ago.. and i just went to maxpreps and that only allows u to go back to 04-05 season.. do u know of a resource to go back many years?

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Brownwood's stadium (Gordon Wood Stadium) has been there a long time. The turf has only been there for about 8-10 years I think, but the stadium is not new

yeah.. the press box and stands didnt look new and i didnt see a jumbo tron or anything .. like i said i was mainly talking about the turf. would love to have it in kville or any smaller school in SETX.

chaingang
11-18-2010, 11:12 AM
We have a few guys that could foot the bill, but having turf at Hooks stadium just wouldnt feel right. I like the grass, and it does prevent some injuries. Grass is soft and gives. i know turf kinda does too, but still not like the real thing. I would however love to see them put in the stadium chairs like they had at Lamar university's stadium. Those were comfortable and you didnt have to worry about someone stepping on your drink, they had holders. Having turf there just wouldnt make sense. We have what...5 games a year there. And it wouldnt be used for playoffs due to the fact that we are on the extreme SE corner of TX. Geographicaly, it wouldnt make sense for a playoff game. So i can see where some people thought it was a waste of money. Now if we could only get a crew to paint the lines straight on the field.......:doh:

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
We have a few guys that could foot the bill, but having turf at Hooks stadium just wouldnt feel right. I like the grass, and it does prevent some injuries. Grass is soft and gives. i know turf kinda does too, but still not like the real thing. I would however love to see them put in the stadium chairs like they had at Lamar university's stadium. Those were comfortable and you didnt have to worry about someone stepping on your drink, they had holders. Having turf there just wouldnt make sense. We have what...5 games a year there. And it wouldnt be used for playoffs due to the fact that we are on the extreme SE corner of TX. Geographicaly, it wouldnt make sense for a playoff game. So i can see where some people thought it was a waste of money. Now if we could only get a crew to paint the lines straight on the field.......:doh:

lol. i dont remember exactly what the costs were but i remember seeing it all over the news.. it was nothing more than a couple dollars a citizen if im not mistaken and there would be a lot donated ... you wouldnt have to worry about straight lines or painting special things for homecoming :eek:

hollywood
11-18-2010, 11:20 AM
KVILLE_GRAD, please do more research. Brownwood has a very long history of success and tradition that comes with it. The stadium was built in 1972 and was revamped a few years back. I know people in East Texas haven't really been introduced to it's history, especially in the modern 3A world, but it's rich football tradition is well known around the state to most HS football fans and more so amongst football coaches.

Old LB
11-18-2010, 11:22 AM
ah. just didnt know it was THAT long ago that they got turf. and most wins IN 3A (however im pretty sure that wo-s has the best win pct. in texas and they are a 3A team but played 4A and 5A so what does the fact that yall stayed in "3A" matter against that) congrats and all i mean obviously there IS long standing tradition... just not recently. just saying that was long ago.. and i just went to maxpreps and that only allows u to go back to 04-05 season.. do u know of a resource to go back many years?

Not sure where you could find all the data, I know the history because I have lived here all my life. I know there is passion all over the state though, had 3 cousins graduate from Cuero, had an uncle played for Brookshire Royal, Granddad lived in Bridgeport for the last 10-15 yrs of his life. I'm not knocking you guys, but I'm sticking with Brownwood.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
KVILLE_GRAD, please do more research. Brownwood has a very long history of success and tradition that comes with it. The stadium was built in 1972 and was revamped a few years back. I know people in East Texas haven't really been introduced to it's history, especially in the modern 3A world, but it's rich football tradition is well known around the state to most HS football fans and more so amongst football coaches.

never denied brownwoods history.. and if you know of a database that goes back further than 04-05 i would look at that.. just assumed that it was something they did recently.. and only looked recently. i said congrats on the all time 3a win pct if thats what it is. idk. but i have seen SO much brownwood talk. and they ARE having an amazing season but some people think nobody in 3a has even a shot at beating them. . . far from true.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I am not surprised Wimberley isnt in the Massey top10. I have a lot of respect in Massey's ratings based on their methodology (sp?).

Our scheduled turned out to be weaker than expected, and we allow too many points on defense. And the turn overs too. This is why we arent ranked in the top 10. Cant do anything about the first...we better fix the 2nd and 3rd.

ccmom
11-18-2010, 12:11 PM
yeah.. the press box and stands didnt look new and i didnt see a jumbo tron or anything .. like i said i was mainly talking about the turf. would love to have it in kville or any smaller school in SETX. You didn't see a jumbotron because they have a "minitron"...but it's there. ;)

Also, team histories can be found on this site. I'm not sure how complete Brownwood's is since they just dropped back to 3A. I haven't looked at it.